|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the Porter speaking of death when he first appears on stage?
(a) He is weeping about dead relatives of his.
(b) He is telling knock-knock jokes about death.
(c) He is delivering a serious sermon.
(d) He is whispering strange tales of ghosts and demons.
2. Who is to be the new Thane of Cawdor?
3. What do the witches plan to harvest from the moon?
(a) A vaporous drop.
(b) A key to darkness.
(c) Artificial light.
(d) Dust of the moon.
4. After the murders of Duncan and Banquo, what do the witches view Macbeth as?
(a) A burgeoning evil.
(b) A wayward son.
(c) An amusing toy.
(d) A foolhardy man.
5. What does Macbeth say about killing Duncan after Duncan arrives at his castle?
(a) It is not the time.
(b) It must be done soon.
(c) He cannot do it himself.
(d) He must not be seen as the culprit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person to see the king dead?
2. What happens to the original Thane of Cawdor?
3. What are the witches rebuked for the morning after Banquo's murder?
4. What is Lady Macbeth's reaction when she is told of the king's death the morning after?
5. What two reasons does Macbeth give for not wanting to kill Duncan?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)