|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Breton noted in Section 2 that answering how a memory might stand out as a sign of the spontaneous was likely not an appropriate answer to be sought through what?
(b) A survey.
(c) A test.
(d) A magazine.
2. When was The Surrealist Manifesto released?
3. The only works published of Comte de Lautréamont include Les Chants de Maldoror and what?
(a) L'amour fou.
(c) Mad Love.
4. Breton distinguishes in Section 1 between an object which is wished for and an object which is what?
(b) Dreamed of.
(c) Prayed for.
5. In Section 2, Breton sought to answer how one memory might stand out as being a "sign of the spontaneous, the indeterminate, the unforeseeable or even the _____."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Breton meet Lamba?
2. Who was the author of The Origin of the Family, Private Property and the State?
3. Mad Love was written as a continuation of what previous work which explored a relationship with a woman who later turned out to be mentally unstable?
4. When was Pierre Reverdy born?
5. While the responses of the survey from Section 2 were largely insufficient, there was enough interesting material there that Breton felt what?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)