|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lady Macbeth hear about the prophecy of the witches?
(a) Her husband writes a letter about it.
(b) One of the witches comes to tell her.
(c) Duncan tells her about it.
(d) She sees it in a dream.
2. What does Banquo say about Macbeth's castle when he first arrives there?
(a) It is pleasant and inviting.
(b) It is larger than he had anticipated.
(c) It is fit for a king.
(d) It is dark and dreary.
3. Where is the Old Man standing when he first appears on stage?
(a) In his room.
(b) In the forest.
(c) Outside Macbeth's castle.
(d) In a dining hall.
4. What does a voice tell Macbeth he shall do no more after killing Duncan?
5. Which of the following is NOT a strange anomaly seen by the old man?
(a) Horses eating each other.
(b) Darkness at noon day.
(c) Owls flying at noon.
(d) A great falcon being killed by a mousing owl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Duncan give Lady Macbeth in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Who is to be the new Thane of Cawdor?
3. How does Lady Macbeth act when the king arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
5. Where does the sun seem to set at the beginning of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Duncan make the King of Norway do in order to bury his dead?
2. What does Macbeth hear just after murdering Duncan?
3. What does Lady Macbeth call her husband after he has murdered Duncan?
4. What causes Macbeth to hesitate in killing Duncan?
5. What does Banquo wish to speak with Macbeth about late in the night just before Macbeth murders Duncan?
6. What plans does Macbeth hide from his wife in Act 3, Scene 2?
7. What is to be done with the captured Thane of Cawdor in Act 1, Scene 2?
8. How did the Thane of Cawdor die?
9. Who is framed for Duncan's murder?
10. Why are Duncan's sons both considered suspects in Duncan's murder?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)