|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Malcolm and Duncan related?
(a) Malcom is Duncan's son.
(b) Malcolm and Duncan are cousins.
(c) Malcolm is Duncan's nephew.
(d) Duncan is Malcolm's son.
2. What has been happening to Lady Macbeth since Banquo's death?
(a) She has been sleepwalking.
(b) She has been followed by Banquo's ghost.
(c) She has been having horrible dreams.
(d) She has been having hallucinations.
3. How is Macbeth's plan not fulfilled in Banquo's murder?
(a) News spreads of who did it.
(b) Banquo's son escapes.
(c) Banquo wounded his murderer before he died.
(d) Banquo was the wrong man to kill.
4. What two reasons does Macbeth give for not wanting to kill Duncan?
(a) Macbeth is his host and he is a kinsman.
(b) Duncan is the king and Macbeth loves him.
(c) The prophecy will come true on its own, and he is likely to be caught.
(d) Lady Macbeth is crazy, and Duncan loves them both.
5. What did Macbeth do to Macdonwald?
(a) Poisoned him.
(b) Ripped him in half with his sword.
(c) Cut off his head.
(d) Stabbed him in the heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
2. Where does Banquo's killer wait for him?
3. Who does Macduff think is responsible for killing Duncan?
4. Where is Macbeth's castle?
5. What is the third apparition to appear to Macbeth when he meets with the witches?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)