|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Macbeth refer to his wife after she hears about the prophecy from the witches?
(a) His motivation for success.
(b) His bearer of future sons.
(c) His dearest partner in greatness.
(d) His sweet queen to be.
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) He dies.
(c) He is too overcome with emotion.
(d) He faints from loss of blood.
3. Who of the following is NOT found in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Macbeth ask his wife to prepare for him for after he has completed his chore in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A drink.
(b) A horse.
(c) A bed.
(d) A bath.
5. Who is the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is to be the new Thane of Cawdor?
2. What must the loser of the battle between Scotland and it's enemy do in order to bury their dead men?
3. What does Lady Macbeth say she would do before breaking a promise?
4. What does Malcolm tell Duncan of the Thane of Cawdor just before the new Thane is named?
5. What does Macbeth say the people would do if Duncan were killed?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)