|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Macbeth plotting to kill Banquo at all?
(a) His disloyal heart.
(b) The prophecy of Banquo's sons becoming kings.
(c) His knowledge of his crimes.
(d) A passing reference to his belief in Macbeth murdering Duncan.
2. What does Lady Macbeth say she would do before breaking a promise?
(a) Kill her husband.
(b) Kill herself.
(c) Go mad.
(d) Kill her own child.
3. How are Malcolm and Duncan related?
(a) Duncan is Malcolm's son.
(b) Malcolm is Duncan's nephew.
(c) Malcom is Duncan's son.
(d) Malcolm and Duncan are cousins.
4. Who does Lady Macbeth want to frame for Duncan's murder?
(a) His chamberlains.
(d) A servant.
5. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
(a) Black and deep desires.
(b) A murderous heart.
(c) Ambitions unto death.
(d) Deep and dark secrets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macbeth think his wife will do after she hears of Banquo's murder?
2. What do the witches plan to harvest from the moon?
3. What does Malcolm tell Duncan of the Thane of Cawdor just before the new Thane is named?
4. What happens to the original Thane of Cawdor?
5. What is Lady Macbeth's reaction when she is told of the king's death the morning after?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)