|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the witches sense in the air in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Something unexpected.
(b) Something hopeful.
(c) Something astonishing.
(d) Something murky.
2. How are Malcolm and Duncan related?
(a) Malcolm and Duncan are cousins.
(b) Malcolm is Duncan's nephew.
(c) Duncan is Malcolm's son.
(d) Malcom is Duncan's son.
3. Who is to be the new Thane of Cawdor?
4. Where is this play set?
5. What did Macbeth do to Macdonwald?
(a) Stabbed him in the heart.
(b) Poisoned him.
(c) Ripped him in half with his sword.
(d) Cut off his head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the witches vow to do at the beginning of the play?
2. Who owns the victory of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
3. Who does Duncan meet as he sets up camp at the beginning of the play?
4. What do the witches say are their greatest pleasure in life?
5. What does Malcolm tell Duncan of the Thane of Cawdor just before the new Thane is named?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)