|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is so surprising about the way Lady Macbeth treats the king when he arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) It appears she has changed her mind.
(b) She is planning his murder.
(c) She should be grateful to him.
(d) She did not seem nervous before.
2. Who does Macduff think is responsible for killing Duncan?
(c) The chamberlains.
3. How are Malcolm and Duncan related?
(a) Duncan is Malcolm's son.
(b) Malcom is Duncan's son.
(c) Malcolm is Duncan's nephew.
(d) Malcolm and Duncan are cousins.
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) He faints from loss of blood.
(c) He dies.
(d) He is too overcome with emotion.
5. When do the witches want to meet?
(a) Before the sun sets.
(b) After a mighty battle.
(c) At the turn of the year.
(d) The dawn before Macbeth's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the Old Man?
2. What is Lady Macbeth's reaction when she is told of the king's death the morning after?
3. Where does the sun seem to set at the beginning of the play?
4. What does Macbeth feel that Banquo has stripped him of?
5. What do the witches vow to do at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)