|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is to be the new Thane of Cawdor?
2. Who is the hero of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
(c) The Thane of Cawdor.
3. What do the witches plan to show Macbeth the morning after Banquo's murder?
(a) A prophecy of lies.
(b) His future disgrace.
(c) His destiny.
(d) His sins.
4. What is the first apparition to appear to Macbeth when he meets with the witches?
(a) A child holding a branch.
(b) A bloody child.
(c) The ghost of Duncan.
(d) An armed head.
5. What is the second apparition to appear to Macbeth when he meets with the witches?
(a) A bloody child.
(b) A child holding a branch.
(c) An armed head.
(d) The ghost of Duncan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Macduff think is responsible for killing Duncan?
2. What is Macduff doing as he flees after Banquo's death?
3. How does Lady Macbeth hear about the prophecy of the witches?
4. Where is this play set?
5. Who does Duncan meet as he sets up camp at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)