|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Duncan say gave Macbeth speed after the battle?
(a) Fear for the safety of his family.
(b) Love for his wife.
(c) Joy of his new appointment.
2. How many witches are there?
3. How is the first witch offended in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The soldier curses her and kicks stones at her.
(b) The young maiden calls her ugly and useless.
(c) The shopkeeper denies her money.
(d) The sailor's wife will not share chestnuts with her.
4. When do the witches want to meet?
(a) The dawn before Macbeth's death.
(b) After a mighty battle.
(c) Before the sun sets.
(d) At the turn of the year.
5. Where is this play set?
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Malcolm and Duncan related?
2. Who owns the victory of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
3. What is so surprising about the way Lady Macbeth treats the king when he arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
4. Who are the first characters to appear in this play?
5. What does Lady Macbeth say she would do before breaking a promise?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)