|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Macbeth refer to his wife after she hears about the prophecy from the witches?
(a) His motivation for success.
(b) His dearest partner in greatness.
(c) His sweet queen to be.
(d) His bearer of future sons.
2. What gave Lady Macbeth the courage to continue with her plot in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A picture of a queen.
(d) Words from her husband.
3. What does Duncan say gave Macbeth speed after the battle?
(a) Love for his wife.
(b) Fear for the safety of his family.
(d) Joy of his new appointment.
4. Who owns the victory of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
(b) The Norwegian King.
(d) The Thane of Cawdor.
5. Who is the first person to see the king dead?
(b) Lady Macbeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the first witch offended in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. Who does Duncan meet as he sets up camp at the beginning of the play?
3. in Act 1, Scene 3, what do the witches tell Macbeth he will become?
4. Who is to be the new Thane of Cawdor?
5. How are Banquo and Fleance related?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)