|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men in Dunsinane use as camouflage?
(a) Black paint.
(c) Branches from trees in the wood.
(d) Armor from Macbeth's army.
2. How was Macduff born?
(a) Stillborn, and then revived.
(b) Ripped from his mother's womb.
(c) Extracted from his mother's dead corpse.
(d) Born prematurely.
3. In Act 5, Scene 5, what does Macbeth think will happen to his enemies while he is in his castle?
(a) They will starve and suffer with ague.
(b) They will fear him and retreat.
(c) They will get confused and leave.
(d) They will recognize his power and become allies with him.
4. Who of the following is not among the soldiers in Dunsinane?
5. What is Macduff doing as he flees after Banquo's death?
(a) Trying to save his life.
(b) Plotting against Macbeth.
(c) Spreading the news of Macbeth's treachery.
(d) Grieving for Duncan and Banquo.
6. Who is Duncan's heir?
7. Where does Macduff go after Banquo's murder?
8. In Act 4, Scene 3, what does Macduff promise Malcolm he is not?
(a) A noble man.
(b) A traitor.
(c) A murderer.
(d) A coward.
9. What is the army in Dunsinane trying to hide with their unique camouflage?
(a) Their numbers.
(b) Their existence.
(c) The approach.
(d) Their strategy.
10. What does the first apparition warn Macbeth against?
(a) The son of Banquo.
(b) The Thane of Fife.
(d) The jealous passion of his wife.
11. How do the soldiers in Dunsinane plan to purge Macbeth of his anger?
(a) Take his wife captive.
(b) Kill the traitors.
(c) Righteous war.
(d) Gentle persuasion.
12. What does Macduff do when he hears his family has been murdered?
(b) Puts together an army of English soldiers.
(c) Puts on mourning apparel.
(d) Swears vengeance on Macbeth.
13. What is the second apparition to appear to Macbeth when he meets with the witches?
(a) The ghost of Duncan.
(b) An armed head.
(c) A bloody child.
(d) A child holding a branch.
14. What does Macduff's son compare himself to when he hears that his father has fled?
(a) A dog.
(b) A snake.
(c) A bird.
(d) A tiger.
15. Why is Macbeth afraid when the army reaches the castle when he has been so confident until then?
(a) The witches warnings are coming true.
(b) He feels helpless without his wife.
(c) He didn't realize how large the army was.
(d) He cannot find his good armor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the army at Dunsinane from?
2. What does Macbeth ask Seyton to do as the army approaches in Act 5, Scene 3?
3. What were the boughs held by the army used for?
4. Why does Malcolm lie to Macduff about being a lusty man?
5. What is the first apparition to appear to Macbeth when he meets with the witches?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)