|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many soldiers are in Dunsinane in Act 5, Scene 3?
2. Who of the following has NOT fled the country by Act 4, Scene 2?
3. What does Macbeth decide he must do when he sees the army at his castle in Act 5, Scene 7?
4. Who are speaking at the beginning of Act 5?
5. Who is the leader of the army at Dunsinane?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Malcolm trying to hide by using camouflage?
2. Why is Macbeth's army so small in comparison to Malcolm's army?
3. How does Macbeth feel about his first kill in the battle against Malcolm?
4. What is peculiar about the appearance of the surprise visitor to Macbeth's banquet in Act 3, Scene 4?
5. What does Macbeth think his enemies will suffer before he is defeated?
6. What does Macbeth ask Seyton to help him with before the battle begins?
7. Who is the first person Macbeth kills in the battle against Malcolm?
8. What does Macbeth see at the banquet that frightens him beyond measure?
9. What is Hecate mad at the three witches for?
10. What does Malcolm suggest that his soldiers use as camouflage while approaching Macbeth's castle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the play. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the play, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this play are persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Security and safety are two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this play. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)