|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Macbeth says she has in her mind after hearing the prophecy of the witches?
2. What do the witches say are their greatest pleasure in life?
3. Where is Macbeth's castle?
4. What does Duncan give Lady Macbeth in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. How are Banquo and Fleance related?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 1, Scnee 6, what does Duncan say helped Macbeth to arrive at his castle so far ahead of himself?
2. What causes Macbeth to hesitate in killing Duncan?
3. What does one of the witches sense in the air in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. When do the witches vow to meet again before they part at the beginning of the play?
5. What does Duncan reward Lady Macbeth with the evening before his assassination?
6. How does a sailor's wife offend one of the witches?
7. How did the rebel Macdonwald die?
8. What does Duncan make the King of Norway do in order to bury his dead?
9. After reading her husband's letter in Act 1, Scene 5, what does Lady Macbeth fear Macbeth may be?
10. What does Banquo wish to speak with Macbeth about late in the night just before Macbeth murders Duncan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
This play takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Shakespeare have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)