|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the witches want to meet?
(a) The dawn before Macbeth's death.
(b) At the turn of the year.
(c) Before the sun sets.
(d) After a mighty battle.
2. Who is assisting the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
(c) The Thane of Cawdor.
(d) The Witches.
3. How is the first witch offended in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The young maiden calls her ugly and useless.
(b) The sailor's wife will not share chestnuts with her.
(c) The soldier curses her and kicks stones at her.
(d) The shopkeeper denies her money.
4. What does Malcolm tell Duncan of the Thane of Cawdor just before the new Thane is named?
(a) His men still honor him.
(b) He ran like a dog.
(c) He is still dangerous even in death.
(d) He died with dignity.
5. What does Lady Macbeth say she would do before breaking a promise?
(a) Kill herself.
(b) Kill her own child.
(c) Go mad.
(d) Kill her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Macbeth do to Macdonwald?
2. What does Lady Macbeth tell her husband to do in front of the king when he comes to their home?
3. What does Duncan say gave Macbeth speed after the battle?
4. Which of these is NOT a guest at Macbeth's castle after the battle?
5. What does Macbeth say he will have to do if he is caught murdering the king?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)