|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Macbeth choose to not tell his wife after Banquo rides away from the castle in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Banquo is unaware of their evil plots thus far.
(b) Banquo is in alliance with them.
(c) He has a plan to kill Banquo.
(d) Banquo is coming to the banquet.
2. What does Macbeth say the people would do if Duncan were killed?
(b) Go on with their lives.
(d) Seek justice.
3. After the murders of Duncan and Banquo, what do the witches view Macbeth as?
(a) A burgeoning evil.
(b) A wayward son.
(c) An amusing toy.
(d) A foolhardy man.
4. What did Lennox tell Macbeth about the night of Duncan's murder?
(a) He had never had a more peaceful night in his life.
(b) He was kept awake by strange noises and lamentations.
(c) He had horrendous dreams.
(d) He felt as if he had been drugged to sleep deep.
5. Where does Donalbain go after Duncan's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person to see the king dead?
2. What happens to the original Thane of Cawdor?
3. What does Macbeth say he will have to do if he is caught murdering the king?
4. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
5. What are the witches rebuked for the morning after Banquo's murder?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)