|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lennox tell Macbeth about the night of Duncan's murder?
(a) He had never had a more peaceful night in his life.
(b) He felt as if he had been drugged to sleep deep.
(c) He had horrendous dreams.
(d) He was kept awake by strange noises and lamentations.
2. Who is the first to greet Duncan at Macbeth's castle?
(a) A servant.
(b) Lady Macbeth.
3. What does Lady Macbeth plan after hearing about the prophecy from the witches?
(a) A feast.
(b) A list of enemies.
(c) New legislation.
(d) The murder of the king.
4. What does Lady Macbeth says she has in her mind after hearing the prophecy of the witches?
(a) Lavish wishes.
(b) A serpent's cunning.
(c) Murderous intentions.
(d) Important plans.
5. What do the witches vow to do at the beginning of the play?
(a) Fool the soldiers.
(b) Meet again.
(c) Kill Macbeth.
(d) Confuse the messengers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
2. What does Banquo wish to speak with Macbeth about on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
3. What two reasons does Macbeth give for not wanting to kill Duncan?
4. What does Banquo suffer from on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
5. What does Macbeth ask his wife to prepare for him for after he has completed his chore in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)