|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Banquo say about Macbeth's castle when he first arrives there?
(a) It is pleasant and inviting.
(b) It is dark and dreary.
(c) It is larger than he had anticipated.
(d) It is fit for a king.
2. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
(a) Ambitions unto death.
(b) Deep and dark secrets.
(c) A murderous heart.
(d) Black and deep desires.
3. How does Macbeth refer to his wife after she hears about the prophecy from the witches?
(a) His bearer of future sons.
(b) His dearest partner in greatness.
(c) His motivation for success.
(d) His sweet queen to be.
4. Which of these is NOT a guest at Macbeth's castle after the battle?
5. Who does Duncan meet as he sets up camp at the beginning of the play?
(a) One of the witches.
(b) A messenger.
(c) A wounded soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Macbeth say she would do before breaking a promise?
2. What does Macbeth say he will have to do if he is caught murdering the king?
3. What are the witches anticipating at the beginning of the play?
4. in Act 1, Scene 3, what do the witches tell Macbeth he will become?
5. How does Lady Macbeth hear about the prophecy of the witches?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)