|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the Porter speaking of death when he first appears on stage?
(a) He is weeping about dead relatives of his.
(b) He is delivering a serious sermon.
(c) He is telling knock-knock jokes about death.
(d) He is whispering strange tales of ghosts and demons.
2. What does Macbeth say about killing Duncan after Duncan arrives at his castle?
(a) It must be done soon.
(b) He cannot do it himself.
(c) It is not the time.
(d) He must not be seen as the culprit.
3. What does Macbeth say he will have to do if he is caught murdering the king?
(a) Fight another war.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Go to prison.
(d) Frame his wife.
4. What does Lady Macbeth say she would do before breaking a promise?
(a) Kill her own child.
(b) Kill herself.
(c) Go mad.
(d) Kill her husband.
5. Where does Donalbain go after Duncan's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the original Thane of Cawdor?
2. After the murders of Duncan and Banquo, what do the witches view Macbeth as?
3. How is Lady Macbeth told of the king's murder the morning after?
4. What news does Macbeth choose to not tell his wife after Banquo rides away from the castle in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. What title is Malcolm given after the battle is over?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)