|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Macbeth refer to his wife after she hears about the prophecy from the witches?
(a) His sweet queen to be.
(b) His motivation for success.
(c) His dearest partner in greatness.
(d) His bearer of future sons.
2. What does the first apparition warn Macbeth against?
(a) The son of Banquo.
(b) The jealous passion of his wife.
(d) The Thane of Fife.
3. Who is helping Macduff when he flees after Banquo's murder?
4. Where is Macbeth's castle?
5. Why is Malcom afraid to take up the crown?
(a) He is too young.
(b) He has no knowledge of state affairs.
(c) He has many vices.
(d) He fears he will be murdered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gave Lady Macbeth the courage to continue with her plot in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Which of the following is NOT a strange anomaly seen by the old man?
3. Who does Macbeth hire after Banquo leaves the castle for the day in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Who are the first characters to appear in this play?
5. How does Lady Macbeth hear about the prophecy of the witches?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)