|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lady Macbeth act when the king arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) Sweet and shy.
(b) Confused and nervous.
(c) Warm and inviting.
(d) Cold and harsh.
2. Who is sent for to help the wounded sergeant in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A nurse.
(b) Another soldier.
(d) A surgeon.
3. What do the witches say are their greatest pleasure in life?
4. How is the first witch offended in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The young maiden calls her ugly and useless.
(b) The sailor's wife will not share chestnuts with her.
(c) The shopkeeper denies her money.
(d) The soldier curses her and kicks stones at her.
5. Who is assisting the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
(b) The Thane of Cawdor.
(c) The Witches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the witches anticipating at the beginning of the play?
2. What do the witches vow to do at the beginning of the play?
3. What two reasons does Macbeth give for not wanting to kill Duncan?
4. What did Macbeth do to Macdonwald?
5. What does Lady Macbeth plan after hearing about the prophecy from the witches?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)