|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the witches plan to meet after parting in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What gave Lady Macbeth the courage to continue with her plot in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A picture of a queen.
(d) Words from her husband.
3. What do the witches say are their greatest pleasure in life?
4. Who owns the victory of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
(a) The Thane of Cawdor.
(c) The Norwegian King.
5. Where does the sun seem to set at the beginning of the play?
(a) The heath.
(b) The ocean.
(c) The ground.
(d) The witches' cauldron.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malcolm tell Duncan of the Thane of Cawdor just before the new Thane is named?
2. What does Lady Macbeth tell her husband to do in front of the king when he comes to their home?
3. What does Banquo say about Macbeth's castle when he first arrives there?
4. What does the first witch do to get her revenge on the person who offended her in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. What must the loser of the battle between Scotland and it's enemy do in order to bury their dead men?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)