|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Macduff go after Banquo's murder?
2. Who will lead the first assault on the castle in Act 5, Scene 6?
3. What is the army in Dunsinane trying to hide with their unique camouflage?
(a) Their strategy.
(b) Their numbers.
(c) The approach.
(d) Their existence.
4. How does Lady Macbeth die?
(c) Mistaken for a witch by a servant.
(d) Captured by the enemy.
5. What does Macduff's son compare himself to when he hears that his father has fled?
(a) A bird.
(b) A dog.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second apparition to appear to Macbeth when he meets with the witches?
2. What has caused Macbeth's fiery rage while the soldiers are all in Dunsinane?
3. Where is Malcolm when the other soldiers are at Dunsinane?
4. What does Macbeth see at the banquet that no one else does?
5. What does Malcolm tell the army to do when they reach the castle at Dunsinane?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the bloody child tell Macbeth when Macbeth visits the three witches?
2. What does Macbeth see at the banquet that frightens him beyond measure?
3. Why is Macbeth's army so small in comparison to Malcolm's army?
4. What is the source of a horrible shrill cry Macbeth hears while preparing for battle in Act 5, Scene 5?
5. What is Hecate mad at the three witches for?
6. In Act 4, Scene 2, what happens to Lady Macduff as she is preparing to join her husband?
7. In Act 4, Scene 2, why is Lady Macduff so frustrated with the flight of her husband?
8. What is Malcolm trying to hide by using camouflage?
9. What does Malcolm suggest that his soldiers use as camouflage while approaching Macbeth's castle?
10. How was Macduff born?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)