|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macbeth think his wife will do after she hears of Banquo's murder?
2. What do the witches sense in the air in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Something murky.
(b) Something unexpected.
(c) Something hopeful.
(d) Something astonishing.
3. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
(a) A murderous heart.
(b) Ambitions unto death.
(c) Black and deep desires.
(d) Deep and dark secrets.
4. What did Lennox tell Macbeth about the night of Duncan's murder?
(a) He was kept awake by strange noises and lamentations.
(b) He felt as if he had been drugged to sleep deep.
(c) He had never had a more peaceful night in his life.
(d) He had horrendous dreams.
5. Who does Banquo think killed Duncan?
(d) Lady Macbeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Banquo killed?
2. Who do the witches plan to meet after parting in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does Lady Macbeth say she would do before breaking a promise?
4. What does Banquo suffer from on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
5. What is so surprising about the way Lady Macbeth treats the king when he arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Macbeth plan to kill Banquo and his son?
2. What is to be done with the captured Thane of Cawdor in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Why are Duncan's sons both considered suspects in Duncan's murder?
4. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does Macbeth write to his wife about while he is away at war?
5. What is Banquo's first impression of Macbeth's castle?
6. In Act 3, Scene 1, what do the witches prophecy for Banquo's future?
7. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
8. What does Macbeth hear just after murdering Duncan?
9. What does one of the witches sense in the air in Act 1, Scene 1?
10. What does Banquo wish to speak with Macbeth about late in the night just before Macbeth murders Duncan?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)