|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 4, Scene 3, what does Macduff promise Malcolm he is not?
(a) A coward.
(b) A noble man.
(c) A murderer.
(d) A traitor.
2. What does a doctor say Lady Macbeth needs to heal?
(a) A priest.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Some strong medication.
(d) A physician.
3. Who wants to take revenge personally on Macbeth during the battle at the castle?
(a) General Siward.
4. What has most of Macbeth's army done while the army in Dunsinane prepares for battle?
(a) Switched sides.
(c) Sent faulty information to the spies.
(d) Found armor.
5. What does Macbeth ask Seyton to do as the army approaches in Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) Protect his wife.
(b) Prepare his armor.
(c) Rally his own troops.
(d) Send a message to the army.
6. What does Macbeth say he will not do when he sees two angry and armed men approach him in the castle in Act 5, Scene 8?
(b) Succumb to fear.
(c) Fall on his sword.
(d) Lose the battle.
7. What is so surprising to Lady Macbeth about an old man in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) How much blood he has.
(b) How loud his voice was in death.
(c) How wise he is.
(d) How easily he died.
8. What is the second apparition to appear to Macbeth when he meets with the witches?
(a) A child holding a branch.
(b) The ghost of Duncan.
(c) An armed head.
(d) A bloody child.
9. In Act 5, Scene 5, what does Macbeth think will happen to his enemies while he is in his castle?
(a) They will fear him and retreat.
(b) They will starve and suffer with ague.
(c) They will recognize his power and become allies with him.
(d) They will get confused and leave.
10. Who of the following is not among the soldiers in Dunsinane?
11. What do the witches plan to harvest from the moon?
(a) Artificial light.
(b) A vaporous drop.
(c) A key to darkness.
(d) Dust of the moon.
12. What is the third apparition to appear to Macbeth when he meets with the witches?
(a) The ghost of Duncan.
(b) A bloody child.
(c) An armed head.
(d) A child holding a branch.
13. Who are speaking at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) Macduff and his son.
(b) Macbeth and his wife.
(c) A gentlewoman and a doctor.
(d) Angus and Ross.
14. Who is with Lady Macduff in her castle when she hears her husband has fled?
(a) Her servants.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her sister.
15. What does Macbeth call his servant who tried to warn him of the encroaching army?
(a) A traitor.
(b) A good man.
(c) A coward.
(d) A fool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the soldiers in Dunsinane enter Act 5, Scene 2 with?
2. Where is the army at Dunsinane from?
3. Where is Malcolm when the other soldiers are at Dunsinane?
4. What does Macbeth decide he must do when he sees the army at his castle in Act 5, Scene 7?
5. What does Macbeth fear his future will be after finding out the source of the shrill cry in Act 5, Scene 5?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)