|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two reasons does Macbeth give for not wanting to kill Duncan?
(a) The prophecy will come true on its own, and he is likely to be caught.
(b) Duncan is the king and Macbeth loves him.
(c) Lady Macbeth is crazy, and Duncan loves them both.
(d) Macbeth is his host and he is a kinsman.
2. Where is Macbeth's castle?
3. What does Duncan give Lady Macbeth in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A ration of strong wine.
(b) A kiss.
(c) A title.
(d) A diamond.
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
(a) He dies.
(b) He faints from loss of blood.
(c) He is too overcome with emotion.
(d) He falls asleep.
5. What does Malcolm tell Duncan of the Thane of Cawdor just before the new Thane is named?
(a) He ran like a dog.
(b) He is still dangerous even in death.
(c) His men still honor him.
(d) He died with dignity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Macbeth says she has in her mind after hearing the prophecy of the witches?
2. Who is the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
3. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
4. How does Macbeth refer to his wife after she hears about the prophecy from the witches?
5. What does Macbeth say the people would do if Duncan were killed?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)