|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the witches sense in the air in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Something unexpected.
(b) Something astonishing.
(c) Something murky.
(d) Something hopeful.
2. How is the first witch offended in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The sailor's wife will not share chestnuts with her.
(b) The young maiden calls her ugly and useless.
(c) The shopkeeper denies her money.
(d) The soldier curses her and kicks stones at her.
3. Where do the witches go after Scotland's battle is over?
(a) A cave.
(b) The desert.
(c) A heath.
(d) The sea shore.
4. Where does Donalbain go after Duncan's death?
5. Who is the first person to see the king dead?
(d) Lady Macbeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gave Lady Macbeth the courage to continue with her plot in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What title is Malcolm given after the battle is over?
3. in Act 1, Scene 3, what do the witches tell Macbeth he will become?
4. Who is assisting the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
5. What does Macbeth ask his wife to prepare for him for after he has completed his chore in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)