|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malcolm tell Duncan of the Thane of Cawdor just before the new Thane is named?
(a) His men still honor him.
(b) He is still dangerous even in death.
(c) He ran like a dog.
(d) He died with dignity.
2. Who of the following is NOT found in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. in Act 1, Scene 3, what do the witches tell Macbeth he will become?
(a) The king of England.
(b) The leader of the army.
(c) The Thane of Cawdor.
(d) A rich duke.
4. Where does the sun seem to set at the beginning of the play?
(a) The ground.
(b) The witches' cauldron.
(c) The heath.
(d) The ocean.
5. Where do the witches go after Scotland's battle is over?
(a) The sea shore.
(b) A heath.
(c) The desert.
(d) A cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the victory of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
2. Who offends the first witch in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. Who does Duncan meet as he sets up camp at the beginning of the play?
4. Who is assisting the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
5. Where does Duncan decide to camp at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)