|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
(a) He is too overcome with emotion.
(b) He faints from loss of blood.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He dies.
2. What did Macbeth do to Macdonwald?
(a) Stabbed him in the heart.
(b) Poisoned him.
(c) Ripped him in half with his sword.
(d) Cut off his head.
3. How old is the Old Man?
4. Who does Macduff think is responsible for killing Duncan?
(a) The chamberlains.
5. Who of the following is NOT found in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a strange anomaly seen by the old man?
2. Who is the chief guest at Macbeth's celebration feast?
3. What does Lady Macbeth tell her husband to do in front of the king when he comes to their home?
4. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
5. Who is the hero of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the first person Macbeth kills in the battle against Malcolm?
2. What does the bloody child tell Macbeth when Macbeth visits the three witches?
3. In Act 1, Scnee 6, what does Duncan say helped Macbeth to arrive at his castle so far ahead of himself?
4. What is to be done with the captured Thane of Cawdor in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What about his new English soldiers is Malcolm most worried about?
6. What does Macbeth think his enemies will suffer before he is defeated?
7. What does the child with the tree branch tell Macbeth when he visits the three witches?
8. In Act 4, Scene 2, what happens to Lady Macduff as she is preparing to join her husband?
9. What does Lady Macbeth call her husband after he has murdered Duncan?
10. What is Banquo's first impression of Macbeth's castle?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)