|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lennox tell Macbeth about the night of Duncan's murder?
(a) He had horrendous dreams.
(b) He had never had a more peaceful night in his life.
(c) He felt as if he had been drugged to sleep deep.
(d) He was kept awake by strange noises and lamentations.
2. What does Lady Macbeth says she has in her mind after hearing the prophecy of the witches?
(a) Murderous intentions.
(b) A serpent's cunning.
(c) Important plans.
(d) Lavish wishes.
3. What does Banquo wish to speak with Macbeth about on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
(a) The witches.
(c) The battle.
(d) Lady Macbeth.
4. How does Macbeth refer to his wife after she hears about the prophecy from the witches?
(a) His motivation for success.
(b) His sweet queen to be.
(c) His dearest partner in greatness.
(d) His bearer of future sons.
5. What do the witches say are their greatest pleasure in life?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Macbeth's first reaction to the witches?
2. How does Lady Macbeth act when the king arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
4. Who are the first characters to appear in this play?
5. What two reasons does Macbeth give for not wanting to kill Duncan?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)