|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men in Dunsinane use as camouflage?
(b) Armor from Macbeth's army.
(c) Black paint.
(d) Branches from trees in the wood.
2. What does Macbeth decide he must do when he sees the army at his castle in Act 5, Scene 7?
(b) Make a stand.
(c) Make a truce.
3. What do the witches plan to show Macbeth the morning after Banquo's murder?
(a) A prophecy of lies.
(b) His sins.
(c) His future disgrace.
(d) His destiny.
4. What is the third apparition to appear to Macbeth when he meets with the witches?
(a) A bloody child.
(b) An armed head.
(c) A child holding a branch.
(d) The ghost of Duncan.
5. How does Macbeth feel about what his army has done while the army in Dunsinane prepares for battle?
(a) He cares not at all.
(b) He is angered.
(c) He is still confident that he will win.
(d) He is proud of their cunning.
6. Who is the leader of the army at Dunsinane?
(d) General Siward.
7. What has most of Macbeth's army done while the army in Dunsinane prepares for battle?
(a) Sent faulty information to the spies.
(b) Found armor.
(d) Switched sides.
8. What does Macduff do when summoned by Macbeth in Act 3, Scene 6?
(a) Threatens his life.
(b) Challenges him to a duel.
(c) Refuses to come.
(d) Pretends to not hear.
9. How do the soldiers in Dunsinane plan to purge Macbeth of his anger?
(a) Gentle persuasion.
(b) Kill the traitors.
(c) Take his wife captive.
(d) Righteous war.
10. What are the witches doing at the beginning of Act 4?
(d) Stirring things in their cauldron.
11. Where did Banquo receive 20 gashes?
(a) His neck.
(b) His stomach.
(c) His heart.
(d) His head.
12. Who wants to take revenge personally on Macbeth during the battle at the castle?
(c) General Siward.
13. Where does Macduff go after Banquo's murder?
14. What does Macbeth fear his future will be after finding out the source of the shrill cry in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) Sadness and sorrow.
(b) Great glory.
(c) Reigning and ruling.
(d) Dusty death.
15. What do the witches plan to harvest from the moon?
(a) A key to darkness.
(b) Artificial light.
(c) Dust of the moon.
(d) A vaporous drop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macduff's son compare himself to when he hears that his father has fled?
2. What does Macduff tell Malcolm to do after they have both fled?
3. In Act 4, Scene 3, what does Macduff promise Malcolm he is not?
4. What is the one thing that will frighten Macbeth?
5. What were the boughs held by the army used for?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)