|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term refers to the state of being mentally disturbed; deranged; insane; demented?
2. What kind of brooch was the waitress in the diner wearing, as described by Breton in Section 1?
3. The only works published of Comte de Lautréamont include Les Chants de Maldoror and what?
(b) Mad Love.
(d) L'amour fou.
4. Who published Civilization and Its Discontents?
(a) Karl Marx.
(b) Sigmund Freud.
(c) Carl Jung.
(d) Friedrich Engels.
5. What is the original French title of Mad Love?
(a) Manifeste du surréalisme.
(b) L'Immaculée Conception.
(c) L'Air de l'eau.
(d) L'Amour fou.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the pseudonym of Isidore Lucien Ducasse, an Uruguayan-born French poet?
2. What did Breton define as "the form making manifest the exterior necessity which traces its path in the human unconscious"?
3. In his self-reflection, Breton argued, he could point out the most significant and trivial details of his life and link them to the importance of what?
4. Breton argues that "convulsive beauty" must be seen in terms of the object in motion, and how?
5. Who wrote "Annabel Lee"?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)