|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the soldiers in Dunsinane plan to purge Macbeth of his anger?
(a) Take his wife captive.
(b) Kill the traitors.
(c) Righteous war.
(d) Gentle persuasion.
2. Who is with Lady Macduff in her castle when she hears her husband has fled?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her servants.
(d) Her sister.
3. What does Macduff tell Malcolm to do after they have both fled?
(a) Be strong and take up his sword.
(b) Discard his fear and replace it with courage.
(c) Replace his confusion with understanding and wisdom.
(d) Use his anger to find justice.
4. Where did Banquo receive 20 gashes?
(a) His stomach.
(b) His neck.
(c) His head.
(d) His heart.
5. After the murders of Duncan and Banquo, what do the witches view Macbeth as?
(a) A burgeoning evil.
(b) A wayward son.
(c) A foolhardy man.
(d) An amusing toy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has been happening to Lady Macbeth since Banquo's death?
2. What is Lady Macbeth trying to do while she is sleeping?
3. Why is Malcom afraid to take up the crown?
4. Who is Duncan's heir?
5. Who of the following has NOT fled the country by Act 4, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Angus pledge to purge Macbeth of his bloodlusty sickness?
2. How does Macduff prove that he has slain Macbeth?
3. Who is the main general in Malcolm's army?
4. What does the child with the tree branch tell Macbeth when he visits the three witches?
5. In Act 4, Scene 2, why is Lady Macduff so frustrated with the flight of her husband?
6. What does Malcolm suggest that his soldiers use as camouflage while approaching Macbeth's castle?
7. What is Hecate planning on harvesting from the moon?
8. How does Macbeth feel about his first kill in the battle against Malcolm?
9. What does the bloody child tell Macbeth when Macbeth visits the three witches?
10. What is the source of a horrible shrill cry Macbeth hears while preparing for battle in Act 5, Scene 5?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)