|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macbeth say he will have to do if he is caught murdering the king?
(a) Fight another war.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Frame his wife.
(d) Go to prison.
2. Who does Banquo think killed Duncan?
(c) Lady Macbeth.
3. What two reasons does Macbeth give for not wanting to kill Duncan?
(a) The prophecy will come true on its own, and he is likely to be caught.
(b) Macbeth is his host and he is a kinsman.
(c) Lady Macbeth is crazy, and Duncan loves them both.
(d) Duncan is the king and Macbeth loves him.
4. What happens to the original Thane of Cawdor?
(a) He is killed in battle.
(b) He commits suicide rather than be taken prisoner.
(c) He flees the country.
(d) He is to be executed.
5. What do the witches plan to harvest from the moon?
(a) Dust of the moon.
(b) A vaporous drop.
(c) A key to darkness.
(d) Artificial light.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the murders of Duncan and Banquo, what do the witches view Macbeth as?
2. How is Lady Macbeth told of the king's murder the morning after?
3. What title is Malcolm given after the battle is over?
4. What does Lady Macbeth say she would do before breaking a promise?
5. Who has sole responsibility for the impending doom of Banquo?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)