|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Duncan decide to camp at the beginning of the play?
2. How does Lady Macbeth act when the king arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) Cold and harsh.
(b) Warm and inviting.
(c) Confused and nervous.
(d) Sweet and shy.
3. How does Macbeth refer to his wife after she hears about the prophecy from the witches?
(a) His sweet queen to be.
(b) His dearest partner in greatness.
(c) His bearer of future sons.
(d) His motivation for success.
4. What two reasons does Macbeth give for not wanting to kill Duncan?
(a) Macbeth is his host and he is a kinsman.
(b) Lady Macbeth is crazy, and Duncan loves them both.
(c) Duncan is the king and Macbeth loves him.
(d) The prophecy will come true on its own, and he is likely to be caught.
5. Which of these is NOT a guest at Macbeth's castle after the battle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the witches go after Scotland's battle is over?
2. What is Macbeth's first reaction to the witches?
3. How many witches are there?
4. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
5. Where is Macbeth's castle?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)