|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is to be the new Thane of Cawdor?
2. What does Macbeth say the people would do if Duncan were killed?
(b) Go on with their lives.
(d) Seek justice.
3. Where is this play set?
4. What is so surprising about the way Lady Macbeth treats the king when he arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) She is planning his murder.
(b) It appears she has changed her mind.
(c) She did not seem nervous before.
(d) She should be grateful to him.
5. What two reasons does Macbeth give for not wanting to kill Duncan?
(a) Macbeth is his host and he is a kinsman.
(b) Lady Macbeth is crazy, and Duncan loves them both.
(c) Duncan is the king and Macbeth loves him.
(d) The prophecy will come true on its own, and he is likely to be caught.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the witches say are their greatest pleasure in life?
2. How many witches are there?
3. Who does Duncan meet as he sets up camp at the beginning of the play?
4. Who does Lady Macbeth want to frame for Duncan's murder?
5. Who is sent for to help the wounded sergeant in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)