|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Macbeth afraid when the army reaches the castle when he has been so confident until then?
(a) He didn't realize how large the army was.
(b) He cannot find his good armor.
(c) The witches warnings are coming true.
(d) He feels helpless without his wife.
2. What does Macbeth say he will not do when he sees two angry and armed men approach him in the castle in Act 5, Scene 8?
(a) Fall on his sword.
(c) Succumb to fear.
(d) Lose the battle.
3. What has been happening to Lady Macbeth since Banquo's death?
(a) She has been sleepwalking.
(b) She has been having horrible dreams.
(c) She has been followed by Banquo's ghost.
(d) She has been having hallucinations.
4. What do the men in Dunsinane use as camouflage?
(a) Black paint.
(c) Armor from Macbeth's army.
(d) Branches from trees in the wood.
5. Who will lead the first assault on the castle in Act 5, Scene 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Duncan's heir?
2. What brings Siward comfort when he hears of his son's death?
3. What does Macbeth tell the unexpected visitor to the hall at the beginning of the banquet to do?
4. What does Macbath ask his doctors to do when he hears the war drums from Dunsinane?
5. Where did Banquo receive 20 gashes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lies does Malcolm tell Macduff as they converse in England?
2. What does the child with the tree branch tell Macbeth when he visits the three witches?
3. How does Macduff prove that he has slain Macbeth?
4. Who is the main general in Malcolm's army?
5. What does the bloody child tell Macbeth when Macbeth visits the three witches?
6. How does Macbeth feel about his first kill in the battle against Malcolm?
7. What does Malcolm suggest that his soldiers use as camouflage while approaching Macbeth's castle?
8. In Act 4, Scene 2, what happens to Lady Macduff as she is preparing to join her husband?
9. What is peculiar about the appearance of the surprise visitor to Macbeth's banquet in Act 3, Scene 4?
10. What does Macbeth see at the banquet that frightens him beyond measure?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)