|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the soldiers in Dunsinane plan to purge Macbeth of his anger?
(a) Righteous war.
(b) Take his wife captive.
(c) Kill the traitors.
(d) Gentle persuasion.
2. What are the witches rebuked for the morning after Banquo's murder?
(a) Not warning Fleance about the prophecy of his kingship.
(b) Not warning Macbeth about Fleance.
(c) Not alerting Hecate about Macbeth.
(d) Not warning Banquo about his impending death.
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) He dies.
(c) He faints from loss of blood.
(d) He is too overcome with emotion.
4. What has been happening to Lady Macbeth since Banquo's death?
(a) She has been having horrible dreams.
(b) She has been sleepwalking.
(c) She has been having hallucinations.
(d) She has been followed by Banquo's ghost.
5. What does Macbeth see in a vision just as he is about to murder the king?
(a) A dagger.
(b) A ghost.
(c) A spear.
(d) A crown.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Macbeth's plan not fulfilled in Banquo's murder?
2. What is the army in Dunsinane trying to hide with their unique camouflage?
3. What do the witches plan to harvest from the moon?
4. What does Macbeth say about killing Duncan after Duncan arrives at his castle?
5. Who is the hero of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)