|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What French aristocrat and author from the late eighteenth and early nineteenth century is known for his erotic and blasphemous novels, many of which were written while he was imprisoned?
(a) Marquis de Sade.
(b) Charles Baudelaire.
(c) Andre Breton.
(d) Antonin Artaud.
2. Whose photography is featured throughout Mad Love?
(a) Pablo Picasso's.
(b) Man Ray's.
(c) Gustav Klimt's.
(d) Ansel Adam's.
3. Breton noted in Section 2 that answering how a memory might stand out as a sign of the spontaneous was likely not an appropriate answer to be sought through what?
(b) A magazine.
(c) A test.
(d) A survey.
4. What French writer born in Laval, Mayenne, France, was best known for his work, Ubu Roi?
(a) Antonin Artaud.
(b) Jacques Vaché.
(c) Francois Depardieux.
(d) Alfred Jarry.
5. What was the first object found by Breton and his friend in the flea market in Section 3?
(a) A doll.
(b) A spoon.
(c) A puppet.
(d) A mask.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second of the two essential questions posed by Breton in Section 2?
2. What term refers to the absence of any cause of events that can be predicted, understood, or controlled?
3. Mad Love was written as a continuation of what previous work which explored a relationship with a woman who later turned out to be mentally unstable?
4. What refers to the science that investigates the principles governing correct or reliable inference?
5. What refers to a mythological monster, half-man and half-bull?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)