|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the Porter speaking of death when he first appears on stage?
(a) He is whispering strange tales of ghosts and demons.
(b) He is delivering a serious sermon.
(c) He is telling knock-knock jokes about death.
(d) He is weeping about dead relatives of his.
2. Why does Malcolm lie to Macduff about being a lusty man?
(a) He enjoys a good tale.
(b) He wanted to lighten the mood.
(c) He wishes he could be that way.
(d) He is testing Macduff.
3. What is so surprising about the way Lady Macbeth treats the king when he arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) She did not seem nervous before.
(b) She should be grateful to him.
(c) She is planning his murder.
(d) It appears she has changed her mind.
4. What do the witches sense in the air in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Something murky.
(b) Something astonishing.
(c) Something unexpected.
(d) Something hopeful.
5. Who does Duncan meet as he sets up camp at the beginning of the play?
(a) One of the witches.
(b) A messenger.
(c) A wounded soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
2. Where does Donalbain go after Duncan's death?
3. What title is Malcolm given after the battle is over?
4. How does Macbeth refer to his wife after she hears about the prophecy from the witches?
5. Who is the first person to see the king dead?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)