|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lennox tell Macbeth about the night of Duncan's murder?
(a) He had horrendous dreams.
(b) He had never had a more peaceful night in his life.
(c) He was kept awake by strange noises and lamentations.
(d) He felt as if he had been drugged to sleep deep.
2. Who are the first characters to appear in this play?
(a) Macbeth and Duncan.
(c) Three Witches.
3. How is the first witch offended in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The sailor's wife will not share chestnuts with her.
(b) The shopkeeper denies her money.
(c) The soldier curses her and kicks stones at her.
(d) The young maiden calls her ugly and useless.
4. What does Banquo suffer from on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
(a) Horrible dreams.
(b) Flashes of hot and cold.
(c) A terrible rash.
(d) Bad thoughts.
5. What gave Lady Macbeth the courage to continue with her plot in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A picture of a queen.
(c) Words from her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is assisting the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
2. What does Banquo say about Macbeth's castle when he first arrives there?
3. What does Duncan say gave Macbeth speed after the battle?
4. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
5. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)