|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lady Macbeth hear about the prophecy of the witches?
(a) One of the witches comes to tell her.
(b) She sees it in a dream.
(c) Duncan tells her about it.
(d) Her husband writes a letter about it.
2. What does Lady Macbeth tell her husband to do in front of the king when he comes to their home?
(a) Play the innocent.
(b) Poison him.
(c) Get him alone.
(d) Praise his masterful mind.
3. What does Macbeth see in a vision just as he is about to murder the king?
(a) A spear.
(b) A crown.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A dagger.
4. How are Malcolm and Duncan related?
(a) Malcolm and Duncan are cousins.
(b) Malcolm is Duncan's nephew.
(c) Malcom is Duncan's son.
(d) Duncan is Malcolm's son.
5. What does Macbeth say about killing Duncan after Duncan arrives at his castle?
(a) It must be done soon.
(b) It is not the time.
(c) He must not be seen as the culprit.
(d) He cannot do it himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
2. Who is sent for to help the wounded sergeant in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Who does Lady Macbeth want to frame for Duncan's murder?
4. What does Duncan give Lady Macbeth in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What does Lady Macbeth plan after hearing about the prophecy from the witches?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)