|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the first witch do to get her revenge on the person who offended her in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Curses the soldier with blindness in his next battle.
(b) Curses the shop with bad produce and merchandice.
(c) Curses the young maiden with warts and boils.
(d) Curses the sailor with lack of sleep and fatigue.
2. Which of these is NOT a guest at Macbeth's castle after the battle?
3. What are the witches anticipating at the beginning of the play?
(a) The assasination of the king.
(b) The death of Macbeth.
(c) To meet their master.
(d) Something to happen on a larger scale.
4. What does Lady Macbeth hear shortly after the deed with Duncan is done in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) An owl shriek.
(b) The chamberlains yelling.
(c) A bell tolling.
(d) The hissing of a cat.
5. Who has sole responsibility for the impending doom of Banquo?
(d) Lady Macbeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lennox tell Macbeth about the night of Duncan's murder?
2. Where does Banquo's killer wait for him?
3. Who owns the victory of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
4. in Act 1, Scene 3, what do the witches tell Macbeth he will become?
5. What do the witches vow to do at the beginning of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 4, what title does Duncan bestow upon Malcolm after the battle?
2. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
3. What does Banquo wish to speak with Macbeth about late in the night just before Macbeth murders Duncan?
4. What causes Macbeth to hesitate in killing Duncan?
5. When do the witches vow to meet again before they part at the beginning of the play?
6. In Act 1, Scnee 6, what does Duncan say helped Macbeth to arrive at his castle so far ahead of himself?
7. How does a sailor's wife offend one of the witches?
8. How does Macbeth plan to kill Banquo and his son?
9. Why are Duncan's sons both considered suspects in Duncan's murder?
10. What does the witch do to punish the sailor's wife who offends her?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)