|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who of the following has NOT fled the country by Act 4, Scene 2?
2. What does Lady Macduff say her husband's flight makes her look like?
(a) A traitor.
(c) The family of a coward.
3. What does Macbeth tell the unexpected visitor to the hall at the beginning of the banquet to do?
(a) Stand outside.
(b) Wash himself.
(c) Take a seat.
(d) Deliver his message.
4. Who do the witches meet with the morning after Banquo's murder?
5. What is the source of the shrill cry Macbeth hears as the army approaches his castle in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) The gate is bombarded.
(b) The doctor is shot with an arrow.
(c) His wife has died.
(d) His servant sees the large numbers of the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has caused Macbeth's fiery rage while the soldiers are all in Dunsinane?
2. What news terrifies Macbeth at his banquet?
3. What does the army at Dunsinane do when they reach the castle?
4. Where did Banquo receive 20 gashes?
5. What were the boughs held by the army used for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hecate mad at the three witches for?
2. Who is the first person Macbeth kills in the battle against Malcolm?
3. What does Malcolm suggest that his soldiers use as camouflage while approaching Macbeth's castle?
4. How was Macduff born?
5. How does Macbeth feel about his first kill in the battle against Malcolm?
6. What about his new English soldiers is Malcolm most worried about?
7. How does Macduff prove that he has slain Macbeth?
8. What is Malcolm trying to hide by using camouflage?
9. Where is most of Malcolm's army from?
10. Where has Macduff fled to after hearing about Banquo's death?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)