|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the murders of Duncan and Banquo, what do the witches view Macbeth as?
2. Where does Macduff go after Banquo's murder?
3. What has caused Macbeth's fiery rage while the soldiers are all in Dunsinane?
4. What makes Macbeth feel invincible in Act 5?
5. Who does Lennox speak to about Banquo's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 4, Scene 2, what happens to Lady Macduff as she is preparing to join her husband?
2. What about his new English soldiers is Malcolm most worried about?
3. How does Angus pledge to purge Macbeth of his bloodlusty sickness?
4. Who is the main general in Malcolm's army?
5. Why is Macbeth so sure that he will be victorious over Malcolm's army?
6. Why is Malcolm so afraid for his life in Act 3, Scene 6?
7. What does the bloody child tell Macbeth when Macbeth visits the three witches?
8. What is Malcolm trying to hide by using camouflage?
9. What does Macbeth see at the banquet that frightens him beyond measure?
10. What does the child with the tree branch tell Macbeth when he visits the three witches?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Malcolm endures many different trials before the end of the play. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Betrayal is a theme introduced at the very beginning of this play. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters are most affected by it?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)