|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a strange anomaly seen by the old man?
(a) Horses eating each other.
(b) Darkness at noon day.
(c) Owls flying at noon.
(d) A great falcon being killed by a mousing owl.
2. Why is Banquo not able to attend the banquet until nightfall?
(a) He has to deliver the news of the new king ot the neighboring villages.
(b) He has a long ride to make.
(c) He must attend to some important matters of state.
(d) He needs some rest.
3. Who does Macbeth hire after Banquo leaves the castle for the day in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Who is the first to greet Duncan at Macbeth's castle?
(b) Lady Macbeth.
(d) A servant.
5. Who is to be the new Thane of Cawdor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the witches plan to meet after parting in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. How does Lady Macbeth hear about the prophecy of the witches?
3. Where is the Old Man standing when he first appears on stage?
4. What must the loser of the battle between Scotland and it's enemy do in order to bury their dead men?
5. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)