|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Macduff think is responsible for killing Duncan?
(a) The chamberlains.
2. What do the witches say are their greatest pleasure in life?
3. What are the witches anticipating at the beginning of the play?
(a) To meet their master.
(b) The assasination of the king.
(c) Something to happen on a larger scale.
(d) The death of Macbeth.
4. What are the witches rebuked for the morning after Banquo's murder?
(a) Not warning Banquo about his impending death.
(b) Not alerting Hecate about Macbeth.
(c) Not warning Macbeth about Fleance.
(d) Not warning Fleance about the prophecy of his kingship.
5. What does Banquo say about Macbeth's castle when he first arrives there?
(a) It is larger than he had anticipated.
(b) It is fit for a king.
(c) It is dark and dreary.
(d) It is pleasant and inviting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macbeth tell the unexpected visitor to the hall at the beginning of the banquet to do?
2. What does Lady Macbeth tell her husband to do in front of the king when he comes to their home?
3. Who is assisting the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
4. How are Banquo and Fleance related?
5. What two reasons does Macbeth give for not wanting to kill Duncan?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)