|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macbeth ask his wife to prepare for him for after he has completed his chore in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A horse.
(b) A bed.
(c) A bath.
(d) A drink.
2. What must the loser of the battle between Scotland and it's enemy do in order to bury their dead men?
(a) Beg for mercy.
(b) Pay a tribute.
(c) Release their prisoners.
(d) Steal the bodies in the night.
3. Where does Donalbain go after Duncan's death?
4. Where do the witches go after Scotland's battle is over?
(a) A cave.
(b) A heath.
(c) The sea shore.
(d) The desert.
5. How is Macbeth's plan not fulfilled in Banquo's murder?
(a) Banquo's son escapes.
(b) Banquo was the wrong man to kill.
(c) Banquo wounded his murderer before he died.
(d) News spreads of who did it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What title is Malcolm given after the battle is over?
2. Who are the first characters to appear in this play?
3. What did Lennox tell Macbeth about the night of Duncan's murder?
4. What kind of land is featured in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Duncan make the King of Norway do in order to bury his dead?
2. What does Banquo wish to speak with Macbeth about late in the night just before Macbeth murders Duncan?
3. In Act 3, Scene 1, what does Macbeth lament that Banquo has taken from him?
4. What does Duncan reward Lady Macbeth with the evening before his assassination?
5. How does a sailor's wife offend one of the witches?
6. What does Lady Macbeth do in order to allow for Macbeth to have safe passage past Duncan's chamberlains in Act 1, Scene 7?
7. What causes Macbeth to hesitate in killing Duncan?
8. What is the Porter doing just after Duncan is assassinated?
9. What is to be done with the captured Thane of Cawdor in Act 1, Scene 2?
10. Who is framed for Duncan's murder?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)