|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the source of the shrill cry Macbeth hears as the army approaches his castle in Act 5, Scene 5?
2. Why is Macbeth not afraid of the man sworn to take revenge on him?
3. What is Lady Macbeth trying to do while she is sleeping?
4. What does Macduff call Macbeth as they fight?
5. How does Macbeth hear that Birnam Wood is moving towards the castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Malcolm suggest that his soldiers use as camouflage while approaching Macbeth's castle?
2. How does Macbeth feel about his first kill in the battle against Malcolm?
3. What does Macbeth think his enemies will suffer before he is defeated?
4. What does the child with the tree branch tell Macbeth when he visits the three witches?
5. In Act 4, Scene 2, what happens to Lady Macduff as she is preparing to join her husband?
6. Who is the main general in Malcolm's army?
7. Why is Macbeth so sure that he will be victorious over Malcolm's army?
8. Where is most of Malcolm's army from?
9. How does Macduff prove that he has slain Macbeth?
10. What is Hecate mad at the three witches for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Malcolm endures many different trials before the end of the play. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)