|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macbeth think his wife will do after she hears of Banquo's murder?
2. Who does Banquo think killed Duncan?
(a) Lady Macbeth.
3. What two reasons does Macbeth give for not wanting to kill Duncan?
(a) Lady Macbeth is crazy, and Duncan loves them both.
(b) Macbeth is his host and he is a kinsman.
(c) The prophecy will come true on its own, and he is likely to be caught.
(d) Duncan is the king and Macbeth loves him.
4. What do the witches plan to show Macbeth the morning after Banquo's murder?
(a) His destiny.
(b) His sins.
(c) A prophecy of lies.
(d) His future disgrace.
5. What does Lady Macbeth say she would do before breaking a promise?
(a) Kill her own child.
(b) Kill her husband.
(c) Kill herself.
(d) Go mad.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Lady Macbeth told of the king's murder the morning after?
2. What does Malcolm tell Duncan of the Thane of Cawdor just before the new Thane is named?
3. What do the witches plan to harvest from the moon?
4. What happens to the original Thane of Cawdor?
5. After the murders of Duncan and Banquo, what do the witches view Macbeth as?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)