|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Macduff go after Banquo's murder?
2. What are the witches rebuked for the morning after Banquo's murder?
(a) Not warning Banquo about his impending death.
(b) Not alerting Hecate about Macbeth.
(c) Not warning Macbeth about Fleance.
(d) Not warning Fleance about the prophecy of his kingship.
3. Why is Malcom afraid to take up the crown?
(a) He fears he will be murdered.
(b) He is too young.
(c) He has no knowledge of state affairs.
(d) He has many vices.
4. What is the army in Dunsinane trying to hide with their unique camouflage?
(a) Their strategy.
(b) Their existence.
(c) Their numbers.
(d) The approach.
5. What has most of Macbeth's army done while the army in Dunsinane prepares for battle?
(a) Sent faulty information to the spies.
(c) Found armor.
(d) Switched sides.
6. Who is the leader of the army at Dunsinane?
(b) General Siward.
7. What does Macduff's son compare himself to when he hears that his father has fled?
(a) A dog.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A snake.
(d) A bird.
8. Who is the first person killed by Macbeth in the battle at his castle?
(c) Young Siward.
9. What is the second apparition to appear to Macbeth when he meets with the witches?
(a) A child holding a branch.
(b) An armed head.
(c) A bloody child.
(d) The ghost of Duncan.
10. What does Ross say about Macduff after he has fled?
(a) He has reason to fear.
(b) He is a snake and a coward.
(c) He deserves whatever fate he gets.
(d) He is noble and wise.
11. What does Macduff tell Malcolm to do after they have both fled?
(a) Discard his fear and replace it with courage.
(b) Be strong and take up his sword.
(c) Use his anger to find justice.
(d) Replace his confusion with understanding and wisdom.
12. What is the source of the shrill cry Macbeth hears as the army approaches his castle in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) His servant sees the large numbers of the army.
(b) His wife has died.
(c) The doctor is shot with an arrow.
(d) The gate is bombarded.
13. Who will lead the first assault on the castle in Act 5, Scene 6?
14. How does Macbeth hear that Birnam Wood is moving towards the castle?
(a) A witch prophecies it to him.
(b) He sees it in a dream.
(c) He sees it out his window.
(d) His sentry tells him.
15. What are the witches doing at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Stirring things in their cauldron.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many soldiers are in Dunsinane in Act 5, Scene 3?
2. Who is Duncan's heir?
3. Who of the following is not among the soldiers in Dunsinane?
4. What does Malcolm tell the army to do when they reach the castle at Dunsinane?
5. What does Macbeth see at the banquet that no one else does?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)