|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What title is Malcolm given after the battle is over?
(a) Duke of Greenwich.
(b) King of Scotland.
(c) Thane of Cawdor.
(d) Prince of Cumberland.
2. What does Macbeth think his wife will do after she hears of Banquo's murder?
3. Who is to be the new Thane of Cawdor?
4. What does Malcolm tell Duncan of the Thane of Cawdor just before the new Thane is named?
(a) He died with dignity.
(b) He is still dangerous even in death.
(c) He ran like a dog.
(d) His men still honor him.
5. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
(a) Black and deep desires.
(b) A murderous heart.
(c) Ambitions unto death.
(d) Deep and dark secrets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the witches plan to harvest from the moon?
2. What two reasons does Macbeth give for not wanting to kill Duncan?
3. What does Lady Macbeth say she would do before breaking a promise?
4. What do the witches plan to do with that which they harvest from the moon?
5. How is Lady Macbeth told of the king's murder the morning after?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)