|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the victory of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
(b) The Thane of Cawdor.
(c) The Norwegian King.
2. What title is Malcolm given after the battle is over?
(a) Duke of Greenwich.
(b) Prince of Cumberland.
(c) Thane of Cawdor.
(d) King of Scotland.
3. Where does the sun seem to set at the beginning of the play?
(a) The heath.
(b) The witches' cauldron.
(c) The ground.
(d) The ocean.
4. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
(a) Torrential rain.
(b) Lightning and thunder.
(c) Sunny and bright.
(d) Dark and misty.
5. How many witches are there?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malcolm tell Duncan of the Thane of Cawdor just before the new Thane is named?
2. Where do the witches go after Scotland's battle is over?
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
4. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
5. Who offends the first witch in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)