|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Macbeth afraid when the army reaches the castle when he has been so confident until then?
(a) The witches warnings are coming true.
(b) He cannot find his good armor.
(c) He didn't realize how large the army was.
(d) He feels helpless without his wife.
2. Who of the following is NOT in attendance in the hall when the banquet begins in Act 3, Scene 4?
3. Who of the following is not among the soldiers in Dunsinane?
4. What does Macbeth tell the unexpected visitor to the hall at the beginning of the banquet to do?
(a) Stand outside.
(b) Deliver his message.
(c) Take a seat.
(d) Wash himself.
5. What is Macbeth's title in the castle at Dunsinane?
6. What is so surprising to Lady Macbeth about an old man in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) How loud his voice was in death.
(b) How wise he is.
(c) How easily he died.
(d) How much blood he has.
7. What does Macbeth call his servant who tried to warn him of the encroaching army?
(a) A coward.
(b) A fool.
(c) A good man.
(d) A traitor.
8. Why does Malcolm lie to Macduff about being a lusty man?
(a) He wanted to lighten the mood.
(b) He wishes he could be that way.
(c) He enjoys a good tale.
(d) He is testing Macduff.
9. In Act 4, Scene 3, what does Macduff promise Malcolm he is not?
(a) A murderer.
(b) A traitor.
(c) A coward.
(d) A noble man.
10. What does the army at Dunsinane do when they reach the castle?
(b) Begin bombarding the castle.
(c) Wait for Macbeth.
(d) Pound their drums.
11. Where did the army get the boughs they are holding?
(a) From the forests near their homes.
(b) At Dunsinane.
(c) From Birnam wood.
(d) From trees at the castle.
12. What does Macduff do when summoned by Macbeth in Act 3, Scene 6?
(a) Refuses to come.
(b) Threatens his life.
(c) Challenges him to a duel.
(d) Pretends to not hear.
13. What makes Macbeth feel invincible in Act 5?
(a) The prophecy of the witches.
(b) His huge army.
(c) His anger.
(d) The love the people have for him.
14. Who appears at the door when the banquet first begins?
(a) The murderer.
(c) A messenger.
15. Who do the witches meet with the morning after Banquo's murder?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the witches plan to do with that which they harvest from the moon?
2. In Act 5, Scene 5, what does Macbeth think will happen to his enemies while he is in his castle?
3. Where does the first scene in Act 5 take place?
4. Who will lead the first assault on the castle in Act 5, Scene 6?
5. What is the one thing that will frighten Macbeth?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)