|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Surrealist journal is cited in Section 2 of Mad Love?
(a) The Venus.
(c) The Minotaur.
(d) The Centaur.
2. Who was the author of The Origin of the Family, Private Property and the State?
(a) Friedrich Engels.
(b) Sigmund Freud.
(c) Karl Marx.
(d) Carl Jung.
3. What refers to a mythological monster, half-man and half-bull?
4. In Section 2, Breton sought to answer how one memory might stand out as being a "sign of the spontaneous, the indeterminate, the unforeseeable or even the _____."
5. Breton announces in Section 2 that one of the purposes of Mad Love will be to explore _____ encounter with chance.
(a) His son's.
(b) His own.
(c) His daughter's
(d) His wife's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the dishwasher shout in the diner, as described by Breton in Section 1?
2. What represents that organized part of the personality structure that includes defensive, perceptual, intellectual-cognitive, and executive functions?
3. What refers to everyday items that can be transformed into art objects or reinterpreted as objects outside their intended utilitarian purpose?
4. Whose grief at the premature death of his wife, Nusch, in 1946 inspired the work "Le temps déborde" in 1947?
5. The Hegelian dialectic consists of thesis, antithesis and what?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)