|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the first witch offended in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The shopkeeper denies her money.
(b) The soldier curses her and kicks stones at her.
(c) The sailor's wife will not share chestnuts with her.
(d) The young maiden calls her ugly and useless.
2. How is Lady Macbeth told of the king's murder the morning after?
(a) Macbeth informs her in private.
(b) She sees him in his room.
(c) A bell is tolled.
(d) A servant goes to her room.
3. Where does Duncan decide to camp at the beginning of the play?
4. What do the witches say are their greatest pleasure in life?
5. Who does Macduff think is responsible for killing Duncan?
(b) The chamberlains.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Banquo know that Macbeth will not remain king?
2. Who is the chief guest at Macbeth's celebration feast?
3. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
4. What does Macbeth ask mighty Neptune for help with?
5. What kind of land is featured in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)