|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the Porter speaking of death when he first appears on stage?
(a) He is delivering a serious sermon.
(b) He is weeping about dead relatives of his.
(c) He is telling knock-knock jokes about death.
(d) He is whispering strange tales of ghosts and demons.
2. What does Banquo suffer from on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
(a) Horrible dreams.
(b) Bad thoughts.
(c) Flashes of hot and cold.
(d) A terrible rash.
3. Who is to be the new Thane of Cawdor?
4. Where does Duncan decide to camp at the beginning of the play?
5. Who is sent for to help the wounded sergeant in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Another soldier.
(c) A surgeon.
(d) A nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macbeth think his wife will do after she hears of Banquo's murder?
2. What does Macbeth say he will have to do if he is caught murdering the king?
3. Who suggests the form of camouflage that the army in Dunsinane uses?
4. What is the third apparition to appear to Macbeth when he meets with the witches?
5. Who is the leader of the army at Dunsinane?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)