|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Macbeth refer to his wife after she hears about the prophecy from the witches?
(a) His dearest partner in greatness.
(b) His motivation for success.
(c) His bearer of future sons.
(d) His sweet queen to be.
2. What two reasons does Macbeth give for not wanting to kill Duncan?
(a) Duncan is the king and Macbeth loves him.
(b) The prophecy will come true on its own, and he is likely to be caught.
(c) Macbeth is his host and he is a kinsman.
(d) Lady Macbeth is crazy, and Duncan loves them both.
3. What does Lady Macbeth says she has in her mind after hearing the prophecy of the witches?
(a) A serpent's cunning.
(b) Murderous intentions.
(c) Lavish wishes.
(d) Important plans.
4. What title is Malcolm given after the battle is over?
(a) Duke of Greenwich.
(b) Prince of Cumberland.
(c) King of Scotland.
(d) Thane of Cawdor.
5. What does Duncan give Lady Macbeth in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A diamond.
(b) A kiss.
(c) A ration of strong wine.
(d) A title.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the hero of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
3. How are Malcolm and Duncan related?
4. What does Macbeth ask his wife to prepare for him for after he has completed his chore in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Where is Macbeth's castle?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)