|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Macbeth feel about what his army has done while the army in Dunsinane prepares for battle?
2. How do the soldiers in Dunsinane plan to purge Macbeth of his anger?
3. Where does Macduff go after Banquo's murder?
4. In Act 4, Scene 3, what does Macduff promise Malcolm he is not?
5. What does Macduff do when summoned by Macbeth in Act 3, Scene 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Macbeth so sure that he will be victorious over Malcolm's army?
2. What about his new English soldiers is Malcolm most worried about?
3. What does the bloody child tell Macbeth when Macbeth visits the three witches?
4. Why is Malcolm so afraid for his life in Act 3, Scene 6?
5. What is Hecate planning on harvesting from the moon?
6. Where has Macduff fled to after hearing about Banquo's death?
7. What is Malcolm trying to hide by using camouflage?
8. What does Macbeth think his enemies will suffer before he is defeated?
9. What is the source of a horrible shrill cry Macbeth hears while preparing for battle in Act 5, Scene 5?
10. What lies does Malcolm tell Macduff as they converse in England?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this play. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
General Siward was a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence--however brief--altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Siward had not been in the play at all?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)