|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lady Macbeth want to frame for Duncan's murder?
(a) His chamberlains.
(c) A servant.
2. Who offends the first witch in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) A young maiden.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A sailor's wife.
(d) A shopkeeper.
3. Where is the Old Man standing when he first appears on stage?
(a) In the forest.
(b) Outside Macbeth's castle.
(c) In a dining hall.
(d) In his room.
4. Who does Banquo think killed Duncan?
(a) Lady Macbeth.
5. How is the Porter speaking of death when he first appears on stage?
(a) He is delivering a serious sermon.
(b) He is whispering strange tales of ghosts and demons.
(c) He is weeping about dead relatives of his.
(d) He is telling knock-knock jokes about death.
6. What happens to the original Thane of Cawdor?
(a) He commits suicide rather than be taken prisoner.
(b) He flees the country.
(c) He is to be executed.
(d) He is killed in battle.
7. How many witches are there?
8. Who is the first to greet Duncan at Macbeth's castle?
(c) Lady Macbeth.
(d) A servant.
9. Which of the following is NOT a strange anomaly seen by the old man?
(a) A great falcon being killed by a mousing owl.
(b) Owls flying at noon.
(c) Darkness at noon day.
(d) Horses eating each other.
10. What does Duncan give Lady Macbeth in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A ration of strong wine.
(b) A title.
(c) A diamond.
(d) A kiss.
11. Which of these is NOT a guest at Macbeth's castle after the battle?
12. How does Banquo know that Macbeth will not remain king?
(a) He thinks Macbeth will step down when he sees how hard it is to be king.
(b) He had a dream of Macbeth's assassination.
(c) Macbeth is sick.
(d) Banquo's sons were prophecied to be kings.
13. What two reasons does Macbeth give for not wanting to kill Duncan?
(a) Lady Macbeth is crazy, and Duncan loves them both.
(b) Duncan is the king and Macbeth loves him.
(c) The prophecy will come true on its own, and he is likely to be caught.
(d) Macbeth is his host and he is a kinsman.
14. What kind of land is featured in Act 1, Scene 1?
15. What does the first witch do to get her revenge on the person who offended her in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Curses the sailor with lack of sleep and fatigue.
(b) Curses the shop with bad produce and merchandice.
(c) Curses the young maiden with warts and boils.
(d) Curses the soldier with blindness in his next battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Macbeth's castle?
2. What is Lady Macbeth's reaction when she is told of the king's death the morning after?
3. How does Lady Macbeth act when the king arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
4. What news does Macbeth choose to not tell his wife after Banquo rides away from the castle in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. What is so surprising about the way Lady Macbeth treats the king when he arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)