|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the sun seem to set at the beginning of the play?
(a) The ocean.
(b) The ground.
(c) The heath.
(d) The witches' cauldron.
2. How does Macbeth refer to his wife after she hears about the prophecy from the witches?
(a) His sweet queen to be.
(b) His motivation for success.
(c) His bearer of future sons.
(d) His dearest partner in greatness.
3. What does the first witch do to get her revenge on the person who offended her in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Curses the sailor with lack of sleep and fatigue.
(b) Curses the shop with bad produce and merchandice.
(c) Curses the soldier with blindness in his next battle.
(d) Curses the young maiden with warts and boils.
4. Who is to be the new Thane of Cawdor?
5. Who is the first to greet Duncan at Macbeth's castle?
(a) A servant.
(b) Lady Macbeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
2. What does Macbeth say he will have to do if he is caught murdering the king?
3. What is so surprising about the way Lady Macbeth treats the king when he arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
4. Where do the witches go after Scotland's battle is over?
5. What title is Malcolm given after the battle is over?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)