|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the first witch offended in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The shopkeeper denies her money.
(b) The soldier curses her and kicks stones at her.
(c) The young maiden calls her ugly and useless.
(d) The sailor's wife will not share chestnuts with her.
2. What is Macbeth's first reaction to the witches?
(a) Skeptical and unbelieving.
(b) Amazed and terrified.
(c) Impatient and worried.
(d) Surprised and disgusted.
3. Who does Duncan meet as he sets up camp at the beginning of the play?
(b) A messenger.
(c) One of the witches.
(d) A wounded soldier.
4. Who is sent for to help the wounded sergeant in Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) A nurse.
(c) A surgeon.
(d) Another soldier.
5. Where does the sun seem to set at the beginning of the play?
(a) The witches' cauldron.
(b) The heath.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the first witch do to get her revenge on the person who offended her in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What happens to the original Thane of Cawdor?
3. Who is to be the new Thane of Cawdor?
4. What did Macbeth do to Macdonwald?
5. What do the witches sense in the air in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)