|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Macbeth going to be crowned king?
2. What kind of land is featured in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does a voice tell Macbeth he shall do no more after killing Duncan?
4. What does Lady Macbeth plan after hearing about the prophecy from the witches?
(a) New legislation.
(b) The murder of the king.
(c) A list of enemies.
(d) A feast.
5. What title does Duncan hold?
6. Who does Banquo think killed Duncan?
(d) Lady Macbeth.
7. What does the person who escaped the ambush on Banquo in Act 3, Scene 3 do?
(a) Stands and fights.
(b) Pretends to be dead.
(c) Ride away at top speed.
(d) Cry out to the village what is happening.
8. Who does Macduff think is responsible for killing Duncan?
(c) The chamberlains.
9. What does Lady Macbeth hear shortly after the deed with Duncan is done in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A bell tolling.
(b) The chamberlains yelling.
(c) An owl shriek.
(d) The hissing of a cat.
10. What does Lady Macbeth says she has in her mind after hearing the prophecy of the witches?
(a) A serpent's cunning.
(b) Lavish wishes.
(c) Murderous intentions.
(d) Important plans.
11. Who is the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
12. How does Banquo know that Macbeth will not remain king?
(a) Macbeth is sick.
(b) He had a dream of Macbeth's assassination.
(c) He thinks Macbeth will step down when he sees how hard it is to be king.
(d) Banquo's sons were prophecied to be kings.
13. What two reasons does Macbeth give for not wanting to kill Duncan?
(a) Macbeth is his host and he is a kinsman.
(b) The prophecy will come true on its own, and he is likely to be caught.
(c) Duncan is the king and Macbeth loves him.
(d) Lady Macbeth is crazy, and Duncan loves them both.
14. How old is the Old Man?
15. What does Macbeth think his wife will do after she hears of Banquo's murder?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the chief guest at Macbeth's celebration feast?
2. Who kills Banquo?
3. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
4. What does Macbeth say the people would do if Duncan were killed?
5. Who is the hero of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)