|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the victory of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
(a) The Thane of Cawdor.
(b) The Norwegian King.
2. What does Lady Macbeth say she would do before breaking a promise?
(a) Kill herself.
(b) Go mad.
(c) Kill her husband.
(d) Kill her own child.
3. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
(a) A murderous heart.
(b) Deep and dark secrets.
(c) Ambitions unto death.
(d) Black and deep desires.
4. Who does Duncan meet as he sets up camp at the beginning of the play?
(a) One of the witches.
(b) A wounded soldier.
(d) A messenger.
5. How are Banquo and Fleance related?
(a) Fleance is Banquo's father.
(b) Fleance and Banquo are brothers.
(c) Banquo is Fleance's uncle.
(d) Banquo is Fleance's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Banquo wish to speak with Macbeth about on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
2. What does Malcolm tell Duncan of the Thane of Cawdor just before the new Thane is named?
3. Who is to be the new Thane of Cawdor?
4. What does Macbeth say about killing Duncan after Duncan arrives at his castle?
5. What does Duncan give Lady Macbeth in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)