|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the hero of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
(c) The Thane of Cawdor.
2. What are the witches anticipating at the beginning of the play?
(a) The assasination of the king.
(b) The death of Macbeth.
(c) To meet their master.
(d) Something to happen on a larger scale.
3. How is Lady Macbeth told of the king's murder the morning after?
(a) A servant goes to her room.
(b) She sees him in his room.
(c) A bell is tolled.
(d) Macbeth informs her in private.
4. How are Banquo and Fleance related?
(a) Banquo is Fleance's father.
(b) Fleance is Banquo's father.
(c) Banquo is Fleance's uncle.
(d) Fleance and Banquo are brothers.
5. What do the witches vow to do at the beginning of the play?
(a) Kill Macbeth.
(b) Confuse the messengers.
(c) Meet again.
(d) Fool the soldiers.
6. How does Macbeth refer to his wife after she hears about the prophecy from the witches?
(a) His sweet queen to be.
(b) His motivation for success.
(c) His bearer of future sons.
(d) His dearest partner in greatness.
7. What is Lady Macbeth assured of after Banquo rides away from the castle in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Banquo is in alliance with Macbeth.
(b) Banquo will be killed.
(c) Banquo is completely unaware of their evil plots.
(d) Banquo will be in attendance that night.
8. Who does Lady Macbeth want to frame for Duncan's murder?
(a) His chamberlains.
(d) A servant.
9. What does Banquo wish to speak with Macbeth about on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
(a) The battle.
(b) The witches.
(d) Lady Macbeth.
10. Who is the first to greet Duncan at Macbeth's castle?
(c) Lady Macbeth.
(d) A servant.
11. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
(a) He faints from loss of blood.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) He dies.
(d) He is too overcome with emotion.
12. What does Macbeth say he will have to do if he is caught murdering the king?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Frame his wife.
(c) Fight another war.
(d) Go to prison.
13. Who does Macduff think is responsible for killing Duncan?
(d) The chamberlains.
14. Why is Macbeth plotting to kill Banquo at all?
(a) His disloyal heart.
(b) His knowledge of his crimes.
(c) The prophecy of Banquo's sons becoming kings.
(d) A passing reference to his belief in Macbeth murdering Duncan.
15. What does Macbeth feel that Banquo has stripped him of?
(a) His victory in battle.
(b) His regal nature.
(c) His pride.
(d) His lineage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Macbeth hear shortly after the deed with Duncan is done in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What color does Macbeth say he shall make the green sea?
3. What gave Lady Macbeth the courage to continue with her plot in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What does Macbeth think his wife will do after she hears of Banquo's murder?
5. Where is Macbeth going to be crowned king?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)