|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are speaking at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) Macduff and his son.
(b) A gentlewoman and a doctor.
(c) Macbeth and his wife.
(d) Angus and Ross.
2. What does Malcolm tell Macduff after they have both fled?
(a) He is filled with anger.
(b) He is filled with confusion.
(c) He is filled with fear.
(d) He is filled with sadness.
3. Where does the first scene in Act 5 take place?
(a) A wood.
(b) Macduff's castle.
(c) An inn.
(d) An anteroom in Macbeth's castle.
4. Why is Macduff's birth so important to the plot?
(a) Macbeth can not be killed by a man born naturally of a woman.
(b) His unique birth gave him strength.
(c) Macduff is related to Macbeth.
(d) Macbeth and Macduff were born the same way.
5. What does Macbeth tell the unexpected visitor to the hall at the beginning of the banquet to do?
(a) Deliver his message.
(b) Take a seat.
(c) Stand outside.
(d) Wash himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the army in Dunsinane trying to hide with their unique camouflage?
2. What does Macbath ask his doctors to do when he hears the war drums from Dunsinane?
3. How many soldiers are in Dunsinane in Act 5, Scene 3?
4. What do the witches plan to harvest from the moon?
5. What has caused Macbeth's fiery rage while the soldiers are all in Dunsinane?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Malcolm trying to hide by using camouflage?
2. What is Hecate planning on harvesting from the moon?
3. Why is Macbeth's army so small in comparison to Malcolm's army?
4. What does the child with the tree branch tell Macbeth when he visits the three witches?
5. Who is the first person Macbeth kills in the battle against Malcolm?
6. What does Macbeth ask Seyton to help him with before the battle begins?
7. What about his new English soldiers is Malcolm most worried about?
8. How does Macduff prove that he has slain Macbeth?
9. What is peculiar about the appearance of the surprise visitor to Macbeth's banquet in Act 3, Scene 4?
10. What is the source of a horrible shrill cry Macbeth hears while preparing for battle in Act 5, Scene 5?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)