|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
(a) Ambitions unto death.
(b) A murderous heart.
(c) Black and deep desires.
(d) Deep and dark secrets.
2. What kind of land is featured in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. When do the witches want to meet?
(a) At the turn of the year.
(b) The dawn before Macbeth's death.
(c) After a mighty battle.
(d) Before the sun sets.
4. Who offends the first witch in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) A young maiden.
(b) A sailor's wife.
(c) A shopkeeper.
(d) A soldier.
5. What title is Malcolm given after the battle is over?
(a) Prince of Cumberland.
(b) King of Scotland.
(c) Thane of Cawdor.
(d) Duke of Greenwich.
Short Answer Questions
1. in Act 1, Scene 3, what do the witches tell Macbeth he will become?
2. Who of the following is NOT found in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. How is the first witch offended in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. Where does Duncan decide to camp at the beginning of the play?
5. What did Macbeth do to Macdonwald?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)