|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two reasons does Macbeth give for not wanting to kill Duncan?
(a) Macbeth is his host and he is a kinsman.
(b) Duncan is the king and Macbeth loves him.
(c) Lady Macbeth is crazy, and Duncan loves them both.
(d) The prophecy will come true on its own, and he is likely to be caught.
2. Who are speaking at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) Macbeth and his wife.
(b) Angus and Ross.
(c) A gentlewoman and a doctor.
(d) Macduff and his son.
3. What does Macbeth say the people would do if Duncan were killed?
(a) Seek justice.
(d) Go on with their lives.
4. Who escapes the ambush on Banquo in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) His son.
(b) His guards.
(c) His servants.
5. What does the person who escaped the ambush on Banquo in Act 3, Scene 3 do?
(a) Pretends to be dead.
(b) Ride away at top speed.
(c) Stands and fights.
(d) Cry out to the village what is happening.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Macbeth's plan not fulfilled in Banquo's murder?
2. What is so surprising to Lady Macbeth about an old man in Act 5, Scene 1?
3. What is Lady Macbeth trying to do while she is sleeping?
4. What does Macbeth say about killing Duncan after Duncan arrives at his castle?
5. Where does the first scene in Act 5 take place?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)