|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second apparition to appear to Macbeth when he meets with the witches?
(a) A bloody child.
(b) An armed head.
(c) A child holding a branch.
(d) The ghost of Duncan.
2. What does Macbeth tell the unexpected visitor to the hall at the beginning of the banquet to do?
(a) Stand outside.
(b) Wash himself.
(c) Take a seat.
(d) Deliver his message.
3. Where does the first scene in Act 5 take place?
(a) An inn.
(b) Macduff's castle.
(c) A wood.
(d) An anteroom in Macbeth's castle.
4. What is Lady Macbeth's reaction when she is told of the king's death the morning after?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She faints.
(c) She pretends to cry.
(d) She acts shocked.
5. Who of the following has NOT fled the country by Act 4, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Donalbain go after Duncan's death?
2. How is the first witch offended in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What does Macbeth call his servant who tried to warn him of the encroaching army?
4. What is Macduff doing as he flees after Banquo's death?
5. What does Ross say about Macduff after he has fled?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)