|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the witches plan to meet after parting in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Where do the witches go after Scotland's battle is over?
(a) The sea shore.
(b) A cave.
(c) The desert.
(d) A heath.
3. What does Duncan say gave Macbeth speed after the battle?
(a) Fear for the safety of his family.
(b) Joy of his new appointment.
(c) Love for his wife.
4. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
(a) Deep and dark secrets.
(b) A murderous heart.
(c) Black and deep desires.
(d) Ambitions unto death.
5. When do the witches want to meet?
(a) After a mighty battle.
(b) Before the sun sets.
(c) At the turn of the year.
(d) The dawn before Macbeth's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Banquo say about Macbeth's castle when he first arrives there?
2. Who are the first characters to appear in this play?
3. Which of these is NOT a guest at Macbeth's castle after the battle?
4. What title does Duncan hold?
5. How is the first witch offended in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)