|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Macbeth plotting to kill Banquo at all?
(a) A passing reference to his belief in Macbeth murdering Duncan.
(b) His knowledge of his crimes.
(c) The prophecy of Banquo's sons becoming kings.
(d) His disloyal heart.
2. Who do the witches meet with the morning after Banquo's murder?
3. What does Macbeth say about killing Duncan after Duncan arrives at his castle?
(a) He must not be seen as the culprit.
(b) It is not the time.
(c) It must be done soon.
(d) He cannot do it himself.
4. Who is to be the new Thane of Cawdor?
5. What do the witches plan to do with that which they harvest from the moon?
(a) Envelop Macbeth in darkness.
(b) Cause Macbeth to sleep so that he may be murdered in his bed.
(c) Look into the future.
(d) Create evil sprites.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 4, in an aside to the audience, what does Macbeth say he is carrying?
2. What title is Malcolm given after the battle is over?
3. What did Lennox tell Macbeth about the night of Duncan's murder?
4. What is Lady Macbeth assured of after Banquo rides away from the castle in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. What are the witches rebuked for the morning after Banquo's murder?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)