|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the boughs held by the army used for?
2. Who is helping Macduff when he flees after Banquo's murder?
3. What do the witches do at the beginning of Act 4 when they are joined by Hecate?
(a) Dance and sing.
(c) Go to sleep.
(d) Begin stirring things in their cauldron.
4. What is Macduff doing as he flees after Banquo's death?
(a) Spreading the news of Macbeth's treachery.
(b) Trying to save his life.
(c) Plotting against Macbeth.
(d) Grieving for Duncan and Banquo.
5. What does Macbeth see at the banquet that no one else does?
(a) A procession of devils.
(b) Blood in the wine.
(c) The three witches.
(d) Banquo's ghost.
6. Where does Macduff go after Banquo's murder?
7. In Act 5, Scene 5, what does Macbeth think will happen to his enemies while he is in his castle?
(a) They will fear him and retreat.
(b) They will get confused and leave.
(c) They will recognize his power and become allies with him.
(d) They will starve and suffer with ague.
8. Who suggests the form of camouflage that the army in Dunsinane uses?
(a) General Siward.
9. What does Macbath ask his doctors to do when he hears the war drums from Dunsinane?
(a) Give him an injection of strength.
(b) Attend to his wife.
(c) Leave him and find safety.
(d) Stop giving him reports.
10. How does Macbeth feel about what his army has done while the army in Dunsinane prepares for battle?
(a) He is angered.
(b) He is proud of their cunning.
(c) He is still confident that he will win.
(d) He cares not at all.
11. What is the first apparition to appear to Macbeth when he meets with the witches?
(a) An armed head.
(b) A child holding a branch.
(c) The ghost of Duncan.
(d) A bloody child.
12. What do the men in Dunsinane use as camouflage?
(a) Branches from trees in the wood.
(b) Black paint.
(d) Armor from Macbeth's army.
13. What does the army at Dunsinane do when they reach the castle?
(b) Begin bombarding the castle.
(c) Pound their drums.
(d) Wait for Macbeth.
14. Who do the witches meet with the morning after Banquo's murder?
15. Who is the first person killed by Macbeth in the battle at his castle?
(a) Young Siward.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news terrifies Macbeth at his banquet?
2. What are the witches rebuked for the morning after Banquo's murder?
3. What does Macbeth call his servant who tried to warn him of the encroaching army?
4. What does Macbeth ask Seyton to do as the army approaches in Act 5, Scene 3?
5. How do the soldiers in Dunsinane plan to purge Macbeth of his anger?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)