|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macbeth say about killing Duncan after Duncan arrives at his castle?
(a) He cannot do it himself.
(b) It is not the time.
(c) It must be done soon.
(d) He must not be seen as the culprit.
2. What is Lady Macbeth's reaction when she is told of the king's death the morning after?
(a) She faints.
(b) She pretends to cry.
(c) She acts shocked.
(d) She laughs.
3. Where does Duncan decide to camp at the beginning of the play?
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
(a) He faints from loss of blood.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) He is too overcome with emotion.
(d) He dies.
5. How does Lady Macbeth hear about the prophecy of the witches?
(a) Her husband writes a letter about it.
(b) Duncan tells her about it.
(c) One of the witches comes to tell her.
(d) She sees it in a dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Banquo say about Macbeth's castle when he first arrives there?
2. When do the witches want to meet?
3. How does Banquo know that Macbeth will not remain king?
4. in Act 1, Scene 3, what do the witches tell Macbeth he will become?
5. Who is the first person to see the king dead?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)