|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macbeth say he will have to do if he is caught murdering the king?
(a) Fight another war.
(b) Frame his wife.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Go to prison.
2. Where is Macbeth's castle?
3. What does Banquo suffer from on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
(a) Horrible dreams.
(b) Flashes of hot and cold.
(c) Bad thoughts.
(d) A terrible rash.
4. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
(a) A murderous heart.
(b) Deep and dark secrets.
(c) Black and deep desires.
(d) Ambitions unto death.
5. What does Macbeth say about killing Duncan after Duncan arrives at his castle?
(a) He cannot do it himself.
(b) He must not be seen as the culprit.
(c) It must be done soon.
(d) It is not the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two reasons does Macbeth give for not wanting to kill Duncan?
2. What does Lady Macbeth says she has in her mind after hearing the prophecy of the witches?
3. Who is sent for to help the wounded sergeant in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Who of the following is NOT found in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. How does Lady Macbeth hear about the prophecy of the witches?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)