|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the witches vow to do at the beginning of the play?
(a) Kill Macbeth.
(b) Fool the soldiers.
(c) Meet again.
(d) Confuse the messengers.
2. Where is this play set?
3. How is the first witch offended in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The young maiden calls her ugly and useless.
(b) The shopkeeper denies her money.
(c) The sailor's wife will not share chestnuts with her.
(d) The soldier curses her and kicks stones at her.
4. What must the loser of the battle between Scotland and it's enemy do in order to bury their dead men?
(a) Pay a tribute.
(b) Beg for mercy.
(c) Release their prisoners.
(d) Steal the bodies in the night.
5. Who are the first characters to appear in this play?
(b) Three Witches.
(d) Macbeth and Duncan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Macbeth's first reaction to the witches?
2. What title does Duncan hold?
3. What do the witches sense in the air in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What do the witches say are their greatest pleasure in life?
5. What happens to the original Thane of Cawdor?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)