|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
(a) Sunny and bright.
(b) Torrential rain.
(c) Dark and misty.
(d) Lightning and thunder.
2. What do the witches sense in the air in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Something murky.
(b) Something astonishing.
(c) Something unexpected.
(d) Something hopeful.
3. How are Malcolm and Duncan related?
(a) Malcom is Duncan's son.
(b) Malcolm and Duncan are cousins.
(c) Duncan is Malcolm's son.
(d) Malcolm is Duncan's nephew.
4. Where does the sun seem to set at the beginning of the play?
(a) The ground.
(b) The ocean.
(c) The witches' cauldron.
(d) The heath.
5. How many witches are there?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the hero of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
2. What title is Malcolm given after the battle is over?
3. Who does Duncan meet as he sets up camp at the beginning of the play?
4. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
5. What title does Duncan hold?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)