|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macbeth say the people would do if Duncan were killed?
(a) Go on with their lives.
(b) Seek justice.
2. What gave Lady Macbeth the courage to continue with her plot in Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) Words from her husband.
(d) A picture of a queen.
3. Who is the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
4. What did Macbeth do to Macdonwald?
(a) Cut off his head.
(b) Stabbed him in the heart.
(c) Poisoned him.
(d) Ripped him in half with his sword.
5. Who offends the first witch in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) A young maiden.
(b) A sailor's wife.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A shopkeeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the victory of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
2. How does Macbeth refer to his wife after she hears about the prophecy from the witches?
3. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
4. How does Lady Macbeth act when the king arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
5. How is Macbeth's plan not fulfilled in Banquo's murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Macbeth think his wife will do when she hears of his devious and secret plan in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. What does the child with the tree branch tell Macbeth when he visits the three witches?
3. In Act 3, Scene 1, what do the witches prophecy for Banquo's future?
4. What does Banquo wish to speak with Macbeth about late in the night just before Macbeth murders Duncan?
5. In Act 3, Scene 1, what does Macbeth lament that Banquo has taken from him?
6. What does the bloody child tell Macbeth when Macbeth visits the three witches?
7. What does Ross speak with an old man about the morning after Duncan's assassination?
8. How was Macduff born?
9. What does Macbeth see at the banquet that frightens him beyond measure?
10. Why is Malcolm so afraid for his life in Act 3, Scene 6?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)