|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Donalbain go after Duncan's death?
2. How is the Porter speaking of death when he first appears on stage?
(a) He is whispering strange tales of ghosts and demons.
(b) He is telling knock-knock jokes about death.
(c) He is delivering a serious sermon.
(d) He is weeping about dead relatives of his.
3. What does Macbeth ask his wife to prepare for him for after he has completed his chore in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A bath.
(b) A bed.
(c) A drink.
(d) A horse.
4. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
(a) Deep and dark secrets.
(b) Ambitions unto death.
(c) A murderous heart.
(d) Black and deep desires.
5. What does Duncan say gave Macbeth speed after the battle?
(b) Fear for the safety of his family.
(c) Joy of his new appointment.
(d) Love for his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of land is featured in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Where does the sun seem to set at the beginning of the play?
3. What color does Macbeth say he shall make the green sea?
4. What does Lady Macbeth hear shortly after the deed with Duncan is done in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Who do the witches plan to meet after parting in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)