|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Macbeth's castle?
2. When do the witches want to meet?
3. What does Lady Macbeth tell her husband to do in front of the king when he comes to their home?
4. Why is Macbeth plotting to kill Banquo at all?
5. Where is this play set?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 4, what title does Duncan bestow upon Malcolm after the battle?
2. What does Macbeth hear just after murdering Duncan?
3. After reading her husband's letter in Act 1, Scene 5, what does Lady Macbeth fear Macbeth may be?
4. When do the witches vow to meet again before they part at the beginning of the play?
5. What does Macbeth think his enemies will suffer before he is defeated?
6. How does Angus pledge to purge Macbeth of his bloodlusty sickness?
7. What is Malcolm trying to hide by using camouflage?
8. What causes Macbeth to hesitate in killing Duncan?
9. In Act 1, Scnee 6, what does Duncan say helped Macbeth to arrive at his castle so far ahead of himself?
10. What does Lady Macbeth call her husband after he has murdered Duncan?
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this play. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Despair is a theme placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this play?
Essay Topic 3
What were the prophecies given to Macbeth, and how do these prophecies alter the progression of the plot?
This section contains 1,099 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)