|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Macbeth plan after hearing about the prophecy from the witches?
(a) A list of enemies.
(b) The murder of the king.
(c) A feast.
(d) New legislation.
2. Why is Macbeth plotting to kill Banquo at all?
(a) The prophecy of Banquo's sons becoming kings.
(b) His knowledge of his crimes.
(c) His disloyal heart.
(d) A passing reference to his belief in Macbeth murdering Duncan.
3. What does Macbeth ask mighty Neptune for help with?
(a) Becoming king.
(b) Washing blood off his hands.
(c) Killing Duncan.
(d) Resisting his wife.
4. Who is the hero of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
(a) The Thane of Cawdor.
5. Who is to be the new Thane of Cawdor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Macbeth choose to not tell his wife after Banquo rides away from the castle in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. How does Macbeth refer to his wife after she hears about the prophecy from the witches?
3. Who offends the first witch in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What does Duncan give Lady Macbeth in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Banquo's first impression of Macbeth's castle?
2. What is to be done with the captured Thane of Cawdor in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
4. What does Lady Macbeth call her husband after he has murdered Duncan?
5. What does Duncan reward Lady Macbeth with the evening before his assassination?
6. In Act 3, Scene 1, what does Macbeth lament that Banquo has taken from him?
7. In the first scene of the play, who else do the witches say they will meet with when they next meet?
8. In Act 1, Scene 4, what title does Duncan bestow upon Malcolm after the battle?
9. What does Macbeth think his wife will do when she hears of his devious and secret plan in Act 3, Scene 2?
10. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does Macbeth write to his wife about while he is away at war?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)