|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the witches plan to do with that which they harvest from the moon?
(a) Create evil sprites.
(b) Look into the future.
(c) Cause Macbeth to sleep so that he may be murdered in his bed.
(d) Envelop Macbeth in darkness.
2. What two reasons does Macbeth give for not wanting to kill Duncan?
(a) The prophecy will come true on its own, and he is likely to be caught.
(b) Macbeth is his host and he is a kinsman.
(c) Lady Macbeth is crazy, and Duncan loves them both.
(d) Duncan is the king and Macbeth loves him.
3. What is the third apparition to appear to Macbeth when he meets with the witches?
(a) An armed head.
(b) A child holding a branch.
(c) A bloody child.
(d) The ghost of Duncan.
4. What does Lady Macbeth say she would do before breaking a promise?
(a) Kill her husband.
(b) Go mad.
(c) Kill her own child.
(d) Kill herself.
5. How is the first witch offended in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The soldier curses her and kicks stones at her.
(b) The young maiden calls her ugly and useless.
(c) The shopkeeper denies her money.
(d) The sailor's wife will not share chestnuts with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macduff do when summoned by Macbeth in Act 3, Scene 6?
2. How does Macbeth feel about his first killing in the battle in Act 5, Scene 7?
3. In Act 4, Scene 3, what does Macduff promise Malcolm he is not?
4. What color does Macbeth say he shall make the green sea?
5. What does Macbeth ask mighty Neptune for help with?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)