|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the dishwasher shout in the diner, as described by Breton in Section 1?
(a) "S'il Vous Plaît."
(c) "La bouche!"
(d) "Poisson soluble."
2. While the responses of the survey from Section 2 were largely insufficient, there was enough interesting material there that Breton felt what?
(a) There was reason to send them again.
(b) There was reason to use them, regardless.
(c) There was more to say.
(d) There was some scientific justification.
3. Breton argues that "convulsive beauty" must be seen in terms of the object in motion, and how?
(a) In space.
(b) In the mind.
(c) In existence.
(d) In repose.
4. Surrealist theory argues that what are important for the shock and surprise they elicit?
5. Breton distinguishes in Section 1 between an object which is wished for and an object which is what?
(a) Prayed for.
(b) Dreamed of.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the pseudonym of Isidore Lucien Ducasse, an Uruguayan-born French poet?
2. What American writer, poet, editor and literary critic, considered part of the American Romantic Movement, was best known for his tales of mystery and the macabre?
3. Who wrote The Poverty of Philosophy?
4. Who wrote "Annabel Lee"?
5. What refers to a mythological monster, half-man and half-bull?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)