|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macbeth say about killing Duncan after Duncan arrives at his castle?
(a) He cannot do it himself.
(b) It must be done soon.
(c) It is not the time.
(d) He must not be seen as the culprit.
2. What does Macbeth think his wife will do after she hears of Banquo's murder?
3. What does Malcolm tell Duncan of the Thane of Cawdor just before the new Thane is named?
(a) He is still dangerous even in death.
(b) His men still honor him.
(c) He died with dignity.
(d) He ran like a dog.
4. What do the witches plan to harvest from the moon?
(a) A vaporous drop.
(b) Dust of the moon.
(c) A key to darkness.
(d) Artificial light.
5. What did Lennox tell Macbeth about the night of Duncan's murder?
(a) He was kept awake by strange noises and lamentations.
(b) He had horrendous dreams.
(c) He had never had a more peaceful night in his life.
(d) He felt as if he had been drugged to sleep deep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What title is Malcolm given after the battle is over?
2. Who is the first person to see the king dead?
3. What news does Macbeth choose to not tell his wife after Banquo rides away from the castle in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. After the murders of Duncan and Banquo, what do the witches view Macbeth as?
5. How is the Porter speaking of death when he first appears on stage?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)