|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macduff do when summoned by Macbeth in Act 3, Scene 6?
(a) Challenges him to a duel.
(b) Threatens his life.
(c) Pretends to not hear.
(d) Refuses to come.
2. How do the soldiers in Dunsinane plan to purge Macbeth of his anger?
(a) Gentle persuasion.
(b) Take his wife captive.
(c) Kill the traitors.
(d) Righteous war.
3. Why is Macbeth afraid when the army reaches the castle when he has been so confident until then?
(a) He didn't realize how large the army was.
(b) The witches warnings are coming true.
(c) He cannot find his good armor.
(d) He feels helpless without his wife.
4. How was Macduff born?
(a) Extracted from his mother's dead corpse.
(b) Born prematurely.
(c) Stillborn, and then revived.
(d) Ripped from his mother's womb.
5. Who is with Lady Macduff in her castle when she hears her husband has fled?
(a) Her servants.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her sister.
6. What are the witches doing at the beginning of Act 4?
(d) Stirring things in their cauldron.
7. Why does Malcolm lie to Macduff about being a lusty man?
(a) He enjoys a good tale.
(b) He is testing Macduff.
(c) He wishes he could be that way.
(d) He wanted to lighten the mood.
8. What does Macduff's son compare himself to when he hears that his father has fled?
(a) A snake.
(b) A bird.
(c) A dog.
(d) A tiger.
9. What do the witches plan to harvest from the moon?
(a) A vaporous drop.
(b) Dust of the moon.
(c) A key to darkness.
(d) Artificial light.
10. What is the one thing that will frighten Macbeth?
(a) Seeing the Thane of Fife.
(b) Hearing a bad prophecy from the witches.
(c) The ghost of Duncan.
(d) Seeing the wood move to the castle.
11. Who do the witches meet with the morning after Banquo's murder?
12. What are the witches rebuked for the morning after Banquo's murder?
(a) Not warning Banquo about his impending death.
(b) Not alerting Hecate about Macbeth.
(c) Not warning Fleance about the prophecy of his kingship.
(d) Not warning Macbeth about Fleance.
13. How does Macbeth hear that Birnam Wood is moving towards the castle?
(a) A witch prophecies it to him.
(b) His sentry tells him.
(c) He sees it out his window.
(d) He sees it in a dream.
14. Who is the leader of the army at Dunsinane?
(a) General Siward.
15. Who appears at the door when the banquet first begins?
(a) A messenger.
(b) The murderer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the boughs held by the army used for?
2. What does Macbeth say he will not do when he sees two angry and armed men approach him in the castle in Act 5, Scene 8?
3. What does a doctor say Lady Macbeth needs to heal?
4. What do the witches do at the beginning of Act 4 when they are joined by Hecate?
5. Where is Malcolm when the other soldiers are at Dunsinane?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)