|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Banquo suffer from on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
(a) Horrible dreams.
(b) A terrible rash.
(c) Bad thoughts.
(d) Flashes of hot and cold.
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
(a) He dies.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) He is too overcome with emotion.
(d) He faints from loss of blood.
3. Where is Macbeth's castle?
4. Who do the witches plan to meet after parting in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What happens to the original Thane of Cawdor?
(a) He is killed in battle.
(b) He is to be executed.
(c) He flees the country.
(d) He commits suicide rather than be taken prisoner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macbeth say the people would do if Duncan were killed?
2. How is the Porter speaking of death when he first appears on stage?
3. What does Duncan give Lady Macbeth in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What are the witches anticipating at the beginning of the play?
5. What does Macbeth think his wife will do after she hears of Banquo's murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lady Macbeth call her husband after he has murdered Duncan?
2. How does Macbeth plan to kill Banquo and his son?
3. What does Lady Macbeth do in order to allow for Macbeth to have safe passage past Duncan's chamberlains in Act 1, Scene 7?
4. What does Ross speak with an old man about the morning after Duncan's assassination?
5. What does the witch do to punish the sailor's wife who offends her?
6. In Act 3, Scene 1, what do the witches prophecy for Banquo's future?
7. Who is framed for Duncan's murder?
8. What is to be done with the captured Thane of Cawdor in Act 1, Scene 2?
9. When do the witches vow to meet again before they part at the beginning of the play?
10. How does a sailor's wife offend one of the witches?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)