|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is to be the new Thane of Cawdor?
2. Who is speaking with the Old Man when he first appears on stage?
3. Where is the Old Man standing when he first appears on stage?
(a) In the forest.
(b) In a dining hall.
(c) In his room.
(d) Outside Macbeth's castle.
4. What do the witches plan to show Macbeth the morning after Banquo's murder?
(a) His future disgrace.
(b) His destiny.
(c) A prophecy of lies.
(d) His sins.
5. How many soldiers are in Dunsinane in Act 5, Scene 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malcolm tell Duncan of the Thane of Cawdor just before the new Thane is named?
2. After the murders of Duncan and Banquo, what do the witches view Macbeth as?
3. What is the third apparition to appear to Macbeth when he meets with the witches?
4. What does the first apparition warn Macbeth against?
5. What does Banquo say about Macbeth's castle when he first arrives there?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)