|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person who escaped the ambush on Banquo in Act 3, Scene 3 do?
(a) Cry out to the village what is happening.
(b) Pretends to be dead.
(c) Ride away at top speed.
(d) Stands and fights.
2. What does the first witch do to get her revenge on the person who offended her in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Curses the sailor with lack of sleep and fatigue.
(b) Curses the shop with bad produce and merchandice.
(c) Curses the young maiden with warts and boils.
(d) Curses the soldier with blindness in his next battle.
3. What does Macbeth say he will have to do if he is caught murdering the king?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Fight another war.
(c) Go to prison.
(d) Frame his wife.
4. Where is the Old Man standing when he first appears on stage?
(a) In a dining hall.
(b) In his room.
(c) In the forest.
(d) Outside Macbeth's castle.
5. Who does Banquo think killed Duncan?
(b) Lady Macbeth.
6. Which of the following is NOT a strange anomaly seen by the old man?
(a) Owls flying at noon.
(b) Horses eating each other.
(c) A great falcon being killed by a mousing owl.
(d) Darkness at noon day.
7. Who is the hero of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
(d) The Thane of Cawdor.
8. Where does Banquo's killer wait for him?
(a) An inn.
(b) A forest.
(c) An old cart on the road.
(d) A park.
9. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
(a) Sunny and bright.
(b) Dark and misty.
(c) Lightning and thunder.
(d) Torrential rain.
10. What do the witches vow to do at the beginning of the play?
(a) Confuse the messengers.
(b) Meet again.
(c) Fool the soldiers.
(d) Kill Macbeth.
11. Who are the first characters to appear in this play?
(b) Three Witches.
(c) Macbeth and Duncan.
12. What does Banquo wish to speak with Macbeth about on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
(b) The witches.
(c) The battle.
(d) Lady Macbeth.
13. What does Macbeth feel that Banquo has stripped him of?
(a) His victory in battle.
(b) His pride.
(c) His lineage.
(d) His regal nature.
14. What are the witches anticipating at the beginning of the play?
(a) The assasination of the king.
(b) The death of Macbeth.
(c) Something to happen on a larger scale.
(d) To meet their master.
15. Who escapes the ambush on Banquo in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) His servants.
(b) His guards.
(d) His son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Macduff think is responsible for killing Duncan?
2. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
3. How is the first witch offended in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What does Banquo suffer from on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
5. How are Malcolm and Duncan related?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)