|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Macbeth's title in the castle at Dunsinane?
2. What do the men in Dunsinane use as camouflage?
(a) Armor from Macbeth's army.
(b) Black paint.
(d) Branches from trees in the wood.
3. How was Macduff born?
(a) Born prematurely.
(b) Stillborn, and then revived.
(c) Ripped from his mother's womb.
(d) Extracted from his mother's dead corpse.
4. How does Lady Macbeth die?
(c) Mistaken for a witch by a servant.
(d) Captured by the enemy.
5. Who is with Lady Macduff in her castle when she hears her husband has fled?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her servants.
(d) Her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What brings Siward comfort when he hears of his son's death?
2. What do the witches plan to show Macbeth the morning after Banquo's murder?
3. What does Macduff's son compare himself to when he hears that his father has fled?
4. What news terrifies Macbeth at his banquet?
5. What do the witches plan to harvest from the moon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Malcolm suggest that his soldiers use as camouflage while approaching Macbeth's castle?
2. What is Hecate mad at the three witches for?
3. Why is Macbeth's army so small in comparison to Malcolm's army?
4. Why is Macbeth so sure that he will be victorious over Malcolm's army?
5. What about his new English soldiers is Malcolm most worried about?
6. Why does Malcolm tell lies to Macduff as they converse in England?
7. What is the source of a horrible shrill cry Macbeth hears while preparing for battle in Act 5, Scene 5?
8. In Act 4, Scene 2, why is Lady Macduff so frustrated with the flight of her husband?
9. What does the child with the tree branch tell Macbeth when he visits the three witches?
10. How does Angus pledge to purge Macbeth of his bloodlusty sickness?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)