|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the witches anticipating at the beginning of the play?
(a) To meet their master.
(b) Something to happen on a larger scale.
(c) The death of Macbeth.
(d) The assasination of the king.
2. What does Macbeth feel that Banquo has stripped him of?
(a) His pride.
(b) His lineage.
(c) His regal nature.
(d) His victory in battle.
3. Where does Donalbain go after Duncan's death?
4. Who offends the first witch in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) A young maiden.
(b) A sailor's wife.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A shopkeeper.
5. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
(a) Torrential rain.
(b) Sunny and bright.
(c) Dark and misty.
(d) Lightning and thunder.
6. What two reasons does Macbeth give for not wanting to kill Duncan?
(a) Macbeth is his host and he is a kinsman.
(b) Lady Macbeth is crazy, and Duncan loves them both.
(c) Duncan is the king and Macbeth loves him.
(d) The prophecy will come true on its own, and he is likely to be caught.
7. What does Macbeth say about killing Duncan after Duncan arrives at his castle?
(a) He must not be seen as the culprit.
(b) It must be done soon.
(c) He cannot do it himself.
(d) It is not the time.
8. What title does Duncan hold?
9. Where is Banquo killed?
(a) At an inn.
(b) On the road.
(c) Near the palace.
(d) In a forest.
10. Who is the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
11. What did Macbeth do to Macdonwald?
(a) Poisoned him.
(b) Cut off his head.
(c) Ripped him in half with his sword.
(d) Stabbed him in the heart.
12. What does Banquo wish to speak with Macbeth about on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
(a) The witches.
(b) The battle.
(c) Lady Macbeth.
13. What does a voice tell Macbeth he shall do no more after killing Duncan?
14. Which of these is NOT a guest at Macbeth's castle after the battle?
15. What happens to the original Thane of Cawdor?
(a) He is to be executed.
(b) He flees the country.
(c) He commits suicide rather than be taken prisoner.
(d) He is killed in battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Macbeth's first reaction to the witches?
2. How many witches are there?
3. What do the witches vow to do at the beginning of the play?
4. How is Lady Macbeth told of the king's murder the morning after?
5. Who does Banquo think killed Duncan?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)