|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
(a) Torrential rain.
(b) Sunny and bright.
(c) Lightning and thunder.
(d) Dark and misty.
2. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
(a) Deep and dark secrets.
(b) Ambitions unto death.
(c) Black and deep desires.
(d) A murderous heart.
3. Who offends the first witch in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) A sailor's wife.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A shopkeeper.
(d) A young maiden.
4. What do the witches sense in the air in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Something hopeful.
(b) Something murky.
(c) Something unexpected.
(d) Something astonishing.
5. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
(a) He dies.
(b) He faints from loss of blood.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He is too overcome with emotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is to be the new Thane of Cawdor?
2. How is the first witch offended in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What does Macbeth say the people would do if Duncan were killed?
4. What do the witches vow to do at the beginning of the play?
5. Who is the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)