|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the witches plan to harvest from the moon?
2. What does Macduff call Macbeth as they fight?
3. Who is with Lady Macduff in her castle when she hears her husband has fled?
4. Where does the first scene in Act 5 take place?
5. What does Macbeth ask Seyton to do as the army approaches in Act 5, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the first person Macbeth kills in the battle against Malcolm?
2. Why does Macbeth not want to receive any more reports from the doctor and his attendant in Act 5, Scene 2?
3. In Act 4, Scene 2, what happens to Lady Macduff as she is preparing to join her husband?
4. What does the child with the tree branch tell Macbeth when he visits the three witches?
5. What does Macbeth see at the banquet that frightens him beyond measure?
6. What is Hecate mad at the three witches for?
7. What is Hecate planning on harvesting from the moon?
8. What does the bloody child tell Macbeth when Macbeth visits the three witches?
9. How does Macbeth feel about his first kill in the battle against Malcolm?
10. What does Macbeth ask Seyton to help him with before the battle begins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the prophecies given to Macbeth, and how do these prophecies alter the progression of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the play. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the play, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)