|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lady Macbeth act when the king arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) Cold and harsh.
(b) Warm and inviting.
(c) Confused and nervous.
(d) Sweet and shy.
2. Where is Macbeth's castle?
3. Where do the witches go after Scotland's battle is over?
(a) The sea shore.
(b) A cave.
(c) The desert.
(d) A heath.
4. Who does Banquo think killed Duncan?
(d) Lady Macbeth.
5. Who does Macduff think is responsible for killing Duncan?
(b) The chamberlains.
6. Where is this play set?
7. How is the Porter speaking of death when he first appears on stage?
(a) He is telling knock-knock jokes about death.
(b) He is delivering a serious sermon.
(c) He is whispering strange tales of ghosts and demons.
(d) He is weeping about dead relatives of his.
8. What happens to the original Thane of Cawdor?
(a) He flees the country.
(b) He commits suicide rather than be taken prisoner.
(c) He is to be executed.
(d) He is killed in battle.
9. What does Banquo suffer from on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
(a) Bad thoughts.
(b) Flashes of hot and cold.
(c) A terrible rash.
(d) Horrible dreams.
10. Who is sent for to help the wounded sergeant in Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) Another soldier.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A surgeon.
11. What do the witches sense in the air in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Something hopeful.
(b) Something unexpected.
(c) Something murky.
(d) Something astonishing.
12. Why is Banquo not able to attend the banquet until nightfall?
(a) He must attend to some important matters of state.
(b) He has to deliver the news of the new king ot the neighboring villages.
(c) He needs some rest.
(d) He has a long ride to make.
13. Who is the first person to see the king dead?
(b) Lady Macbeth.
14. What does the person who escaped the ambush on Banquo in Act 3, Scene 3 do?
(a) Stands and fights.
(b) Cry out to the village what is happening.
(c) Pretends to be dead.
(d) Ride away at top speed.
15. What does Duncan give Lady Macbeth in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A title.
(b) A diamond.
(c) A ration of strong wine.
(d) A kiss.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offends the first witch in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. Why is Macbeth plotting to kill Banquo at all?
3. What does Lady Macbeth hear shortly after the deed with Duncan is done in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What is Lady Macbeth's reaction when she is told of the king's death the morning after?
5. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)