|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Banquo's killer wait for him?
(a) An old cart on the road.
(b) An inn.
(c) A forest.
(d) A park.
2. Who kills Banquo?
(b) Hired murderers.
(c) Banquo's servants.
3. Who is speaking with the Old Man when he first appears on stage?
4. What does Lady Macbeth tell her husband to do in front of the king when he comes to their home?
(a) Play the innocent.
(b) Praise his masterful mind.
(c) Get him alone.
(d) Poison him.
5. What does Macbeth ask his wife to prepare for him for after he has completed his chore in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A bed.
(b) A horse.
(c) A drink.
(d) A bath.
6. How are Malcolm and Duncan related?
(a) Malcom is Duncan's son.
(b) Malcolm is Duncan's nephew.
(c) Duncan is Malcolm's son.
(d) Malcolm and Duncan are cousins.
7. When do the witches want to meet?
(a) After a mighty battle.
(b) At the turn of the year.
(c) The dawn before Macbeth's death.
(d) Before the sun sets.
8. Who do the witches plan to meet after parting in Act 1, Scene 1?
9. What does Macbeth say he will have to do if he is caught murdering the king?
(a) Go to prison.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Frame his wife.
(d) Fight another war.
10. What does Macbeth think his wife will do after she hears of Banquo's murder?
11. How many witches are there?
12. Who does Macduff think is responsible for killing Duncan?
(b) The chamberlains.
13. Who owns the victory of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
(a) The Norwegian King.
(d) The Thane of Cawdor.
14. How is the first witch offended in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The sailor's wife will not share chestnuts with her.
(b) The young maiden calls her ugly and useless.
(c) The shopkeeper denies her money.
(d) The soldier curses her and kicks stones at her.
15. How is Lady Macbeth told of the king's murder the morning after?
(a) She sees him in his room.
(b) A bell is tolled.
(c) A servant goes to her room.
(d) Macbeth informs her in private.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is to be the new Thane of Cawdor?
2. What does Lady Macbeth plan after hearing about the prophecy from the witches?
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
4. Who is the first to greet Duncan at Macbeth's castle?
5. How is Macbeth's plan not fulfilled in Banquo's murder?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)