|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lady Macbeth die?
(a) Captured by the enemy.
(b) Mistaken for a witch by a servant.
2. What happens to Macduff's family after he has fled the country?
(a) They are murdered.
(b) They prepare to go see Macbeth.
(c) They go into hiding.
(d) They flee to join him.
3. Who is with Lady Macduff in her castle when she hears her husband has fled?
(a) Her servants.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her sister.
4. Who do the witches meet with the morning after Banquo's murder?
5. How does Macbeth hear that Birnam Wood is moving towards the castle?
(a) His sentry tells him.
(b) A witch prophecies it to him.
(c) He sees it out his window.
(d) He sees it in a dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the witches plan to show Macbeth the morning after Banquo's murder?
2. Where does the first scene in Act 5 take place?
3. What does the first apparition warn Macbeth against?
4. What does Ross say about Macduff after he has fled?
5. What does Macbeth call his servant who tried to warn him of the encroaching army?
Short Essay Questions
1. What about his new English soldiers is Malcolm most worried about?
2. Who is the main general in Malcolm's army?
3. Who is the first person Macbeth kills in the battle against Malcolm?
4. Why is Macbeth so sure that he will be victorious over Malcolm's army?
5. How does Macbeth feel about his first kill in the battle against Malcolm?
6. What is peculiar about the appearance of the surprise visitor to Macbeth's banquet in Act 3, Scene 4?
7. Why does Malcolm tell lies to Macduff as they converse in England?
8. What is Malcolm trying to hide by using camouflage?
9. Where has Macduff fled to after hearing about Banquo's death?
10. How does Macduff prove that he has slain Macbeth?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)