|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
(a) Deep and dark secrets.
(b) Ambitions unto death.
(c) A murderous heart.
(d) Black and deep desires.
2. What does Macbeth ask his wife to prepare for him for after he has completed his chore in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A horse.
(b) A bed.
(c) A drink.
(d) A bath.
3. Who does Duncan meet as he sets up camp at the beginning of the play?
(b) One of the witches.
(c) A messenger.
(d) A wounded soldier.
4. Who is the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
5. Who is sent for to help the wounded sergeant in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A surgeon.
(b) A nurse.
(c) Another soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Macbeth refer to his wife after she hears about the prophecy from the witches?
2. What does Lady Macbeth plan after hearing about the prophecy from the witches?
3. What does Macbeth see in a vision just as he is about to murder the king?
4. What does Malcolm tell Duncan of the Thane of Cawdor just before the new Thane is named?
5. What did Macbeth do to Macdonwald?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)