|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the army in Dunsinane trying to hide with their unique camouflage?
(a) Their numbers.
(b) Their strategy.
(c) Their existence.
(d) The approach.
2. Why is Macbeth afraid when the army reaches the castle when he has been so confident until then?
(a) He didn't realize how large the army was.
(b) He feels helpless without his wife.
(c) He cannot find his good armor.
(d) The witches warnings are coming true.
3. What do the witches plan to do with that which they harvest from the moon?
(a) Envelop Macbeth in darkness.
(b) Look into the future.
(c) Create evil sprites.
(d) Cause Macbeth to sleep so that he may be murdered in his bed.
4. How was Macduff born?
(a) Ripped from his mother's womb.
(b) Born prematurely.
(c) Stillborn, and then revived.
(d) Extracted from his mother's dead corpse.
5. What makes Macbeth feel invincible in Act 5?
(a) The prophecy of the witches.
(b) The love the people have for him.
(c) His anger.
(d) His huge army.
6. What has most of Macbeth's army done while the army in Dunsinane prepares for battle?
(a) Found armor.
(b) Sent faulty information to the spies.
(d) Switched sides.
7. Why is Macduff's birth so important to the plot?
(a) His unique birth gave him strength.
(b) Macbeth and Macduff were born the same way.
(c) Macduff is related to Macbeth.
(d) Macbeth can not be killed by a man born naturally of a woman.
8. Why is Macbeth not afraid of the man sworn to take revenge on him?
(a) He is full of confidence.
(b) The prophecy from the witches gives him courage.
(c) He had a dream in which he defeated this man.
(d) He knows he is stronger than the man.
9. What were the boughs held by the army used for?
10. Where did Banquo receive 20 gashes?
(a) His stomach.
(b) His heart.
(c) His neck.
(d) His head.
11. How does Macbeth hear that Birnam Wood is moving towards the castle?
(a) His sentry tells him.
(b) A witch prophecies it to him.
(c) He sees it out his window.
(d) He sees it in a dream.
12. What does Macduff do when he hears his family has been murdered?
(a) Puts together an army of English soldiers.
(c) Puts on mourning apparel.
(d) Swears vengeance on Macbeth.
13. Who is helping Macduff when he flees after Banquo's murder?
14. Who is the first person killed by Macbeth in the battle at his castle?
(a) Young Siward.
15. What are the witches rebuked for the morning after Banquo's murder?
(a) Not warning Banquo about his impending death.
(b) Not alerting Hecate about Macbeth.
(c) Not warning Fleance about the prophecy of his kingship.
(d) Not warning Macbeth about Fleance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macbeth ask Seyton to do as the army approaches in Act 5, Scene 3?
2. After the murders of Duncan and Banquo, what do the witches view Macbeth as?
3. What does a doctor say Lady Macbeth needs to heal?
4. What is the second apparition to appear to Macbeth when he meets with the witches?
5. Who will lead the first assault on the castle in Act 5, Scene 6?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)