|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lady Macbeth assured of after Banquo rides away from the castle in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Banquo is completely unaware of their evil plots.
(b) Banquo will be killed.
(c) Banquo is in alliance with Macbeth.
(d) Banquo will be in attendance that night.
2. How does Lady Macbeth hear about the prophecy of the witches?
(a) One of the witches comes to tell her.
(b) Her husband writes a letter about it.
(c) She sees it in a dream.
(d) Duncan tells her about it.
3. Who kills Banquo?
(c) Banquo's servants.
(d) Hired murderers.
4. Who is assisting the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
(c) The Witches.
(d) The Thane of Cawdor.
5. What does Macbeth ask mighty Neptune for help with?
(a) Killing Duncan.
(b) Becoming king.
(c) Resisting his wife.
(d) Washing blood off his hands.
6. Who is the first to greet Duncan at Macbeth's castle?
(b) Lady Macbeth.
(d) A servant.
7. How many witches are there?
8. What did Macbeth do to Macdonwald?
(a) Stabbed him in the heart.
(b) Ripped him in half with his sword.
(c) Poisoned him.
(d) Cut off his head.
9. Where is Banquo killed?
(a) In a forest.
(b) Near the palace.
(c) At an inn.
(d) On the road.
10. Why is Macbeth plotting to kill Banquo at all?
(a) His knowledge of his crimes.
(b) A passing reference to his belief in Macbeth murdering Duncan.
(c) The prophecy of Banquo's sons becoming kings.
(d) His disloyal heart.
11. Why is Banquo not able to attend the banquet until nightfall?
(a) He needs some rest.
(b) He has to deliver the news of the new king ot the neighboring villages.
(c) He has a long ride to make.
(d) He must attend to some important matters of state.
12. Which of these is NOT a guest at Macbeth's castle after the battle?
13. What does Duncan give Lady Macbeth in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A ration of strong wine.
(b) A diamond.
(c) A title.
(d) A kiss.
14. What are the witches anticipating at the beginning of the play?
(a) The death of Macbeth.
(b) Something to happen on a larger scale.
(c) To meet their master.
(d) The assasination of the king.
15. What does Macbeth say about killing Duncan after Duncan arrives at his castle?
(a) He must not be seen as the culprit.
(b) It is not the time.
(c) He cannot do it himself.
(d) It must be done soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does Macbeth say he shall make the green sea?
2. Where is the Old Man standing when he first appears on stage?
3. Who does Macduff think is responsible for killing Duncan?
4. What does Lady Macbeth say she would do before breaking a promise?
5. What do the witches vow to do at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)