|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who of the following is NOT in attendance in the hall when the banquet begins in Act 3, Scene 4?
2. What does Macbeth tell the unexpected visitor to the hall at the beginning of the banquet to do?
(a) Take a seat.
(b) Wash himself.
(c) Deliver his message.
(d) Stand outside.
3. In Act 5, Scene 5, what does Macbeth think will happen to his enemies while he is in his castle?
(a) They will starve and suffer with ague.
(b) They will fear him and retreat.
(c) They will get confused and leave.
(d) They will recognize his power and become allies with him.
4. What does Macduff do when he hears his family has been murdered?
(b) Puts together an army of English soldiers.
(c) Swears vengeance on Macbeth.
(d) Puts on mourning apparel.
5. What were the boughs held by the army used for?
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Macduff born?
2. Where did Banquo receive 20 gashes?
3. What is so surprising to Lady Macbeth about an old man in Act 5, Scene 1?
4. Who are speaking at the beginning of Act 5?
5. What does a doctor say Lady Macbeth needs to heal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the first person Macbeth kills in the battle against Malcolm?
2. How does Macbeth feel about his first kill in the battle against Malcolm?
3. Where has Macduff fled to after hearing about Banquo's death?
4. What does the child with the tree branch tell Macbeth when he visits the three witches?
5. What is the source of a horrible shrill cry Macbeth hears while preparing for battle in Act 5, Scene 5?
6. What is Malcolm trying to hide by using camouflage?
7. How was Macduff born?
8. What is peculiar about the appearance of the surprise visitor to Macbeth's banquet in Act 3, Scene 4?
9. What does Malcolm suggest that his soldiers use as camouflage while approaching Macbeth's castle?
10. Who is the main general in Malcolm's army?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)