|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macbeth say he will have to do if he is caught murdering the king?
(a) Fight another war.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Frame his wife.
(d) Go to prison.
2. What does Macbeth say the people would do if Duncan were killed?
(a) Go on with their lives.
(c) Seek justice.
3. How is the Porter speaking of death when he first appears on stage?
(a) He is weeping about dead relatives of his.
(b) He is telling knock-knock jokes about death.
(c) He is whispering strange tales of ghosts and demons.
(d) He is delivering a serious sermon.
4. How is Lady Macbeth told of the king's murder the morning after?
(a) Macbeth informs her in private.
(b) She sees him in his room.
(c) A servant goes to her room.
(d) A bell is tolled.
5. What did Lennox tell Macbeth about the night of Duncan's murder?
(a) He was kept awake by strange noises and lamentations.
(b) He felt as if he had been drugged to sleep deep.
(c) He had never had a more peaceful night in his life.
(d) He had horrendous dreams.
6. What color does Macbeth say he shall make the green sea?
7. Where does Donalbain go after Duncan's death?
8. What title does Duncan hold?
9. How many witches are there?
10. How does Banquo know that Macbeth will not remain king?
(a) He thinks Macbeth will step down when he sees how hard it is to be king.
(b) Banquo's sons were prophecied to be kings.
(c) Macbeth is sick.
(d) He had a dream of Macbeth's assassination.
11. Where do the witches go after Scotland's battle is over?
(a) A heath.
(b) The sea shore.
(c) The desert.
(d) A cave.
12. Where does the sun seem to set at the beginning of the play?
(a) The witches' cauldron.
(b) The ground.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The heath.
13. How does Macbeth refer to his wife after she hears about the prophecy from the witches?
(a) His motivation for success.
(b) His dearest partner in greatness.
(c) His bearer of future sons.
(d) His sweet queen to be.
14. Who is sent for to help the wounded sergeant in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Another soldier.
(b) A surgeon.
(d) A nurse.
15. What does Macbeth feel that Banquo has stripped him of?
(a) His regal nature.
(b) His lineage.
(c) His victory in battle.
(d) His pride.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Banquo acknowledge in his soliloquy at the beginning of Act 3?
2. Why is Banquo not able to attend the banquet until nightfall?
3. What does Macbeth say about killing Duncan after Duncan arrives at his castle?
4. How does Lady Macbeth act when the king arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
5. Where does Banquo's killer wait for him?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)