|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Macbeth tell her husband to do in front of the king when he comes to their home?
(a) Play the innocent.
(b) Get him alone.
(c) Praise his masterful mind.
(d) Poison him.
2. What gave Lady Macbeth the courage to continue with her plot in Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) A picture of a queen.
(d) Words from her husband.
3. What does Lady Macbeth say she would do before breaking a promise?
(a) Kill herself.
(b) Kill her own child.
(c) Go mad.
(d) Kill her husband.
4. Who is the first to greet Duncan at Macbeth's castle?
(a) Lady Macbeth.
(c) A servant.
5. How is Lady Macbeth told of the king's murder the morning after?
(a) Macbeth informs her in private.
(b) A servant goes to her room.
(c) A bell is tolled.
(d) She sees him in his room.
6. Who is sent for to help the wounded sergeant in Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) Another soldier.
(c) A surgeon.
(d) A nurse.
7. What does the first witch do to get her revenge on the person who offended her in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Curses the shop with bad produce and merchandice.
(b) Curses the sailor with lack of sleep and fatigue.
(c) Curses the soldier with blindness in his next battle.
(d) Curses the young maiden with warts and boils.
8. Who does Banquo think killed Duncan?
(d) Lady Macbeth.
9. How are Banquo and Fleance related?
(a) Fleance and Banquo are brothers.
(b) Fleance is Banquo's father.
(c) Banquo is Fleance's father.
(d) Banquo is Fleance's uncle.
10. How is Macbeth's plan not fulfilled in Banquo's murder?
(a) News spreads of who did it.
(b) Banquo wounded his murderer before he died.
(c) Banquo was the wrong man to kill.
(d) Banquo's son escapes.
11. How are Malcolm and Duncan related?
(a) Malcolm and Duncan are cousins.
(b) Malcom is Duncan's son.
(c) Duncan is Malcolm's son.
(d) Malcolm is Duncan's nephew.
12. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
(a) He is too overcome with emotion.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) He dies.
(d) He faints from loss of blood.
13. Who escapes the ambush on Banquo in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) His servants.
(c) His son.
(d) His guards.
14. What does Banquo acknowledge in his soliloquy at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) His grief over Duncan's death.
(b) His suspicion of Macbeth.
(c) His fear of being murdered next.
(d) The truthfulness of the witches' prophecy.
15. Who is the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the sun seem to set at the beginning of the play?
2. What does Lady Macbeth hear shortly after the deed with Duncan is done in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Where do the witches go after Scotland's battle is over?
4. How does Lady Macbeth act when the king arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
5. in Act 1, Scene 3, what do the witches tell Macbeth he will become?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)