|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date did Breton recount going to a restaurant, in Section 1?
(a) April 12.
(b) May 16.
(c) January 1.
(d) April 20.
2. Who wrote The Poverty of Philosophy?
(a) Karl Marx.
(b) Sigmund Freud.
(c) Friedrich Engels.
(d) Benito Mussolini.
3. What term refers to a longing or craving, as for something that brings satisfaction or enjoyment?
4. Breton distinguishes in Section 1 between an object which is wished for and an object which is what?
(a) Prayed for.
(c) Dreamed of.
5. What is the title of the photograph in Section 1 which accompanies Breton's discussion of Tarot?
(a) "Tarot and love."
(c) "Cards and wine."
(d) "Myself and her."
Short Answer Questions
1. Breton uses a metaphor in Section 1 comparing great quartz crystals found in grottoes in Europe and the simple crystals found in what?
2. Who was the author of The Origin of the Family, Private Property and the State?
3. What refers to everyday items that can be transformed into art objects or reinterpreted as objects outside their intended utilitarian purpose?
4. Breton noted in Section 2 that answering how a memory might stand out as a sign of the spontaneous was likely not an appropriate answer to be sought through what?
5. What did the dishwasher shout in the diner, as described by Breton in Section 1?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)