|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the photograph in Section 1 which accompanies Breton's discussion of Tarot?
(a) "Myself and her."
(b) "Cards and wine."
(c) "Tarot and love."
2. Breton distinguishes in Section 1 between an object which is wished for and an object which is what?
(b) Dreamed of.
(c) Prayed for.
3. What happened later the same evening that Breton wrote of having met Lamba?
(a) They never spoke.
(b) They were married.
(c) They had their first rendevous.
(d) They had an argument.
4. Breton wrote in Section 3 that the meaning of the slipper in Cinderella is that of "lost object" and that to Breton it symbolized what?
(a) An unknown woman.
(b) His mother.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His father.
5. What French writer born in Laval, Mayenne, France, was best known for his work, Ubu Roi?
(a) Alfred Jarry.
(b) Francois Depardieux.
(c) Jacques Vaché.
(d) Antonin Artaud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the pen name of Eugène Émile Paul Grindel?
2. What book's last line stated, "beauty will be CONVULSIVE or will not be at all"?
3. What term refers to the state of being mentally disturbed; deranged; insane; demented?
4. Breton argues that "convulsive beauty" must be seen in terms of the object in motion, and how?
5. With whom did Breton recount a conversation in the first postscript of Section 3?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)