|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macbeth fear his future will be after finding out the source of the shrill cry in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) Reigning and ruling.
(b) Dusty death.
(c) Sadness and sorrow.
(d) Great glory.
2. What has caused Macbeth's fiery rage while the soldiers are all in Dunsinane?
(a) The mutiny against him.
(b) His secret murders.
(c) His wife's madness.
(d) The treachery of his friends.
3. Why does Malcolm lie to Macduff about being a lusty man?
(a) He wanted to lighten the mood.
(b) He enjoys a good tale.
(c) He wishes he could be that way.
(d) He is testing Macduff.
4. Why is Malcom afraid to take up the crown?
(a) He has many vices.
(b) He fears he will be murdered.
(c) He is too young.
(d) He has no knowledge of state affairs.
5. What does Macbeth decide he must do when he sees the army at his castle in Act 5, Scene 7?
(a) Make a truce.
(c) Make a stand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the witches doing at the beginning of Act 4?
2. What is so surprising to Lady Macbeth about an old man in Act 5, Scene 1?
3. Who appears at the door when the banquet first begins?
4. What does Malcolm tell Macduff after they have both fled?
5. Where does Macduff go after Banquo's murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Macbeth think his enemies will suffer before he is defeated?
2. Why is Macbeth's army so small in comparison to Malcolm's army?
3. Who is the first person Macbeth kills in the battle against Malcolm?
4. What does Macbeth see at the banquet that frightens him beyond measure?
5. What is Hecate mad at the three witches for?
6. What lies does Malcolm tell Macduff as they converse in England?
7. In Act 4, Scene 2, what happens to Lady Macduff as she is preparing to join her husband?
8. How does Macbeth feel about his first kill in the battle against Malcolm?
9. Why does Macbeth not want to receive any more reports from the doctor and his attendant in Act 5, Scene 2?
10. What is Hecate planning on harvesting from the moon?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)