|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the witches anticipating at the beginning of the play?
(a) The assasination of the king.
(b) The death of Macbeth.
(c) To meet their master.
(d) Something to happen on a larger scale.
2. What is so surprising about the way Lady Macbeth treats the king when he arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) It appears she has changed her mind.
(b) She did not seem nervous before.
(c) She should be grateful to him.
(d) She is planning his murder.
3. Where does Duncan decide to camp at the beginning of the play?
4. What title is Malcolm given after the battle is over?
(a) Duke of Greenwich.
(b) Thane of Cawdor.
(c) King of Scotland.
(d) Prince of Cumberland.
5. What do the witches vow to do at the beginning of the play?
(a) Fool the soldiers.
(b) Meet again.
(c) Confuse the messengers.
(d) Kill Macbeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the first witch do to get her revenge on the person who offended her in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. Who do the witches plan to meet after parting in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What do the witches say are their greatest pleasure in life?
4. When do the witches want to meet?
5. Who does Duncan meet as he sets up camp at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)