|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the witches go after Scotland's battle is over?
(a) A cave.
(b) The desert.
(c) The sea shore.
(d) A heath.
2. What does Macbeth ask mighty Neptune for help with?
(a) Becoming king.
(b) Killing Duncan.
(c) Resisting his wife.
(d) Washing blood off his hands.
3. What color does Macbeth say he shall make the green sea?
4. What do the witches sense in the air in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Something hopeful.
(b) Something astonishing.
(c) Something murky.
(d) Something unexpected.
5. What does Lady Macbeth plan after hearing about the prophecy from the witches?
(a) New legislation.
(b) A list of enemies.
(c) The murder of the king.
(d) A feast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macbeth say the people would do if Duncan were killed?
2. Who are the first characters to appear in this play?
3. What must the loser of the battle between Scotland and it's enemy do in order to bury their dead men?
4. Who does Duncan meet as he sets up camp at the beginning of the play?
5. How is Lady Macbeth told of the king's murder the morning after?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)