|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Macbeth feel about his first killing in the battle in Act 5, Scene 7?
2. Who of the following is NOT in attendance in the hall when the banquet begins in Act 3, Scene 4?
3. What does a doctor say Lady Macbeth needs to heal?
4. Where did Banquo receive 20 gashes?
5. In Act 4, Scene 3, what does Macduff promise Malcolm he is not?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Macduff born?
2. Why does Macbeth not want to receive any more reports from the doctor and his attendant in Act 5, Scene 2?
3. What is the source of a horrible shrill cry Macbeth hears while preparing for battle in Act 5, Scene 5?
4. Where has Macduff fled to after hearing about Banquo's death?
5. What does Macbeth think his enemies will suffer before he is defeated?
6. How does Macbeth feel about his first kill in the battle against Malcolm?
7. What is peculiar about the appearance of the surprise visitor to Macbeth's banquet in Act 3, Scene 4?
8. Why is Macbeth so sure that he will be victorious over Malcolm's army?
9. Why does Malcolm tell lies to Macduff as they converse in England?
10. In Act 4, Scene 2, what happens to Lady Macduff as she is preparing to join her husband?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Valor is a theme of this play very important to many of the characters involved. Where does this theme of valor present itself, and how do these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Power and greed are two common themes in this play. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
What were the prophecies given to Macbeth, and how do these prophecies alter the progression of the plot?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)