|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many witches are there?
2. Who does Duncan meet as he sets up camp at the beginning of the play?
(b) One of the witches.
(c) A wounded soldier.
(d) A messenger.
3. How does Lady Macbeth hear about the prophecy of the witches?
(a) One of the witches comes to tell her.
(b) Duncan tells her about it.
(c) Her husband writes a letter about it.
(d) She sees it in a dream.
4. What does a voice tell Macbeth he shall do no more after killing Duncan?
5. What does Malcolm tell Duncan of the Thane of Cawdor just before the new Thane is named?
(a) He died with dignity.
(b) He is still dangerous even in death.
(c) His men still honor him.
(d) He ran like a dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the sun seem to set at the beginning of the play?
2. What does Banquo wish to speak with Macbeth about on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
3. What does Duncan say gave Macbeth speed after the battle?
4. What does Macbeth feel that Banquo has stripped him of?
5. What does Macbeth think his wife will do after she hears of Banquo's murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Macbeth think his wife will do when she hears of his devious and secret plan in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. What does Duncan make the King of Norway do in order to bury his dead?
3. What does Ross speak with an old man about the morning after Duncan's assassination?
4. Who does Duncan say will replace the Thane of Cawdor in his position?
5. What causes Macbeth to hesitate in killing Duncan?
6. How does Macbeth plan to kill Banquo and his son?
7. What plans does Macbeth hide from his wife in Act 3, Scene 2?
8. Why are Duncan's sons both considered suspects in Duncan's murder?
9. In Act 1, Scnee 6, what does Duncan say helped Macbeth to arrive at his castle so far ahead of himself?
10. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does Macbeth write to his wife about while he is away at war?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)