|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Malcom afraid to take up the crown?
(a) He has many vices.
(b) He has no knowledge of state affairs.
(c) He fears he will be murdered.
(d) He is too young.
2. What do the soldiers in Dunsinane enter Act 5, Scene 2 with?
(a) Their written strategy.
(b) The body of Duncan.
(c) A war scream.
(d) A drum and colors.
3. Where is the army at Dunsinane from?
4. What is the army in Dunsinane trying to hide with their unique camouflage?
(a) The approach.
(b) Their strategy.
(c) Their numbers.
(d) Their existence.
5. What is the second apparition to appear to Macbeth when he meets with the witches?
(a) An armed head.
(b) A child holding a branch.
(c) The ghost of Duncan.
(d) A bloody child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first apparition to appear to Macbeth when he meets with the witches?
2. Who of the following is NOT in attendance in the hall when the banquet begins in Act 3, Scene 4?
3. What do the witches plan to show Macbeth the morning after Banquo's murder?
4. What does Malcolm tell Macduff after they have both fled?
5. What does a doctor say Lady Macbeth needs to heal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Malcolm so afraid for his life in Act 3, Scene 6?
2. How does Macbeth feel about his first kill in the battle against Malcolm?
3. Why does Malcolm tell lies to Macduff as they converse in England?
4. What is the source of a horrible shrill cry Macbeth hears while preparing for battle in Act 5, Scene 5?
5. What about his new English soldiers is Malcolm most worried about?
6. What does Macbeth see at the banquet that frightens him beyond measure?
7. Why does Macbeth not want to receive any more reports from the doctor and his attendant in Act 5, Scene 2?
8. What is Hecate planning on harvesting from the moon?
9. What does Macbeth think his enemies will suffer before he is defeated?
10. How was Macduff born?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)