|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many witches are there?
2. How is the first witch offended in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The young maiden calls her ugly and useless.
(b) The soldier curses her and kicks stones at her.
(c) The shopkeeper denies her money.
(d) The sailor's wife will not share chestnuts with her.
3. Who is to be the new Thane of Cawdor?
4. Who is sent for to help the wounded sergeant in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A nurse.
(c) Another soldier.
(d) A surgeon.
5. When do the witches want to meet?
(a) The dawn before Macbeth's death.
(b) Before the sun sets.
(c) At the turn of the year.
(d) After a mighty battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is this play set?
2. What happens to the original Thane of Cawdor?
3. in Act 1, Scene 3, what do the witches tell Macbeth he will become?
4. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
5. Who is the hero of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)