|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Macbeth say she would do before breaking a promise?
(a) Kill her own child.
(b) Go mad.
(c) Kill her husband.
(d) Kill herself.
2. What does Duncan say gave Macbeth speed after the battle?
(a) Love for his wife.
(b) Fear for the safety of his family.
(c) Joy of his new appointment.
3. Where do the witches go after Scotland's battle is over?
(a) The sea shore.
(b) A cave.
(c) A heath.
(d) The desert.
4. Who offends the first witch in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) A shopkeeper.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A sailor's wife.
(d) A young maiden.
5. What must the loser of the battle between Scotland and it's enemy do in order to bury their dead men?
(a) Steal the bodies in the night.
(b) Beg for mercy.
(c) Release their prisoners.
(d) Pay a tribute.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Macbeth's first reaction to the witches?
2. What does Lady Macbeth plan after hearing about the prophecy from the witches?
3. What does Banquo say about Macbeth's castle when he first arrives there?
4. How does Macbeth refer to his wife after she hears about the prophecy from the witches?
5. What is so surprising about the way Lady Macbeth treats the king when he arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)