|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Macduff go after Banquo's murder?
2. Who appears at the door when the banquet first begins?
(b) A messenger.
(d) The murderer.
3. What two reasons does Macbeth give for not wanting to kill Duncan?
(a) Lady Macbeth is crazy, and Duncan loves them both.
(b) The prophecy will come true on its own, and he is likely to be caught.
(c) Duncan is the king and Macbeth loves him.
(d) Macbeth is his host and he is a kinsman.
4. Who has sole responsibility for the impending doom of Banquo?
(c) Lady Macbeth.
5. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
(a) Ambitions unto death.
(b) A murderous heart.
(c) Black and deep desires.
(d) Deep and dark secrets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the witches go after Scotland's battle is over?
2. What does Macduff's son compare himself to when he hears that his father has fled?
3. How are Banquo and Fleance related?
4. What does Ross say about Macduff after he has fled?
5. in Act 1, Scene 3, what do the witches tell Macbeth he will become?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)