|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person who escaped the ambush on Banquo in Act 3, Scene 3 do?
(a) Stands and fights.
(b) Pretends to be dead.
(c) Ride away at top speed.
(d) Cry out to the village what is happening.
2. What is so surprising to Lady Macbeth about an old man in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) How much blood he has.
(b) How easily he died.
(c) How loud his voice was in death.
(d) How wise he is.
3. Where does the first scene in Act 5 take place?
(a) An inn.
(b) Macduff's castle.
(c) A wood.
(d) An anteroom in Macbeth's castle.
4. Who kills Banquo?
(a) Hired murderers.
(d) Banquo's servants.
5. What does Macbeth say he will have to do if he is caught murdering the king?
(a) Go to prison.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Fight another war.
(d) Frame his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are speaking at the beginning of Act 5?
2. What does Macbeth say the people would do if Duncan were killed?
3. What two reasons does Macbeth give for not wanting to kill Duncan?
4. What does Lady Macbeth say she would do before breaking a promise?
5. Where does Banquo's killer wait for him?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)