|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Macbeth not at all disturbed by the war drums?
(a) He thinks they are preparing a tribute to him.
(b) He thinks they are fighting for him.
(c) He cannot hear them.
(d) He feel protected from his enemies.
2. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
(a) Black and deep desires.
(b) A murderous heart.
(c) Deep and dark secrets.
(d) Ambitions unto death.
3. What does Banquo wish to speak with Macbeth about on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
(b) The witches.
(c) Lady Macbeth.
(d) The battle.
4. How are Malcolm and Duncan related?
(a) Malcolm is Duncan's nephew.
(b) Malcom is Duncan's son.
(c) Duncan is Malcolm's son.
(d) Malcolm and Duncan are cousins.
5. What does Lady Macbeth say she would do before breaking a promise?
(a) Go mad.
(b) Kill herself.
(c) Kill her husband.
(d) Kill her own child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Banquo's killer wait for him?
2. Who is speaking with the Old Man when he first appears on stage?
3. Where does the first scene in Act 5 take place?
4. What is the first apparition to appear to Macbeth when he meets with the witches?
5. How is Lady Macbeth told of the king's murder the morning after?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)