Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is so surprising about the way Lady Macbeth treats the king when he arrives at her castle in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) It appears she has changed her mind.
(b) She should be grateful to him.
(c) She is planning his murder.
(d) She did not seem nervous before.
2. What must the loser of the battle between Scotland and it's enemy do in order to bury their dead men?
(a) Release their prisoners.
(b) Steal the bodies in the night.
(c) Pay a tribute.
(d) Beg for mercy.
3. Which of these is NOT a guest at Macbeth's castle after the battle?
4. When do the witches want to meet?
(a) After a mighty battle.
(b) Before the sun sets.
(c) At the turn of the year.
(d) The dawn before Macbeth's death.
5. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
(a) Black and deep desires.
(b) Deep and dark secrets.
(c) Ambitions unto death.
(d) A murderous heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Macbeth say she would do before breaking a promise?
2. Who do the witches plan to meet after parting in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. How many witches are there?
4. What are the witches anticipating at the beginning of the play?
5. Who offends the first witch in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)