|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macbeth say the people would do if Duncan were killed?
(a) Go on with their lives.
(d) Seek justice.
2. What does Malcolm tell Duncan of the Thane of Cawdor just before the new Thane is named?
(a) He ran like a dog.
(b) He is still dangerous even in death.
(c) His men still honor him.
(d) He died with dignity.
3. Where does Duncan decide to camp at the beginning of the play?
4. Who is assisting the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
(b) The Thane of Cawdor.
(d) The Witches.
5. What two reasons does Macbeth give for not wanting to kill Duncan?
(a) The prophecy will come true on its own, and he is likely to be caught.
(b) Macbeth is his host and he is a kinsman.
(c) Lady Macbeth is crazy, and Duncan loves them both.
(d) Duncan is the king and Macbeth loves him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Macbeth plan after hearing about the prophecy from the witches?
2. Who does Duncan meet as he sets up camp at the beginning of the play?
3. What color does Macbeth say he shall make the green sea?
4. How are Banquo and Fleance related?
5. How are Malcolm and Duncan related?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)