|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the army in Dunsinane trying to hide with their unique camouflage?
(a) The approach.
(b) Their existence.
(c) Their numbers.
(d) Their strategy.
2. What does Malcolm tell Macduff after they have both fled?
(a) He is filled with confusion.
(b) He is filled with sadness.
(c) He is filled with anger.
(d) He is filled with fear.
3. Where does the first scene in Act 5 take place?
(a) Macduff's castle.
(b) A wood.
(c) An inn.
(d) An anteroom in Macbeth's castle.
4. What does Macbath ask his doctors to do when he hears the war drums from Dunsinane?
(a) Leave him and find safety.
(b) Stop giving him reports.
(c) Give him an injection of strength.
(d) Attend to his wife.
5. Why is Malcom afraid to take up the crown?
(a) He fears he will be murdered.
(b) He has no knowledge of state affairs.
(c) He has many vices.
(d) He is too young.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the witches meet with the morning after Banquo's murder?
2. Who is the first person killed by Macbeth in the battle at his castle?
3. What is so surprising to Lady Macbeth about an old man in Act 5, Scene 1?
4. Who is with Lady Macduff in her castle when she hears her husband has fled?
5. Where is Malcolm when the other soldiers are at Dunsinane?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is peculiar about the appearance of the surprise visitor to Macbeth's banquet in Act 3, Scene 4?
2. In Act 4, Scene 2, what happens to Lady Macduff as she is preparing to join her husband?
3. Who is the main general in Malcolm's army?
4. Why does Malcolm tell lies to Macduff as they converse in England?
5. What does Malcolm suggest that his soldiers use as camouflage while approaching Macbeth's castle?
6. Why is Macbeth's army so small in comparison to Malcolm's army?
7. Why is Malcolm so afraid for his life in Act 3, Scene 6?
8. What does Macbeth ask Seyton to help him with before the battle begins?
9. Why does Macbeth not want to receive any more reports from the doctor and his attendant in Act 5, Scene 2?
10. Where has Macduff fled to after hearing about Banquo's death?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)