|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the original Thane of Cawdor?
(a) He is to be executed.
(b) He flees the country.
(c) He commits suicide rather than be taken prisoner.
(d) He is killed in battle.
2. Who owns the victory of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
(a) The Thane of Cawdor.
(b) The Norwegian King.
3. What does Lady Macbeth tell her husband to do in front of the king when he comes to their home?
(a) Praise his masterful mind.
(b) Get him alone.
(c) Poison him.
(d) Play the innocent.
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
(a) He dies.
(b) He is too overcome with emotion.
(c) He faints from loss of blood.
(d) He falls asleep.
5. How does Lady Macbeth hear about the prophecy of the witches?
(a) One of the witches comes to tell her.
(b) She sees it in a dream.
(c) Her husband writes a letter about it.
(d) Duncan tells her about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Banquo say about Macbeth's castle when he first arrives there?
2. How does Macbeth refer to his wife after she hears about the prophecy from the witches?
3. Where is Macbeth's castle?
4. What does Macbeth say about killing Duncan after Duncan arrives at his castle?
5. Who are the first characters to appear in this play?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)