|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. in Act 1, Scene 3, what do the witches tell Macbeth he will become?
(a) The king of England.
(b) A rich duke.
(c) The leader of the army.
(d) The Thane of Cawdor.
2. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
(a) Torrential rain.
(b) Dark and misty.
(c) Lightning and thunder.
(d) Sunny and bright.
3. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
(a) Black and deep desires.
(b) Deep and dark secrets.
(c) Ambitions unto death.
(d) A murderous heart.
4. How is the first witch offended in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The shopkeeper denies her money.
(b) The soldier curses her and kicks stones at her.
(c) The young maiden calls her ugly and useless.
(d) The sailor's wife will not share chestnuts with her.
5. Who are the first characters to appear in this play?
(a) Three Witches.
(c) Macbeth and Duncan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the witches say are their greatest pleasure in life?
2. Who is sent for to help the wounded sergeant in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Who do the witches plan to meet after parting in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What happens to the original Thane of Cawdor?
5. What did Macbeth do to Macdonwald?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)