|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the third apparition to appear to Macbeth when he meets with the witches?
(a) An armed head.
(b) The ghost of Duncan.
(c) A child holding a branch.
(d) A bloody child.
2. What brings Siward comfort when he hears of his son's death?
(a) He died quickly and painlessly.
(b) Macbeth was defeated.
(c) He honored his father.
(d) He died nobly.
3. Who of the following is NOT in attendance in the hall when the banquet begins in Act 3, Scene 4?
4. How was Macduff born?
(a) Extracted from his mother's dead corpse.
(b) Ripped from his mother's womb.
(c) Stillborn, and then revived.
(d) Born prematurely.
5. Who does Lennox speak to about Banquo's death?
(c) A lord.
(d) His servants.
6. How does Macbeth hear that Birnam Wood is moving towards the castle?
(a) He sees it out his window.
(b) He sees it in a dream.
(c) A witch prophecies it to him.
(d) His sentry tells him.
7. In Act 5, Scene 5, what does Macbeth think will happen to his enemies while he is in his castle?
(a) They will fear him and retreat.
(b) They will starve and suffer with ague.
(c) They will get confused and leave.
(d) They will recognize his power and become allies with him.
8. What is Lady Macbeth trying to do while she is sleeping?
(a) Put on her crown.
(c) Kill Duncan.
(d) Wash her hands.
9. What is the army in Dunsinane trying to hide with their unique camouflage?
(a) Their existence.
(b) Their strategy.
(c) The approach.
(d) Their numbers.
10. What does Macbeth tell the unexpected visitor to the hall at the beginning of the banquet to do?
(a) Deliver his message.
(b) Take a seat.
(c) Stand outside.
(d) Wash himself.
11. Who is the first person killed by Macbeth in the battle at his castle?
(c) Young Siward.
12. What does Macbeth ask Seyton to do as the army approaches in Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) Prepare his armor.
(b) Send a message to the army.
(c) Rally his own troops.
(d) Protect his wife.
13. Who is with Lady Macduff in her castle when she hears her husband has fled?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her servants.
14. How does Macbeth feel about what his army has done while the army in Dunsinane prepares for battle?
(a) He is angered.
(b) He is proud of their cunning.
(c) He cares not at all.
(d) He is still confident that he will win.
15. How do the soldiers in Dunsinane plan to purge Macbeth of his anger?
(a) Righteous war.
(b) Kill the traitors.
(c) Gentle persuasion.
(d) Take his wife captive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the army at Dunsinane from?
2. What is Macduff doing as he flees after Banquo's death?
3. What is Macbeth's title in the castle at Dunsinane?
4. What are the witches rebuked for the morning after Banquo's murder?
5. Where does the first scene in Act 5 take place?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)