|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is so surprising about the way Lady Macbeth treats the king when he arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) She is planning his murder.
(b) She did not seem nervous before.
(c) It appears she has changed her mind.
(d) She should be grateful to him.
2. What two reasons does Macbeth give for not wanting to kill Duncan?
(a) The prophecy will come true on its own, and he is likely to be caught.
(b) Lady Macbeth is crazy, and Duncan loves them both.
(c) Duncan is the king and Macbeth loves him.
(d) Macbeth is his host and he is a kinsman.
3. What does Lady Macbeth tell her husband to do in front of the king when he comes to their home?
(a) Play the innocent.
(b) Praise his masterful mind.
(c) Poison him.
(d) Get him alone.
4. What does Banquo say about Macbeth's castle when he first arrives there?
(a) It is larger than he had anticipated.
(b) It is pleasant and inviting.
(c) It is dark and dreary.
(d) It is fit for a king.
5. What title is Malcolm given after the battle is over?
(a) Duke of Greenwich.
(b) Thane of Cawdor.
(c) King of Scotland.
(d) Prince of Cumberland.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lady Macbeth hear about the prophecy of the witches?
2. Where is this play set?
3. What did Macbeth do to Macdonwald?
4. How many witches are there?
5. Who is sent for to help the wounded sergeant in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)