|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the first characters to appear in this play?
(b) Macbeth and Duncan.
(c) Three Witches.
2. How does Lady Macbeth act when the king arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) Cold and harsh.
(b) Warm and inviting.
(c) Confused and nervous.
(d) Sweet and shy.
3. What does Macbeth say the people would do if Duncan were killed?
(b) Seek justice.
(d) Go on with their lives.
4. How is the first witch offended in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The shopkeeper denies her money.
(b) The soldier curses her and kicks stones at her.
(c) The young maiden calls her ugly and useless.
(d) The sailor's wife will not share chestnuts with her.
5. What does Macbeth ask mighty Neptune for help with?
(a) Becoming king.
(b) Washing blood off his hands.
(c) Resisting his wife.
(d) Killing Duncan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Macbeth give the chamberlains to make them sleep?
2. What is Lady Macbeth's reaction when she is told of the king's death the morning after?
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
4. Who is sent for to help the wounded sergeant in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does a voice tell Macbeth he shall do no more after killing Duncan?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)