|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the witches say are their greatest pleasure in life?
2. What is Macbeth's first reaction to the witches?
(a) Amazed and terrified.
(b) Skeptical and unbelieving.
(c) Impatient and worried.
(d) Surprised and disgusted.
3. How is the first witch offended in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The soldier curses her and kicks stones at her.
(b) The sailor's wife will not share chestnuts with her.
(c) The young maiden calls her ugly and useless.
(d) The shopkeeper denies her money.
4. What does Banquo suffer from on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
(a) Bad thoughts.
(b) A terrible rash.
(c) Flashes of hot and cold.
(d) Horrible dreams.
5. Who is the first to greet Duncan at Macbeth's castle?
(b) A servant.
(c) Lady Macbeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lady Macbeth's reaction when she is told of the king's death the morning after?
2. What does Macbeth say about killing Duncan after Duncan arrives at his castle?
3. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
4. How is Lady Macbeth told of the king's murder the morning after?
5. Where is Macbeth's castle?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)