|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Macbeth's plan not fulfilled in Banquo's murder?
(a) Banquo was the wrong man to kill.
(b) Banquo wounded his murderer before he died.
(c) News spreads of who did it.
(d) Banquo's son escapes.
2. What does the person who escaped the ambush on Banquo in Act 3, Scene 3 do?
(a) Pretends to be dead.
(b) Ride away at top speed.
(c) Cry out to the village what is happening.
(d) Stands and fights.
3. Who are speaking at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) A gentlewoman and a doctor.
(b) Macduff and his son.
(c) Angus and Ross.
(d) Macbeth and his wife.
4. What does Lady Macbeth say she would do before breaking a promise?
(a) Kill her husband.
(b) Go mad.
(c) Kill her own child.
(d) Kill herself.
5. Who escapes the ambush on Banquo in Act 3, Scene 3?
(b) His son.
(c) His servants.
(d) His guards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so surprising to Lady Macbeth about an old man in Act 5, Scene 1?
2. What does Macbeth say the people would do if Duncan were killed?
3. Who kills Banquo?
4. What does a doctor say Lady Macbeth needs to heal?
5. What has been happening to Lady Macbeth since Banquo's death?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)