|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Duncan meet as he sets up camp at the beginning of the play?
(a) One of the witches.
(c) A messenger.
(d) A wounded soldier.
2. Where is Macbeth's castle?
3. Where is Macbeth going to be crowned king?
4. What two reasons does Macbeth give for not wanting to kill Duncan?
(a) Duncan is the king and Macbeth loves him.
(b) Macbeth is his host and he is a kinsman.
(c) Lady Macbeth is crazy, and Duncan loves them both.
(d) The prophecy will come true on its own, and he is likely to be caught.
5. Who is assisting the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
(a) The Witches.
(d) The Thane of Cawdor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the original Thane of Cawdor?
2. How does Macbeth refer to his wife after she hears about the prophecy from the witches?
3. What does a voice tell Macbeth he shall do no more after killing Duncan?
4. What must the loser of the battle between Scotland and it's enemy do in order to bury their dead men?
5. What does Duncan say gave Macbeth speed after the battle?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)