|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Macbeth not afraid of the man sworn to take revenge on him?
(a) He is full of confidence.
(b) He knows he is stronger than the man.
(c) He had a dream in which he defeated this man.
(d) The prophecy from the witches gives him courage.
2. What do the witches do at the beginning of Act 4 when they are joined by Hecate?
(b) Dance and sing.
(c) Begin stirring things in their cauldron.
(d) Go to sleep.
3. What does Macbeth fear his future will be after finding out the source of the shrill cry in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) Dusty death.
(b) Great glory.
(c) Reigning and ruling.
(d) Sadness and sorrow.
4. Who is the first person killed by Macbeth in the battle at his castle?
(d) Young Siward.
5. Where did Banquo receive 20 gashes?
(a) His head.
(b) His heart.
(c) His stomach.
(d) His neck.
6. How many soldiers are in Dunsinane in Act 5, Scene 3?
7. Who are speaking at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) Angus and Ross.
(b) Macbeth and his wife.
(c) Macduff and his son.
(d) A gentlewoman and a doctor.
8. What is Macduff doing as he flees after Banquo's death?
(a) Spreading the news of Macbeth's treachery.
(b) Plotting against Macbeth.
(c) Grieving for Duncan and Banquo.
(d) Trying to save his life.
9. Who of the following has NOT fled the country by Act 4, Scene 2?
10. What does the first apparition warn Macbeth against?
(a) The Thane of Fife.
(b) The son of Banquo.
(c) The jealous passion of his wife.
11. How does Lady Macbeth die?
(a) Captured by the enemy.
(d) Mistaken for a witch by a servant.
12. What were the boughs held by the army used for?
13. What has most of Macbeth's army done while the army in Dunsinane prepares for battle?
(a) Found armor.
(b) Switched sides.
(d) Sent faulty information to the spies.
14. What is the army in Dunsinane trying to hide with their unique camouflage?
(a) Their existence.
(b) Their numbers.
(c) The approach.
(d) Their strategy.
15. Who is helping Macduff when he flees after Banquo's murder?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macbeth ask Seyton to do as the army approaches in Act 5, Scene 3?
2. What are the witches rebuked for the morning after Banquo's murder?
3. What does Macbeth see at the banquet that no one else does?
4. What does Macduff call Macbeth as they fight?
5. How was Macduff born?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)