|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the witches plan to do with that which they harvest from the moon?
(a) Cause Macbeth to sleep so that he may be murdered in his bed.
(b) Look into the future.
(c) Create evil sprites.
(d) Envelop Macbeth in darkness.
2. Who is the first person to see the king dead?
(d) Lady Macbeth.
3. Who do the witches meet with the morning after Banquo's murder?
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
(a) He is too overcome with emotion.
(b) He dies.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He faints from loss of blood.
5. What title does Duncan hold?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the original Thane of Cawdor?
2. What did Lennox tell Macbeth about the night of Duncan's murder?
3. Who suggests the form of camouflage that the army in Dunsinane uses?
4. What do the witches plan to harvest from the moon?
5. What is the first apparition to appear to Macbeth when he meets with the witches?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)