|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Macbeth plan after hearing about the prophecy from the witches?
(a) The murder of the king.
(b) New legislation.
(c) A list of enemies.
(d) A feast.
2. What happens to the original Thane of Cawdor?
(a) He is to be executed.
(b) He commits suicide rather than be taken prisoner.
(c) He flees the country.
(d) He is killed in battle.
3. What does Duncan give Lady Macbeth in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A diamond.
(b) A ration of strong wine.
(c) A title.
(d) A kiss.
4. Who do the witches plan to meet after parting in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. How are Malcolm and Duncan related?
(a) Malcolm is Duncan's nephew.
(b) Malcom is Duncan's son.
(c) Duncan is Malcolm's son.
(d) Malcolm and Duncan are cousins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Macbeth hire after Banquo leaves the castle for the day in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What do the witches vow to do at the beginning of the play?
3. Where is Banquo killed?
4. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
5. How does Banquo know that Macbeth will not remain king?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Macbeth think his enemies will suffer before he is defeated?
2. Why are Duncan's sons both considered suspects in Duncan's murder?
3. What does Banquo wish to speak with Macbeth about late in the night just before Macbeth murders Duncan?
4. When do the witches vow to meet again before they part at the beginning of the play?
5. What does Macbeth see at the banquet that frightens him beyond measure?
6. In Act 4, Scene 2, why is Lady Macduff so frustrated with the flight of her husband?
7. What plans does Macbeth hide from his wife in Act 3, Scene 2?
8. What is peculiar about the appearance of the surprise visitor to Macbeth's banquet in Act 3, Scene 4?
9. Where is most of Malcolm's army from?
10. What does Macbeth hear just after murdering Duncan?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)