|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two reasons does Macbeth give for not wanting to kill Duncan?
(a) Duncan is the king and Macbeth loves him.
(b) Macbeth is his host and he is a kinsman.
(c) Lady Macbeth is crazy, and Duncan loves them both.
(d) The prophecy will come true on its own, and he is likely to be caught.
2. What does Malcolm tell Duncan of the Thane of Cawdor just before the new Thane is named?
(a) He ran like a dog.
(b) He is still dangerous even in death.
(c) He died with dignity.
(d) His men still honor him.
3. How many witches are there?
4. How are Malcolm and Duncan related?
(a) Malcom is Duncan's son.
(b) Duncan is Malcolm's son.
(c) Malcolm is Duncan's nephew.
(d) Malcolm and Duncan are cousins.
5. Who does Duncan meet as he sets up camp at the beginning of the play?
(b) A messenger.
(c) One of the witches.
(d) A wounded soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the witches go after Scotland's battle is over?
2. What does the first witch do to get her revenge on the person who offended her in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What does Macbeth say he will have to do if he is caught murdering the king?
4. How does Macbeth refer to his wife after she hears about the prophecy from the witches?
5. Where does the sun seem to set at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)