|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the witches anticipating at the beginning of the play?
(a) The assasination of the king.
(b) The death of Macbeth.
(c) Something to happen on a larger scale.
(d) To meet their master.
2. Who is assisting the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
(c) The Witches.
(d) The Thane of Cawdor.
3. What does Macbeth ask mighty Neptune for help with?
(a) Resisting his wife.
(b) Killing Duncan.
(c) Washing blood off his hands.
(d) Becoming king.
4. What is so surprising to Lady Macbeth about an old man in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) How wise he is.
(b) How loud his voice was in death.
(c) How easily he died.
(d) How much blood he has.
5. What does the first witch do to get her revenge on the person who offended her in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Curses the sailor with lack of sleep and fatigue.
(b) Curses the young maiden with warts and boils.
(c) Curses the soldier with blindness in his next battle.
(d) Curses the shop with bad produce and merchandice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macduff tell Malcolm to do after they have both fled?
2. What are the witches rebuked for the morning after Banquo's murder?
3. What does Banquo suffer from on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
4. Who is the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
5. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)