Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Macbeth's plan not fulfilled in Banquo's murder?
(a) News spreads of who did it.
(b) Banquo's son escapes.
(c) Banquo wounded his murderer before he died.
(d) Banquo was the wrong man to kill.
2. What is Lady Macbeth assured of after Banquo rides away from the castle in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Banquo will be in attendance that night.
(b) Banquo is completely unaware of their evil plots.
(c) Banquo is in alliance with Macbeth.
(d) Banquo will be killed.
3. Who of the following is NOT found in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Lady Macbeth says she has in her mind after hearing the prophecy of the witches?
(a) A serpent's cunning.
(b) Murderous intentions.
(c) Important plans.
(d) Lavish wishes.
5. Who is sent for to help the wounded sergeant in Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) A surgeon.
(c) Another soldier.
(d) A nurse.
6. What does Banquo acknowledge in his soliloquy at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) His suspicion of Macbeth.
(b) His fear of being murdered next.
(c) The truthfulness of the witches' prophecy.
(d) His grief over Duncan's death.
7. What did Macbeth do to Macdonwald?
(a) Stabbed him in the heart.
(b) Ripped him in half with his sword.
(c) Poisoned him.
(d) Cut off his head.
8. Who do the witches plan to meet after parting in Act 1, Scene 1?
9. What is so surprising about the way Lady Macbeth treats the king when he arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) She is planning his murder.
(b) It appears she has changed her mind.
(c) She should be grateful to him.
(d) She did not seem nervous before.
10. How is the Porter speaking of death when he first appears on stage?
(a) He is weeping about dead relatives of his.
(b) He is delivering a serious sermon.
(c) He is telling knock-knock jokes about death.
(d) He is whispering strange tales of ghosts and demons.
11. Who is the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
12. Where does Donalbain go after Duncan's death?
13. How does Lady Macbeth act when the king arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) Warm and inviting.
(b) Confused and nervous.
(c) Cold and harsh.
(d) Sweet and shy.
14. What gave Lady Macbeth the courage to continue with her plot in Act 2, Scene 2?
(c) A picture of a queen.
(d) Words from her husband.
15. What must the loser of the battle between Scotland and it's enemy do in order to bury their dead men?
(a) Release their prisoners.
(b) Pay a tribute.
(c) Beg for mercy.
(d) Steal the bodies in the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is this play set?
2. What is Lady Macbeth's reaction when she is told of the king's death the morning after?
3. Who does Macbeth hire after Banquo leaves the castle for the day in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
5. What does the person who escaped the ambush on Banquo in Act 3, Scene 3 do?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)