|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the witches sense in the air in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Something hopeful.
(b) Something murky.
(c) Something unexpected.
(d) Something astonishing.
2. What news does Macbeth choose to not tell his wife after Banquo rides away from the castle in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) He has a plan to kill Banquo.
(b) Banquo is unaware of their evil plots thus far.
(c) Banquo is coming to the banquet.
(d) Banquo is in alliance with them.
3. What does Macbeth see in a vision just as he is about to murder the king?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A crown.
(c) A dagger.
(d) A spear.
4. What happens to the original Thane of Cawdor?
(a) He flees the country.
(b) He is killed in battle.
(c) He is to be executed.
(d) He commits suicide rather than be taken prisoner.
5. Who owns the victory of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
(c) The Norwegian King.
(d) The Thane of Cawdor.
6. Who does Lady Macbeth want to frame for Duncan's murder?
(b) His chamberlains.
(c) A servant.
7. What does Lady Macbeth says she has in her mind after hearing the prophecy of the witches?
(a) Important plans.
(b) Murderous intentions.
(c) Lavish wishes.
(d) A serpent's cunning.
8. Where does the sun seem to set at the beginning of the play?
(a) The ocean.
(b) The ground.
(c) The heath.
(d) The witches' cauldron.
9. How does Lady Macbeth act when the king arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) Confused and nervous.
(b) Warm and inviting.
(c) Cold and harsh.
(d) Sweet and shy.
10. Where is Macbeth's castle?
11. What does Macbeth say he will have to do if he is caught murdering the king?
(a) Fight another war.
(b) Frame his wife.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Go to prison.
12. How many witches are there?
13. Who is the chief guest at Macbeth's celebration feast?
14. What does Macbeth think his wife will do after she hears of Banquo's murder?
15. Who offends the first witch in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) A shopkeeper.
(b) A young maiden.
(c) A sailor's wife.
(d) A soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so surprising about the way Lady Macbeth treats the king when he arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
2. What does Banquo say about Macbeth's castle when he first arrives there?
3. Why is Banquo not able to attend the banquet until nightfall?
4. in Act 1, Scene 3, what do the witches tell Macbeth he will become?
5. How is Macbeth's plan not fulfilled in Banquo's murder?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)