|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the first scene in Act 5 take place?
(a) Macduff's castle.
(b) An anteroom in Macbeth's castle.
(c) An inn.
(d) A wood.
2. What do the witches plan to do with that which they harvest from the moon?
(a) Create evil sprites.
(b) Look into the future.
(c) Envelop Macbeth in darkness.
(d) Cause Macbeth to sleep so that he may be murdered in his bed.
3. What is Macduff doing as he flees after Banquo's death?
(a) Grieving for Duncan and Banquo.
(b) Trying to save his life.
(c) Spreading the news of Macbeth's treachery.
(d) Plotting against Macbeth.
4. What does Malcolm tell Macduff after they have both fled?
(a) He is filled with confusion.
(b) He is filled with anger.
(c) He is filled with fear.
(d) He is filled with sadness.
5. What does Macbeth say he will not do when he sees two angry and armed men approach him in the castle in Act 5, Scene 8?
(b) Fall on his sword.
(c) Lose the battle.
(d) Succumb to fear.
6. Who is with Lady Macduff in her castle when she hears her husband has fled?
(a) Her servants.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her son.
7. Who of the following has NOT fled the country by Act 4, Scene 2?
8. What are the witches doing at the beginning of Act 4?
(b) Stirring things in their cauldron.
9. Why is Macbeth afraid when the army reaches the castle when he has been so confident until then?
(a) He cannot find his good armor.
(b) The witches warnings are coming true.
(c) He feels helpless without his wife.
(d) He didn't realize how large the army was.
10. Who is the first person killed by Macbeth in the battle at his castle?
(a) Young Siward.
11. In Act 5, Scene 5, what does Macbeth think will happen to his enemies while he is in his castle?
(a) They will recognize his power and become allies with him.
(b) They will fear him and retreat.
(c) They will starve and suffer with ague.
(d) They will get confused and leave.
12. What does a doctor say Lady Macbeth needs to heal?
(a) A physician.
(b) Some strong medication.
(c) Her husband.
(d) A priest.
13. What do the witches do at the beginning of Act 4 when they are joined by Hecate?
(b) Go to sleep.
(c) Begin stirring things in their cauldron.
(d) Dance and sing.
14. What do the men in Dunsinane use as camouflage?
(a) Branches from trees in the wood.
(b) Black paint.
(d) Armor from Macbeth's army.
15. Why is Macbeth not at all disturbed by the war drums?
(a) He thinks they are fighting for him.
(b) He feel protected from his enemies.
(c) He thinks they are preparing a tribute to him.
(d) He cannot hear them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macduff's son compare himself to when he hears that his father has fled?
2. What does Macduff call Macbeth as they fight?
3. What does Malcolm tell the army to do when they reach the castle at Dunsinane?
4. What is the army in Dunsinane trying to hide with their unique camouflage?
5. What does Macbeth decide he must do when he sees the army at his castle in Act 5, Scene 7?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)