Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Macbeth's plan not fulfilled in Banquo's murder?
2. What is Lady Macbeth assured of after Banquo rides away from the castle in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. Who of the following is NOT found in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Lady Macbeth says she has in her mind after hearing the prophecy of the witches?
5. Who is sent for to help the wounded sergeant in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hecate planning on harvesting from the moon?
2. Where is most of Malcolm's army from?
3. How does Macduff prove that he has slain Macbeth?
4. How does Macbeth plan to kill Banquo and his son?
5. What does Macbeth think his wife will do when she hears of his devious and secret plan in Act 3, Scene 2?
6. What does Malcolm suggest that his soldiers use as camouflage while approaching Macbeth's castle?
7. After reading her husband's letter in Act 1, Scene 5, what does Lady Macbeth fear Macbeth may be?
8. What causes Macbeth to hesitate in killing Duncan?
9. Who is the main general in Malcolm's army?
10. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
Essay Topic 1
Despair is a theme placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this play?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
What were the prophecies given to Macbeth, and how do these prophecies alter the progression of the plot?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)