|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the first witch do to get her revenge on the person who offended her in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Curses the sailor with lack of sleep and fatigue.
(b) Curses the soldier with blindness in his next battle.
(c) Curses the young maiden with warts and boils.
(d) Curses the shop with bad produce and merchandice.
2. What title is Malcolm given after the battle is over?
(a) Duke of Greenwich.
(b) King of Scotland.
(c) Prince of Cumberland.
(d) Thane of Cawdor.
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
(a) He dies.
(b) He is too overcome with emotion.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He faints from loss of blood.
4. Who offends the first witch in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) A young maiden.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A shopkeeper.
(d) A sailor's wife.
5. Where does the sun seem to set at the beginning of the play?
(a) The ground.
(b) The ocean.
(c) The witches' cauldron.
(d) The heath.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the original Thane of Cawdor?
2. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
3. in Act 1, Scene 3, what do the witches tell Macbeth he will become?
4. Who is assisting the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
5. Who is the hero of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)