|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first apparition to appear to Macbeth when he meets with the witches?
(a) The ghost of Duncan.
(b) An armed head.
(c) A child holding a branch.
(d) A bloody child.
2. Who is the leader of the army at Dunsinane?
(a) General Siward.
3. How are Malcolm and Duncan related?
(a) Malcolm is Duncan's nephew.
(b) Duncan is Malcolm's son.
(c) Malcolm and Duncan are cousins.
(d) Malcom is Duncan's son.
4. What happens to the original Thane of Cawdor?
(a) He commits suicide rather than be taken prisoner.
(b) He flees the country.
(c) He is killed in battle.
(d) He is to be executed.
5. What two reasons does Macbeth give for not wanting to kill Duncan?
(a) Duncan is the king and Macbeth loves him.
(b) The prophecy will come true on its own, and he is likely to be caught.
(c) Macbeth is his host and he is a kinsman.
(d) Lady Macbeth is crazy, and Duncan loves them both.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lady Macbeth trying to do while she is sleeping?
2. How is Macbeth's plan not fulfilled in Banquo's murder?
3. What does Lady Macbeth says she has in her mind after hearing the prophecy of the witches?
4. What do the men in Dunsinane use as camouflage?
5. Where is Macbeth going to be crowned king?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)