|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Macduff say her husband's flight makes her look like?
2. What does Macbeth fear his future will be after finding out the source of the shrill cry in Act 5, Scene 5?
3. Where is the army at Dunsinane from?
4. What are the witches doing at the beginning of Act 4?
5. Who appears at the door when the banquet first begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Malcolm so afraid for his life in Act 3, Scene 6?
2. Why does Malcolm tell lies to Macduff as they converse in England?
3. What lies does Malcolm tell Macduff as they converse in England?
4. What is Malcolm trying to hide by using camouflage?
5. How does Angus pledge to purge Macbeth of his bloodlusty sickness?
6. Where has Macduff fled to after hearing about Banquo's death?
7. Why is Macbeth's army so small in comparison to Malcolm's army?
8. In Act 4, Scene 2, what happens to Lady Macduff as she is preparing to join her husband?
9. Who is the main general in Malcolm's army?
10. What does the child with the tree branch tell Macbeth when he visits the three witches?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this play. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Malcolm endures many different trials before the end of the play. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this play are persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)