|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
2. What does Macbeth ask mighty Neptune for help with?
(a) Washing blood off his hands.
(b) Becoming king.
(c) Killing Duncan.
(d) Resisting his wife.
3. How does Lady Macbeth hear about the prophecy of the witches?
(a) Duncan tells her about it.
(b) Her husband writes a letter about it.
(c) One of the witches comes to tell her.
(d) She sees it in a dream.
4. How is the Porter speaking of death when he first appears on stage?
(a) He is weeping about dead relatives of his.
(b) He is telling knock-knock jokes about death.
(c) He is delivering a serious sermon.
(d) He is whispering strange tales of ghosts and demons.
5. What does Lady Macbeth say she would do before breaking a promise?
(a) Go mad.
(b) Kill herself.
(c) Kill her husband.
(d) Kill her own child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gave Lady Macbeth the courage to continue with her plot in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Who does Lady Macbeth want to frame for Duncan's murder?
3. What does the first witch do to get her revenge on the person who offended her in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. Who is assisting the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
5. What does Duncan give Lady Macbeth in Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Macbeth plan to kill Banquo and his son?
2. What does Lady Macbeth do in order to allow for Macbeth to have safe passage past Duncan's chamberlains in Act 1, Scene 7?
3. In Act 3, Scene 1, what do the witches prophecy for Banquo's future?
4. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does Macbeth write to his wife about while he is away at war?
5. In Act 3, Scene 1, what does Macbeth lament that Banquo has taken from him?
6. What is the Porter doing just after Duncan is assassinated?
7. What does the witch do to punish the sailor's wife who offends her?
8. How did the rebel Macdonwald die?
9. What does Macbeth think his wife will do when she hears of his devious and secret plan in Act 3, Scene 2?
10. What does one of the witches sense in the air in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)