|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the army get the boughs they are holding?
2. What does the army at Dunsinane do when they reach the castle?
3. What is Macbeth's title in the castle at Dunsinane?
4. Who does Lennox speak to about Banquo's death?
5. What does Macbeth see at the banquet that no one else does?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 4, Scene 2, what happens to Lady Macduff as she is preparing to join her husband?
2. How does Macduff prove that he has slain Macbeth?
3. What is the source of a horrible shrill cry Macbeth hears while preparing for battle in Act 5, Scene 5?
4. Why is Macbeth's army so small in comparison to Malcolm's army?
5. Where has Macduff fled to after hearing about Banquo's death?
6. Why does Macbeth not want to receive any more reports from the doctor and his attendant in Act 5, Scene 2?
7. What is Malcolm trying to hide by using camouflage?
8. What does Macbeth ask Seyton to help him with before the battle begins?
9. What lies does Malcolm tell Macduff as they converse in England?
10. Who is the first person Macbeth kills in the battle against Malcolm?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and greed are two common themes in this play. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the play and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)