|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the first characters to appear in this play?
(c) Macbeth and Duncan.
(d) Three Witches.
2. Who offends the first witch in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) A young maiden.
(b) A shopkeeper.
(c) A sailor's wife.
(d) A soldier.
3. Where is this play set?
4. What does Macbeth feel that Banquo has stripped him of?
(a) His victory in battle.
(b) His regal nature.
(c) His pride.
(d) His lineage.
5. What did Lennox tell Macbeth about the night of Duncan's murder?
(a) He was kept awake by strange noises and lamentations.
(b) He had horrendous dreams.
(c) He had never had a more peaceful night in his life.
(d) He felt as if he had been drugged to sleep deep.
6. Who does Macduff think is responsible for killing Duncan?
(c) The chamberlains.
7. What title does Duncan hold?
8. What does Malcolm tell Duncan of the Thane of Cawdor just before the new Thane is named?
(a) His men still honor him.
(b) He died with dignity.
(c) He ran like a dog.
(d) He is still dangerous even in death.
9. Where does Donalbain go after Duncan's death?
10. Who has sole responsibility for the impending doom of Banquo?
(b) Lady Macbeth.
11. Who does Macbeth hire after Banquo leaves the castle for the day in Act 2, Scene 1?
12. What do the witches vow to do at the beginning of the play?
(a) Fool the soldiers.
(b) Kill Macbeth.
(c) Confuse the messengers.
(d) Meet again.
13. How many witches are there?
14. Who is speaking with the Old Man when he first appears on stage?
15. Who is assisting the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
(b) The Thane of Cawdor.
(c) The Witches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Old Man standing when he first appears on stage?
2. in Act 1, Scene 3, what do the witches tell Macbeth he will become?
3. Who is sent for to help the wounded sergeant in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Macbeth think his wife will do after she hears of Banquo's murder?
5. What does Duncan say gave Macbeth speed after the battle?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)