|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is so surprising to Lady Macbeth about an old man in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) How wise he is.
(b) How much blood he has.
(c) How easily he died.
(d) How loud his voice was in death.
2. What does Malcolm tell the army to do when they reach the castle at Dunsinane?
(a) Get some good rest before the action begins.
(b) Wipe off their camouflage.
(c) Put down their branches.
(d) Chant against Macbeth.
3. Who is the first person killed by Macbeth in the battle at his castle?
(d) Young Siward.
4. How does Lady Macbeth die?
(a) Mistaken for a witch by a servant.
(c) Captured by the enemy.
5. Who will lead the first assault on the castle in Act 5, Scene 6?
6. Why is Macbeth not afraid of the man sworn to take revenge on him?
(a) He is full of confidence.
(b) He knows he is stronger than the man.
(c) He had a dream in which he defeated this man.
(d) The prophecy from the witches gives him courage.
7. What is the second apparition to appear to Macbeth when he meets with the witches?
(a) A child holding a branch.
(b) The ghost of Duncan.
(c) A bloody child.
(d) An armed head.
8. Who wants to take revenge personally on Macbeth during the battle at the castle?
(b) General Siward.
9. What is the first apparition to appear to Macbeth when he meets with the witches?
(a) The ghost of Duncan.
(b) A child holding a branch.
(c) An armed head.
(d) A bloody child.
10. Who of the following has NOT fled the country by Act 4, Scene 2?
11. What is Lady Macbeth trying to do while she is sleeping?
(a) Put on her crown.
(b) Wash her hands.
(c) Kill Duncan.
12. Who are speaking at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) Angus and Ross.
(b) Macbeth and his wife.
(c) Macduff and his son.
(d) A gentlewoman and a doctor.
13. Who of the following is NOT in attendance in the hall when the banquet begins in Act 3, Scene 4?
14. What does Lady Macduff say her husband's flight makes her look like?
(b) The family of a coward.
(d) A traitor.
15. What does Macbeth call his servant who tried to warn him of the encroaching army?
(a) A coward.
(b) A fool.
(c) A good man.
(d) A traitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a doctor say Lady Macbeth needs to heal?
2. What does Macbath ask his doctors to do when he hears the war drums from Dunsinane?
3. Where did the army get the boughs they are holding?
4. What does the army at Dunsinane do when they reach the castle?
5. Who does Lennox speak to about Banquo's death?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)