|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macbeth see at the banquet that no one else does?
(a) Blood in the wine.
(b) Banquo's ghost.
(c) The three witches.
(d) A procession of devils.
2. What makes Macbeth feel invincible in Act 5?
(a) His huge army.
(b) The love the people have for him.
(c) His anger.
(d) The prophecy of the witches.
3. What does Malcolm tell Macduff after they have both fled?
(a) He is filled with anger.
(b) He is filled with fear.
(c) He is filled with confusion.
(d) He is filled with sadness.
4. What does Macduff call Macbeth as they fight?
(a) A pussycat.
(b) A tyrant.
(c) A fool.
(d) A child.
5. What has most of Macbeth's army done while the army in Dunsinane prepares for battle?
(b) Sent faulty information to the spies.
(c) Found armor.
(d) Switched sides.
6. Why is Macbeth not afraid of the man sworn to take revenge on him?
(a) The prophecy from the witches gives him courage.
(b) He is full of confidence.
(c) He had a dream in which he defeated this man.
(d) He knows he is stronger than the man.
7. What does Macduff do when he hears his family has been murdered?
(b) Puts on mourning apparel.
(c) Swears vengeance on Macbeth.
(d) Puts together an army of English soldiers.
8. What does Macbeth call his servant who tried to warn him of the encroaching army?
(a) A traitor.
(b) A coward.
(c) A fool.
(d) A good man.
9. What do the soldiers in Dunsinane enter Act 5, Scene 2 with?
(a) A drum and colors.
(b) A war scream.
(c) The body of Duncan.
(d) Their written strategy.
10. What is Lady Macbeth trying to do while she is sleeping?
(b) Kill Duncan.
(c) Wash her hands.
(d) Put on her crown.
11. Why is Macbeth not at all disturbed by the war drums?
(a) He cannot hear them.
(b) He thinks they are fighting for him.
(c) He feel protected from his enemies.
(d) He thinks they are preparing a tribute to him.
12. What is so surprising to Lady Macbeth about an old man in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) How much blood he has.
(b) How wise he is.
(c) How easily he died.
(d) How loud his voice was in death.
13. Who is with Lady Macduff in her castle when she hears her husband has fled?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her servants.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her son.
14. How does Macbeth feel about what his army has done while the army in Dunsinane prepares for battle?
(a) He is proud of their cunning.
(b) He is angered.
(c) He cares not at all.
(d) He is still confident that he will win.
15. What brings Siward comfort when he hears of his son's death?
(a) He honored his father.
(b) He died nobly.
(c) He died quickly and painlessly.
(d) Macbeth was defeated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second apparition to appear to Macbeth when he meets with the witches?
2. What does Macbeth tell the unexpected visitor to the hall at the beginning of the banquet to do?
3. What does a doctor say Lady Macbeth needs to heal?
4. What is the one thing that will frighten Macbeth?
5. How was Macduff born?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)