|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is helping Macduff when he flees after Banquo's murder?
2. Why is Malcom afraid to take up the crown?
(a) He fears he will be murdered.
(b) He has no knowledge of state affairs.
(c) He is too young.
(d) He has many vices.
3. Who of the following is NOT in attendance in the hall when the banquet begins in Act 3, Scene 4?
4. What does Malcolm tell the army to do when they reach the castle at Dunsinane?
(a) Wipe off their camouflage.
(b) Chant against Macbeth.
(c) Put down their branches.
(d) Get some good rest before the action begins.
5. What does the first apparition warn Macbeth against?
(a) The son of Banquo.
(b) The Thane of Fife.
(d) The jealous passion of his wife.
6. What brings Siward comfort when he hears of his son's death?
(a) Macbeth was defeated.
(b) He died quickly and painlessly.
(c) He died nobly.
(d) He honored his father.
7. Why is Macbeth afraid when the army reaches the castle when he has been so confident until then?
(a) He cannot find his good armor.
(b) The witches warnings are coming true.
(c) He didn't realize how large the army was.
(d) He feels helpless without his wife.
8. In Act 4, Scene 3, what does Macduff promise Malcolm he is not?
(a) A coward.
(b) A traitor.
(c) A noble man.
(d) A murderer.
9. What has been happening to Lady Macbeth since Banquo's death?
(a) She has been having hallucinations.
(b) She has been having horrible dreams.
(c) She has been sleepwalking.
(d) She has been followed by Banquo's ghost.
10. Where did the army get the boughs they are holding?
(a) From the forests near their homes.
(b) From trees at the castle.
(c) From Birnam wood.
(d) At Dunsinane.
11. What does a doctor say Lady Macbeth needs to heal?
(a) A priest.
(b) A physician.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Some strong medication.
12. What do the men in Dunsinane use as camouflage?
(a) Black paint.
(c) Armor from Macbeth's army.
(d) Branches from trees in the wood.
13. What were the boughs held by the army used for?
14. What is the one thing that will frighten Macbeth?
(a) The ghost of Duncan.
(b) Seeing the wood move to the castle.
(c) Hearing a bad prophecy from the witches.
(d) Seeing the Thane of Fife.
15. What is Macduff doing as he flees after Banquo's death?
(a) Spreading the news of Macbeth's treachery.
(b) Trying to save his life.
(c) Grieving for Duncan and Banquo.
(d) Plotting against Macbeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who of the following has NOT fled the country by Act 4, Scene 2?
2. What do the witches plan to harvest from the moon?
3. How do the soldiers in Dunsinane plan to purge Macbeth of his anger?
4. Where is the army at Dunsinane from?
5. What happens to Macduff's family after he has fled the country?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)