|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Macbeth refer to his wife after she hears about the prophecy from the witches?
(a) His sweet queen to be.
(b) His motivation for success.
(c) His bearer of future sons.
(d) His dearest partner in greatness.
2. What title is Malcolm given after the battle is over?
(a) King of Scotland.
(b) Duke of Greenwich.
(c) Thane of Cawdor.
(d) Prince of Cumberland.
3. How are Malcolm and Duncan related?
(a) Malcolm is Duncan's nephew.
(b) Duncan is Malcolm's son.
(c) Malcom is Duncan's son.
(d) Malcolm and Duncan are cousins.
4. What does Macbeth ask mighty Neptune for help with?
(a) Killing Duncan.
(b) Washing blood off his hands.
(c) Resisting his wife.
(d) Becoming king.
5. What is the third apparition to appear to Macbeth when he meets with the witches?
(a) The ghost of Duncan.
(b) A bloody child.
(c) A child holding a branch.
(d) An armed head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the witches plan to harvest from the moon?
2. What does Macbeth see at the banquet that no one else does?
3. Who is to be the new Thane of Cawdor?
4. How does Lady Macbeth hear about the prophecy of the witches?
5. How is Lady Macbeth told of the king's murder the morning after?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)