|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macbeth say about killing Duncan after Duncan arrives at his castle?
(a) It must be done soon.
(b) He cannot do it himself.
(c) He must not be seen as the culprit.
(d) It is not the time.
2. What does Malcolm tell Duncan of the Thane of Cawdor just before the new Thane is named?
(a) He died with dignity.
(b) His men still honor him.
(c) He ran like a dog.
(d) He is still dangerous even in death.
3. What title is Malcolm given after the battle is over?
(a) Duke of Greenwich.
(b) King of Scotland.
(c) Prince of Cumberland.
(d) Thane of Cawdor.
4. What news does Macbeth choose to not tell his wife after Banquo rides away from the castle in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) He has a plan to kill Banquo.
(b) Banquo is coming to the banquet.
(c) Banquo is in alliance with them.
(d) Banquo is unaware of their evil plots thus far.
5. Who is to be the new Thane of Cawdor?
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Malcolm and Duncan related?
2. What do the witches plan to harvest from the moon?
3. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
4. Who does Lady Macbeth want to frame for Duncan's murder?
5. What does Lady Macbeth say she would do before breaking a promise?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)