|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a voice tell Macbeth he shall do no more after killing Duncan?
2. How many witches are there?
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
(a) He faints from loss of blood.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) He dies.
(d) He is too overcome with emotion.
4. How does Macbeth refer to his wife after she hears about the prophecy from the witches?
(a) His sweet queen to be.
(b) His bearer of future sons.
(c) His dearest partner in greatness.
(d) His motivation for success.
5. What did Lennox tell Macbeth about the night of Duncan's murder?
(a) He was kept awake by strange noises and lamentations.
(b) He felt as if he had been drugged to sleep deep.
(c) He had never had a more peaceful night in his life.
(d) He had horrendous dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Macbeth choose to not tell his wife after Banquo rides away from the castle in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. What must the loser of the battle between Scotland and it's enemy do in order to bury their dead men?
3. What does Lady Macbeth tell her husband to do in front of the king when he comes to their home?
4. What does Macbeth ask his wife to prepare for him for after he has completed his chore in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Where is the Old Man standing when he first appears on stage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does a sailor's wife offend one of the witches?
2. What does the witch do to punish the sailor's wife who offends her?
3. What does Macbeth hear just after murdering Duncan?
4. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does Macbeth write to his wife about while he is away at war?
5. In Act 3, Scene 1, what does Macbeth lament that Banquo has taken from him?
6. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
7. When do the witches vow to meet again before they part at the beginning of the play?
8. What does Duncan reward Lady Macbeth with the evening before his assassination?
9. Why does Macbeth want Banquo and his son killed?
10. How did the rebel Macdonwald die?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)