|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many soldiers are in Dunsinane in Act 5, Scene 3?
2. What happens to Macduff's family after he has fled the country?
(a) They flee to join him.
(b) They prepare to go see Macbeth.
(c) They are murdered.
(d) They go into hiding.
3. How does Macbeth feel about his first killing in the battle in Act 5, Scene 7?
4. Why is Macbeth not at all disturbed by the war drums?
(a) He feel protected from his enemies.
(b) He thinks they are fighting for him.
(c) He cannot hear them.
(d) He thinks they are preparing a tribute to him.
5. What is the army in Dunsinane trying to hide with their unique camouflage?
(a) Their strategy.
(b) Their numbers.
(c) Their existence.
(d) The approach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the first apparition warn Macbeth against?
2. Who is the first person killed by Macbeth in the battle at his castle?
3. Where did Banquo receive 20 gashes?
4. What do the witches do at the beginning of Act 4 when they are joined by Hecate?
5. What does Macbeth fear his future will be after finding out the source of the shrill cry in Act 5, Scene 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the bloody child tell Macbeth when Macbeth visits the three witches?
2. What lies does Malcolm tell Macduff as they converse in England?
3. What does the child with the tree branch tell Macbeth when he visits the three witches?
4. Why is Malcolm so afraid for his life in Act 3, Scene 6?
5. Why is Macbeth so sure that he will be victorious over Malcolm's army?
6. Where is most of Malcolm's army from?
7. What about his new English soldiers is Malcolm most worried about?
8. Who is the first person Macbeth kills in the battle against Malcolm?
9. What is Malcolm trying to hide by using camouflage?
10. What is Hecate planning on harvesting from the moon?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)