|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is to be the new Thane of Cawdor?
2. What are the witches rebuked for the morning after Banquo's murder?
(a) Not warning Banquo about his impending death.
(b) Not alerting Hecate about Macbeth.
(c) Not warning Fleance about the prophecy of his kingship.
(d) Not warning Macbeth about Fleance.
3. What do the witches plan to show Macbeth the morning after Banquo's murder?
(a) His destiny.
(b) His future disgrace.
(c) A prophecy of lies.
(d) His sins.
4. What news does Macbeth choose to not tell his wife after Banquo rides away from the castle in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) He has a plan to kill Banquo.
(b) Banquo is unaware of their evil plots thus far.
(c) Banquo is in alliance with them.
(d) Banquo is coming to the banquet.
5. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
(a) Black and deep desires.
(b) Ambitions unto death.
(c) A murderous heart.
(d) Deep and dark secrets.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Lady Macbeth told of the king's murder the morning after?
2. What happens to the original Thane of Cawdor?
3. What does Macbeth say the people would do if Duncan were killed?
4. Who do the witches meet with the morning after Banquo's murder?
5. What does Macbeth say he will have to do if he is caught murdering the king?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)