|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. in Act 1, Scene 3, what do the witches tell Macbeth he will become?
(a) The Thane of Cawdor.
(b) A rich duke.
(c) The leader of the army.
(d) The king of England.
2. How is the Porter speaking of death when he first appears on stage?
(a) He is delivering a serious sermon.
(b) He is weeping about dead relatives of his.
(c) He is whispering strange tales of ghosts and demons.
(d) He is telling knock-knock jokes about death.
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
(a) He is too overcome with emotion.
(b) He dies.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He faints from loss of blood.
4. Who is the hero of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
(c) The Thane of Cawdor.
5. Who of the following is NOT found in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Macbeth give the chamberlains to make them sleep?
2. Which of the following is NOT a strange anomaly seen by the old man?
3. What happens to the original Thane of Cawdor?
4. Who is the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
5. Who is the first person to see the king dead?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)