|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is speaking with the Old Man when he first appears on stage?
2. Where is Macbeth's castle?
3. Where is this play set?
4. What does Duncan give Lady Macbeth in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A kiss.
(b) A ration of strong wine.
(c) A title.
(d) A diamond.
5. How does Macbeth refer to his wife after she hears about the prophecy from the witches?
(a) His dearest partner in greatness.
(b) His motivation for success.
(c) His sweet queen to be.
(d) His bearer of future sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Banquo wish to speak with Macbeth about on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
2. Which of these is NOT a guest at Macbeth's castle after the battle?
3. What does Banquo acknowledge in his soliloquy at the beginning of Act 3?
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
5. What does Lady Macbeth say she would do before breaking a promise?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)