|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macbeth think his wife will do after she hears of Banquo's murder?
2. What do the witches plan to harvest from the moon?
(a) Dust of the moon.
(b) A vaporous drop.
(c) A key to darkness.
(d) Artificial light.
3. What does Macbeth say about killing Duncan after Duncan arrives at his castle?
(a) He cannot do it himself.
(b) He must not be seen as the culprit.
(c) It must be done soon.
(d) It is not the time.
4. What does Lady Macbeth plan after hearing about the prophecy from the witches?
(a) The murder of the king.
(b) A list of enemies.
(c) New legislation.
(d) A feast.
5. What does Lady Macbeth says she has in her mind after hearing the prophecy of the witches?
(a) Murderous intentions.
(b) Important plans.
(c) A serpent's cunning.
(d) Lavish wishes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Macbeth feel about his first killing in the battle in Act 5, Scene 7?
2. What does a voice tell Macbeth he shall do no more after killing Duncan?
3. What is so surprising to Lady Macbeth about an old man in Act 5, Scene 1?
4. What do the witches vow to do at the beginning of the play?
5. What does Macbeth fear his future will be after finding out the source of the shrill cry in Act 5, Scene 5?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)