|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so surprising to Lady Macbeth about an old man in Act 5, Scene 1?
2. Who does Lennox speak to about Banquo's death?
3. What is the one thing that will frighten Macbeth?
4. Who is with Lady Macduff in her castle when she hears her husband has fled?
5. What does Malcolm tell Macduff after they have both fled?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the bloody child tell Macbeth when Macbeth visits the three witches?
2. Why is Malcolm so afraid for his life in Act 3, Scene 6?
3. What does the child with the tree branch tell Macbeth when he visits the three witches?
4. What does Macbeth see at the banquet that frightens him beyond measure?
5. In Act 4, Scene 2, what happens to Lady Macduff as she is preparing to join her husband?
6. How does Macbeth feel about his first kill in the battle against Malcolm?
7. What about his new English soldiers is Malcolm most worried about?
8. What lies does Malcolm tell Macduff as they converse in England?
9. What does Macbeth think his enemies will suffer before he is defeated?
10. Who is the main general in Malcolm's army?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choosing sides is a theme presented in this play. What are some of the examples of this theme, and how does it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the play and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)