|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Macbeth give the chamberlains to make them sleep?
(a) Pretty music.
(d) A lot of food.
2. What does Lady Macbeth hear shortly after the deed with Duncan is done in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A bell tolling.
(b) The chamberlains yelling.
(c) An owl shriek.
(d) The hissing of a cat.
3. What does Lady Macbeth say she would do before breaking a promise?
(a) Kill her own child.
(b) Go mad.
(c) Kill herself.
(d) Kill her husband.
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
(a) He faints from loss of blood.
(b) He is too overcome with emotion.
(c) He dies.
(d) He falls asleep.
5. How does Lady Macbeth act when the king arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) Sweet and shy.
(b) Confused and nervous.
(c) Cold and harsh.
(d) Warm and inviting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gave Lady Macbeth the courage to continue with her plot in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Where is this play set?
3. What does Lady Macbeth tell her husband to do in front of the king when he comes to their home?
4. Where is Macbeth's castle?
5. What does Macbeth see in a vision just as he is about to murder the king?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)