|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the original Thane of Cawdor?
(a) He is to be executed.
(b) He commits suicide rather than be taken prisoner.
(c) He is killed in battle.
(d) He flees the country.
2. What must the loser of the battle between Scotland and it's enemy do in order to bury their dead men?
(a) Beg for mercy.
(b) Pay a tribute.
(c) Release their prisoners.
(d) Steal the bodies in the night.
3. What does Banquo wish to speak with Macbeth about on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
(b) The witches.
(c) Lady Macbeth.
(d) The battle.
4. What does Banquo suffer from on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
(a) Horrible dreams.
(b) Flashes of hot and cold.
(c) Bad thoughts.
(d) A terrible rash.
5. Who is the hero of the battle between Scotland and its main enemy?
(c) The Thane of Cawdor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
2. Who of the following is NOT found in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Who is to be the new Thane of Cawdor?
4. What does Macbeth see in a vision just as he is about to murder the king?
5. Where is Macbeth's castle?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)