|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malcolm tell Duncan of the Thane of Cawdor just before the new Thane is named?
(a) He ran like a dog.
(b) He is still dangerous even in death.
(c) He died with dignity.
(d) His men still honor him.
2. Which of these is NOT a guest at Macbeth's castle after the battle?
3. What happens to the original Thane of Cawdor?
(a) He commits suicide rather than be taken prisoner.
(b) He is killed in battle.
(c) He is to be executed.
(d) He flees the country.
4. What do the witches vow to do at the beginning of the play?
(a) Kill Macbeth.
(b) Meet again.
(c) Confuse the messengers.
(d) Fool the soldiers.
5. What does Lady Macbeth says she has in her mind after hearing the prophecy of the witches?
(a) Murderous intentions.
(b) A serpent's cunning.
(c) Lavish wishes.
(d) Important plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lady Macbeth hear about the prophecy of the witches?
2. Who owns the victory of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
3. How does Macbeth refer to his wife after she hears about the prophecy from the witches?
4. Who is the first to greet Duncan at Macbeth's castle?
5. How is the first witch offended in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)