|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Banquo know that Macbeth will not remain king?
(a) Macbeth is sick.
(b) He thinks Macbeth will step down when he sees how hard it is to be king.
(c) He had a dream of Macbeth's assassination.
(d) Banquo's sons were prophecied to be kings.
2. What happens to the original Thane of Cawdor?
(a) He flees the country.
(b) He is killed in battle.
(c) He commits suicide rather than be taken prisoner.
(d) He is to be executed.
3. What is Lady Macbeth's reaction when she is told of the king's death the morning after?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She faints.
(c) She acts shocked.
(d) She pretends to cry.
4. What does a voice tell Macbeth he shall do no more after killing Duncan?
5. Who is the first to greet Duncan at Macbeth's castle?
(b) A servant.
(c) Lady Macbeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lady Macbeth act when the king arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
2. What are the witches anticipating at the beginning of the play?
3. What does Lady Macbeth say she would do before breaking a promise?
4. How is Macbeth's plan not fulfilled in Banquo's murder?
5. What do the witches sense in the air in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Duncan's sons both considered suspects in Duncan's murder?
2. In Act 1, Scene 4, what title does Duncan bestow upon Malcolm after the battle?
3. How did the Thane of Cawdor die?
4. Who is framed for Duncan's murder?
5. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
6. Why does Macbeth want Banquo and his son killed?
7. When do the witches vow to meet again before they part at the beginning of the play?
8. How does a sailor's wife offend one of the witches?
9. How did the rebel Macdonwald die?
10. What plans does Macbeth hide from his wife in Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)