|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
(a) Torrential rain.
(b) Sunny and bright.
(c) Dark and misty.
(d) Lightning and thunder.
2. Who is the first person to see the king dead?
(b) Lady Macbeth.
3. What does a voice tell Macbeth he shall do no more after killing Duncan?
4. Who is sent for to help the wounded sergeant in Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) A surgeon.
(c) A nurse.
(d) Another soldier.
5. What does Banquo acknowledge in his soliloquy at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) The truthfulness of the witches' prophecy.
(b) His grief over Duncan's death.
(c) His suspicion of Macbeth.
(d) His fear of being murdered next.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the Old Man?
2. What does the person who escaped the ambush on Banquo in Act 3, Scene 3 do?
3. What does Banquo wish to speak with Macbeth about on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
4. What does Macbeth see in a vision just as he is about to murder the king?
5. Why is Macbeth plotting to kill Banquo at all?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Macbeth to hesitate in killing Duncan?
2. What is to be done with the captured Thane of Cawdor in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Who is framed for Duncan's murder?
4. Why does Macbeth want Banquo and his son killed?
5. What does Lady Macbeth do in order to allow for Macbeth to have safe passage past Duncan's chamberlains in Act 1, Scene 7?
6. What plans does Macbeth hide from his wife in Act 3, Scene 2?
7. How did the rebel Macdonwald die?
8. In Act 1, Scnee 6, what does Duncan say helped Macbeth to arrive at his castle so far ahead of himself?
9. What does the witch do to punish the sailor's wife who offends her?
10. In Act 3, Scene 1, what does Macbeth lament that Banquo has taken from him?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)