|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the original Thane of Cawdor?
(a) He is killed in battle.
(b) He commits suicide rather than be taken prisoner.
(c) He flees the country.
(d) He is to be executed.
2. Who does Duncan meet as he sets up camp at the beginning of the play?
(a) A wounded soldier.
(b) A messenger.
(c) One of the witches.
3. What must the loser of the battle between Scotland and it's enemy do in order to bury their dead men?
(a) Steal the bodies in the night.
(b) Pay a tribute.
(c) Release their prisoners.
(d) Beg for mercy.
4. What does Macbeth say he will have to do if he is caught murdering the king?
(a) Fight another war.
(b) Go to prison.
(c) Frame his wife.
(d) Kill himself.
5. Who of the following is NOT found in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
2. Where does Duncan decide to camp at the beginning of the play?
3. Who is to be the new Thane of Cawdor?
4. What does Macbeth ask his wife to prepare for him for after he has completed his chore in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Who is sent for to help the wounded sergeant in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)