|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lady Macbeth want to frame for Duncan's murder?
(b) His chamberlains.
(c) A servant.
2. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
(a) Sunny and bright.
(b) Dark and misty.
(c) Lightning and thunder.
(d) Torrential rain.
3. Where is Banquo killed?
(a) At an inn.
(b) Near the palace.
(c) In a forest.
(d) On the road.
4. What did Lennox tell Macbeth about the night of Duncan's murder?
(a) He had never had a more peaceful night in his life.
(b) He felt as if he had been drugged to sleep deep.
(c) He was kept awake by strange noises and lamentations.
(d) He had horrendous dreams.
5. Who does Macbeth hire after Banquo leaves the castle for the day in Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Banquo?
2. How is the Porter speaking of death when he first appears on stage?
3. What does Banquo suffer from on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
4. What does Lady Macbeth plan after hearing about the prophecy from the witches?
5. Who is the chief guest at Macbeth's celebration feast?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 1, what do the witches prophecy for Banquo's future?
2. In Act 1, Scene 4, what title does Duncan bestow upon Malcolm after the battle?
3. What causes Macbeth to hesitate in killing Duncan?
4. Who is framed for Duncan's murder?
5. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
6. What is Banquo's first impression of Macbeth's castle?
7. What does the witch do to punish the sailor's wife who offends her?
8. After reading her husband's letter in Act 1, Scene 5, what does Lady Macbeth fear Macbeth may be?
9. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does Macbeth write to his wife about while he is away at war?
10. What does Lady Macbeth call her husband after he has murdered Duncan?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)