|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Banquo acknowledge in his soliloquy at the beginning of Act 3?
2. Where does the sun seem to set at the beginning of the play?
3. What does Malcolm tell Duncan of the Thane of Cawdor just before the new Thane is named?
4. What gave Lady Macbeth the courage to continue with her plot in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Who is the hero of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does one of the witches sense in the air in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does Ross speak with an old man about the morning after Duncan's assassination?
3. After reading her husband's letter in Act 1, Scene 5, what does Lady Macbeth fear Macbeth may be?
4. What does the witch do to punish the sailor's wife who offends her?
5. Why does Macbeth want Banquo and his son killed?
6. In Act 1, Scnee 6, what does Duncan say helped Macbeth to arrive at his castle so far ahead of himself?
7. Who is framed for Duncan's murder?
8. What does Banquo wish to speak with Macbeth about late in the night just before Macbeth murders Duncan?
9. What does Lady Macbeth do in order to allow for Macbeth to have safe passage past Duncan's chamberlains in Act 1, Scene 7?
10. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does Macbeth write to his wife about while he is away at war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Valor is a theme of this play very important to many of the characters involved. Where does this theme of valor present itself, and how do these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the play. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the play, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)