|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macbeth ask his wife to prepare for him for after he has completed his chore in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A bath.
(b) A drink.
(c) A horse.
(d) A bed.
2. Who escapes the ambush on Banquo in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) His son.
(b) His servants.
(c) His guards.
3. How many witches are there?
4. When do the witches want to meet?
(a) After a mighty battle.
(b) The dawn before Macbeth's death.
(c) Before the sun sets.
(d) At the turn of the year.
5. What does Macbeth say the people would do if Duncan were killed?
(b) Go on with their lives.
(d) Seek justice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is to be the new Thane of Cawdor?
2. Who does Duncan meet as he sets up camp at the beginning of the play?
3. What does Lady Macbeth say she would do before breaking a promise?
4. What does Macbeth say about killing Duncan after Duncan arrives at his castle?
5. Why is Banquo not able to attend the banquet until nightfall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Duncan make the King of Norway do in order to bury his dead?
2. What causes Macbeth to hesitate in killing Duncan?
3. How does a sailor's wife offend one of the witches?
4. In Act 3, Scene 1, what does Macbeth lament that Banquo has taken from him?
5. Who is framed for Duncan's murder?
6. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does Macbeth write to his wife about while he is away at war?
7. What does Duncan reward Lady Macbeth with the evening before his assassination?
8. What does Banquo wish to speak with Macbeth about late in the night just before Macbeth murders Duncan?
9. What is Banquo's first impression of Macbeth's castle?
10. What does Macbeth think his wife will do when she hears of his devious and secret plan in Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)