|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the witches want to meet?
(a) The dawn before Macbeth's death.
(b) At the turn of the year.
(c) After a mighty battle.
(d) Before the sun sets.
2. What does Malcolm tell Duncan of the Thane of Cawdor just before the new Thane is named?
(a) He ran like a dog.
(b) He is still dangerous even in death.
(c) He died with dignity.
(d) His men still honor him.
3. How is the first witch offended in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The soldier curses her and kicks stones at her.
(b) The sailor's wife will not share chestnuts with her.
(c) The shopkeeper denies her money.
(d) The young maiden calls her ugly and useless.
4. How many witches are there?
5. Where does the sun seem to set at the beginning of the play?
(a) The ocean.
(b) The ground.
(c) The witches' cauldron.
(d) The heath.
Short Answer Questions
1. in Act 1, Scene 3, what do the witches tell Macbeth he will become?
2. Where is this play set?
3. Who do the witches plan to meet after parting in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Who of the following is NOT found in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Where does Duncan decide to camp at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)