|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has sole responsibility for the impending doom of Banquo?
(a) Lady Macbeth.
2. What does Malcolm tell Duncan of the Thane of Cawdor just before the new Thane is named?
(a) His men still honor him.
(b) He ran like a dog.
(c) He is still dangerous even in death.
(d) He died with dignity.
3. How does Banquo know that Macbeth will not remain king?
(a) Banquo's sons were prophecied to be kings.
(b) He thinks Macbeth will step down when he sees how hard it is to be king.
(c) He had a dream of Macbeth's assassination.
(d) Macbeth is sick.
4. What does Lady Macduff say her husband's flight makes her look like?
(b) A traitor.
(d) The family of a coward.
5. What does Ross say about Macduff after he has fled?
(a) He deserves whatever fate he gets.
(b) He is a snake and a coward.
(c) He has reason to fear.
(d) He is noble and wise.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
2. What is the third apparition to appear to Macbeth when he meets with the witches?
3. Who appears at the door when the banquet first begins?
4. What does Lady Macbeth plan after hearing about the prophecy from the witches?
5. Where is this play set?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)