|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macbeth say he will have to do if he is caught murdering the king?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Go to prison.
(c) Fight another war.
(d) Frame his wife.
2. How is Lady Macbeth told of the king's murder the morning after?
(a) A servant goes to her room.
(b) She sees him in his room.
(c) Macbeth informs her in private.
(d) A bell is tolled.
3. Why is Macbeth plotting to kill Banquo at all?
(a) His knowledge of his crimes.
(b) His disloyal heart.
(c) A passing reference to his belief in Macbeth murdering Duncan.
(d) The prophecy of Banquo's sons becoming kings.
4. What did Lennox tell Macbeth about the night of Duncan's murder?
(a) He felt as if he had been drugged to sleep deep.
(b) He had horrendous dreams.
(c) He was kept awake by strange noises and lamentations.
(d) He had never had a more peaceful night in his life.
5. What does Macbeth say the people would do if Duncan were killed?
(b) Go on with their lives.
(c) Seek justice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the Porter speaking of death when he first appears on stage?
2. What are the witches rebuked for the morning after Banquo's murder?
3. Where does Donalbain go after Duncan's death?
4. Who is to be the new Thane of Cawdor?
5. What does Macbeth think his wife will do after she hears of Banquo's murder?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)