|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the army in Dunsinane trying to hide with their unique camouflage?
(a) The approach.
(b) Their strategy.
(c) Their existence.
(d) Their numbers.
2. What are the witches doing at the beginning of Act 4?
(c) Stirring things in their cauldron.
3. What happens to Macduff's family after he has fled the country?
(a) They go into hiding.
(b) They are murdered.
(c) They flee to join him.
(d) They prepare to go see Macbeth.
4. Who is Duncan's heir?
5. What do the soldiers in Dunsinane enter Act 5, Scene 2 with?
(a) The body of Duncan.
(b) A drum and colors.
(c) Their written strategy.
(d) A war scream.
6. What does Macbath ask his doctors to do when he hears the war drums from Dunsinane?
(a) Attend to his wife.
(b) Leave him and find safety.
(c) Give him an injection of strength.
(d) Stop giving him reports.
7. What does Ross say about Macduff after he has fled?
(a) He deserves whatever fate he gets.
(b) He has reason to fear.
(c) He is a snake and a coward.
(d) He is noble and wise.
8. How does Macbeth feel about his first killing in the battle in Act 5, Scene 7?
9. Where does the first scene in Act 5 take place?
(a) An anteroom in Macbeth's castle.
(b) An inn.
(c) Macduff's castle.
(d) A wood.
10. Who does Lennox speak to about Banquo's death?
(a) His servants.
(d) A lord.
11. What does a doctor say Lady Macbeth needs to heal?
(a) Her husband.
(b) A priest.
(c) A physician.
(d) Some strong medication.
12. Why is Macbeth afraid when the army reaches the castle when he has been so confident until then?
(a) He didn't realize how large the army was.
(b) He feels helpless without his wife.
(c) He cannot find his good armor.
(d) The witches warnings are coming true.
13. How does Lady Macbeth die?
(a) Captured by the enemy.
(b) Mistaken for a witch by a servant.
14. What does the first apparition warn Macbeth against?
(a) The son of Banquo.
(c) The jealous passion of his wife.
(d) The Thane of Fife.
15. Who of the following has NOT fled the country by Act 4, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests the form of camouflage that the army in Dunsinane uses?
2. What is the source of the shrill cry Macbeth hears as the army approaches his castle in Act 5, Scene 5?
3. What do the witches do at the beginning of Act 4 when they are joined by Hecate?
4. What has caused Macbeth's fiery rage while the soldiers are all in Dunsinane?
5. How was Macduff born?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)