|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is crowned king at the end of the play?
2. What has most of Macbeth's army done while the army in Dunsinane prepares for battle?
(a) Found armor.
(b) Sent faulty information to the spies.
(d) Switched sides.
3. Who does Lennox speak to about Banquo's death?
(a) His servants.
(b) A lord.
4. What do the witches plan to do with that which they harvest from the moon?
(a) Create evil sprites.
(b) Look into the future.
(c) Cause Macbeth to sleep so that he may be murdered in his bed.
(d) Envelop Macbeth in darkness.
5. What does the army at Dunsinane do when they reach the castle?
(a) Begin bombarding the castle.
(b) Pound their drums.
(c) Wait for Macbeth.
6. What does Macbeth fear his future will be after finding out the source of the shrill cry in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) Reigning and ruling.
(b) Great glory.
(c) Dusty death.
(d) Sadness and sorrow.
7. What is Lady Macbeth trying to do while she is sleeping?
(a) Put on her crown.
(b) Kill Duncan.
(d) Wash her hands.
8. What makes Macbeth feel invincible in Act 5?
(a) The prophecy of the witches.
(b) His anger.
(c) The love the people have for him.
(d) His huge army.
9. What is the second apparition to appear to Macbeth when he meets with the witches?
(a) The ghost of Duncan.
(b) An armed head.
(c) A bloody child.
(d) A child holding a branch.
10. How do the soldiers in Dunsinane plan to purge Macbeth of his anger?
(a) Gentle persuasion.
(b) Righteous war.
(c) Kill the traitors.
(d) Take his wife captive.
11. How does Lady Macbeth die?
(a) Mistaken for a witch by a servant.
(b) Captured by the enemy.
12. After the murders of Duncan and Banquo, what do the witches view Macbeth as?
(a) An amusing toy.
(b) A burgeoning evil.
(c) A foolhardy man.
(d) A wayward son.
13. What does Ross say about Macduff after he has fled?
(a) He has reason to fear.
(b) He is noble and wise.
(c) He is a snake and a coward.
(d) He deserves whatever fate he gets.
14. What is the army in Dunsinane trying to hide with their unique camouflage?
(a) Their strategy.
(b) Their existence.
(c) The approach.
(d) Their numbers.
15. What has been happening to Lady Macbeth since Banquo's death?
(a) She has been sleepwalking.
(b) She has been having horrible dreams.
(c) She has been followed by Banquo's ghost.
(d) She has been having hallucinations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Macbeth afraid when the army reaches the castle when he has been so confident until then?
2. Who do the witches meet with the morning after Banquo's murder?
3. Where does the first scene in Act 5 take place?
4. What does Malcolm tell Macduff after they have both fled?
5. What does Macbeth see at the banquet that no one else does?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)