|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Banquo and Fleance related?
(a) Fleance is Banquo's father.
(b) Fleance and Banquo are brothers.
(c) Banquo is Fleance's uncle.
(d) Banquo is Fleance's father.
2. What is Lady Macbeth's reaction when she is told of the king's death the morning after?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She faints.
(c) She acts shocked.
(d) She pretends to cry.
3. Who of the following is NOT found in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Who owns the victory of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
(c) The Thane of Cawdor.
(d) The Norwegian King.
5. What news does Macbeth choose to not tell his wife after Banquo rides away from the castle in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Banquo is coming to the banquet.
(b) He has a plan to kill Banquo.
(c) Banquo is in alliance with them.
(d) Banquo is unaware of their evil plots thus far.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Banquo acknowledge in his soliloquy at the beginning of Act 3?
2. What does Lady Macbeth plan after hearing about the prophecy from the witches?
3. What are the witches anticipating at the beginning of the play?
4. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
5. Why is Banquo not able to attend the banquet until nightfall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Banquo wish to speak with Macbeth about late in the night just before Macbeth murders Duncan?
2. Who does Duncan say will replace the Thane of Cawdor in his position?
3. Who is framed for Duncan's murder?
4. What does Ross speak with an old man about the morning after Duncan's assassination?
5. What is to be done with the captured Thane of Cawdor in Act 1, Scene 2?
6. How does a sailor's wife offend one of the witches?
7. In Act 1, Scene 4, what title does Duncan bestow upon Malcolm after the battle?
8. What does Duncan reward Lady Macbeth with the evening before his assassination?
9. How does Macbeth plan to kill Banquo and his son?
10. In Act 3, Scene 1, what does Macbeth lament that Banquo has taken from him?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)