|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose grief at the premature death of his wife, Nusch, in 1946 inspired the work "Le temps déborde" in 1947?
(a) Sam Beckett's.
(b) Antonin Artaud's.
(c) Andre Breton's.
(d) Paul Eluard's.
2. What represents that organized part of the personality structure that includes defensive, perceptual, intellectual-cognitive, and executive functions?
3. What French Poet's last major work, Un coup de dés jamais n'abolira le hasard ('A roll of the dice will never abolish chance'), was published in 1897?
(a) Francois Depardieux.
(b) Stephen Mallarmé.
(c) Jacques Vaché.
(d) Antonin Artaud.
4. What was on the handle of the spoon found at the flea market in Section 3?
(a) A shoe.
(b) A cat.
(c) A girl.
(d) A ring.
5. When was The Surrealist Manifesto released?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Breton define as "the form making manifest the exterior necessity which traces its path in the human unconscious"?
2. What season was it that Breton went to the flea market with his friend in Section 3?
3. What French writer and poet, novelist, critic, and political activist helped initiate the periodical Littérature?
4. Who directed the film, L'Age d'or?
5. On what date did Breton recount going to a restaurant, in Section 1?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)