|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macbeth think his wife will do after she hears of Banquo's murder?
2. What do the witches plan to do with that which they harvest from the moon?
(a) Look into the future.
(b) Create evil sprites.
(c) Envelop Macbeth in darkness.
(d) Cause Macbeth to sleep so that he may be murdered in his bed.
3. Who does Lady Macbeth want to frame for Duncan's murder?
(b) His chamberlains.
(c) A servant.
4. Who does Banquo think killed Duncan?
(b) Lady Macbeth.
5. How is the Porter speaking of death when he first appears on stage?
(a) He is delivering a serious sermon.
(b) He is weeping about dead relatives of his.
(c) He is telling knock-knock jokes about death.
(d) He is whispering strange tales of ghosts and demons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lady Macbeth assured of after Banquo rides away from the castle in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. Who do the witches meet with the morning after Banquo's murder?
3. Who is the first person to see the king dead?
4. What are the witches rebuked for the morning after Banquo's murder?
5. What news does Macbeth choose to not tell his wife after Banquo rides away from the castle in Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)