|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the first apparition warn Macbeth against?
(a) The Thane of Fife.
(b) The jealous passion of his wife.
(c) The son of Banquo.
2. Which of the following is NOT a strange anomaly seen by the old man?
(a) A great falcon being killed by a mousing owl.
(b) Horses eating each other.
(c) Owls flying at noon.
(d) Darkness at noon day.
3. What is the army in Dunsinane trying to hide with their unique camouflage?
(a) Their existence.
(b) Their numbers.
(c) The approach.
(d) Their strategy.
4. What is the third apparition to appear to Macbeth when he meets with the witches?
(a) The ghost of Duncan.
(b) An armed head.
(c) A child holding a branch.
(d) A bloody child.
5. Where does the sun seem to set at the beginning of the play?
(a) The ground.
(b) The witches' cauldron.
(c) The heath.
(d) The ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news terrifies Macbeth at his banquet?
2. How many witches are there?
3. What title does Duncan hold?
4. Who will lead the first assault on the castle in Act 5, Scene 6?
5. Where does Macduff go after Banquo's murder?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)