|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Banquo wish to speak with Macbeth about on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
(b) The battle.
(c) Lady Macbeth.
(d) The witches.
2. What does Macbeth say he will have to do if he is caught murdering the king?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Fight another war.
(c) Go to prison.
(d) Frame his wife.
3. Who does Duncan meet as he sets up camp at the beginning of the play?
(a) A messenger.
(b) One of the witches.
(c) A wounded soldier.
4. How does Lady Macbeth hear about the prophecy of the witches?
(a) She sees it in a dream.
(b) Duncan tells her about it.
(c) Her husband writes a letter about it.
(d) One of the witches comes to tell her.
5. Who is sent for to help the wounded sergeant in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A nurse.
(b) Another soldier.
(d) A surgeon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is to be the new Thane of Cawdor?
2. What does Macbeth say about killing Duncan after Duncan arrives at his castle?
3. Who is the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
4. Who does Lady Macbeth want to frame for Duncan's murder?
5. What does Macbeth say the people would do if Duncan were killed?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)