|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lady Macbeth trying to do while she is sleeping?
(a) Wash her hands.
(c) Kill Duncan.
(d) Put on her crown.
2. Why does Malcolm lie to Macduff about being a lusty man?
(a) He wishes he could be that way.
(b) He enjoys a good tale.
(c) He is testing Macduff.
(d) He wanted to lighten the mood.
3. What is Macbeth's title in the castle at Dunsinane?
4. What does Lady Macduff say her husband's flight makes her look like?
(b) A traitor.
(d) The family of a coward.
5. In Act 4, Scene 3, what does Macduff promise Malcolm he is not?
(a) A noble man.
(b) A coward.
(c) A murderer.
(d) A traitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macbeth call his servant who tried to warn him of the encroaching army?
2. Why is Malcom afraid to take up the crown?
3. What does Macbeth tell the unexpected visitor to the hall at the beginning of the banquet to do?
4. Where is Malcolm when the other soldiers are at Dunsinane?
5. Who is Duncan's heir?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the first person Macbeth kills in the battle against Malcolm?
2. What lies does Malcolm tell Macduff as they converse in England?
3. Why is Macbeth's army so small in comparison to Malcolm's army?
4. What does Macbeth think his enemies will suffer before he is defeated?
5. What is peculiar about the appearance of the surprise visitor to Macbeth's banquet in Act 3, Scene 4?
6. What does the bloody child tell Macbeth when Macbeth visits the three witches?
7. Who is the main general in Malcolm's army?
8. What about his new English soldiers is Malcolm most worried about?
9. What does Macbeth ask Seyton to help him with before the battle begins?
10. How was Macduff born?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)