|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the chief guest at Macbeth's celebration feast?
2. What are the witches anticipating at the beginning of the play?
(a) The death of Macbeth.
(b) The assasination of the king.
(c) To meet their master.
(d) Something to happen on a larger scale.
3. Where is Macbeth going to be crowned king?
4. How is the first witch offended in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The sailor's wife will not share chestnuts with her.
(b) The shopkeeper denies her money.
(c) The young maiden calls her ugly and useless.
(d) The soldier curses her and kicks stones at her.
5. Who offends the first witch in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) A shopkeeper.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A sailor's wife.
(d) A young maiden.
6. What does the first witch do to get her revenge on the person who offended her in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Curses the soldier with blindness in his next battle.
(b) Curses the young maiden with warts and boils.
(c) Curses the shop with bad produce and merchandice.
(d) Curses the sailor with lack of sleep and fatigue.
7. What is Lady Macbeth's reaction when she is told of the king's death the morning after?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She pretends to cry.
(c) She faints.
(d) She acts shocked.
8. What did Lennox tell Macbeth about the night of Duncan's murder?
(a) He had never had a more peaceful night in his life.
(b) He was kept awake by strange noises and lamentations.
(c) He had horrendous dreams.
(d) He felt as if he had been drugged to sleep deep.
9. Who is assisting the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
(a) The Witches.
(b) The Thane of Cawdor.
10. How does Macbeth refer to his wife after she hears about the prophecy from the witches?
(a) His dearest partner in greatness.
(b) His motivation for success.
(c) His bearer of future sons.
(d) His sweet queen to be.
11. Where is the Old Man standing when he first appears on stage?
(a) In his room.
(b) In the forest.
(c) Outside Macbeth's castle.
(d) In a dining hall.
12. How does Lady Macbeth act when the king arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) Warm and inviting.
(b) Sweet and shy.
(c) Cold and harsh.
(d) Confused and nervous.
13. Who does Duncan meet as he sets up camp at the beginning of the play?
(a) A wounded soldier.
(c) A messenger.
(d) One of the witches.
14. What does Macbeth say the people would do if Duncan were killed?
(a) Go on with their lives.
(c) Seek justice.
15. What is so surprising about the way Lady Macbeth treats the king when he arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) It appears she has changed her mind.
(b) She should be grateful to him.
(c) She did not seem nervous before.
(d) She is planning his murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does Macbeth say he shall make the green sea?
2. Why is Banquo not able to attend the banquet until nightfall?
3. Who is sent for to help the wounded sergeant in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Who is speaking with the Old Man when he first appears on stage?
5. How are Malcolm and Duncan related?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)