|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term refers to a violent agitation or disturbance; commotion?
2. What refers to a pack of cards (most commonly numbering 78), used from the mid-15th century in various parts of Europe to play a group of card games and for divination?
3. What kind of brooch was the waitress in the diner wearing, as described by Breton in Section 1?
4. What book's last line stated, "beauty will be CONVULSIVE or will not be at all"?
(a) La Revolver à cheveux blancs.
(c) Un Cadavre.
(d) Ralentir travaux.
5. What French aristocrat and author from the late eighteenth and early nineteenth century is known for his erotic and blasphemous novels, many of which were written while he was imprisoned?
(a) Charles Baudelaire.
(b) Antonin Artaud.
(c) Marquis de Sade.
(d) Andre Breton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term refers to the absence of any cause of events that can be predicted, understood, or controlled?
2. What, in psychoanalytic theory, is a group of largely unconscious (dynamically repressed) ideas and feelings which concentrate on the desire to possess the parent of the opposite sex and eliminate the parent of the same sex?
3. What is the name of Andre Breton's daughter, to whom much of Mad Love is dedicated?
4. What refers to everyday items that can be transformed into art objects or reinterpreted as objects outside their intended utilitarian purpose?
5. What German social scientist, author, political theorist and philosopher co-founded communist theory, alongside Karl Marx?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)