|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Banquo think killed Duncan?
(c) Lady Macbeth.
2. What news does Macbeth choose to not tell his wife after Banquo rides away from the castle in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Banquo is unaware of their evil plots thus far.
(b) Banquo is in alliance with them.
(c) He has a plan to kill Banquo.
(d) Banquo is coming to the banquet.
3. How many witches are there?
4. Who does Lady Macbeth want to frame for Duncan's murder?
(a) A servant.
(c) His chamberlains.
5. What does Macbeth see in a vision just as he is about to murder the king?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A crown.
(c) A dagger.
(d) A spear.
6. Who is the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
7. What is Macbeth's first reaction to the witches?
(a) Impatient and worried.
(b) Surprised and disgusted.
(c) Amazed and terrified.
(d) Skeptical and unbelieving.
8. in Act 1, Scene 3, what do the witches tell Macbeth he will become?
(a) The Thane of Cawdor.
(b) The king of England.
(c) A rich duke.
(d) The leader of the army.
9. What does Banquo wish to speak with Macbeth about on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
(a) Lady Macbeth.
(b) The witches.
(c) The battle.
10. What do the witches sense in the air in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Something unexpected.
(b) Something astonishing.
(c) Something hopeful.
(d) Something murky.
11. How is Macbeth's plan not fulfilled in Banquo's murder?
(a) Banquo's son escapes.
(b) News spreads of who did it.
(c) Banquo wounded his murderer before he died.
(d) Banquo was the wrong man to kill.
12. What does Banquo suffer from on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
(a) Flashes of hot and cold.
(b) Horrible dreams.
(c) Bad thoughts.
(d) A terrible rash.
13. Who is the hero of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
(d) The Thane of Cawdor.
14. Who does Duncan meet as he sets up camp at the beginning of the play?
(b) A messenger.
(c) A wounded soldier.
(d) One of the witches.
15. Who kills Banquo?
(a) Hired murderers.
(d) Banquo's servants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the witches vow to do at the beginning of the play?
2. What does Macbeth feel that Banquo has stripped him of?
3. What did Macbeth do to Macdonwald?
4. What does Banquo acknowledge in his soliloquy at the beginning of Act 3?
5. How does Banquo know that Macbeth will not remain king?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)