|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macbeth say he will have to do if he is caught murdering the king?
(a) Fight another war.
(b) Frame his wife.
(c) Go to prison.
(d) Kill himself.
2. How is the first witch offended in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The sailor's wife will not share chestnuts with her.
(b) The young maiden calls her ugly and useless.
(c) The shopkeeper denies her money.
(d) The soldier curses her and kicks stones at her.
3. Where is Macbeth going to be crowned king?
4. What is Lady Macbeth's reaction when she is told of the king's death the morning after?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She acts shocked.
(c) She faints.
(d) She pretends to cry.
5. Who does Lady Macbeth want to frame for Duncan's murder?
(b) His chamberlains.
(d) A servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the witches want to meet?
2. Who has sole responsibility for the impending doom of Banquo?
3. What is Lady Macbeth trying to do while she is sleeping?
4. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
5. Who of the following is NOT in attendance in the hall when the banquet begins in Act 3, Scene 4?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)