|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to greet Duncan at Macbeth's castle?
2. Who owns the victory of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
3. What does Macbeth feel that Banquo has stripped him of?
4. How is Lady Macbeth told of the king's murder the morning after?
5. What is so surprising about the way Lady Macbeth treats the king when he arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ross speak with an old man about the morning after Duncan's assassination?
2. Why does Macbeth want Banquo and his son killed?
3. What plans does Macbeth hide from his wife in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does Macbeth write to his wife about while he is away at war?
5. What does Lady Macbeth do in order to allow for Macbeth to have safe passage past Duncan's chamberlains in Act 1, Scene 7?
6. In Act 3, Scene 1, what do the witches prophecy for Banquo's future?
7. Why are Duncan's sons both considered suspects in Duncan's murder?
8. How did the Thane of Cawdor die?
9. After reading her husband's letter in Act 1, Scene 5, what does Lady Macbeth fear Macbeth may be?
10. How does a sailor's wife offend one of the witches?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choosing sides is a theme presented in this play. What are some of the examples of this theme, and how does it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this play are persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this play that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)