|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Banquo suffer from on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
(a) Flashes of hot and cold.
(b) A terrible rash.
(c) Bad thoughts.
(d) Horrible dreams.
2. What is Lady Macbeth assured of after Banquo rides away from the castle in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Banquo will be killed.
(b) Banquo is in alliance with Macbeth.
(c) Banquo is completely unaware of their evil plots.
(d) Banquo will be in attendance that night.
3. Who does Lady Macbeth want to frame for Duncan's murder?
(c) A servant.
(d) His chamberlains.
4. How is Lady Macbeth told of the king's murder the morning after?
(a) A bell is tolled.
(b) She sees him in his room.
(c) Macbeth informs her in private.
(d) A servant goes to her room.
5. What does Duncan say gave Macbeth speed after the battle?
(a) Fear for the safety of his family.
(b) Joy of his new appointment.
(d) Love for his wife.
6. Who is the chief guest at Macbeth's celebration feast?
7. Who is the first person to see the king dead?
(c) Lady Macbeth.
8. What did Lennox tell Macbeth about the night of Duncan's murder?
(a) He was kept awake by strange noises and lamentations.
(b) He had horrendous dreams.
(c) He had never had a more peaceful night in his life.
(d) He felt as if he had been drugged to sleep deep.
9. Which of the following is NOT a strange anomaly seen by the old man?
(a) Owls flying at noon.
(b) Darkness at noon day.
(c) Horses eating each other.
(d) A great falcon being killed by a mousing owl.
10. Where is Macbeth going to be crowned king?
11. Who escapes the ambush on Banquo in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) His son.
(b) His guards.
(d) His servants.
12. What does Macbeth say he will have to do if he is caught murdering the king?
(a) Frame his wife.
(b) Go to prison.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Fight another war.
13. Who kills Banquo?
(a) Banquo's servants.
(d) Hired murderers.
14. How does Macbeth refer to his wife after she hears about the prophecy from the witches?
(a) His dearest partner in greatness.
(b) His bearer of future sons.
(c) His sweet queen to be.
(d) His motivation for success.
15. What title does Duncan hold?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of land is featured in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does Lady Macbeth hear shortly after the deed with Duncan is done in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What does Banquo say about Macbeth's castle when he first arrives there?
4. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
5. Which of these is NOT a guest at Macbeth's castle after the battle?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)