|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Duncan's heir?
2. What do the witches plan to do with that which they harvest from the moon?
(a) Look into the future.
(b) Envelop Macbeth in darkness.
(c) Cause Macbeth to sleep so that he may be murdered in his bed.
(d) Create evil sprites.
3. Why is Macbeth not at all disturbed by the war drums?
(a) He thinks they are preparing a tribute to him.
(b) He feel protected from his enemies.
(c) He cannot hear them.
(d) He thinks they are fighting for him.
4. What does Macduff's son compare himself to when he hears that his father has fled?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A bird.
(c) A snake.
(d) A dog.
5. What do the witches plan to harvest from the moon?
(a) Artificial light.
(b) A key to darkness.
(c) A vaporous drop.
(d) Dust of the moon.
6. What does Ross say about Macduff after he has fled?
(a) He is a snake and a coward.
(b) He is noble and wise.
(c) He deserves whatever fate he gets.
(d) He has reason to fear.
7. What do the witches plan to show Macbeth the morning after Banquo's murder?
(a) His future disgrace.
(b) His sins.
(c) His destiny.
(d) A prophecy of lies.
8. What does Macbeth say he will not do when he sees two angry and armed men approach him in the castle in Act 5, Scene 8?
(b) Lose the battle.
(c) Fall on his sword.
(d) Succumb to fear.
9. Who is the first person killed by Macbeth in the battle at his castle?
(d) Young Siward.
10. What are the witches rebuked for the morning after Banquo's murder?
(a) Not warning Macbeth about Fleance.
(b) Not warning Fleance about the prophecy of his kingship.
(c) Not warning Banquo about his impending death.
(d) Not alerting Hecate about Macbeth.
11. What does Malcolm tell Macduff after they have both fled?
(a) He is filled with sadness.
(b) He is filled with anger.
(c) He is filled with fear.
(d) He is filled with confusion.
12. What is the army in Dunsinane trying to hide with their unique camouflage?
(a) Their strategy.
(b) Their existence.
(c) Their numbers.
(d) The approach.
13. What is Lady Macbeth trying to do while she is sleeping?
(a) Kill Duncan.
(b) Put on her crown.
(c) Wash her hands.
14. Why is Macbeth not afraid of the man sworn to take revenge on him?
(a) The prophecy from the witches gives him courage.
(b) He is full of confidence.
(c) He had a dream in which he defeated this man.
(d) He knows he is stronger than the man.
15. What does the first apparition warn Macbeth against?
(a) The jealous passion of his wife.
(c) The son of Banquo.
(d) The Thane of Fife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men in Dunsinane use as camouflage?
2. Why is Macduff's birth so important to the plot?
3. Who of the following is not among the soldiers in Dunsinane?
4. What does Macbeth ask Seyton to do as the army approaches in Act 5, Scene 3?
5. What does a doctor say Lady Macbeth needs to heal?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)