|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first to greet Duncan at Macbeth's castle?
(c) A servant.
(d) Lady Macbeth.
2. What does Lady Macbeth says she has in her mind after hearing the prophecy of the witches?
(a) A serpent's cunning.
(b) Murderous intentions.
(c) Important plans.
(d) Lavish wishes.
3. What two reasons does Macbeth give for not wanting to kill Duncan?
(a) Lady Macbeth is crazy, and Duncan loves them both.
(b) Macbeth is his host and he is a kinsman.
(c) The prophecy will come true on its own, and he is likely to be caught.
(d) Duncan is the king and Macbeth loves him.
4. Who offends the first witch in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A young maiden.
(c) A shopkeeper.
(d) A sailor's wife.
5. How does Lady Macbeth act when the king arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) Confused and nervous.
(b) Warm and inviting.
(c) Sweet and shy.
(d) Cold and harsh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who of the following is NOT found in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Who is the hero of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
3. What is so surprising about the way Lady Macbeth treats the king when he arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
4. What does Lady Macbeth say she would do before breaking a promise?
5. What happens to the original Thane of Cawdor?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)