|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does Macbeth say he shall make the green sea?
2. Who is the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
3. Who escapes the ambush on Banquo in Act 3, Scene 3?
4. in Act 1, Scene 3, what do the witches tell Macbeth he will become?
5. Where does Duncan decide to camp at the beginning of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Macbeth think his wife will do when she hears of his devious and secret plan in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. In Act 3, Scene 1, what do the witches prophecy for Banquo's future?
3. After reading her husband's letter in Act 1, Scene 5, what does Lady Macbeth fear Macbeth may be?
4. In the first scene of the play, who else do the witches say they will meet with when they next meet?
5. What is to be done with the captured Thane of Cawdor in Act 1, Scene 2?
6. What does Ross speak with an old man about the morning after Duncan's assassination?
7. What does Lady Macbeth call her husband after he has murdered Duncan?
8. What does Duncan reward Lady Macbeth with the evening before his assassination?
9. How did the Thane of Cawdor die?
10. How did the rebel Macdonwald die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this play that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Malcolm endures many different trials before the end of the play. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)