|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Banquo think killed Duncan?
(b) Lady Macbeth.
2. What does Banquo wish to speak with Macbeth about on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
(a) Lady Macbeth.
(b) The witches.
(c) The battle.
3. What do the witches vow to do at the beginning of the play?
(a) Meet again.
(b) Kill Macbeth.
(c) Confuse the messengers.
(d) Fool the soldiers.
4. Who offends the first witch in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) A shopkeeper.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A young maiden.
(d) A sailor's wife.
5. How are Banquo and Fleance related?
(a) Banquo is Fleance's father.
(b) Fleance is Banquo's father.
(c) Banquo is Fleance's uncle.
(d) Fleance and Banquo are brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the witches anticipating at the beginning of the play?
2. What kind of land is featured in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does the first apparition warn Macbeth against?
4. What does Lady Macbeth hear shortly after the deed with Duncan is done in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Who has sole responsibility for the impending doom of Banquo?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)