|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the hero of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
2. What is Lady Macbeth's reaction when she is told of the king's death the morning after?
3. What did Lennox tell Macbeth about the night of Duncan's murder?
4. What does Macbeth say about killing Duncan after Duncan arrives at his castle?
5. What is Lady Macbeth assured of after Banquo rides away from the castle in Act 3, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lady Macbeth do in order to allow for Macbeth to have safe passage past Duncan's chamberlains in Act 1, Scene 7?
2. In the first scene of the play, who else do the witches say they will meet with when they next meet?
3. How did the Thane of Cawdor die?
4. Why are Duncan's sons both considered suspects in Duncan's murder?
5. What does Macbeth hear just after murdering Duncan?
6. Who does Duncan say will replace the Thane of Cawdor in his position?
7. Who is framed for Duncan's murder?
8. How does Macbeth plan to kill Banquo and his son?
9. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
10. What plans does Macbeth hide from his wife in Act 3, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Choosing sides is a theme presented in this play. What are some of the examples of this theme, and how does it affect the characters involved?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)