|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was "Sunflower" written?
2. What, in psychoanalytic theory, is a group of largely unconscious (dynamically repressed) ideas and feelings which concentrate on the desire to possess the parent of the opposite sex and eliminate the parent of the same sex?
(b) Oedipal complex.
(c) Aphrodite complex.
(d) Venus complex.
3. Where did Breton meet Lamba?
4. What term refers to a longing or craving, as for something that brings satisfaction or enjoyment?
5. Breton recalls a trip to the flea market in what year, in Section 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the original French title of Mad Love?
2. In Section 2, Breton sought to answer how one memory might stand out as being a "sign of the spontaneous, the indeterminate, the unforeseeable or even the _____."
3. What German social scientist, author, political theorist and philosopher co-founded communist theory, alongside Karl Marx?
4. What did the dishwasher shout in the diner, as described by Breton in Section 1?
5. On what date did Breton recount going to a restaurant, in Section 1?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)