|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macbeth fear his future will be after finding out the source of the shrill cry in Act 5, Scene 5?
(a) Sadness and sorrow.
(b) Dusty death.
(c) Great glory.
(d) Reigning and ruling.
2. What are the witches anticipating at the beginning of the play?
(a) Something to happen on a larger scale.
(b) The assasination of the king.
(c) The death of Macbeth.
(d) To meet their master.
3. What title does Duncan hold?
4. How is the Porter speaking of death when he first appears on stage?
(a) He is delivering a serious sermon.
(b) He is weeping about dead relatives of his.
(c) He is telling knock-knock jokes about death.
(d) He is whispering strange tales of ghosts and demons.
5. How old is the Old Man?
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Macbeth feel invincible in Act 5?
2. What does Banquo acknowledge in his soliloquy at the beginning of Act 3?
3. What is Macduff doing as he flees after Banquo's death?
4. What news terrifies Macbeth at his banquet?
5. What does Duncan give Lady Macbeth in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)