|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macbeth ask his wife to prepare for him for after he has completed his chore in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A bed.
(b) A bath.
(c) A horse.
(d) A drink.
2. Who does Lady Macbeth want to frame for Duncan's murder?
(a) His chamberlains.
(d) A servant.
3. What is Macbeth's first reaction to the witches?
(a) Surprised and disgusted.
(b) Impatient and worried.
(c) Skeptical and unbelieving.
(d) Amazed and terrified.
4. How many witches are there?
5. When do the witches want to meet?
(a) After a mighty battle.
(b) The dawn before Macbeth's death.
(c) At the turn of the year.
(d) Before the sun sets.
6. Where does Duncan decide to camp at the beginning of the play?
7. What does the person who escaped the ambush on Banquo in Act 3, Scene 3 do?
(a) Ride away at top speed.
(b) Pretends to be dead.
(c) Stands and fights.
(d) Cry out to the village what is happening.
8. Where does Banquo's killer wait for him?
(a) An inn.
(b) An old cart on the road.
(c) A forest.
(d) A park.
9. What does Lady Macbeth plan after hearing about the prophecy from the witches?
(a) New legislation.
(b) A list of enemies.
(c) A feast.
(d) The murder of the king.
10. What does Macbeth feel that Banquo has stripped him of?
(a) His pride.
(b) His regal nature.
(c) His lineage.
(d) His victory in battle.
11. Where is Macbeth's castle?
12. Which of the following is NOT a strange anomaly seen by the old man?
(a) Owls flying at noon.
(b) Horses eating each other.
(c) Darkness at noon day.
(d) A great falcon being killed by a mousing owl.
13. What are the witches anticipating at the beginning of the play?
(a) Something to happen on a larger scale.
(b) To meet their master.
(c) The death of Macbeth.
(d) The assasination of the king.
14. What does Duncan say gave Macbeth speed after the battle?
(a) Fear for the safety of his family.
(c) Joy of his new appointment.
(d) Love for his wife.
15. What title is Malcolm given after the battle is over?
(a) Thane of Cawdor.
(b) Duke of Greenwich.
(c) Prince of Cumberland.
(d) King of Scotland.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has sole responsibility for the impending doom of Banquo?
2. Who escapes the ambush on Banquo in Act 3, Scene 3?
3. Which of these is NOT a guest at Macbeth's castle after the battle?
4. Who are the first characters to appear in this play?
5. What is so surprising about the way Lady Macbeth treats the king when he arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)