|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the first scene in Act 5 take place?
2. What does Macbath ask his doctors to do when he hears the war drums from Dunsinane?
3. Who is helping Macduff when he flees after Banquo's murder?
4. What do the witches plan to harvest from the moon?
5. Who will lead the first assault on the castle in Act 5, Scene 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Macbeth not want to receive any more reports from the doctor and his attendant in Act 5, Scene 2?
2. In Act 4, Scene 2, what happens to Lady Macduff as she is preparing to join her husband?
3. How does Macduff prove that he has slain Macbeth?
4. How was Macduff born?
5. What does Macbeth see at the banquet that frightens him beyond measure?
6. Where is most of Malcolm's army from?
7. How does Angus pledge to purge Macbeth of his bloodlusty sickness?
8. What about his new English soldiers is Malcolm most worried about?
9. Why is Macbeth so sure that he will be victorious over Malcolm's army?
10. What is Malcolm trying to hide by using camouflage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this play. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Choosing sides is a theme presented in this play. What are some of the examples of this theme, and how does it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)