|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first to greet Duncan at Macbeth's castle?
(b) Lady Macbeth.
(c) A servant.
2. Where do the witches go after Scotland's battle is over?
(a) A cave.
(b) A heath.
(c) The desert.
(d) The sea shore.
3. What are the witches anticipating at the beginning of the play?
(a) The assasination of the king.
(b) The death of Macbeth.
(c) Something to happen on a larger scale.
(d) To meet their master.
4. What two reasons does Macbeth give for not wanting to kill Duncan?
(a) Lady Macbeth is crazy, and Duncan loves them both.
(b) The prophecy will come true on its own, and he is likely to be caught.
(c) Macbeth is his host and he is a kinsman.
(d) Duncan is the king and Macbeth loves him.
5. Who is the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who of the following is NOT found in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What did Macbeth do to Macdonwald?
3. How are Malcolm and Duncan related?
4. What is so surprising about the way Lady Macbeth treats the king when he arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
5. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)