|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Macbeth say she would do before breaking a promise?
(a) Kill herself.
(b) Go mad.
(c) Kill her husband.
(d) Kill her own child.
2. What does Duncan say gave Macbeth speed after the battle?
(a) Love for his wife.
(b) Joy of his new appointment.
(d) Fear for the safety of his family.
3. What does Lady Macbeth says she has in her mind after hearing the prophecy of the witches?
(a) A serpent's cunning.
(b) Murderous intentions.
(c) Important plans.
(d) Lavish wishes.
4. What does the first witch do to get her revenge on the person who offended her in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Curses the soldier with blindness in his next battle.
(b) Curses the sailor with lack of sleep and fatigue.
(c) Curses the shop with bad produce and merchandice.
(d) Curses the young maiden with warts and boils.
5. What does a voice tell Macbeth he shall do no more after killing Duncan?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the Porter speaking of death when he first appears on stage?
2. Which of the following is NOT a strange anomaly seen by the old man?
3. What did Lennox tell Macbeth about the night of Duncan's murder?
4. Who does Duncan meet as he sets up camp at the beginning of the play?
5. Who is sent for to help the wounded sergeant in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)