|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Banquo suffer from on his first night in Macbeth's castle?
(a) A terrible rash.
(b) Bad thoughts.
(c) Flashes of hot and cold.
(d) Horrible dreams.
2. What does Malcolm tell Duncan of the Thane of Cawdor just before the new Thane is named?
(a) He is still dangerous even in death.
(b) His men still honor him.
(c) He died with dignity.
(d) He ran like a dog.
3. What two reasons does Macbeth give for not wanting to kill Duncan?
(a) The prophecy will come true on its own, and he is likely to be caught.
(b) Duncan is the king and Macbeth loves him.
(c) Macbeth is his host and he is a kinsman.
(d) Lady Macbeth is crazy, and Duncan loves them both.
4. Who does Duncan meet as he sets up camp at the beginning of the play?
(b) One of the witches.
(c) A messenger.
(d) A wounded soldier.
5. How does Macbeth refer to his wife after she hears about the prophecy from the witches?
(a) His sweet queen to be.
(b) His motivation for success.
(c) His dearest partner in greatness.
(d) His bearer of future sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macbeth see in a vision just as he is about to murder the king?
2. What did Macbeth do to Macdonwald?
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does the sergeant not finish telling Duncan of the battle?
4. Who is the main enemy of Scotland at the time of this play?
5. How are Malcolm and Duncan related?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)