|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. in Act 1, Scene 3, what do the witches tell Macbeth he will become?
(a) The king of England.
(b) The leader of the army.
(c) The Thane of Cawdor.
(d) A rich duke.
2. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
(a) Black and deep desires.
(b) Ambitions unto death.
(c) Deep and dark secrets.
(d) A murderous heart.
3. What do the witches say are their greatest pleasure in life?
4. What do the witches vow to do at the beginning of the play?
(a) Confuse the messengers.
(b) Kill Macbeth.
(c) Meet again.
(d) Fool the soldiers.
5. Who is to be the new Thane of Cawdor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Macbeth's castle?
2. What is Lady Macbeth's reaction when she is told of the king's death the morning after?
3. What does Macbeth ask his wife to prepare for him for after he has completed his chore in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What color does Macbeth say he shall make the green sea?
5. What must the loser of the battle between Scotland and it's enemy do in order to bury their dead men?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)