|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the witches plan to meet after parting in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Who is to be the new Thane of Cawdor?
3. What do the witches sense in the air in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Something unexpected.
(b) Something hopeful.
(c) Something murky.
(d) Something astonishing.
4. What happens to the original Thane of Cawdor?
(a) He is killed in battle.
(b) He flees the country.
(c) He is to be executed.
(d) He commits suicide rather than be taken prisoner.
5. in Act 1, Scene 3, what do the witches tell Macbeth he will become?
(a) The king of England.
(b) A rich duke.
(c) The Thane of Cawdor.
(d) The leader of the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Macbeth do to Macdonwald?
2. Who is the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
3. Who offends the first witch in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What does the first witch do to get her revenge on the person who offended her in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. Who are the first characters to appear in this play?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)