|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first apparition to appear to Macbeth when he meets with the witches?
(a) A child holding a branch.
(b) A bloody child.
(c) An armed head.
(d) The ghost of Duncan.
2. Where is Macbeth's castle?
3. What does the first apparition warn Macbeth against?
(a) The jealous passion of his wife.
(b) The son of Banquo.
(d) The Thane of Fife.
4. How are Malcolm and Duncan related?
(a) Malcolm is Duncan's nephew.
(b) Duncan is Malcolm's son.
(c) Malcolm and Duncan are cousins.
(d) Malcom is Duncan's son.
5. What are the witches doing at the beginning of Act 4?
(d) Stirring things in their cauldron.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macbeth see in a vision just as he is about to murder the king?
2. What does Lady Macbeth tell her husband to do in front of the king when he comes to their home?
3. How is the Porter speaking of death when he first appears on stage?
4. What does Lady Macbeth says she has in her mind after hearing the prophecy of the witches?
5. What is Lady Macbeth assured of after Banquo rides away from the castle in Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)