|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macbeth say he will have to do if he is caught murdering the king?
(a) Frame his wife.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Fight another war.
(d) Go to prison.
2. How is Macbeth's plan not fulfilled in Banquo's murder?
(a) Banquo's son escapes.
(b) Banquo was the wrong man to kill.
(c) Banquo wounded his murderer before he died.
(d) News spreads of who did it.
3. What is so surprising to Lady Macbeth about an old man in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) How easily he died.
(b) How wise he is.
(c) How much blood he has.
(d) How loud his voice was in death.
4. Who are speaking at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) Macduff and his son.
(b) Angus and Ross.
(c) Macbeth and his wife.
(d) A gentlewoman and a doctor.
5. What two reasons does Macbeth give for not wanting to kill Duncan?
(a) Macbeth is his host and he is a kinsman.
(b) Lady Macbeth is crazy, and Duncan loves them both.
(c) Duncan is the king and Macbeth loves him.
(d) The prophecy will come true on its own, and he is likely to be caught.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a doctor say Lady Macbeth needs to heal?
2. Who does Lady Macbeth want to frame for Duncan's murder?
3. What is Lady Macbeth trying to do while she is sleeping?
4. What does Lady Macbeth say she would do before breaking a promise?
5. Who kills Banquo?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)