|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offends the first witch in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) A young maiden.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A shopkeeper.
(d) A sailor's wife.
2. What does Macbeth ask mighty Neptune for help with?
(a) Becoming king.
(b) Killing Duncan.
(c) Washing blood off his hands.
(d) Resisting his wife.
3. What does Banquo acknowledge in his soliloquy at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) His fear of being murdered next.
(b) His grief over Duncan's death.
(c) The truthfulness of the witches' prophecy.
(d) His suspicion of Macbeth.
4. What does Macbeth see in a vision just as he is about to murder the king?
(a) A dagger.
(b) A crown.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A spear.
5. Who of the following is NOT found in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who escapes the ambush on Banquo in Act 3, Scene 3?
2. How is Macbeth's plan not fulfilled in Banquo's murder?
3. How is the first witch offended in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What does Malcolm tell Duncan of the Thane of Cawdor just before the new Thane is named?
5. What kind of land is featured in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Macbeth to hesitate in killing Duncan?
2. What does one of the witches sense in the air in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. After reading her husband's letter in Act 1, Scene 5, what does Lady Macbeth fear Macbeth may be?
4. What does Macbeth hear just after murdering Duncan?
5. How does a sailor's wife offend one of the witches?
6. What is to be done with the captured Thane of Cawdor in Act 1, Scene 2?
7. How does Macbeth plan to kill Banquo and his son?
8. What does Lady Macbeth call her husband after he has murdered Duncan?
9. When do the witches vow to meet again before they part at the beginning of the play?
10. Why are Duncan's sons both considered suspects in Duncan's murder?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)