|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the witches do at the beginning of Act 4 when they are joined by Hecate?
(a) Begin stirring things in their cauldron.
(c) Dance and sing.
(d) Go to sleep.
2. What does Lady Macbeth tell her husband to do in front of the king when he comes to their home?
(a) Praise his masterful mind.
(b) Get him alone.
(c) Poison him.
(d) Play the innocent.
3. What does the person who escaped the ambush on Banquo in Act 3, Scene 3 do?
(a) Stands and fights.
(b) Pretends to be dead.
(c) Ride away at top speed.
(d) Cry out to the village what is happening.
4. What is the third apparition to appear to Macbeth when he meets with the witches?
(a) The ghost of Duncan.
(b) A child holding a branch.
(c) An armed head.
(d) A bloody child.
5. Who are speaking at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) Macduff and his son.
(b) Macbeth and his wife.
(c) A gentlewoman and a doctor.
(d) Angus and Ross.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a doctor say Lady Macbeth needs to heal?
2. What happens to Macduff's family after he has fled the country?
3. What does Macbeth ask his wife to prepare for him for after he has completed his chore in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Who does Duncan meet as he sets up camp at the beginning of the play?
5. How is Lady Macbeth told of the king's murder the morning after?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)