|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macbeth say about killing Duncan after Duncan arrives at his castle?
(a) He must not be seen as the culprit.
(b) He cannot do it himself.
(c) It must be done soon.
(d) It is not the time.
2. How does Macbeth refer to his wife after she hears about the prophecy from the witches?
(a) His dearest partner in greatness.
(b) His sweet queen to be.
(c) His motivation for success.
(d) His bearer of future sons.
3. What two reasons does Macbeth give for not wanting to kill Duncan?
(a) Macbeth is his host and he is a kinsman.
(b) The prophecy will come true on its own, and he is likely to be caught.
(c) Lady Macbeth is crazy, and Duncan loves them both.
(d) Duncan is the king and Macbeth loves him.
4. What does Lady Macbeth plan after hearing about the prophecy from the witches?
(a) A list of enemies.
(b) A feast.
(c) New legislation.
(d) The murder of the king.
5. What does Duncan give Lady Macbeth in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A kiss.
(b) A diamond.
(c) A ration of strong wine.
(d) A title.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is assisting the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
2. What does Lady Macbeth say she would do before breaking a promise?
3. What does Lady Macbeth says she has in her mind after hearing the prophecy of the witches?
4. Who is the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
5. What does Banquo wish to speak with Macbeth about on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)