|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of land is featured in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
(a) Lightning and thunder.
(b) Torrential rain.
(c) Dark and misty.
(d) Sunny and bright.
3. Who are the first characters to appear in this play?
(a) Macbeth and Duncan.
(d) Three Witches.
4. Who does Duncan meet as he sets up camp at the beginning of the play?
(a) A messenger.
(c) A wounded soldier.
(d) One of the witches.
5. How are Malcolm and Duncan related?
(a) Duncan is Malcolm's son.
(b) Malcolm and Duncan are cousins.
(c) Malcom is Duncan's son.
(d) Malcolm is Duncan's nephew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sent for to help the wounded sergeant in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Where does the sun seem to set at the beginning of the play?
3. What do the witches vow to do at the beginning of the play?
4. What are the witches anticipating at the beginning of the play?
5. Where does Duncan decide to camp at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)