|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who of the following is NOT found in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
(a) Sunny and bright.
(b) Lightning and thunder.
(c) Torrential rain.
(d) Dark and misty.
3. What does Lady Macbeth plan after hearing about the prophecy from the witches?
(a) A feast.
(b) A list of enemies.
(c) New legislation.
(d) The murder of the king.
4. Who is the hero of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
(a) The Thane of Cawdor.
5. What two reasons does Macbeth give for not wanting to kill Duncan?
(a) The prophecy will come true on its own, and he is likely to be caught.
(b) Macbeth is his host and he is a kinsman.
(c) Lady Macbeth is crazy, and Duncan loves them both.
(d) Duncan is the king and Macbeth loves him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the first witch do to get her revenge on the person who offended her in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. Who is the first to greet Duncan at Macbeth's castle?
3. What does Macbeth say the people would do if Duncan were killed?
4. in Act 1, Scene 3, what do the witches tell Macbeth he will become?
5. Who are the first characters to appear in this play?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)