|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Macbeth choose to not tell his wife after Banquo rides away from the castle in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. Who is the first to greet Duncan at Macbeth's castle?
3. What does Macbeth feel that Banquo has stripped him of?
4. Who does Duncan meet as he sets up camp at the beginning of the play?
5. Who does Macduff think is responsible for killing Duncan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is to be done with the captured Thane of Cawdor in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does Ross speak with an old man about the morning after Duncan's assassination?
3. What does Lady Macbeth do in order to allow for Macbeth to have safe passage past Duncan's chamberlains in Act 1, Scene 7?
4. What does Banquo wish to speak with Macbeth about late in the night just before Macbeth murders Duncan?
5. What plans does Macbeth hide from his wife in Act 3, Scene 2?
6. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does Macbeth write to his wife about while he is away at war?
7. After reading her husband's letter in Act 1, Scene 5, what does Lady Macbeth fear Macbeth may be?
8. What does Macbeth hear just after murdering Duncan?
9. What causes Macbeth to hesitate in killing Duncan?
10. Who does Duncan say will replace the Thane of Cawdor in his position?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this play that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Power and greed are two common themes in this play. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)