|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Banquo not able to attend the banquet until nightfall?
(a) He has to deliver the news of the new king ot the neighboring villages.
(b) He needs some rest.
(c) He has a long ride to make.
(d) He must attend to some important matters of state.
2. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
(a) Dark and misty.
(b) Torrential rain.
(c) Lightning and thunder.
(d) Sunny and bright.
3. What does Banquo say about Macbeth's castle when he first arrives there?
(a) It is pleasant and inviting.
(b) It is fit for a king.
(c) It is larger than he had anticipated.
(d) It is dark and dreary.
4. Who kills Banquo?
(a) Banquo's servants.
(d) Hired murderers.
5. What do the witches plan to do with that which they harvest from the moon?
(a) Envelop Macbeth in darkness.
(b) Look into the future.
(c) Cause Macbeth to sleep so that he may be murdered in his bed.
(d) Create evil sprites.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Banquo think killed Duncan?
2. Who does Duncan meet as he sets up camp at the beginning of the play?
3. Who is the hero of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
4. How does Lady Macbeth act when the king arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
5. What does the first witch do to get her revenge on the person who offended her in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)