|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lady Macbeth want to frame for Duncan's murder?
(b) A servant.
(d) His chamberlains.
2. What does the person who escaped the ambush on Banquo in Act 3, Scene 3 do?
(a) Stands and fights.
(b) Cry out to the village what is happening.
(c) Ride away at top speed.
(d) Pretends to be dead.
3. How are Malcolm and Duncan related?
(a) Malcom is Duncan's son.
(b) Malcolm and Duncan are cousins.
(c) Duncan is Malcolm's son.
(d) Malcolm is Duncan's nephew.
4. What does Banquo say about Macbeth's castle when he first arrives there?
(a) It is fit for a king.
(b) It is pleasant and inviting.
(c) It is dark and dreary.
(d) It is larger than he had anticipated.
5. Where is Banquo killed?
(a) Near the palace.
(b) On the road.
(c) In a forest.
(d) At an inn.
6. How does Banquo know that Macbeth will not remain king?
(a) Macbeth is sick.
(b) He thinks Macbeth will step down when he sees how hard it is to be king.
(c) He had a dream of Macbeth's assassination.
(d) Banquo's sons were prophecied to be kings.
7. When do the witches want to meet?
(a) At the turn of the year.
(b) The dawn before Macbeth's death.
(c) Before the sun sets.
(d) After a mighty battle.
8. What gave Lady Macbeth the courage to continue with her plot in Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) A picture of a queen.
(c) Words from her husband.
9. What did Macbeth do to Macdonwald?
(a) Stabbed him in the heart.
(b) Poisoned him.
(c) Cut off his head.
(d) Ripped him in half with his sword.
10. Who is the first person to see the king dead?
(d) Lady Macbeth.
11. How old is the Old Man?
12. in Act 1, Scene 3, what do the witches tell Macbeth he will become?
(a) The Thane of Cawdor.
(b) The leader of the army.
(c) The king of England.
(d) A rich duke.
13. What do the witches sense in the air in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Something unexpected.
(b) Something hopeful.
(c) Something astonishing.
(d) Something murky.
14. How are Banquo and Fleance related?
(a) Fleance is Banquo's father.
(b) Fleance and Banquo are brothers.
(c) Banquo is Fleance's father.
(d) Banquo is Fleance's uncle.
15. What does the first witch do to get her revenge on the person who offended her in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Curses the soldier with blindness in his next battle.
(b) Curses the sailor with lack of sleep and fatigue.
(c) Curses the shop with bad produce and merchandice.
(d) Curses the young maiden with warts and boils.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macbeth see in a vision just as he is about to murder the king?
2. What is Macbeth's first reaction to the witches?
3. Why is Banquo not able to attend the banquet until nightfall?
4. Who does Banquo think killed Duncan?
5. Who is the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)