|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Macbeth's plan not fulfilled in Banquo's murder?
(a) News spreads of who did it.
(b) Banquo's son escapes.
(c) Banquo wounded his murderer before he died.
(d) Banquo was the wrong man to kill.
2. What is Lady Macbeth assured of after Banquo rides away from the castle in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Banquo will be in attendance that night.
(b) Banquo is completely unaware of their evil plots.
(c) Banquo is in alliance with Macbeth.
(d) Banquo will be killed.
3. Who of the following is NOT found in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Lady Macbeth says she has in her mind after hearing the prophecy of the witches?
(a) A serpent's cunning.
(b) Murderous intentions.
(c) Important plans.
(d) Lavish wishes.
5. Who is sent for to help the wounded sergeant in Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) A surgeon.
(c) Another soldier.
(d) A nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Banquo acknowledge in his soliloquy at the beginning of Act 3?
2. What did Macbeth do to Macdonwald?
3. Who do the witches plan to meet after parting in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What is so surprising about the way Lady Macbeth treats the king when he arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
5. How is the Porter speaking of death when he first appears on stage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hecate planning on harvesting from the moon?
2. Where is most of Malcolm's army from?
3. How does Macduff prove that he has slain Macbeth?
4. How does Macbeth plan to kill Banquo and his son?
5. What does Macbeth think his wife will do when she hears of his devious and secret plan in Act 3, Scene 2?
6. What does Malcolm suggest that his soldiers use as camouflage while approaching Macbeth's castle?
7. After reading her husband's letter in Act 1, Scene 5, what does Lady Macbeth fear Macbeth may be?
8. What causes Macbeth to hesitate in killing Duncan?
9. Who is the main general in Malcolm's army?
10. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)