|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Macbeth hear shortly after the deed with Duncan is done in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The chamberlains yelling.
(b) An owl shriek.
(c) A bell tolling.
(d) The hissing of a cat.
2. How is the Porter speaking of death when he first appears on stage?
(a) He is whispering strange tales of ghosts and demons.
(b) He is delivering a serious sermon.
(c) He is weeping about dead relatives of his.
(d) He is telling knock-knock jokes about death.
3. Which of the following is NOT a strange anomaly seen by the old man?
(a) Owls flying at noon.
(b) Darkness at noon day.
(c) A great falcon being killed by a mousing owl.
(d) Horses eating each other.
4. What does Lady Macbeth plan after hearing about the prophecy from the witches?
(a) The murder of the king.
(b) New legislation.
(c) A list of enemies.
(d) A feast.
5. What does Macbeth say about killing Duncan after Duncan arrives at his castle?
(a) It must be done soon.
(b) He cannot do it himself.
(c) It is not the time.
(d) He must not be seen as the culprit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the witches anticipating at the beginning of the play?
2. What does Lady Macbeth says she has in her mind after hearing the prophecy of the witches?
3. How are Malcolm and Duncan related?
4. What is Macbeth's first reaction to the witches?
5. What does Macbeth say the people would do if Duncan were killed?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)