|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. in Act 1, Scene 3, what do the witches tell Macbeth he will become?
(a) The Thane of Cawdor.
(b) The leader of the army.
(c) The king of England.
(d) A rich duke.
2. What happens to the original Thane of Cawdor?
(a) He commits suicide rather than be taken prisoner.
(b) He is to be executed.
(c) He is killed in battle.
(d) He flees the country.
3. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
(a) Deep and dark secrets.
(b) Black and deep desires.
(c) Ambitions unto death.
(d) A murderous heart.
4. What is Macbeth's first reaction to the witches?
(a) Skeptical and unbelieving.
(b) Surprised and disgusted.
(c) Impatient and worried.
(d) Amazed and terrified.
5. What does the first witch do to get her revenge on the person who offended her in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Curses the shop with bad produce and merchandice.
(b) Curses the soldier with blindness in his next battle.
(c) Curses the sailor with lack of sleep and fatigue.
(d) Curses the young maiden with warts and boils.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many witches are there?
2. What kind of land is featured in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Who is to be the new Thane of Cawdor?
4. Where does the sun seem to set at the beginning of the play?
5. How is the first witch offended in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)