|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macbeth say he will not do when he sees two angry and armed men approach him in the castle in Act 5, Scene 8?
(a) Lose the battle.
(c) Succumb to fear.
(d) Fall on his sword.
2. What has most of Macbeth's army done while the army in Dunsinane prepares for battle?
(a) Found armor.
(b) Switched sides.
(c) Sent faulty information to the spies.
3. Where is the army at Dunsinane from?
4. What do the witches plan to show Macbeth the morning after Banquo's murder?
(a) His sins.
(b) His destiny.
(c) His future disgrace.
(d) A prophecy of lies.
5. Where did the army get the boughs they are holding?
(a) From Birnam wood.
(b) From trees at the castle.
(c) At Dunsinane.
(d) From the forests near their homes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What brings Siward comfort when he hears of his son's death?
2. What is the army in Dunsinane trying to hide with their unique camouflage?
3. What are the witches rebuked for the morning after Banquo's murder?
4. What do the men in Dunsinane use as camouflage?
5. How does Macbeth hear that Birnam Wood is moving towards the castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Macbeth think his enemies will suffer before he is defeated?
2. What about his new English soldiers is Malcolm most worried about?
3. How does Angus pledge to purge Macbeth of his bloodlusty sickness?
4. In Act 4, Scene 2, what happens to Lady Macduff as she is preparing to join her husband?
5. How was Macduff born?
6. What is peculiar about the appearance of the surprise visitor to Macbeth's banquet in Act 3, Scene 4?
7. Why does Malcolm tell lies to Macduff as they converse in England?
8. Who is the main general in Malcolm's army?
9. How does Macbeth feel about his first kill in the battle against Malcolm?
10. What does Malcolm suggest that his soldiers use as camouflage while approaching Macbeth's castle?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)