|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who escapes the ambush on Banquo in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) His servants.
(c) His son.
(d) His guards.
2. Who is the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
3. What color does Macbeth say he shall make the green sea?
4. What does Duncan give Lady Macbeth in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A title.
(b) A ration of strong wine.
(c) A kiss.
(d) A diamond.
5. What does Macbeth ask mighty Neptune for help with?
(a) Washing blood off his hands.
(b) Becoming king.
(c) Killing Duncan.
(d) Resisting his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is speaking with the Old Man when he first appears on stage?
2. How are Malcolm and Duncan related?
3. Who is sent for to help the wounded sergeant in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. How does Banquo know that Macbeth will not remain king?
5. What do the witches say are their greatest pleasure in life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
2. In Act 1, Scene 4, what title does Duncan bestow upon Malcolm after the battle?
3. What does Lady Macbeth do in order to allow for Macbeth to have safe passage past Duncan's chamberlains in Act 1, Scene 7?
4. What causes Macbeth to hesitate in killing Duncan?
5. What does Macbeth think his wife will do when she hears of his devious and secret plan in Act 3, Scene 2?
6. In Act 1, Scnee 6, what does Duncan say helped Macbeth to arrive at his castle so far ahead of himself?
7. What does Duncan reward Lady Macbeth with the evening before his assassination?
8. What does Banquo wish to speak with Macbeth about late in the night just before Macbeth murders Duncan?
9. How did the rebel Macdonwald die?
10. What is Banquo's first impression of Macbeth's castle?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)