|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macbeth call his servant who tried to warn him of the encroaching army?
2. What is the source of the shrill cry Macbeth hears as the army approaches his castle in Act 5, Scene 5?
3. What does Ross say about Macduff after he has fled?
4. What is the army in Dunsinane trying to hide with their unique camouflage?
5. What is the second apparition to appear to Macbeth when he meets with the witches?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the child with the tree branch tell Macbeth when he visits the three witches?
2. What does the bloody child tell Macbeth when Macbeth visits the three witches?
3. What is Hecate mad at the three witches for?
4. In Act 4, Scene 2, why is Lady Macduff so frustrated with the flight of her husband?
5. Why is Macbeth so sure that he will be victorious over Malcolm's army?
6. What does Malcolm suggest that his soldiers use as camouflage while approaching Macbeth's castle?
7. How does Macduff prove that he has slain Macbeth?
8. What is Hecate planning on harvesting from the moon?
9. In Act 4, Scene 2, what happens to Lady Macduff as she is preparing to join her husband?
10. Why does Macbeth not want to receive any more reports from the doctor and his attendant in Act 5, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Malcolm endures many different trials before the end of the play. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Valor is a theme of this play very important to many of the characters involved. Where does this theme of valor present itself, and how do these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)