|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Salvador Dali born?
2. What French writer born in Laval, Mayenne, France, was best known for his work, Ubu Roi?
(a) Francois Depardieux.
(b) Jacques Vaché.
(c) Alfred Jarry.
(d) Antonin Artaud.
3. With whom did Breton recount a conversation in the first postscript of Section 3?
4. What was the first object found by Breton and his friend in the flea market in Section 3?
(a) A puppet.
(b) A mask.
(c) A spoon.
(d) A doll.
5. While the responses of the survey from Section 2 were largely insufficient, there was enough interesting material there that Breton felt what?
(a) There was reason to use them, regardless.
(b) There was reason to send them again.
(c) There was some scientific justification.
(d) There was more to say.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the questionnaires sent out were returned with responses in Section 2?
2. What is the first of the questions posed by Breton in Section 2?
3. What is the original French title of Mad Love?
4. What term refers to the absence of any cause of events that can be predicted, understood, or controlled?
5. Who summarized his approach in the first line of chapter one of The Communist Manifesto: "The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles"?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)