|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 5, Scene 5, what does Macbeth think will happen to his enemies while he is in his castle?
(a) They will starve and suffer with ague.
(b) They will recognize his power and become allies with him.
(c) They will fear him and retreat.
(d) They will get confused and leave.
2. Where does Macduff go after Banquo's murder?
3. What are the witches doing at the beginning of Act 4?
(d) Stirring things in their cauldron.
4. In Act 4, Scene 3, what does Macduff promise Malcolm he is not?
(a) A murderer.
(b) A coward.
(c) A traitor.
(d) A noble man.
5. Who does Lennox speak to about Banquo's death?
(a) His servants.
(c) A lord.
6. Who are speaking at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) Macduff and his son.
(b) A gentlewoman and a doctor.
(c) Angus and Ross.
(d) Macbeth and his wife.
7. What does Macbeth tell the unexpected visitor to the hall at the beginning of the banquet to do?
(a) Take a seat.
(b) Stand outside.
(c) Deliver his message.
(d) Wash himself.
8. What does Malcolm tell the army to do when they reach the castle at Dunsinane?
(a) Put down their branches.
(b) Get some good rest before the action begins.
(c) Wipe off their camouflage.
(d) Chant against Macbeth.
9. What do the witches plan to show Macbeth the morning after Banquo's murder?
(a) A prophecy of lies.
(b) His destiny.
(c) His future disgrace.
(d) His sins.
10. What does Macbeth decide he must do when he sees the army at his castle in Act 5, Scene 7?
(b) Make a truce.
(c) Make a stand.
11. Who is the first person killed by Macbeth in the battle at his castle?
(d) Young Siward.
12. What do the witches plan to harvest from the moon?
(a) A key to darkness.
(b) A vaporous drop.
(c) Dust of the moon.
(d) Artificial light.
13. How many soldiers are in Dunsinane in Act 5, Scene 3?
14. Who will lead the first assault on the castle in Act 5, Scene 6?
15. How was Macduff born?
(a) Born prematurely.
(b) Extracted from his mother's dead corpse.
(c) Stillborn, and then revived.
(d) Ripped from his mother's womb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men in Dunsinane use as camouflage?
2. What does Macbeth fear his future will be after finding out the source of the shrill cry in Act 5, Scene 5?
3. Where does the first scene in Act 5 take place?
4. What is Lady Macbeth trying to do while she is sleeping?
5. What does Macduff call Macbeth as they fight?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)