|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two reasons does Macbeth give for not wanting to kill Duncan?
(a) Duncan is the king and Macbeth loves him.
(b) The prophecy will come true on its own, and he is likely to be caught.
(c) Lady Macbeth is crazy, and Duncan loves them both.
(d) Macbeth is his host and he is a kinsman.
2. Who offends the first witch in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A sailor's wife.
(c) A young maiden.
(d) A shopkeeper.
3. Who of the following is NOT found in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What is so surprising about the way Lady Macbeth treats the king when he arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) It appears she has changed her mind.
(b) She is planning his murder.
(c) She should be grateful to him.
(d) She did not seem nervous before.
5. Who is the first to greet Duncan at Macbeth's castle?
(a) A servant.
(d) Lady Macbeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the first witch offended in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
3. Who is the hero of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
4. Who are the first characters to appear in this play?
5. What do the witches say are their greatest pleasure in life?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)