|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was on the handle of the spoon found at the flea market in Section 3?
(a) A shoe.
(b) A cat.
(c) A girl.
(d) A ring.
2. What represents that organized part of the personality structure that includes defensive, perceptual, intellectual-cognitive, and executive functions?
3. What Austrian neurologist founded the psychoanalytic school of psychiatry?
(a) Sigmund Freud.
(b) Carl Jung.
(c) Antonin Artaud.
(d) Friedrich Engels.
4. Breton remarked in Section 4 that he had retained a copy of "Sunflower" for over how long?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 10 years.
5. What did Breton see as a monument to things that are hidden, in Section 4?
(b) Tour Saint-Jacques.
(c) Bois de Boulogne.
(d) ÃŽle Saint-Louis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened later the same evening that Breton wrote of having met Lamba?
2. What was the second object found by Breton and his friend at the flea market in Section 3?
3. Breton and his friend, in Section 3, associated the mask's original purpose as being what?
4. In the end of Section 4, Breton sat in a restaurant with Paul Eluard and who?
5. What did Breton recall an early definition of as "big spoons, enormous bitter-apples, and chandeliers of soap bubbles"?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)