|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Malcolm and Duncan related?
(a) Duncan is Malcolm's son.
(b) Malcolm and Duncan are cousins.
(c) Malcom is Duncan's son.
(d) Malcolm is Duncan's nephew.
2. How is the Porter speaking of death when he first appears on stage?
(a) He is weeping about dead relatives of his.
(b) He is whispering strange tales of ghosts and demons.
(c) He is delivering a serious sermon.
(d) He is telling knock-knock jokes about death.
3. in Act 1, Scene 3, what do the witches tell Macbeth he will become?
(a) The king of England.
(b) The Thane of Cawdor.
(c) A rich duke.
(d) The leader of the army.
4. How old is the Old Man?
5. Who is speaking with the Old Man when he first appears on stage?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Duncan decide to camp at the beginning of the play?
2. How are Banquo and Fleance related?
3. What are the witches anticipating at the beginning of the play?
4. What does Banquo acknowledge in his soliloquy at the beginning of Act 3?
5. What happens to the original Thane of Cawdor?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)