|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macduff do when summoned by Macbeth in Act 3, Scene 6?
2. What is the one thing that will frighten Macbeth?
3. What does Macbeth say he will not do when he sees two angry and armed men approach him in the castle in Act 5, Scene 8?
4. What does Macduff do when he hears his family has been murdered?
5. What are the witches doing at the beginning of Act 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the main general in Malcolm's army?
2. In Act 4, Scene 2, what happens to Lady Macduff as she is preparing to join her husband?
3. Why is Macbeth so sure that he will be victorious over Malcolm's army?
4. What about his new English soldiers is Malcolm most worried about?
5. Why is Malcolm so afraid for his life in Act 3, Scene 6?
6. What does Malcolm suggest that his soldiers use as camouflage while approaching Macbeth's castle?
7. How was Macduff born?
8. Why is Macbeth's army so small in comparison to Malcolm's army?
9. In Act 4, Scene 2, why is Lady Macduff so frustrated with the flight of her husband?
10. What is Hecate planning on harvesting from the moon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this play are persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)