|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Macbeth's plan not fulfilled in Banquo's murder?
2. What is Lady Macbeth assured of after Banquo rides away from the castle in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. Who of the following is NOT found in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Lady Macbeth says she has in her mind after hearing the prophecy of the witches?
5. Who is sent for to help the wounded sergeant in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hecate planning on harvesting from the moon?
2. Where is most of Malcolm's army from?
3. How does Macduff prove that he has slain Macbeth?
4. How does Macbeth plan to kill Banquo and his son?
5. What does Macbeth think his wife will do when she hears of his devious and secret plan in Act 3, Scene 2?
6. What does Malcolm suggest that his soldiers use as camouflage while approaching Macbeth's castle?
7. After reading her husband's letter in Act 1, Scene 5, what does Lady Macbeth fear Macbeth may be?
8. What causes Macbeth to hesitate in killing Duncan?
9. Who is the main general in Malcolm's army?
10. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
Essay Topic 1
Valor is a theme of this play very important to many of the characters involved. Where does this theme of valor present itself, and how do these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Power and greed are two common themes in this play. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
General Siward was a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence--however brief--altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Siward had not been in the play at all?
This section contains 1,104 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)