|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the witches sense in the air in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Something hopeful.
(b) Something astonishing.
(c) Something murky.
(d) Something unexpected.
2. What do the witches say are their greatest pleasure in life?
3. What title is Malcolm given after the battle is over?
(a) Prince of Cumberland.
(b) King of Scotland.
(c) Thane of Cawdor.
(d) Duke of Greenwich.
4. What does Malcolm tell Duncan of the Thane of Cawdor just before the new Thane is named?
(a) He died with dignity.
(b) He is still dangerous even in death.
(c) His men still honor him.
(d) He ran like a dog.
5. How many witches are there?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Macbeth do to Macdonwald?
2. Where does Duncan decide to camp at the beginning of the play?
3. What must the loser of the battle between Scotland and it's enemy do in order to bury their dead men?
4. How are Malcolm and Duncan related?
5. What kind of land is featured in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)