|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to the science that investigates the principles governing correct or reliable inference?
2. What art form does Breton invoke in the beginning of Mad Love?
3. Breton uses a metaphor in Section 1 comparing great quartz crystals found in grottoes in Europe and the simple crystals found in what?
(c) Rock salt.
(d) Building material.
4. What French aristocrat and author from the late eighteenth and early nineteenth century is known for his erotic and blasphemous novels, many of which were written while he was imprisoned?
(a) Antonin Artaud.
(b) Charles Baudelaire.
(c) Marquis de Sade.
(d) Andre Breton.
5. Who was the author of The Origin of the Family, Private Property and the State?
(a) Sigmund Freud.
(b) Carl Jung.
(c) Karl Marx.
(d) Friedrich Engels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Breton note was "lacking" in Giacometti's sculpture?
2. What refers to everyday items that can be transformed into art objects or reinterpreted as objects outside their intended utilitarian purpose?
3. What Swiss sculptor, painter, draughtsman, and printmaker created the monument on the grave of Gerda Taro at Père Lachaise Cemetery?
4. In his self-reflection, Breton argued, he could point out the most significant and trivial details of his life and link them to the importance of what?
5. Where was Pierre Reverdy born?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)