|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macduff do when summoned by Macbeth in Act 3, Scene 6?
(a) Pretends to not hear.
(b) Threatens his life.
(c) Refuses to come.
(d) Challenges him to a duel.
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
(a) He faints from loss of blood.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) He is too overcome with emotion.
(d) He dies.
3. What are the witches rebuked for the morning after Banquo's murder?
(a) Not alerting Hecate about Macbeth.
(b) Not warning Banquo about his impending death.
(c) Not warning Macbeth about Fleance.
(d) Not warning Fleance about the prophecy of his kingship.
4. Where is Banquo killed?
(a) At an inn.
(b) In a forest.
(c) On the road.
(d) Near the palace.
5. What does Lady Macbeth hear shortly after the deed with Duncan is done in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The chamberlains yelling.
(b) A bell tolling.
(c) An owl shriek.
(d) The hissing of a cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Banquo suffer from on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
2. What does Macbeth feel that Banquo has stripped him of?
3. Who of the following has NOT fled the country by Act 4, Scene 2?
4. Who is the first person to see the king dead?
5. Who of the following is NOT found in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)