|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the witches plan to do with that which they harvest from the moon?
(a) Envelop Macbeth in darkness.
(b) Create evil sprites.
(c) Cause Macbeth to sleep so that he may be murdered in his bed.
(d) Look into the future.
2. Who suggests the form of camouflage that the army in Dunsinane uses?
(a) General Siward.
3. What is the second apparition to appear to Macbeth when he meets with the witches?
(a) A bloody child.
(b) An armed head.
(c) A child holding a branch.
(d) The ghost of Duncan.
4. What does Macbeth decide he must do when he sees the army at his castle in Act 5, Scene 7?
(b) Make a stand.
(d) Make a truce.
5. What does Macbath ask his doctors to do when he hears the war drums from Dunsinane?
(a) Give him an injection of strength.
(b) Stop giving him reports.
(c) Leave him and find safety.
(d) Attend to his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so surprising to Lady Macbeth about an old man in Act 5, Scene 1?
2. Who is the leader of the army at Dunsinane?
3. What does Malcolm tell the army to do when they reach the castle at Dunsinane?
4. What does Macduff call Macbeth as they fight?
5. Where does the first scene in Act 5 take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hecate planning on harvesting from the moon?
2. Why is Malcolm so afraid for his life in Act 3, Scene 6?
3. What does Macbeth see at the banquet that frightens him beyond measure?
4. In Act 4, Scene 2, what happens to Lady Macduff as she is preparing to join her husband?
5. What is Malcolm trying to hide by using camouflage?
6. Why does Macbeth not want to receive any more reports from the doctor and his attendant in Act 5, Scene 2?
7. What lies does Malcolm tell Macduff as they converse in England?
8. What does the child with the tree branch tell Macbeth when he visits the three witches?
9. What does Macbeth think his enemies will suffer before he is defeated?
10. In Act 4, Scene 2, why is Lady Macduff so frustrated with the flight of her husband?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)