|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is to be the new Thane of Cawdor?
2. How many witches are there?
3. How does Lady Macbeth act when the king arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) Cold and harsh.
(b) Confused and nervous.
(c) Sweet and shy.
(d) Warm and inviting.
4. What happens to the original Thane of Cawdor?
(a) He flees the country.
(b) He is killed in battle.
(c) He is to be executed.
(d) He commits suicide rather than be taken prisoner.
5. What does Macbeth say he will have to do if he is caught murdering the king?
(a) Frame his wife.
(b) Go to prison.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Fight another war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the witches go after Scotland's battle is over?
2. Who do the witches plan to meet after parting in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Who is the first to greet Duncan at Macbeth's castle?
4. What does Lady Macbeth says she has in her mind after hearing the prophecy of the witches?
5. Who is assisting the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)