|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Duncan give Lady Macbeth in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What does Macbeth say he will have to do if he is caught murdering the king?
3. What does Lady Macbeth hear shortly after the deed with Duncan is done in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Where does Banquo's killer wait for him?
5. What does the person who escaped the ambush on Banquo in Act 3, Scene 3 do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
2. What does Macbeth think his wife will do when she hears of his devious and secret plan in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. What does one of the witches sense in the air in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does Macbeth hear just after murdering Duncan?
5. What is Banquo's first impression of Macbeth's castle?
6. What causes Macbeth to hesitate in killing Duncan?
7. In Act 3, Scene 1, what do the witches prophecy for Banquo's future?
8. How did the rebel Macdonwald die?
9. In Act 3, Scene 1, what does Macbeth lament that Banquo has taken from him?
10. How did the Thane of Cawdor die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Macbeth's relationship with his wife change over the course of the plot? What causes these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this play that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this play are persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)