|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the witches do at the beginning of Act 4 when they are joined by Hecate?
(a) Begin stirring things in their cauldron.
(b) Dance and sing.
(d) Go to sleep.
2. What did Macbeth do to Macdonwald?
(a) Cut off his head.
(b) Poisoned him.
(c) Stabbed him in the heart.
(d) Ripped him in half with his sword.
3. What does Macbeth ask his wife to prepare for him for after he has completed his chore in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A bath.
(b) A horse.
(c) A bed.
(d) A drink.
4. What do the witches plan to do with that which they harvest from the moon?
(a) Create evil sprites.
(b) Cause Macbeth to sleep so that he may be murdered in his bed.
(c) Envelop Macbeth in darkness.
(d) Look into the future.
5. What does Lady Macbeth tell her husband to do in front of the king when he comes to their home?
(a) Get him alone.
(b) Praise his masterful mind.
(c) Play the innocent.
(d) Poison him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person who escaped the ambush on Banquo in Act 3, Scene 3 do?
2. Where does Macduff go after Banquo's murder?
3. What does Macbeth tell the unexpected visitor to the hall at the beginning of the banquet to do?
4. How are Banquo and Fleance related?
5. Who offends the first witch in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)