|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two reasons does Macbeth give for not wanting to kill Duncan?
(a) Duncan is the king and Macbeth loves him.
(b) The prophecy will come true on its own, and he is likely to be caught.
(c) Macbeth is his host and he is a kinsman.
(d) Lady Macbeth is crazy, and Duncan loves them both.
2. Who of the following is NOT found in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. How are Malcolm and Duncan related?
(a) Duncan is Malcolm's son.
(b) Malcolm is Duncan's nephew.
(c) Malcom is Duncan's son.
(d) Malcolm and Duncan are cousins.
4. Who does Macduff think is responsible for killing Duncan?
(b) The chamberlains.
5. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
(a) Black and deep desires.
(b) A murderous heart.
(c) Ambitions unto death.
(d) Deep and dark secrets.
6. What does Macbeth think his wife will do after she hears of Banquo's murder?
7. What do the witches say are their greatest pleasure in life?
8. When do the witches want to meet?
(a) Before the sun sets.
(b) After a mighty battle.
(c) At the turn of the year.
(d) The dawn before Macbeth's death.
9. What is Lady Macbeth's reaction when she is told of the king's death the morning after?
(a) She pretends to cry.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She faints.
(d) She acts shocked.
10. How does Macbeth refer to his wife after she hears about the prophecy from the witches?
(a) His sweet queen to be.
(b) His bearer of future sons.
(c) His motivation for success.
(d) His dearest partner in greatness.
11. Who escapes the ambush on Banquo in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) His son.
(b) His servants.
(c) His guards.
12. What must the loser of the battle between Scotland and it's enemy do in order to bury their dead men?
(a) Pay a tribute.
(b) Release their prisoners.
(c) Steal the bodies in the night.
(d) Beg for mercy.
13. How does Banquo know that Macbeth will not remain king?
(a) Macbeth is sick.
(b) Banquo's sons were prophecied to be kings.
(c) He had a dream of Macbeth's assassination.
(d) He thinks Macbeth will step down when he sees how hard it is to be king.
14. What did Macbeth do to Macdonwald?
(a) Ripped him in half with his sword.
(b) Stabbed him in the heart.
(c) Cut off his head.
(d) Poisoned him.
15. What does the first witch do to get her revenge on the person who offended her in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Curses the shop with bad produce and merchandice.
(b) Curses the young maiden with warts and boils.
(c) Curses the sailor with lack of sleep and fatigue.
(d) Curses the soldier with blindness in his next battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macbeth say he will have to do if he is caught murdering the king?
2. What happens to the original Thane of Cawdor?
3. How does Lady Macbeth hear about the prophecy of the witches?
4. Who is the chief guest at Macbeth's celebration feast?
5. Where does Donalbain go after Duncan's death?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)