|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to a mythological monster, half-man and half-bull?
2. What term refers to the state of being mentally disturbed; deranged; insane; demented?
3. What comprises that organized part of the personality structure that criticizes and prohibits his or her drives, fantasies, feelings, and actions?
4. What did Breton define as "the form making manifest the exterior necessity which traces its path in the human unconscious"?
5. What is the title of the photograph in Section 1 which accompanies Breton's discussion of Tarot?
(a) "Cards and wine."
(b) "Tarot and love."
(c) "Myself and her."
Short Answer Questions
1. What was on the handle of the spoon found at the flea market in Section 3?
2. The Hegelian dialectic consists of thesis, antithesis and what?
3. What did Breton recall an early definition of as "big spoons, enormous bitter-apples, and chandeliers of soap bubbles"?
4. Breton writes in Section 1, "In order to have a woman appear, I have seen myself opening a door, shutting it, opening it again -- when I had noticed that it was not enough to slip a ____ into a book chosen at random."
5. What was the pen name of Eugène Émile Paul Grindel?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)