|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the first witch do to get her revenge on the person who offended her in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Curses the soldier with blindness in his next battle.
(b) Curses the young maiden with warts and boils.
(c) Curses the sailor with lack of sleep and fatigue.
(d) Curses the shop with bad produce and merchandice.
2. When do the witches want to meet?
(a) After a mighty battle.
(b) At the turn of the year.
(c) Before the sun sets.
(d) The dawn before Macbeth's death.
3. How are Malcolm and Duncan related?
(a) Malcolm is Duncan's nephew.
(b) Duncan is Malcolm's son.
(c) Malcolm and Duncan are cousins.
(d) Malcom is Duncan's son.
4. Who offends the first witch in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) A young maiden.
(b) A sailor's wife.
(c) A shopkeeper.
(d) A soldier.
5. Who is sent for to help the wounded sergeant in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A surgeon.
(b) Another soldier.
(d) A nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malcolm tell Duncan of the Thane of Cawdor just before the new Thane is named?
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
3. What must the loser of the battle between Scotland and it's enemy do in order to bury their dead men?
4. Who are the first characters to appear in this play?
5. How many witches are there?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)