|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lady Macbeth hear about the prophecy of the witches?
(a) Duncan tells her about it.
(b) Her husband writes a letter about it.
(c) She sees it in a dream.
(d) One of the witches comes to tell her.
2. What happens to the original Thane of Cawdor?
(a) He flees the country.
(b) He commits suicide rather than be taken prisoner.
(c) He is to be executed.
(d) He is killed in battle.
3. What does Lady Macbeth says she has in her mind after hearing the prophecy of the witches?
(a) Important plans.
(b) A serpent's cunning.
(c) Murderous intentions.
(d) Lavish wishes.
4. What title is Malcolm given after the battle is over?
(a) Duke of Greenwich.
(b) King of Scotland.
(c) Prince of Cumberland.
(d) Thane of Cawdor.
5. What does Macbeth say he will have to do if he is caught murdering the king?
(a) Go to prison.
(b) Fight another war.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Frame his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is assisting the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
2. What does Macbeth ask his wife to prepare for him for after he has completed his chore in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Who owns the victory of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
4. What does Lady Macbeth plan after hearing about the prophecy from the witches?
5. What does Macbeth say about killing Duncan after Duncan arrives at his castle?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)