|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lady Macbeth hear about the prophecy of the witches?
(a) Her husband writes a letter about it.
(b) One of the witches comes to tell her.
(c) She sees it in a dream.
(d) Duncan tells her about it.
2. What does Macbeth say he will have to do if he is caught murdering the king?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Frame his wife.
(c) Fight another war.
(d) Go to prison.
3. Who offends the first witch in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) A sailor's wife.
(b) A young maiden.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A shopkeeper.
4. What is Lady Macbeth's reaction when she is told of the king's death the morning after?
(a) She acts shocked.
(b) She pretends to cry.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She faints.
5. Which of the following is NOT a strange anomaly seen by the old man?
(a) Horses eating each other.
(b) Darkness at noon day.
(c) A great falcon being killed by a mousing owl.
(d) Owls flying at noon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Donalbain go after Duncan's death?
2. What does Banquo wish to speak with Macbeth about on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
3. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
4. What does Macbeth say about killing Duncan after Duncan arrives at his castle?
5. Where does the sun seem to set at the beginning of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does Macbeth write to his wife about while he is away at war?
2. When do the witches vow to meet again before they part at the beginning of the play?
3. What does Macbeth hear just after murdering Duncan?
4. Who is framed for Duncan's murder?
5. What does Lady Macbeth call her husband after he has murdered Duncan?
6. What does Macbeth think his wife will do when she hears of his devious and secret plan in Act 3, Scene 2?
7. What does Ross speak with an old man about the morning after Duncan's assassination?
8. How does a sailor's wife offend one of the witches?
9. After reading her husband's letter in Act 1, Scene 5, what does Lady Macbeth fear Macbeth may be?
10. In the first scene of the play, who else do the witches say they will meet with when they next meet?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)