Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Macbeth's plan not fulfilled in Banquo's murder?
2. What is Lady Macbeth assured of after Banquo rides away from the castle in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. Who of the following is NOT found in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Lady Macbeth says she has in her mind after hearing the prophecy of the witches?
5. Who is sent for to help the wounded sergeant in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hecate planning on harvesting from the moon?
2. Where is most of Malcolm's army from?
3. How does Macduff prove that he has slain Macbeth?
4. How does Macbeth plan to kill Banquo and his son?
5. What does Macbeth think his wife will do when she hears of his devious and secret plan in Act 3, Scene 2?
6. What does Malcolm suggest that his soldiers use as camouflage while approaching Macbeth's castle?
7. After reading her husband's letter in Act 1, Scene 5, what does Lady Macbeth fear Macbeth may be?
8. What causes Macbeth to hesitate in killing Duncan?
9. Who is the main general in Malcolm's army?
10. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the play. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the play, and what causes these changes?
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this play. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
What were the prophecies given to Macbeth, and how do these prophecies alter the progression of the plot?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)