|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the questionnaires sent out were returned with responses in Section 2?
(a) None of them.
(b) All of them.
(c) Three quarters.
(d) Almost half.
2. What Austrian neurologist founded the psychoanalytic school of psychiatry?
(a) Carl Jung.
(b) Friedrich Engels.
(c) Sigmund Freud.
(d) Antonin Artaud.
3. Breton announces in Section 2 that one of the purposes of Mad Love will be to explore _____ encounter with chance.
(a) His daughter's
(b) His own.
(c) His son's.
(d) His wife's.
4. Breton wrote in Section 3 that the meaning of the slipper in Cinderella is that of "lost object" and that to Breton it symbolized what?
(a) His mother.
(b) His daughter.
(c) An unknown woman.
(d) His father.
5. What comprises that organized part of the personality structure that criticizes and prohibits his or her drives, fantasies, feelings, and actions?
Short Answer Questions
1. What term refers to a violent agitation or disturbance; commotion?
2. What refers to a pack of cards (most commonly numbering 78), used from the mid-15th century in various parts of Europe to play a group of card games and for divination?
3. What was the pseudonym of Isidore Lucien Ducasse, an Uruguayan-born French poet?
4. In Freud's theory, the ego mediates among the ___, the super-ego and the external world.
5. What Surrealist journal is cited in Section 2 of Mad Love?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)