|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Malcolm and Duncan related?
(a) Malcolm and Duncan are cousins.
(b) Malcolm is Duncan's nephew.
(c) Malcom is Duncan's son.
(d) Duncan is Malcolm's son.
2. How does Lady Macbeth act when the king arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) Confused and nervous.
(b) Sweet and shy.
(c) Cold and harsh.
(d) Warm and inviting.
3. What does Lady Macbeth hear shortly after the deed with Duncan is done in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) An owl shriek.
(b) The hissing of a cat.
(c) A bell tolling.
(d) The chamberlains yelling.
4. Who does Macbeth hire after Banquo leaves the castle for the day in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What does Lady Macbeth plan after hearing about the prophecy from the witches?
(a) A feast.
(b) A list of enemies.
(c) The murder of the king.
(d) New legislation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is speaking with the Old Man when he first appears on stage?
2. Why is Banquo not able to attend the banquet until nightfall?
3. What do the witches vow to do at the beginning of the play?
4. Who do the witches plan to meet after parting in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What did Lennox tell Macbeth about the night of Duncan's murder?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)