|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the murders of Duncan and Banquo, what do the witches view Macbeth as?
(a) A burgeoning evil.
(b) A foolhardy man.
(c) A wayward son.
(d) An amusing toy.
2. What news does Macbeth choose to not tell his wife after Banquo rides away from the castle in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Banquo is in alliance with them.
(b) He has a plan to kill Banquo.
(c) Banquo is coming to the banquet.
(d) Banquo is unaware of their evil plots thus far.
3. Who do the witches meet with the morning after Banquo's murder?
4. Who does Banquo think killed Duncan?
(b) Lady Macbeth.
5. What does Macbeth say he will have to do if he is caught murdering the king?
(a) Go to prison.
(b) Fight another war.
(c) Frame his wife.
(d) Kill himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the original Thane of Cawdor?
2. What do the witches plan to do with that which they harvest from the moon?
3. What do the witches plan to show Macbeth the morning after Banquo's murder?
4. What two reasons does Macbeth give for not wanting to kill Duncan?
5. Who has sole responsibility for the impending doom of Banquo?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)