|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is helping Macduff when he flees after Banquo's murder?
2. What makes Macbeth feel invincible in Act 5?
3. Where is the army at Dunsinane from?
4. How does Macbeth feel about what his army has done while the army in Dunsinane prepares for battle?
5. What is Macbeth's title in the castle at Dunsinane?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Macbeth so sure that he will be victorious over Malcolm's army?
2. In Act 4, Scene 2, why is Lady Macduff so frustrated with the flight of her husband?
3. Where has Macduff fled to after hearing about Banquo's death?
4. What does Macbeth think his enemies will suffer before he is defeated?
5. What is Hecate planning on harvesting from the moon?
6. How does Angus pledge to purge Macbeth of his bloodlusty sickness?
7. Why does Malcolm tell lies to Macduff as they converse in England?
8. Why is Macbeth's army so small in comparison to Malcolm's army?
9. Why does Macbeth not want to receive any more reports from the doctor and his attendant in Act 5, Scene 2?
10. What does the bloody child tell Macbeth when Macbeth visits the three witches?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair is a theme placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this play?
Essay Topic 2
What were the prophecies given to Macbeth, and how do these prophecies alter the progression of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this play are persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)