|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a strange anomaly seen by the old man?
(a) Darkness at noon day.
(b) A great falcon being killed by a mousing owl.
(c) Owls flying at noon.
(d) Horses eating each other.
2. What does Macbeth say about killing Duncan after Duncan arrives at his castle?
(a) It is not the time.
(b) He cannot do it himself.
(c) It must be done soon.
(d) He must not be seen as the culprit.
3. Who does Macduff think is responsible for killing Duncan?
(c) The chamberlains.
4. What did Macbeth do to Macdonwald?
(a) Stabbed him in the heart.
(b) Cut off his head.
(c) Poisoned him.
(d) Ripped him in half with his sword.
5. What is Lady Macbeth assured of after Banquo rides away from the castle in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Banquo will be in attendance that night.
(b) Banquo is in alliance with Macbeth.
(c) Banquo is completely unaware of their evil plots.
(d) Banquo will be killed.
6. When do the witches want to meet?
(a) At the turn of the year.
(b) Before the sun sets.
(c) The dawn before Macbeth's death.
(d) After a mighty battle.
7. What gave Lady Macbeth the courage to continue with her plot in Act 2, Scene 2?
(c) A picture of a queen.
(d) Words from her husband.
8. What does Malcolm tell Duncan of the Thane of Cawdor just before the new Thane is named?
(a) He died with dignity.
(b) He ran like a dog.
(c) His men still honor him.
(d) He is still dangerous even in death.
9. How does Lady Macbeth act when the king arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) Cold and harsh.
(b) Confused and nervous.
(c) Warm and inviting.
(d) Sweet and shy.
10. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) He dies.
(c) He is too overcome with emotion.
(d) He faints from loss of blood.
11. What does Banquo wish to speak with Macbeth about on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
(b) The witches.
(c) The battle.
(d) Lady Macbeth.
12. What does Duncan say gave Macbeth speed after the battle?
(a) Love for his wife.
(b) Joy of his new appointment.
(d) Fear for the safety of his family.
13. in Act 1, Scene 3, what do the witches tell Macbeth he will become?
(a) The leader of the army.
(b) The Thane of Cawdor.
(c) A rich duke.
(d) The king of England.
14. What did Lennox tell Macbeth about the night of Duncan's murder?
(a) He was kept awake by strange noises and lamentations.
(b) He felt as if he had been drugged to sleep deep.
(c) He had never had a more peaceful night in his life.
(d) He had horrendous dreams.
15. How does Banquo know that Macbeth will not remain king?
(a) He thinks Macbeth will step down when he sees how hard it is to be king.
(b) Macbeth is sick.
(c) He had a dream of Macbeth's assassination.
(d) Banquo's sons were prophecied to be kings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Macbeth going to be crowned king?
2. Who is assisting the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
3. What does Macbeth ask mighty Neptune for help with?
4. Where does Duncan decide to camp at the beginning of the play?
5. What does Lady Macbeth give the chamberlains to make them sleep?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)