|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macbeth think his wife will do after she hears of Banquo's murder?
2. What happens to the original Thane of Cawdor?
3. Who does Macbeth hire after Banquo leaves the castle for the day in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What does Banquo acknowledge in his soliloquy at the beginning of Act 3?
5. Where does Duncan decide to camp at the beginning of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the rebel Macdonwald die?
2. What does Duncan make the King of Norway do in order to bury his dead?
3. How does a sailor's wife offend one of the witches?
4. What does Lady Macbeth do in order to allow for Macbeth to have safe passage past Duncan's chamberlains in Act 1, Scene 7?
5. What does Lady Macbeth call her husband after he has murdered Duncan?
6. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does Macbeth write to his wife about while he is away at war?
7. Who does Duncan say will replace the Thane of Cawdor in his position?
8. In Act 3, Scene 1, what do the witches prophecy for Banquo's future?
9. What does Macbeth hear just after murdering Duncan?
10. What does the witch do to punish the sailor's wife who offends her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Betrayal is a theme introduced at the very beginning of this play. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters are most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this play are persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Security and safety are two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this play. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)