|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is this play set?
2. Where is Banquo killed?
3. Who owns the victory of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
4. What does Banquo suffer from on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
5. Who does Banquo think killed Duncan?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 1, what do the witches prophecy for Banquo's future?
2. What does Macbeth think his wife will do when she hears of his devious and secret plan in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. What causes Macbeth to hesitate in killing Duncan?
4. Why does Macbeth want Banquo and his son killed?
5. What does Duncan make the King of Norway do in order to bury his dead?
6. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
7. What is Banquo's first impression of Macbeth's castle?
8. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does Macbeth write to his wife about while he is away at war?
9. In Act 1, Scnee 6, what does Duncan say helped Macbeth to arrive at his castle so far ahead of himself?
10. How does a sailor's wife offend one of the witches?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Choosing sides is a theme presented in this play. What are some of the examples of this theme, and how does it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)