|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macduff call Macbeth as they fight?
2. Who wants to take revenge personally on Macbeth during the battle at the castle?
3. How does Macbeth feel about what his army has done while the army in Dunsinane prepares for battle?
4. What do the men in Dunsinane use as camouflage?
5. In Act 5, Scene 5, what does Macbeth think will happen to his enemies while he is in his castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Malcolm trying to hide by using camouflage?
2. What does Macbeth see at the banquet that frightens him beyond measure?
3. How does Macduff prove that he has slain Macbeth?
4. What does Malcolm suggest that his soldiers use as camouflage while approaching Macbeth's castle?
5. Why does Malcolm tell lies to Macduff as they converse in England?
6. Where has Macduff fled to after hearing about Banquo's death?
7. Why is Malcolm so afraid for his life in Act 3, Scene 6?
8. How was Macduff born?
9. Where is most of Malcolm's army from?
10. What is Hecate mad at the three witches for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Betrayal is a theme introduced at the very beginning of this play. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters are most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
General Siward was a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence--however brief--altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Siward had not been in the play at all?
Essay Topic 3
Valor is a theme of this play very important to many of the characters involved. Where does this theme of valor present itself, and how do these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)