|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who escapes the ambush on Banquo in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) His servants.
(b) His son.
(c) His guards.
2. How does Lady Macbeth act when the king arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) Cold and harsh.
(b) Confused and nervous.
(c) Sweet and shy.
(d) Warm and inviting.
3. Which of these is NOT a guest at Macbeth's castle after the battle?
4. What news does Macbeth choose to not tell his wife after Banquo rides away from the castle in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Banquo is unaware of their evil plots thus far.
(b) Banquo is coming to the banquet.
(c) Banquo is in alliance with them.
(d) He has a plan to kill Banquo.
5. Why is Banquo not able to attend the banquet until nightfall?
(a) He has a long ride to make.
(b) He needs some rest.
(c) He must attend to some important matters of state.
(d) He has to deliver the news of the new king ot the neighboring villages.
6. What does Macbeth feel that Banquo has stripped him of?
(a) His lineage.
(b) His victory in battle.
(c) His pride.
(d) His regal nature.
7. Where is Banquo killed?
(a) On the road.
(b) At an inn.
(c) Near the palace.
(d) In a forest.
8. Who kills Banquo?
(a) Banquo's servants.
(b) Hired murderers.
9. Who does Lady Macbeth want to frame for Duncan's murder?
(a) A servant.
(b) His chamberlains.
10. Who offends the first witch in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) A young maiden.
(b) A sailor's wife.
(c) A shopkeeper.
(d) A soldier.
11. What does Macbeth say about killing Duncan after Duncan arrives at his castle?
(a) He must not be seen as the culprit.
(b) It must be done soon.
(c) He cannot do it himself.
(d) It is not the time.
12. What kind of land is featured in Act 1, Scene 1?
13. What is so surprising about the way Lady Macbeth treats the king when he arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) She should be grateful to him.
(b) It appears she has changed her mind.
(c) She did not seem nervous before.
(d) She is planning his murder.
14. Where does Banquo's killer wait for him?
(a) A park.
(b) An inn.
(c) An old cart on the road.
(d) A forest.
15. Where is Macbeth going to be crowned king?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the sun seem to set at the beginning of the play?
2. What does Macbeth say he will have to do if he is caught murdering the king?
3. Who is to be the new Thane of Cawdor?
4. How is the Porter speaking of death when he first appears on stage?
5. How is Macbeth's plan not fulfilled in Banquo's murder?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)