|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macbeth tell the unexpected visitor to the hall at the beginning of the banquet to do?
(a) Wash himself.
(b) Deliver his message.
(c) Stand outside.
(d) Take a seat.
2. How do the soldiers in Dunsinane plan to purge Macbeth of his anger?
(a) Gentle persuasion.
(b) Take his wife captive.
(c) Righteous war.
(d) Kill the traitors.
3. Why is Macbeth afraid when the army reaches the castle when he has been so confident until then?
(a) He cannot find his good armor.
(b) He didn't realize how large the army was.
(c) He feels helpless without his wife.
(d) The witches warnings are coming true.
4. What does Macduff do when he hears his family has been murdered?
(b) Puts on mourning apparel.
(c) Puts together an army of English soldiers.
(d) Swears vengeance on Macbeth.
5. What does Macbath ask his doctors to do when he hears the war drums from Dunsinane?
(a) Leave him and find safety.
(b) Give him an injection of strength.
(c) Stop giving him reports.
(d) Attend to his wife.
6. Who of the following has NOT fled the country by Act 4, Scene 2?
7. What has been happening to Lady Macbeth since Banquo's death?
(a) She has been followed by Banquo's ghost.
(b) She has been sleepwalking.
(c) She has been having hallucinations.
(d) She has been having horrible dreams.
8. What does Malcolm tell Macduff after they have both fled?
(a) He is filled with fear.
(b) He is filled with sadness.
(c) He is filled with anger.
(d) He is filled with confusion.
9. Where does the first scene in Act 5 take place?
(a) An inn.
(b) An anteroom in Macbeth's castle.
(c) Macduff's castle.
(d) A wood.
10. What is the one thing that will frighten Macbeth?
(a) Seeing the wood move to the castle.
(b) Seeing the Thane of Fife.
(c) The ghost of Duncan.
(d) Hearing a bad prophecy from the witches.
11. What are the witches doing at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Stirring things in their cauldron.
12. Who does Lennox speak to about Banquo's death?
(a) A lord.
(c) His servants.
13. What does Macbeth see at the banquet that no one else does?
(a) Blood in the wine.
(b) Banquo's ghost.
(c) The three witches.
(d) A procession of devils.
14. What do the soldiers in Dunsinane enter Act 5, Scene 2 with?
(a) Their written strategy.
(b) A war scream.
(c) The body of Duncan.
(d) A drum and colors.
15. What does the army at Dunsinane do when they reach the castle?
(a) Pound their drums.
(c) Begin bombarding the castle.
(d) Wait for Macbeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lady Macbeth die?
2. What is Lady Macbeth trying to do while she is sleeping?
3. Why is Macbeth not at all disturbed by the war drums?
4. Who will lead the first assault on the castle in Act 5, Scene 6?
5. Who is crowned king at the end of the play?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)