|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Macbeth plotting to kill Banquo at all?
(a) A passing reference to his belief in Macbeth murdering Duncan.
(b) His disloyal heart.
(c) The prophecy of Banquo's sons becoming kings.
(d) His knowledge of his crimes.
2. What does Macbeth feel that Banquo has stripped him of?
(a) His victory in battle.
(b) His pride.
(c) His regal nature.
(d) His lineage.
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
(a) He is too overcome with emotion.
(b) He dies.
(c) He faints from loss of blood.
(d) He falls asleep.
4. Who has sole responsibility for the impending doom of Banquo?
(c) Lady Macbeth.
5. How does Banquo know that Macbeth will not remain king?
(a) Macbeth is sick.
(b) Banquo's sons were prophecied to be kings.
(c) He had a dream of Macbeth's assassination.
(d) He thinks Macbeth will step down when he sees how hard it is to be king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Banquo say about Macbeth's castle when he first arrives there?
2. What does a voice tell Macbeth he shall do no more after killing Duncan?
3. Who is the chief guest at Macbeth's celebration feast?
4. Where does Duncan decide to camp at the beginning of the play?
5. Where does Donalbain go after Duncan's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lady Macbeth call her husband after he has murdered Duncan?
2. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does Macbeth write to his wife about while he is away at war?
3. What is the Porter doing just after Duncan is assassinated?
4. Why does Macbeth want Banquo and his son killed?
5. What does Lady Macbeth do in order to allow for Macbeth to have safe passage past Duncan's chamberlains in Act 1, Scene 7?
6. Who does Duncan say will replace the Thane of Cawdor in his position?
7. What does Banquo wish to speak with Macbeth about late in the night just before Macbeth murders Duncan?
8. How does a sailor's wife offend one of the witches?
9. What does Ross speak with an old man about the morning after Duncan's assassination?
10. How did the rebel Macdonwald die?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)