|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Macbeth say she would do before breaking a promise?
(a) Kill herself.
(b) Kill her husband.
(c) Go mad.
(d) Kill her own child.
2. After the murders of Duncan and Banquo, what do the witches view Macbeth as?
(a) A burgeoning evil.
(b) An amusing toy.
(c) A wayward son.
(d) A foolhardy man.
3. Who does Lady Macbeth want to frame for Duncan's murder?
(c) A servant.
(d) His chamberlains.
4. Who is the first person to see the king dead?
(d) Lady Macbeth.
5. What do the witches plan to show Macbeth the morning after Banquo's murder?
(a) His future disgrace.
(b) His destiny.
(c) His sins.
(d) A prophecy of lies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lady Macbeth's reaction when she is told of the king's death the morning after?
2. How are Malcolm and Duncan related?
3. What is Lady Macbeth assured of after Banquo rides away from the castle in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. How is the Porter speaking of death when he first appears on stage?
5. What are the witches rebuked for the morning after Banquo's murder?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)