|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who of the following is NOT in attendance in the hall when the banquet begins in Act 3, Scene 4?
2. What is Macbeth's first reaction to the witches?
(a) Amazed and terrified.
(b) Impatient and worried.
(c) Surprised and disgusted.
(d) Skeptical and unbelieving.
3. What do the witches plan to do with that which they harvest from the moon?
(a) Cause Macbeth to sleep so that he may be murdered in his bed.
(b) Envelop Macbeth in darkness.
(c) Look into the future.
(d) Create evil sprites.
4. What do the witches say are their greatest pleasure in life?
5. How are Banquo and Fleance related?
(a) Banquo is Fleance's uncle.
(b) Banquo is Fleance's father.
(c) Fleance is Banquo's father.
(d) Fleance and Banquo are brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Macbeth plan after hearing about the prophecy from the witches?
2. How does Banquo know that Macbeth will not remain king?
3. Why is Macbeth plotting to kill Banquo at all?
4. Who does Lady Macbeth want to frame for Duncan's murder?
5. What is the first apparition to appear to Macbeth when he meets with the witches?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)