|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of land is featured in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. How are Malcolm and Duncan related?
(a) Duncan is Malcolm's son.
(b) Malcolm and Duncan are cousins.
(c) Malcolm is Duncan's nephew.
(d) Malcom is Duncan's son.
3. What is so surprising about the way Lady Macbeth treats the king when he arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) It appears she has changed her mind.
(b) She did not seem nervous before.
(c) She is planning his murder.
(d) She should be grateful to him.
4. Who is to be the new Thane of Cawdor?
5. What must the loser of the battle between Scotland and it's enemy do in order to bury their dead men?
(a) Steal the bodies in the night.
(b) Release their prisoners.
(c) Pay a tribute.
(d) Beg for mercy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Macbeth tell her husband to do in front of the king when he comes to their home?
2. Who owns the victory of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
3. Where does Duncan decide to camp at the beginning of the play?
4. What does Lady Macbeth say she would do before breaking a promise?
5. Who does Banquo think killed Duncan?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 4, what title does Duncan bestow upon Malcolm after the battle?
2. Who does Duncan say will replace the Thane of Cawdor in his position?
3. What does Banquo wish to speak with Macbeth about late in the night just before Macbeth murders Duncan?
4. What does Duncan reward Lady Macbeth with the evening before his assassination?
5. What plans does Macbeth hide from his wife in Act 3, Scene 2?
6. Where is most of Malcolm's army from?
7. In Act 1, Scnee 6, what does Duncan say helped Macbeth to arrive at his castle so far ahead of himself?
8. What is to be done with the captured Thane of Cawdor in Act 1, Scene 2?
9. Why is Macbeth so sure that he will be victorious over Malcolm's army?
10. How does a sailor's wife offend one of the witches?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)