|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the witches plan to harvest from the moon?
(a) Dust of the moon.
(b) A vaporous drop.
(c) Artificial light.
(d) A key to darkness.
2. Who is Duncan's heir?
3. What do the men in Dunsinane use as camouflage?
(a) Branches from trees in the wood.
(b) Armor from Macbeth's army.
(c) Black paint.
4. What is the army in Dunsinane trying to hide with their unique camouflage?
(a) Their numbers.
(b) Their strategy.
(c) Their existence.
(d) The approach.
5. How was Macduff born?
(a) Ripped from his mother's womb.
(b) Stillborn, and then revived.
(c) Born prematurely.
(d) Extracted from his mother's dead corpse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macbeth call his servant who tried to warn him of the encroaching army?
2. What does Macbath ask his doctors to do when he hears the war drums from Dunsinane?
3. Where is the army at Dunsinane from?
4. What are the witches rebuked for the morning after Banquo's murder?
5. Who of the following has NOT fled the country by Act 4, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Malcolm tell lies to Macduff as they converse in England?
2. Where is most of Malcolm's army from?
3. What is Hecate mad at the three witches for?
4. How does Macduff prove that he has slain Macbeth?
5. What is peculiar about the appearance of the surprise visitor to Macbeth's banquet in Act 3, Scene 4?
6. Why is Malcolm so afraid for his life in Act 3, Scene 6?
7. Why does Macbeth not want to receive any more reports from the doctor and his attendant in Act 5, Scene 2?
8. Who is the first person Macbeth kills in the battle against Malcolm?
9. What lies does Malcolm tell Macduff as they converse in England?
10. Why is Macbeth so sure that he will be victorious over Malcolm's army?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)