|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color does Macbeth say he shall make the green sea?
2. What do the witches sense in the air in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Something astonishing.
(b) Something hopeful.
(c) Something unexpected.
(d) Something murky.
3. How is the Porter speaking of death when he first appears on stage?
(a) He is telling knock-knock jokes about death.
(b) He is delivering a serious sermon.
(c) He is whispering strange tales of ghosts and demons.
(d) He is weeping about dead relatives of his.
4. What does Macbeth say about killing Duncan after Duncan arrives at his castle?
(a) It is not the time.
(b) He must not be seen as the culprit.
(c) It must be done soon.
(d) He cannot do it himself.
5. How are Banquo and Fleance related?
(a) Banquo is Fleance's father.
(b) Fleance and Banquo are brothers.
(c) Fleance is Banquo's father.
(d) Banquo is Fleance's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Macbeth's castle?
2. Who is assisting the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
3. Who is to be the new Thane of Cawdor?
4. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
5. How does Lady Macbeth act when the king arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)