|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lennox tell Macbeth about the night of Duncan's murder?
(a) He had never had a more peaceful night in his life.
(b) He had horrendous dreams.
(c) He was kept awake by strange noises and lamentations.
(d) He felt as if he had been drugged to sleep deep.
2. How are Malcolm and Duncan related?
(a) Malcolm and Duncan are cousins.
(b) Malcolm is Duncan's nephew.
(c) Duncan is Malcolm's son.
(d) Malcom is Duncan's son.
3. What is Lady Macbeth's reaction when she is told of the king's death the morning after?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She pretends to cry.
(c) She faints.
(d) She acts shocked.
4. How is Lady Macbeth told of the king's murder the morning after?
(a) A bell is tolled.
(b) A servant goes to her room.
(c) Macbeth informs her in private.
(d) She sees him in his room.
5. Who is to be the new Thane of Cawdor?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the Porter speaking of death when he first appears on stage?
2. What does Macbeth say he will have to do if he is caught murdering the king?
3. What two reasons does Macbeth give for not wanting to kill Duncan?
4. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
5. Why is Macbeth plotting to kill Banquo at all?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)