|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Macbeth not at all disturbed by the war drums?
(a) He thinks they are fighting for him.
(b) He feel protected from his enemies.
(c) He cannot hear them.
(d) He thinks they are preparing a tribute to him.
2. What does Macduff tell Malcolm to do after they have both fled?
(a) Be strong and take up his sword.
(b) Discard his fear and replace it with courage.
(c) Use his anger to find justice.
(d) Replace his confusion with understanding and wisdom.
3. What were the boughs held by the army used for?
4. What is Lady Macbeth trying to do while she is sleeping?
(a) Kill Duncan.
(c) Wash her hands.
(d) Put on her crown.
5. Where is the army at Dunsinane from?
6. What is Macbeth's title in the castle at Dunsinane?
7. How many soldiers are in Dunsinane in Act 5, Scene 3?
8. Where does the first scene in Act 5 take place?
(a) A wood.
(b) An anteroom in Macbeth's castle.
(c) Macduff's castle.
(d) An inn.
9. What does Macbath ask his doctors to do when he hears the war drums from Dunsinane?
(a) Give him an injection of strength.
(b) Stop giving him reports.
(c) Attend to his wife.
(d) Leave him and find safety.
10. What has most of Macbeth's army done while the army in Dunsinane prepares for battle?
(b) Found armor.
(c) Switched sides.
(d) Sent faulty information to the spies.
11. What do the witches plan to do with that which they harvest from the moon?
(a) Envelop Macbeth in darkness.
(b) Create evil sprites.
(c) Cause Macbeth to sleep so that he may be murdered in his bed.
(d) Look into the future.
12. What are the witches rebuked for the morning after Banquo's murder?
(a) Not warning Banquo about his impending death.
(b) Not warning Macbeth about Fleance.
(c) Not warning Fleance about the prophecy of his kingship.
(d) Not alerting Hecate about Macbeth.
13. Why is Macbeth not afraid of the man sworn to take revenge on him?
(a) The prophecy from the witches gives him courage.
(b) He knows he is stronger than the man.
(c) He had a dream in which he defeated this man.
(d) He is full of confidence.
14. What does Macduff call Macbeth as they fight?
(a) A pussycat.
(b) A child.
(c) A fool.
(d) A tyrant.
15. What does Macbeth fear his future will be after finding out the source of the shrill cry in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) Sadness and sorrow.
(b) Dusty death.
(c) Great glory.
(d) Reigning and ruling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Macbeth afraid when the army reaches the castle when he has been so confident until then?
2. What does Macbeth call his servant who tried to warn him of the encroaching army?
3. Why is Macduff's birth so important to the plot?
4. What do the men in Dunsinane use as camouflage?
5. Where did the army get the boughs they are holding?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)