|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the original Thane of Cawdor?
(a) He is killed in battle.
(b) He flees the country.
(c) He commits suicide rather than be taken prisoner.
(d) He is to be executed.
2. Who is assisting the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
(a) The Witches.
(d) The Thane of Cawdor.
3. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
(a) Ambitions unto death.
(b) Deep and dark secrets.
(c) A murderous heart.
(d) Black and deep desires.
4. When do the witches want to meet?
(a) The dawn before Macbeth's death.
(b) Before the sun sets.
(c) At the turn of the year.
(d) After a mighty battle.
5. What do the witches vow to do at the beginning of the play?
(a) Fool the soldiers.
(b) Meet again.
(c) Confuse the messengers.
(d) Kill Macbeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Macbeth's first reaction to the witches?
2. Who is the first person to see the king dead?
3. Which of these is NOT a guest at Macbeth's castle after the battle?
4. What is so surprising about the way Lady Macbeth treats the king when he arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
5. What kind of land is featured in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)