|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is to be the new Thane of Cawdor?
2. Where does Duncan decide to camp at the beginning of the play?
3. in Act 1, Scene 3, what do the witches tell Macbeth he will become?
(a) The Thane of Cawdor.
(b) The king of England.
(c) A rich duke.
(d) The leader of the army.
4. What does Macbeth feel that Banquo has stripped him of?
(a) His lineage.
(b) His regal nature.
(c) His pride.
(d) His victory in battle.
5. Who offends the first witch in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A sailor's wife.
(c) A shopkeeper.
(d) A young maiden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person to see the king dead?
2. Who has sole responsibility for the impending doom of Banquo?
3. What does Banquo suffer from on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
4. What does the person who escaped the ambush on Banquo in Act 3, Scene 3 do?
5. How old is the Old Man?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Macbeth want Banquo and his son killed?
2. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does Macbeth write to his wife about while he is away at war?
3. What does Macbeth think his wife will do when she hears of his devious and secret plan in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. What does Duncan make the King of Norway do in order to bury his dead?
5. Why are Duncan's sons both considered suspects in Duncan's murder?
6. In Act 1, Scnee 6, what does Duncan say helped Macbeth to arrive at his castle so far ahead of himself?
7. In Act 3, Scene 1, what do the witches prophecy for Banquo's future?
8. In the first scene of the play, who else do the witches say they will meet with when they next meet?
9. Who does Duncan say will replace the Thane of Cawdor in his position?
10. What is Banquo's first impression of Macbeth's castle?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)