|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Macbeth feel about what his army has done while the army in Dunsinane prepares for battle?
(a) He cares not at all.
(b) He is proud of their cunning.
(c) He is still confident that he will win.
(d) He is angered.
2. What does Macbath ask his doctors to do when he hears the war drums from Dunsinane?
(a) Stop giving him reports.
(b) Attend to his wife.
(c) Give him an injection of strength.
(d) Leave him and find safety.
3. What is so surprising to Lady Macbeth about an old man in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) How easily he died.
(b) How loud his voice was in death.
(c) How wise he is.
(d) How much blood he has.
4. Where does the first scene in Act 5 take place?
(a) Macduff's castle.
(b) An inn.
(c) An anteroom in Macbeth's castle.
(d) A wood.
5. Where did Banquo receive 20 gashes?
(a) His stomach.
(b) His heart.
(c) His head.
(d) His neck.
6. Who is the leader of the army at Dunsinane?
(b) General Siward.
7. Who suggests the form of camouflage that the army in Dunsinane uses?
(c) General Siward.
8. How does Macbeth hear that Birnam Wood is moving towards the castle?
(a) His sentry tells him.
(b) A witch prophecies it to him.
(c) He sees it out his window.
(d) He sees it in a dream.
9. What does the army at Dunsinane do when they reach the castle?
(b) Begin bombarding the castle.
(c) Pound their drums.
(d) Wait for Macbeth.
10. Where is the army at Dunsinane from?
11. Why does Malcolm lie to Macduff about being a lusty man?
(a) He wanted to lighten the mood.
(b) He wishes he could be that way.
(c) He is testing Macduff.
(d) He enjoys a good tale.
12. What does Malcolm tell the army to do when they reach the castle at Dunsinane?
(a) Chant against Macbeth.
(b) Get some good rest before the action begins.
(c) Put down their branches.
(d) Wipe off their camouflage.
13. What does Macbeth ask Seyton to do as the army approaches in Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) Prepare his armor.
(b) Rally his own troops.
(c) Protect his wife.
(d) Send a message to the army.
14. What is Macduff doing as he flees after Banquo's death?
(a) Plotting against Macbeth.
(b) Trying to save his life.
(c) Spreading the news of Macbeth's treachery.
(d) Grieving for Duncan and Banquo.
15. How many soldiers are in Dunsinane in Act 5, Scene 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second apparition to appear to Macbeth when he meets with the witches?
2. What happens to Macduff's family after he has fled the country?
3. What does Macduff tell Malcolm to do after they have both fled?
4. What does Malcolm tell Macduff after they have both fled?
5. What is the first apparition to appear to Macbeth when he meets with the witches?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)