|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color does Macbeth say he shall make the green sea?
2. What do the witches plan to do with that which they harvest from the moon?
(a) Look into the future.
(b) Cause Macbeth to sleep so that he may be murdered in his bed.
(c) Create evil sprites.
(d) Envelop Macbeth in darkness.
3. Where does Duncan decide to camp at the beginning of the play?
4. How do the soldiers in Dunsinane plan to purge Macbeth of his anger?
(a) Kill the traitors.
(b) Gentle persuasion.
(c) Take his wife captive.
(d) Righteous war.
5. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
(a) Lightning and thunder.
(b) Torrential rain.
(c) Sunny and bright.
(d) Dark and misty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macbeth say about killing Duncan after Duncan arrives at his castle?
2. What is so surprising to Lady Macbeth about an old man in Act 5, Scene 1?
3. What title does Duncan hold?
4. What does a voice tell Macbeth he shall do no more after killing Duncan?
5. What do the witches vow to do at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)