|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who of the following is NOT found in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does Lady Macbeth say she would do before breaking a promise?
(a) Kill herself.
(b) Kill her own child.
(c) Go mad.
(d) Kill her husband.
3. How does Lady Macbeth hear about the prophecy of the witches?
(a) She sees it in a dream.
(b) One of the witches comes to tell her.
(c) Duncan tells her about it.
(d) Her husband writes a letter about it.
4. What does Malcolm tell Duncan of the Thane of Cawdor just before the new Thane is named?
(a) He died with dignity.
(b) He is still dangerous even in death.
(c) He ran like a dog.
(d) His men still honor him.
5. How are Malcolm and Duncan related?
(a) Malcolm and Duncan are cousins.
(b) Duncan is Malcolm's son.
(c) Malcom is Duncan's son.
(d) Malcolm is Duncan's nephew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lady Macbeth assured of after Banquo rides away from the castle in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. Why is Banquo not able to attend the banquet until nightfall?
3. What does Macbeth say about killing Duncan after Duncan arrives at his castle?
4. What does Banquo say about Macbeth's castle when he first arrives there?
5. Where does Banquo's killer wait for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Malcolm so afraid for his life in Act 3, Scene 6?
2. How does Macbeth plan to kill Banquo and his son?
3. What is peculiar about the appearance of the surprise visitor to Macbeth's banquet in Act 3, Scene 4?
4. In Act 1, Scene 4, what title does Duncan bestow upon Malcolm after the battle?
5. Who does Duncan say will replace the Thane of Cawdor in his position?
6. What plans does Macbeth hide from his wife in Act 3, Scene 2?
7. What about his new English soldiers is Malcolm most worried about?
8. Why does Macbeth not want to receive any more reports from the doctor and his attendant in Act 5, Scene 2?
9. Why is Macbeth so sure that he will be victorious over Malcolm's army?
10. What does Duncan make the King of Norway do in order to bury his dead?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)