Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is to be the new Thane of Cawdor?
2. Who does Duncan meet as he sets up camp at the beginning of the play?
(a) One of the witches.
(b) A wounded soldier.
(d) A messenger.
3. How is the first witch offended in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The sailor's wife will not share chestnuts with her.
(b) The soldier curses her and kicks stones at her.
(c) The shopkeeper denies her money.
(d) The young maiden calls her ugly and useless.
4. What do the witches vow to do at the beginning of the play?
(a) Kill Macbeth.
(b) Meet again.
(c) Confuse the messengers.
(d) Fool the soldiers.
5. Who is sent for to help the wounded sergeant in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Another soldier.
(c) A surgeon.
(d) A nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
2. Where does the sun seem to set at the beginning of the play?
3. Who do the witches plan to meet after parting in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Where is this play set?
5. What title does Duncan hold?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)