|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
(a) Lightning and thunder.
(b) Sunny and bright.
(c) Torrential rain.
(d) Dark and misty.
2. How many witches are there?
3. What does Malcolm tell Duncan of the Thane of Cawdor just before the new Thane is named?
(a) He died with dignity.
(b) He is still dangerous even in death.
(c) He ran like a dog.
(d) His men still honor him.
4. What color does Macbeth say he shall make the green sea?
5. Where does Donalbain go after Duncan's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the witches plan to meet after parting in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What gave Lady Macbeth the courage to continue with her plot in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What does Lady Macbeth says she has in her mind after hearing the prophecy of the witches?
4. What is Lady Macbeth's reaction when she is told of the king's death the morning after?
5. What does Macbeth ask mighty Neptune for help with?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)