|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Macbeth tell her husband to do in front of the king when he comes to their home?
(a) Poison him.
(b) Praise his masterful mind.
(c) Get him alone.
(d) Play the innocent.
2. What does Macbeth say about killing Duncan after Duncan arrives at his castle?
(a) He cannot do it himself.
(b) It must be done soon.
(c) He must not be seen as the culprit.
(d) It is not the time.
3. What does Macbeth see in a vision just as he is about to murder the king?
(a) A crown.
(b) A spear.
(c) A dagger.
(d) A ghost.
4. How does Macbeth refer to his wife after she hears about the prophecy from the witches?
(a) His sweet queen to be.
(b) His bearer of future sons.
(c) His dearest partner in greatness.
(d) His motivation for success.
5. What does Lady Macbeth says she has in her mind after hearing the prophecy of the witches?
(a) Lavish wishes.
(b) A serpent's cunning.
(c) Important plans.
(d) Murderous intentions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lady Macbeth want to frame for Duncan's murder?
2. Where is Macbeth's castle?
3. What does Macbeth say the people would do if Duncan were killed?
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
5. What does Malcolm tell Duncan of the Thane of Cawdor just before the new Thane is named?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)