|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macbeth see in a vision just as he is about to murder the king?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A spear.
(c) A dagger.
(d) A crown.
2. Why is Macbeth afraid when the army reaches the castle when he has been so confident until then?
(a) He feels helpless without his wife.
(b) He cannot find his good armor.
(c) He didn't realize how large the army was.
(d) The witches warnings are coming true.
3. What are the witches anticipating at the beginning of the play?
(a) To meet their master.
(b) Something to happen on a larger scale.
(c) The assasination of the king.
(d) The death of Macbeth.
4. Who is speaking with the Old Man when he first appears on stage?
5. What does Macbeth think his wife will do after she hears of Banquo's murder?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing that will frighten Macbeth?
2. What title does Duncan hold?
3. Where does the first scene in Act 5 take place?
4. Who is the hero of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
5. Where does Banquo's killer wait for him?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)