|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is assisting the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
(a) The Witches.
(c) The Thane of Cawdor.
2. What happens to Macduff's family after he has fled the country?
(a) They prepare to go see Macbeth.
(b) They are murdered.
(c) They go into hiding.
(d) They flee to join him.
3. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
(a) Lightning and thunder.
(b) Dark and misty.
(c) Sunny and bright.
(d) Torrential rain.
4. What makes Macbeth feel invincible in Act 5?
(a) His anger.
(b) The love the people have for him.
(c) His huge army.
(d) The prophecy of the witches.
5. What is so surprising to Lady Macbeth about an old man in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) How much blood he has.
(b) How easily he died.
(c) How wise he is.
(d) How loud his voice was in death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macbeth think his wife will do after she hears of Banquo's murder?
2. What does Macduff's son compare himself to when he hears that his father has fled?
3. What does Banquo say about Macbeth's castle when he first arrives there?
4. How is Macbeth's plan not fulfilled in Banquo's murder?
5. Who are speaking at the beginning of Act 5?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)