|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Banquo acknowledge in his soliloquy at the beginning of Act 3?
2. What gave Lady Macbeth the courage to continue with her plot in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What does Banquo suffer from on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
4. What does Macbeth feel that Banquo has stripped him of?
5. Who kills Banquo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Macbeth hear just after murdering Duncan?
2. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does Macbeth write to his wife about while he is away at war?
3. Why are Duncan's sons both considered suspects in Duncan's murder?
4. Why does Macbeth want Banquo and his son killed?
5. How did the rebel Macdonwald die?
6. How does Macbeth plan to kill Banquo and his son?
7. What causes Macbeth to hesitate in killing Duncan?
8. What does Lady Macbeth do in order to allow for Macbeth to have safe passage past Duncan's chamberlains in Act 1, Scene 7?
9. In Act 1, Scene 4, what title does Duncan bestow upon Malcolm after the battle?
10. How did the Thane of Cawdor die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Choosing sides is a theme presented in this play. What are some of the examples of this theme, and how does it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this play that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)