|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Macbeth plan after hearing about the prophecy from the witches?
(a) A feast.
(b) New legislation.
(c) A list of enemies.
(d) The murder of the king.
2. Where is Macbeth's castle?
3. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
(a) Lightning and thunder.
(b) Sunny and bright.
(c) Dark and misty.
(d) Torrential rain.
4. What must the loser of the battle between Scotland and it's enemy do in order to bury their dead men?
(a) Steal the bodies in the night.
(b) Pay a tribute.
(c) Beg for mercy.
(d) Release their prisoners.
5. What does Lady Macbeth say she would do before breaking a promise?
(a) Go mad.
(b) Kill her husband.
(c) Kill herself.
(d) Kill her own child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Duncan decide to camp at the beginning of the play?
2. How are Malcolm and Duncan related?
3. How does Lady Macbeth hear about the prophecy of the witches?
4. What does Malcolm tell Duncan of the Thane of Cawdor just before the new Thane is named?
5. What does Macbeth say the people would do if Duncan were killed?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)