|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Macbeth's castle?
2. What title is Malcolm given after the battle is over?
(a) Duke of Greenwich.
(b) Thane of Cawdor.
(c) King of Scotland.
(d) Prince of Cumberland.
3. What does Banquo acknowledge in his soliloquy at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) His grief over Duncan's death.
(b) His suspicion of Macbeth.
(c) His fear of being murdered next.
(d) The truthfulness of the witches' prophecy.
4. in Act 1, Scene 3, what do the witches tell Macbeth he will become?
(a) The king of England.
(b) A rich duke.
(c) The leader of the army.
(d) The Thane of Cawdor.
5. What must the loser of the battle between Scotland and it's enemy do in order to bury their dead men?
(a) Beg for mercy.
(b) Steal the bodies in the night.
(c) Release their prisoners.
(d) Pay a tribute.
6. Who is the hero of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
(d) The Thane of Cawdor.
7. Where does Banquo's killer wait for him?
(a) An inn.
(b) An old cart on the road.
(c) A park.
(d) A forest.
8. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
(a) Lightning and thunder.
(b) Dark and misty.
(c) Torrential rain.
(d) Sunny and bright.
9. What does Macbeth feel that Banquo has stripped him of?
(a) His regal nature.
(b) His pride.
(c) His lineage.
(d) His victory in battle.
10. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
(a) Ambitions unto death.
(b) Deep and dark secrets.
(c) Black and deep desires.
(d) A murderous heart.
11. Who is the first to greet Duncan at Macbeth's castle?
(a) A servant.
(b) Lady Macbeth.
12. What is Macbeth's first reaction to the witches?
(a) Surprised and disgusted.
(b) Skeptical and unbelieving.
(c) Impatient and worried.
(d) Amazed and terrified.
13. How does Macbeth refer to his wife after she hears about the prophecy from the witches?
(a) His dearest partner in greatness.
(b) His bearer of future sons.
(c) His sweet queen to be.
(d) His motivation for success.
14. Who kills Banquo?
(b) Banquo's servants.
(c) Hired murderers.
15. What does a voice tell Macbeth he shall do no more after killing Duncan?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Macbeth going to be crowned king?
2. What do the witches say are their greatest pleasure in life?
3. What does the first witch do to get her revenge on the person who offended her in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. How are Banquo and Fleance related?
5. Who does Banquo think killed Duncan?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)