|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malcolm tell Duncan of the Thane of Cawdor just before the new Thane is named?
(a) He died with dignity.
(b) He ran like a dog.
(c) His men still honor him.
(d) He is still dangerous even in death.
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
(a) He dies.
(b) He faints from loss of blood.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He is too overcome with emotion.
3. Who is the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
4. What kind of land is featured in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What do the witches sense in the air in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Something unexpected.
(b) Something astonishing.
(c) Something murky.
(d) Something hopeful.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
2. Who owns the victory of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
3. What do the witches say are their greatest pleasure in life?
4. Where do the witches go after Scotland's battle is over?
5. Who is to be the new Thane of Cawdor?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)