|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What title is Malcolm given after the battle is over?
(a) King of Scotland.
(b) Prince of Cumberland.
(c) Thane of Cawdor.
(d) Duke of Greenwich.
2. What two reasons does Macbeth give for not wanting to kill Duncan?
(a) The prophecy will come true on its own, and he is likely to be caught.
(b) Lady Macbeth is crazy, and Duncan loves them both.
(c) Duncan is the king and Macbeth loves him.
(d) Macbeth is his host and he is a kinsman.
3. Who of the following is NOT found in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What are the witches anticipating at the beginning of the play?
(a) To meet their master.
(b) The assasination of the king.
(c) Something to happen on a larger scale.
(d) The death of Macbeth.
5. Where do the witches go after Scotland's battle is over?
(a) A heath.
(b) The sea shore.
(c) A cave.
(d) The desert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lady Macbeth's reaction when she is told of the king's death the morning after?
2. What does Lady Macbeth tell her husband to do in front of the king when he comes to their home?
3. Who is the chief guest at Macbeth's celebration feast?
4. How is the first witch offended in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. When do the witches want to meet?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)