|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the witches sense in the air in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Something hopeful.
(b) Something astonishing.
(c) Something unexpected.
(d) Something murky.
2. What does Lady Macduff say her husband's flight makes her look like?
(b) The family of a coward.
(c) A traitor.
3. How are Banquo and Fleance related?
(a) Fleance and Banquo are brothers.
(b) Banquo is Fleance's father.
(c) Fleance is Banquo's father.
(d) Banquo is Fleance's uncle.
4. Who appears at the door when the banquet first begins?
(a) A messenger.
(d) The murderer.
5. Where is the Old Man standing when he first appears on stage?
(a) Outside Macbeth's castle.
(b) In his room.
(c) In the forest.
(d) In a dining hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who of the following is not among the soldiers in Dunsinane?
2. What must the loser of the battle between Scotland and it's enemy do in order to bury their dead men?
3. What is so surprising to Lady Macbeth about an old man in Act 5, Scene 1?
4. Who is Duncan's heir?
5. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)