|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color does Macbeth say he shall make the green sea?
2. What does Lady Macbeth plan after hearing about the prophecy from the witches?
(a) A list of enemies.
(b) The murder of the king.
(c) A feast.
(d) New legislation.
3. Who kills Banquo?
(a) Hired murderers.
(d) Banquo's servants.
4. Who is sent for to help the wounded sergeant in Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) Another soldier.
(c) A surgeon.
(d) A nurse.
5. Who owns the victory of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
(a) The Norwegian King.
(b) The Thane of Cawdor.
6. How does Macbeth refer to his wife after she hears about the prophecy from the witches?
(a) His bearer of future sons.
(b) His dearest partner in greatness.
(c) His motivation for success.
(d) His sweet queen to be.
7. Who is the first person to see the king dead?
(a) Lady Macbeth.
8. What does Duncan give Lady Macbeth in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A kiss.
(b) A title.
(c) A ration of strong wine.
(d) A diamond.
9. What is Lady Macbeth assured of after Banquo rides away from the castle in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Banquo will be killed.
(b) Banquo is in alliance with Macbeth.
(c) Banquo is completely unaware of their evil plots.
(d) Banquo will be in attendance that night.
10. What is Macbeth's first reaction to the witches?
(a) Amazed and terrified.
(b) Skeptical and unbelieving.
(c) Surprised and disgusted.
(d) Impatient and worried.
11. What happens to the original Thane of Cawdor?
(a) He commits suicide rather than be taken prisoner.
(b) He is to be executed.
(c) He is killed in battle.
(d) He flees the country.
12. What does Banquo say about Macbeth's castle when he first arrives there?
(a) It is pleasant and inviting.
(b) It is larger than he had anticipated.
(c) It is fit for a king.
(d) It is dark and dreary.
13. Where is Banquo killed?
(a) At an inn.
(b) On the road.
(c) Near the palace.
(d) In a forest.
14. Which of these is NOT a guest at Macbeth's castle after the battle?
15. What does the person who escaped the ambush on Banquo in Act 3, Scene 3 do?
(a) Cry out to the village what is happening.
(b) Stands and fights.
(c) Ride away at top speed.
(d) Pretends to be dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Macbeth choose to not tell his wife after Banquo rides away from the castle in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. What does Lady Macbeth give the chamberlains to make them sleep?
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
4. How is Macbeth's plan not fulfilled in Banquo's murder?
5. in Act 1, Scene 3, what do the witches tell Macbeth he will become?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)