|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macbeth ask mighty Neptune for help with?
(a) Killing Duncan.
(b) Becoming king.
(c) Washing blood off his hands.
(d) Resisting his wife.
2. Which of these is NOT a guest at Macbeth's castle after the battle?
3. How does Lady Macbeth hear about the prophecy of the witches?
(a) Her husband writes a letter about it.
(b) Duncan tells her about it.
(c) One of the witches comes to tell her.
(d) She sees it in a dream.
4. Where does Duncan decide to camp at the beginning of the play?
5. Who does Duncan meet as he sets up camp at the beginning of the play?
(b) A wounded soldier.
(c) A messenger.
(d) One of the witches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the witches vow to do at the beginning of the play?
2. What do the witches sense in the air in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What is Macbeth's first reaction to the witches?
4. What does Duncan give Lady Macbeth in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What does Banquo suffer from on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)