|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macbeth say about killing Duncan after Duncan arrives at his castle?
(a) It is not the time.
(b) He must not be seen as the culprit.
(c) It must be done soon.
(d) He cannot do it himself.
2. Why is Banquo not able to attend the banquet until nightfall?
(a) He must attend to some important matters of state.
(b) He has a long ride to make.
(c) He has to deliver the news of the new king ot the neighboring villages.
(d) He needs some rest.
3. What does Lady Macbeth say she would do before breaking a promise?
(a) Kill her husband.
(b) Kill herself.
(c) Kill her own child.
(d) Go mad.
4. Which of the following is NOT a strange anomaly seen by the old man?
(a) Darkness at noon day.
(b) A great falcon being killed by a mousing owl.
(c) Owls flying at noon.
(d) Horses eating each other.
5. What does Macbeth say he will have to do if he is caught murdering the king?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Fight another war.
(c) Go to prison.
(d) Frame his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the first witch do to get her revenge on the person who offended her in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. Who is the first to greet Duncan at Macbeth's castle?
3. Who is the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
4. What does Macbeth ask his wife to prepare for him for after he has completed his chore in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Where does Donalbain go after Duncan's death?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)