|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ross say about Macduff after he has fled?
(a) He has reason to fear.
(b) He deserves whatever fate he gets.
(c) He is noble and wise.
(d) He is a snake and a coward.
2. Who of the following is NOT in attendance in the hall when the banquet begins in Act 3, Scene 4?
3. What does the person who escaped the ambush on Banquo in Act 3, Scene 3 do?
(a) Pretends to be dead.
(b) Stands and fights.
(c) Ride away at top speed.
(d) Cry out to the village what is happening.
4. What does the first apparition warn Macbeth against?
(a) The jealous passion of his wife.
(b) The son of Banquo.
(c) The Thane of Fife.
5. Who offends the first witch in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) A sailor's wife.
(b) A shopkeeper.
(c) A young maiden.
(d) A soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the original Thane of Cawdor?
2. What is so surprising about the way Lady Macbeth treats the king when he arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
3. Who is the first to greet Duncan at Macbeth's castle?
4. What does Lady Macbeth tell her husband to do in front of the king when he comes to their home?
5. Who does Banquo think killed Duncan?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)