|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lady Macbeth act when the king arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) Warm and inviting.
(b) Sweet and shy.
(c) Confused and nervous.
(d) Cold and harsh.
2. Who is sent for to help the wounded sergeant in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A surgeon.
(c) Another soldier.
(d) A nurse.
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
(a) He dies.
(b) He faints from loss of blood.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He is too overcome with emotion.
4. in Act 1, Scene 3, what do the witches tell Macbeth he will become?
(a) The king of England.
(b) The leader of the army.
(c) A rich duke.
(d) The Thane of Cawdor.
5. How are Banquo and Fleance related?
(a) Fleance is Banquo's father.
(b) Banquo is Fleance's father.
(c) Fleance and Banquo are brothers.
(d) Banquo is Fleance's uncle.
6. How are Malcolm and Duncan related?
(a) Malcolm is Duncan's nephew.
(b) Malcolm and Duncan are cousins.
(c) Duncan is Malcolm's son.
(d) Malcom is Duncan's son.
7. What did Lennox tell Macbeth about the night of Duncan's murder?
(a) He had horrendous dreams.
(b) He had never had a more peaceful night in his life.
(c) He was kept awake by strange noises and lamentations.
(d) He felt as if he had been drugged to sleep deep.
8. What does Macbeth ask mighty Neptune for help with?
(a) Killing Duncan.
(b) Washing blood off his hands.
(c) Resisting his wife.
(d) Becoming king.
9. What does Lady Macbeth tell her husband to do in front of the king when he comes to their home?
(a) Play the innocent.
(b) Poison him.
(c) Praise his masterful mind.
(d) Get him alone.
10. Who escapes the ambush on Banquo in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) His guards.
(b) His son.
(c) His servants.
11. Who is the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
12. How is the first witch offended in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The soldier curses her and kicks stones at her.
(b) The shopkeeper denies her money.
(c) The sailor's wife will not share chestnuts with her.
(d) The young maiden calls her ugly and useless.
13. What does Macbeth think his wife will do after she hears of Banquo's murder?
14. Who does Lady Macbeth want to frame for Duncan's murder?
(a) A servant.
(c) His chamberlains.
15. Where is Macbeth going to be crowned king?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has sole responsibility for the impending doom of Banquo?
2. How many witches are there?
3. What does Lady Macbeth give the chamberlains to make them sleep?
4. What does a voice tell Macbeth he shall do no more after killing Duncan?
5. Where does Duncan decide to camp at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)