|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What American writer, poet, editor and literary critic, considered part of the American Romantic Movement, was best known for his tales of mystery and the macabre?
(a) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(b) Sam Shepherd.
(c) Edgar Allan Poe.
(d) Jacques Vaché.
2. On what date did Breton recount going to a restaurant, in Section 1?
(a) April 12.
(b) January 1.
(c) April 20.
(d) May 16.
3. What is the name of Andre Breton's daughter, to whom much of Mad Love is dedicated?
4. Who wrote The Poverty of Philosophy?
(a) Sigmund Freud.
(b) Friedrich Engels.
(c) Karl Marx.
(d) Benito Mussolini.
5. The Hegelian dialectic consists of thesis, antithesis and what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the author of The Origin of the Family, Private Property and the State?
2. What kind of brooch was the waitress in the diner wearing, as described by Breton in Section 1?
3. The only works published of Comte de Lautréamont include Les Chants de Maldoror and what?
4. What was the pen name of Eugène Émile Paul Grindel?
5. Whose photography is featured throughout Mad Love?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)