|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news terrifies Macbeth at his banquet?
(a) Fleance escaped.
(b) Banquo is dead.
(c) The murderer wants more money.
(d) Banquo's death had witnesses.
2. Why does Malcolm lie to Macduff about being a lusty man?
(a) He enjoys a good tale.
(b) He wishes he could be that way.
(c) He wanted to lighten the mood.
(d) He is testing Macduff.
3. Where does Macduff go after Banquo's murder?
4. What does Macbeth decide he must do when he sees the army at his castle in Act 5, Scene 7?
(b) Make a stand.
(d) Make a truce.
5. What is Macduff doing as he flees after Banquo's death?
(a) Spreading the news of Macbeth's treachery.
(b) Trying to save his life.
(c) Grieving for Duncan and Banquo.
(d) Plotting against Macbeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so surprising to Lady Macbeth about an old man in Act 5, Scene 1?
2. What does Macduff call Macbeth as they fight?
3. Where did the army get the boughs they are holding?
4. Who is crowned king at the end of the play?
5. What does the army at Dunsinane do when they reach the castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 4, Scene 2, what happens to Lady Macduff as she is preparing to join her husband?
2. What is Malcolm trying to hide by using camouflage?
3. What is peculiar about the appearance of the surprise visitor to Macbeth's banquet in Act 3, Scene 4?
4. What does Macbeth ask Seyton to help him with before the battle begins?
5. Where has Macduff fled to after hearing about Banquo's death?
6. Why does Macbeth not want to receive any more reports from the doctor and his attendant in Act 5, Scene 2?
7. What about his new English soldiers is Malcolm most worried about?
8. What does the bloody child tell Macbeth when Macbeth visits the three witches?
9. In Act 4, Scene 2, why is Lady Macduff so frustrated with the flight of her husband?
10. How does Macduff prove that he has slain Macbeth?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)