|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Macduff say her husband's flight makes her look like?
2. What has most of Macbeth's army done while the army in Dunsinane prepares for battle?
3. What do the witches plan to do with that which they harvest from the moon?
4. Who of the following is not among the soldiers in Dunsinane?
5. Where does the first scene in Act 5 take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 4, Scene 2, why is Lady Macduff so frustrated with the flight of her husband?
2. Why is Macbeth so sure that he will be victorious over Malcolm's army?
3. Why is Malcolm so afraid for his life in Act 3, Scene 6?
4. Where is most of Malcolm's army from?
5. Why is Macbeth's army so small in comparison to Malcolm's army?
6. What about his new English soldiers is Malcolm most worried about?
7. How does Angus pledge to purge Macbeth of his bloodlusty sickness?
8. What does Macbeth think his enemies will suffer before he is defeated?
9. How does Macbeth feel about his first kill in the battle against Malcolm?
10. What is Hecate planning on harvesting from the moon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choosing sides is a theme presented in this play. What are some of the examples of this theme, and how does it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this play that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the play and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)