|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the witches plan to meet after parting in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Who are the first characters to appear in this play?
(b) Macbeth and Duncan.
(d) Three Witches.
3. How does Lady Macbeth hear about the prophecy of the witches?
(a) One of the witches comes to tell her.
(b) Duncan tells her about it.
(c) Her husband writes a letter about it.
(d) She sees it in a dream.
4. Who is the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
5. What kind of land is featured in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Macduff think is responsible for killing Duncan?
2. What does Lady Macbeth give the chamberlains to make them sleep?
3. What does Banquo suffer from on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
4. Where does Banquo's killer wait for him?
5. What news does Macbeth choose to not tell his wife after Banquo rides away from the castle in Act 3, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lady Macbeth do in order to allow for Macbeth to have safe passage past Duncan's chamberlains in Act 1, Scene 7?
2. Who does Duncan say will replace the Thane of Cawdor in his position?
3. What causes Macbeth to hesitate in killing Duncan?
4. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does Macbeth write to his wife about while he is away at war?
5. Why does Macbeth want Banquo and his son killed?
6. What does Duncan reward Lady Macbeth with the evening before his assassination?
7. What does Duncan make the King of Norway do in order to bury his dead?
8. What is the Porter doing just after Duncan is assassinated?
9. In Act 1, Scene 4, what title does Duncan bestow upon Malcolm after the battle?
10. What plans does Macbeth hide from his wife in Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)