Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a voice tell Macbeth he shall do no more after killing Duncan?
2. What happens to the original Thane of Cawdor?
(a) He is to be executed.
(b) He is killed in battle.
(c) He commits suicide rather than be taken prisoner.
(d) He flees the country.
3. What does Banquo wish to speak with Macbeth about on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
(a) The battle.
(b) The witches.
(c) Lady Macbeth.
4. Where does the sun seem to set at the beginning of the play?
(a) The ocean.
(b) The witches' cauldron.
(c) The heath.
(d) The ground.
5. What does Macbeth say about killing Duncan after Duncan arrives at his castle?
(a) He must not be seen as the culprit.
(b) It must be done soon.
(c) It is not the time.
(d) He cannot do it himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Lady Macbeth told of the king's murder the morning after?
2. What do the witches say are their greatest pleasure in life?
3. Who does Duncan meet as he sets up camp at the beginning of the play?
4. What kind of land is featured in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)