|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two reasons does Macbeth give for not wanting to kill Duncan?
(a) Duncan is the king and Macbeth loves him.
(b) The prophecy will come true on its own, and he is likely to be caught.
(c) Lady Macbeth is crazy, and Duncan loves them both.
(d) Macbeth is his host and he is a kinsman.
2. Who is sent for to help the wounded sergeant in Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) Another soldier.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A surgeon.
3. Who is the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
4. Who owns the victory of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
(a) The Thane of Cawdor.
(b) The Norwegian King.
5. What does Macbeth see in a vision just as he is about to murder the king?
(a) A crown.
(b) A spear.
(c) A dagger.
(d) A ghost.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
2. Who is to be the new Thane of Cawdor?
3. Who is the hero of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
4. What does Macbeth say about killing Duncan after Duncan arrives at his castle?
5. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)