|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the witches go after Scotland's battle is over?
(a) A heath.
(b) The sea shore.
(c) A cave.
(d) The desert.
2. What title is Malcolm given after the battle is over?
(a) Prince of Cumberland.
(b) Duke of Greenwich.
(c) Thane of Cawdor.
(d) King of Scotland.
3. What is Macbeth's first reaction to the witches?
(a) Surprised and disgusted.
(b) Amazed and terrified.
(c) Impatient and worried.
(d) Skeptical and unbelieving.
4. What does Macbeth ask his wife to prepare for him for after he has completed his chore in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A bed.
(b) A bath.
(c) A horse.
(d) A drink.
5. What does Banquo acknowledge in his soliloquy at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) His suspicion of Macbeth.
(b) His grief over Duncan's death.
(c) His fear of being murdered next.
(d) The truthfulness of the witches' prophecy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is speaking with the Old Man when he first appears on stage?
2. How is the Porter speaking of death when he first appears on stage?
3. Where does Banquo's killer wait for him?
4. What does a voice tell Macbeth he shall do no more after killing Duncan?
5. What did Lennox tell Macbeth about the night of Duncan's murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does a sailor's wife offend one of the witches?
2. Why are Duncan's sons both considered suspects in Duncan's murder?
3. What does Ross speak with an old man about the morning after Duncan's assassination?
4. In Act 1, Scene 4, what title does Duncan bestow upon Malcolm after the battle?
5. What does Duncan make the King of Norway do in order to bury his dead?
6. In Act 1, Scnee 6, what does Duncan say helped Macbeth to arrive at his castle so far ahead of himself?
7. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does Macbeth write to his wife about while he is away at war?
8. What causes Macbeth to hesitate in killing Duncan?
9. What does Macbeth think his wife will do when she hears of his devious and secret plan in Act 3, Scene 2?
10. What is Banquo's first impression of Macbeth's castle?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)