|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose grief at the premature death of his wife, Nusch, in 1946 inspired the work "Le temps déborde" in 1947?
(a) Sam Beckett's.
(b) Andre Breton's.
(c) Paul Eluard's.
(d) Antonin Artaud's.
2. What did Breton define as "the form making manifest the exterior necessity which traces its path in the human unconscious"?
3. Breton announces in Section 2 that one of the purposes of Mad Love will be to explore _____ encounter with chance.
(a) His own.
(b) His daughter's
(c) His son's.
(d) His wife's.
4. What refers to a mythological monster, half-man and half-bull?
5. What American writer, poet, editor and literary critic, considered part of the American Romantic Movement, was best known for his tales of mystery and the macabre?
(a) Edgar Allan Poe.
(b) Sam Shepherd.
(c) Jacques Vaché.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the first postscript of Section 3 written?
2. What comprises that organized part of the personality structure that criticizes and prohibits his or her drives, fantasies, feelings, and actions?
3. What refers to a pack of cards (most commonly numbering 78), used from the mid-15th century in various parts of Europe to play a group of card games and for divination?
4. What French writer born in Laval, Mayenne, France, was best known for his work, Ubu Roi?
5. Breton stated, in the first postscript of Section 3, that he had repressed the connection between the spoon and the what?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)