|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one thing that will frighten Macbeth?
(a) Seeing the wood move to the castle.
(b) Seeing the Thane of Fife.
(c) The ghost of Duncan.
(d) Hearing a bad prophecy from the witches.
2. Who is with Lady Macduff in her castle when she hears her husband has fled?
(a) Her servants.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her sister.
3. What is the first apparition to appear to Macbeth when he meets with the witches?
(a) The ghost of Duncan.
(b) A bloody child.
(c) A child holding a branch.
(d) An armed head.
4. What does Malcolm tell Macduff after they have both fled?
(a) He is filled with sadness.
(b) He is filled with anger.
(c) He is filled with fear.
(d) He is filled with confusion.
5. What does Ross say about Macduff after he has fled?
(a) He is noble and wise.
(b) He deserves whatever fate he gets.
(c) He has reason to fear.
(d) He is a snake and a coward.
6. Who is Duncan's heir?
7. Why is Macbeth not at all disturbed by the war drums?
(a) He thinks they are preparing a tribute to him.
(b) He feel protected from his enemies.
(c) He cannot hear them.
(d) He thinks they are fighting for him.
8. What does Macbeth say he will not do when he sees two angry and armed men approach him in the castle in Act 5, Scene 8?
(a) Lose the battle.
(b) Fall on his sword.
(d) Succumb to fear.
9. How does Macbeth feel about his first killing in the battle in Act 5, Scene 7?
10. How does Macbeth hear that Birnam Wood is moving towards the castle?
(a) He sees it out his window.
(b) A witch prophecies it to him.
(c) He sees it in a dream.
(d) His sentry tells him.
11. What does Macbath ask his doctors to do when he hears the war drums from Dunsinane?
(a) Give him an injection of strength.
(b) Stop giving him reports.
(c) Attend to his wife.
(d) Leave him and find safety.
12. In Act 4, Scene 3, what does Macduff promise Malcolm he is not?
(a) A coward.
(b) A murderer.
(c) A noble man.
(d) A traitor.
13. Who of the following has NOT fled the country by Act 4, Scene 2?
14. What does Macbeth fear his future will be after finding out the source of the shrill cry in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) Dusty death.
(b) Sadness and sorrow.
(c) Reigning and ruling.
(d) Great glory.
15. Where is Malcolm when the other soldiers are at Dunsinane?
(b) Birnam Wood.
(c) Pont Whiff Castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the witches do at the beginning of Act 4 when they are joined by Hecate?
2. How does Lady Macbeth die?
3. Why is Malcom afraid to take up the crown?
4. What does a doctor say Lady Macbeth needs to heal?
5. How does Macbeth feel about what his army has done while the army in Dunsinane prepares for battle?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)