|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Macduff's family after he has fled the country?
(a) They go into hiding.
(b) They are murdered.
(c) They flee to join him.
(d) They prepare to go see Macbeth.
2. Why is Macbeth not afraid of the man sworn to take revenge on him?
(a) He is full of confidence.
(b) He had a dream in which he defeated this man.
(c) The prophecy from the witches gives him courage.
(d) He knows he is stronger than the man.
3. What does Macbeth ask Seyton to do as the army approaches in Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) Protect his wife.
(b) Send a message to the army.
(c) Rally his own troops.
(d) Prepare his armor.
4. Where did Banquo receive 20 gashes?
(a) His head.
(b) His stomach.
(c) His heart.
(d) His neck.
5. How does Macbeth hear that Birnam Wood is moving towards the castle?
(a) His sentry tells him.
(b) He sees it out his window.
(c) A witch prophecies it to him.
(d) He sees it in a dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the murders of Duncan and Banquo, what do the witches view Macbeth as?
2. Who does Lennox speak to about Banquo's death?
3. Why is Macbeth not at all disturbed by the war drums?
4. Who is with Lady Macduff in her castle when she hears her husband has fled?
5. What are the witches rebuked for the morning after Banquo's murder?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)