|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the murders of Duncan and Banquo, what do the witches view Macbeth as?
(a) An amusing toy.
(b) A wayward son.
(c) A burgeoning evil.
(d) A foolhardy man.
2. What is Lady Macbeth assured of after Banquo rides away from the castle in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Banquo is completely unaware of their evil plots.
(b) Banquo will be killed.
(c) Banquo is in alliance with Macbeth.
(d) Banquo will be in attendance that night.
3. What happens to Macduff's family after he has fled the country?
(a) They prepare to go see Macbeth.
(b) They are murdered.
(c) They flee to join him.
(d) They go into hiding.
4. What is the third apparition to appear to Macbeth when he meets with the witches?
(a) A child holding a branch.
(b) An armed head.
(c) The ghost of Duncan.
(d) A bloody child.
5. Where does Macduff go after Banquo's murder?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Banquo not able to attend the banquet until nightfall?
2. Which of these is NOT a guest at Macbeth's castle after the battle?
3. What did Lennox tell Macbeth about the night of Duncan's murder?
4. How are Malcolm and Duncan related?
5. What title is Malcolm given after the battle is over?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)