|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the sun seem to set at the beginning of the play?
(a) The witches' cauldron.
(b) The ocean.
(c) The heath.
(d) The ground.
2. What do the witches sense in the air in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Something astonishing.
(b) Something unexpected.
(c) Something murky.
(d) Something hopeful.
3. Who do the witches plan to meet after parting in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What title does Duncan hold?
5. What does Malcolm tell Duncan of the Thane of Cawdor just before the new Thane is named?
(a) His men still honor him.
(b) He died with dignity.
(c) He ran like a dog.
(d) He is still dangerous even in death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What title is Malcolm given after the battle is over?
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
3. What did Macbeth do to Macdonwald?
4. What does the first witch do to get her revenge on the person who offended her in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)