|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Duncan decide to camp at the beginning of the play?
2. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
(a) Deep and dark secrets.
(b) Ambitions unto death.
(c) Black and deep desires.
(d) A murderous heart.
3. What do the witches say are their greatest pleasure in life?
4. What does Malcolm tell Duncan of the Thane of Cawdor just before the new Thane is named?
(a) He died with dignity.
(b) He ran like a dog.
(c) His men still honor him.
(d) He is still dangerous even in death.
5. What does Lady Macbeth tell her husband to do in front of the king when he comes to their home?
(a) Poison him.
(b) Praise his masterful mind.
(c) Play the innocent.
(d) Get him alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Banquo not able to attend the banquet until nightfall?
2. Who of the following is NOT found in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does Macbeth ask his wife to prepare for him for after he has completed his chore in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What does Banquo suffer from on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
5. Who is the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)