|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lennox speak to about Banquo's death?
2. What does the first apparition warn Macbeth against?
3. What has most of Macbeth's army done while the army in Dunsinane prepares for battle?
4. What has been happening to Lady Macbeth since Banquo's death?
5. Where is Malcolm when the other soldiers are at Dunsinane?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hecate planning on harvesting from the moon?
2. What does Malcolm suggest that his soldiers use as camouflage while approaching Macbeth's castle?
3. What is peculiar about the appearance of the surprise visitor to Macbeth's banquet in Act 3, Scene 4?
4. Where has Macduff fled to after hearing about Banquo's death?
5. Why is Malcolm so afraid for his life in Act 3, Scene 6?
6. Why is Macbeth so sure that he will be victorious over Malcolm's army?
7. What does Macbeth see at the banquet that frightens him beyond measure?
8. How does Angus pledge to purge Macbeth of his bloodlusty sickness?
9. Why does Macbeth not want to receive any more reports from the doctor and his attendant in Act 5, Scene 2?
10. What is Malcolm trying to hide by using camouflage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Betrayal is a theme introduced at the very beginning of this play. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters are most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
Despair is a theme placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this play?
Essay Topic 3
How does Macbeth's relationship with his wife change over the course of the plot? What causes these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the play?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)