|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the third apparition to appear to Macbeth when he meets with the witches?
(a) An armed head.
(b) A child holding a branch.
(c) The ghost of Duncan.
(d) A bloody child.
2. Where do the witches go after Scotland's battle is over?
(a) The sea shore.
(b) A heath.
(c) The desert.
(d) A cave.
3. What does Lady Macbeth say she would do before breaking a promise?
(a) Kill her husband.
(b) Kill herself.
(c) Go mad.
(d) Kill her own child.
4. Why is Banquo not able to attend the banquet until nightfall?
(a) He needs some rest.
(b) He must attend to some important matters of state.
(c) He has a long ride to make.
(d) He has to deliver the news of the new king ot the neighboring villages.
5. Who is with Lady Macduff in her castle when she hears her husband has fled?
(a) Her servants.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Duncan meet as he sets up camp at the beginning of the play?
2. What must the loser of the battle between Scotland and it's enemy do in order to bury their dead men?
3. What does the first witch do to get her revenge on the person who offended her in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. After the murders of Duncan and Banquo, what do the witches view Macbeth as?
5. What do the witches vow to do at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)