|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who of the following has NOT fled the country by Act 4, Scene 2?
2. What happens to Macduff's family after he has fled the country?
(a) They flee to join him.
(b) They prepare to go see Macbeth.
(c) They are murdered.
(d) They go into hiding.
3. What does Duncan give Lady Macbeth in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A ration of strong wine.
(b) A title.
(c) A diamond.
(d) A kiss.
4. Why is Banquo not able to attend the banquet until nightfall?
(a) He must attend to some important matters of state.
(b) He has to deliver the news of the new king ot the neighboring villages.
(c) He needs some rest.
(d) He has a long ride to make.
5. What does Macbeth see at the banquet that no one else does?
(a) The three witches.
(b) Banquo's ghost.
(c) Blood in the wine.
(d) A procession of devils.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person to see the king dead?
2. What kind of land is featured in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
4. What does Macbeth tell the unexpected visitor to the hall at the beginning of the banquet to do?
5. How old is the Old Man?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)