|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lady Macbeth act when the king arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) Warm and inviting.
(b) Cold and harsh.
(c) Sweet and shy.
(d) Confused and nervous.
2. What do the witches say are their greatest pleasure in life?
3. What did Lennox tell Macbeth about the night of Duncan's murder?
(a) He had never had a more peaceful night in his life.
(b) He was kept awake by strange noises and lamentations.
(c) He had horrendous dreams.
(d) He felt as if he had been drugged to sleep deep.
4. What does a voice tell Macbeth he shall do no more after killing Duncan?
5. What does Macbeth say about killing Duncan after Duncan arrives at his castle?
(a) It must be done soon.
(b) He must not be seen as the culprit.
(c) It is not the time.
(d) He cannot do it himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macbeth say he will have to do if he is caught murdering the king?
2. What does Lady Macbeth tell her husband to do in front of the king when he comes to their home?
3. Who is to be the new Thane of Cawdor?
4. What does Macbeth see in a vision just as he is about to murder the king?
5. What does Malcolm tell Duncan of the Thane of Cawdor just before the new Thane is named?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)