|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What title is Malcolm given after the battle is over?
(a) Prince of Cumberland.
(b) Duke of Greenwich.
(c) King of Scotland.
(d) Thane of Cawdor.
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
(a) He dies.
(b) He faints from loss of blood.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He is too overcome with emotion.
3. Who is to be the new Thane of Cawdor?
4. Who of the following is NOT found in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Who is sent for to help the wounded sergeant in Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) A surgeon.
(c) A nurse.
(d) Another soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many witches are there?
2. Who is assisting the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
3. Who is the hero of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
4. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
5. in Act 1, Scene 3, what do the witches tell Macbeth he will become?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)