|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What title does Duncan hold?
2. in Act 1, Scene 3, what do the witches tell Macbeth he will become?
(a) A rich duke.
(b) The leader of the army.
(c) The Thane of Cawdor.
(d) The king of England.
3. Where do the witches go after Scotland's battle is over?
(a) A heath.
(b) A cave.
(c) The sea shore.
(d) The desert.
4. Who is the first to greet Duncan at Macbeth's castle?
(a) Lady Macbeth.
(c) A servant.
5. What do the witches vow to do at the beginning of the play?
(a) Kill Macbeth.
(b) Fool the soldiers.
(c) Confuse the messengers.
(d) Meet again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the hero of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
2. What does Macbeth ask his wife to prepare for him for after he has completed his chore in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What does Duncan give Lady Macbeth in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What is Lady Macbeth's reaction when she is told of the king's death the morning after?
5. What are the witches anticipating at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)