|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lennox speak to about Banquo's death?
(b) A lord.
(d) His servants.
2. How does Lady Macbeth die?
(b) Mistaken for a witch by a servant.
(c) Captured by the enemy.
3. Why does Malcolm lie to Macduff about being a lusty man?
(a) He enjoys a good tale.
(b) He wanted to lighten the mood.
(c) He wishes he could be that way.
(d) He is testing Macduff.
4. What brings Siward comfort when he hears of his son's death?
(a) He died quickly and painlessly.
(b) He honored his father.
(c) Macbeth was defeated.
(d) He died nobly.
5. What is Lady Macbeth trying to do while she is sleeping?
(a) Put on her crown.
(b) Kill Duncan.
(c) Wash her hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the witches plan to harvest from the moon?
2. What does Macbeth say he will not do when he sees two angry and armed men approach him in the castle in Act 5, Scene 8?
3. What does Malcolm tell the army to do when they reach the castle at Dunsinane?
4. What are the witches rebuked for the morning after Banquo's murder?
5. How many soldiers are in Dunsinane in Act 5, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Macbeth think his enemies will suffer before he is defeated?
2. In Act 4, Scene 2, what happens to Lady Macduff as she is preparing to join her husband?
3. Who is the first person Macbeth kills in the battle against Malcolm?
4. What is Malcolm trying to hide by using camouflage?
5. Where has Macduff fled to after hearing about Banquo's death?
6. What lies does Malcolm tell Macduff as they converse in England?
7. Why does Malcolm tell lies to Macduff as they converse in England?
8. Why does Macbeth not want to receive any more reports from the doctor and his attendant in Act 5, Scene 2?
9. What does Malcolm suggest that his soldiers use as camouflage while approaching Macbeth's castle?
10. What does Macbeth see at the banquet that frightens him beyond measure?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)