Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macduff call Macbeth as they fight?
(a) A fool.
(b) A tyrant.
(c) A child.
(d) A pussycat.
2. Who is the first person killed by Macbeth in the battle at his castle?
(b) Young Siward.
3. What do the witches plan to do with that which they harvest from the moon?
(a) Create evil sprites.
(b) Look into the future.
(c) Envelop Macbeth in darkness.
(d) Cause Macbeth to sleep so that he may be murdered in his bed.
4. Where does the first scene in Act 5 take place?
(a) An inn.
(b) Macduff's castle.
(c) A wood.
(d) An anteroom in Macbeth's castle.
5. Who is helping Macduff when he flees after Banquo's murder?
6. Who will lead the first assault on the castle in Act 5, Scene 6?
7. What is Macduff doing as he flees after Banquo's death?
(a) Grieving for Duncan and Banquo.
(b) Spreading the news of Macbeth's treachery.
(c) Plotting against Macbeth.
(d) Trying to save his life.
8. What does Macbeth see at the banquet that no one else does?
(a) The three witches.
(b) Blood in the wine.
(c) Banquo's ghost.
(d) A procession of devils.
9. What does a doctor say Lady Macbeth needs to heal?
(a) Some strong medication.
(b) Her husband.
(c) A physician.
(d) A priest.
10. What is the army in Dunsinane trying to hide with their unique camouflage?
(a) Their existence.
(b) Their numbers.
(c) Their strategy.
(d) The approach.
11. Why is Macbeth not afraid of the man sworn to take revenge on him?
(a) He had a dream in which he defeated this man.
(b) He is full of confidence.
(c) He knows he is stronger than the man.
(d) The prophecy from the witches gives him courage.
12. In Act 5, Scene 5, what does Macbeth think will happen to his enemies while he is in his castle?
(a) They will starve and suffer with ague.
(b) They will recognize his power and become allies with him.
(c) They will get confused and leave.
(d) They will fear him and retreat.
13. What is so surprising to Lady Macbeth about an old man in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) How wise he is.
(b) How easily he died.
(c) How loud his voice was in death.
(d) How much blood he has.
14. What does Macbeth ask Seyton to do as the army approaches in Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) Send a message to the army.
(b) Protect his wife.
(c) Prepare his armor.
(d) Rally his own troops.
15. What do the witches do at the beginning of Act 4 when they are joined by Hecate?
(a) Go to sleep.
(b) Begin stirring things in their cauldron.
(d) Dance and sing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news terrifies Macbeth at his banquet?
2. How does Macbeth feel about what his army has done while the army in Dunsinane prepares for battle?
3. Why is Macbeth afraid when the army reaches the castle when he has been so confident until then?
4. Who is Duncan's heir?
5. Who is crowned king at the end of the play?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)