|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lennox tell Macbeth about the night of Duncan's murder?
(a) He was kept awake by strange noises and lamentations.
(b) He had never had a more peaceful night in his life.
(c) He had horrendous dreams.
(d) He felt as if he had been drugged to sleep deep.
2. What does Macbeth say he will have to do if he is caught murdering the king?
(a) Frame his wife.
(b) Go to prison.
(c) Fight another war.
(d) Kill himself.
3. Who is the first person to see the king dead?
(a) Lady Macbeth.
4. How is Lady Macbeth told of the king's murder the morning after?
(a) Macbeth informs her in private.
(b) She sees him in his room.
(c) A bell is tolled.
(d) A servant goes to her room.
5. What title is Malcolm given after the battle is over?
(a) King of Scotland.
(b) Thane of Cawdor.
(c) Prince of Cumberland.
(d) Duke of Greenwich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the witches plan to harvest from the moon?
2. How are Malcolm and Duncan related?
3. What is Lady Macbeth's reaction when she is told of the king's death the morning after?
4. What does Malcolm tell Duncan of the Thane of Cawdor just before the new Thane is named?
5. How is the Porter speaking of death when he first appears on stage?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)