|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Macbeth plan after hearing about the prophecy from the witches?
(a) A list of enemies.
(b) A feast.
(c) New legislation.
(d) The murder of the king.
2. in Act 1, Scene 3, what do the witches tell Macbeth he will become?
(a) The Thane of Cawdor.
(b) The leader of the army.
(c) The king of England.
(d) A rich duke.
3. How does Banquo know that Macbeth will not remain king?
(a) He had a dream of Macbeth's assassination.
(b) Banquo's sons were prophecied to be kings.
(c) He thinks Macbeth will step down when he sees how hard it is to be king.
(d) Macbeth is sick.
4. Where is the Old Man standing when he first appears on stage?
(a) In the forest.
(b) In a dining hall.
(c) Outside Macbeth's castle.
(d) In his room.
5. Who do the witches plan to meet after parting in Act 1, Scene 1?
6. Who is sent for to help the wounded sergeant in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Another soldier.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A surgeon.
7. What do the witches vow to do at the beginning of the play?
(a) Fool the soldiers.
(b) Confuse the messengers.
(c) Kill Macbeth.
(d) Meet again.
8. What does Macbeth see in a vision just as he is about to murder the king?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A crown.
(c) A spear.
(d) A dagger.
9. Where does Donalbain go after Duncan's death?
10. How many witches are there?
11. Who does Banquo think killed Duncan?
(c) Lady Macbeth.
12. What does the person who escaped the ambush on Banquo in Act 3, Scene 3 do?
(a) Stands and fights.
(b) Pretends to be dead.
(c) Cry out to the village what is happening.
(d) Ride away at top speed.
13. Who has sole responsibility for the impending doom of Banquo?
(d) Lady Macbeth.
14. How is Lady Macbeth told of the king's murder the morning after?
(a) Macbeth informs her in private.
(b) A servant goes to her room.
(c) A bell is tolled.
(d) She sees him in his room.
15. What does the first witch do to get her revenge on the person who offended her in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Curses the soldier with blindness in his next battle.
(b) Curses the sailor with lack of sleep and fatigue.
(c) Curses the shop with bad produce and merchandice.
(d) Curses the young maiden with warts and boils.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the first characters to appear in this play?
2. What does Banquo suffer from on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
3. Where is Banquo killed?
4. What does Banquo wish to speak with Macbeth about on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
5. When do the witches want to meet?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)