|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the first apparition warn Macbeth against?
2. What news terrifies Macbeth at his banquet?
3. What has been happening to Lady Macbeth since Banquo's death?
4. What does Macduff do when summoned by Macbeth in Act 3, Scene 6?
5. What happens to Macduff's family after he has fled the country?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the bloody child tell Macbeth when Macbeth visits the three witches?
2. Why is Malcolm so afraid for his life in Act 3, Scene 6?
3. What lies does Malcolm tell Macduff as they converse in England?
4. What is Hecate planning on harvesting from the moon?
5. What does Macbeth ask Seyton to help him with before the battle begins?
6. In Act 4, Scene 2, what happens to Lady Macduff as she is preparing to join her husband?
7. Why does Macbeth not want to receive any more reports from the doctor and his attendant in Act 5, Scene 2?
8. How does Macbeth feel about his first kill in the battle against Malcolm?
9. What does Malcolm suggest that his soldiers use as camouflage while approaching Macbeth's castle?
10. What does the child with the tree branch tell Macbeth when he visits the three witches?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the play and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this play. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)