|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macbeth ask Seyton to do as the army approaches in Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) Send a message to the army.
(b) Prepare his armor.
(c) Rally his own troops.
(d) Protect his wife.
2. What does Ross say about Macduff after he has fled?
(a) He is noble and wise.
(b) He deserves whatever fate he gets.
(c) He has reason to fear.
(d) He is a snake and a coward.
3. Who of the following is NOT in attendance in the hall when the banquet begins in Act 3, Scene 4?
4. What do the witches do at the beginning of Act 4 when they are joined by Hecate?
(a) Begin stirring things in their cauldron.
(b) Dance and sing.
(d) Go to sleep.
5. What is Macduff doing as he flees after Banquo's death?
(a) Spreading the news of Macbeth's treachery.
(b) Plotting against Macbeth.
(c) Grieving for Duncan and Banquo.
(d) Trying to save his life.
6. What does Macbeth say he will not do when he sees two angry and armed men approach him in the castle in Act 5, Scene 8?
(a) Succumb to fear.
(c) Fall on his sword.
(d) Lose the battle.
7. What is the third apparition to appear to Macbeth when he meets with the witches?
(a) A child holding a branch.
(b) An armed head.
(c) The ghost of Duncan.
(d) A bloody child.
8. How does Macbeth feel about what his army has done while the army in Dunsinane prepares for battle?
(a) He is still confident that he will win.
(b) He is angered.
(c) He cares not at all.
(d) He is proud of their cunning.
9. What were the boughs held by the army used for?
10. How does Macbeth feel about his first killing in the battle in Act 5, Scene 7?
11. Why is Macduff's birth so important to the plot?
(a) Macduff is related to Macbeth.
(b) His unique birth gave him strength.
(c) Macbeth and Macduff were born the same way.
(d) Macbeth can not be killed by a man born naturally of a woman.
12. What does the army at Dunsinane do when they reach the castle?
(a) Begin bombarding the castle.
(c) Pound their drums.
(d) Wait for Macbeth.
13. What does Macduff tell Malcolm to do after they have both fled?
(a) Discard his fear and replace it with courage.
(b) Use his anger to find justice.
(c) Be strong and take up his sword.
(d) Replace his confusion with understanding and wisdom.
14. Where did Banquo receive 20 gashes?
(a) His head.
(b) His stomach.
(c) His neck.
(d) His heart.
15. What has caused Macbeth's fiery rage while the soldiers are all in Dunsinane?
(a) His wife's madness.
(b) The mutiny against him.
(c) His secret murders.
(d) The treachery of his friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the first scene in Act 5 take place?
2. Where did the army get the boughs they are holding?
3. What do the witches plan to do with that which they harvest from the moon?
4. Who is crowned king at the end of the play?
5. Who do the witches meet with the morning after Banquo's murder?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)