|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Macbeth give the chamberlains to make them sleep?
(b) A lot of food.
(d) Pretty music.
2. How is the first witch offended in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The soldier curses her and kicks stones at her.
(b) The young maiden calls her ugly and useless.
(c) The shopkeeper denies her money.
(d) The sailor's wife will not share chestnuts with her.
3. How are Malcolm and Duncan related?
(a) Malcolm is Duncan's nephew.
(b) Duncan is Malcolm's son.
(c) Malcolm and Duncan are cousins.
(d) Malcom is Duncan's son.
4. Who does Duncan meet as he sets up camp at the beginning of the play?
(b) One of the witches.
(c) A wounded soldier.
(d) A messenger.
5. What kind of land is featured in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the Old Man?
2. How does Macbeth refer to his wife after she hears about the prophecy from the witches?
3. What does Lady Macbeth hear shortly after the deed with Duncan is done in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What is Macbeth's first reaction to the witches?
5. What gave Lady Macbeth the courage to continue with her plot in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)