|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Macbeth's plan not fulfilled in Banquo's murder?
(a) Banquo wounded his murderer before he died.
(b) News spreads of who did it.
(c) Banquo's son escapes.
(d) Banquo was the wrong man to kill.
2. What does the person who escaped the ambush on Banquo in Act 3, Scene 3 do?
(a) Pretends to be dead.
(b) Ride away at top speed.
(c) Stands and fights.
(d) Cry out to the village what is happening.
3. Where is Banquo killed?
(a) At an inn.
(b) On the road.
(c) In a forest.
(d) Near the palace.
4. What has been happening to Lady Macbeth since Banquo's death?
(a) She has been having horrible dreams.
(b) She has been sleepwalking.
(c) She has been followed by Banquo's ghost.
(d) She has been having hallucinations.
5. What two reasons does Macbeth give for not wanting to kill Duncan?
(a) Lady Macbeth is crazy, and Duncan loves them both.
(b) Duncan is the king and Macbeth loves him.
(c) The prophecy will come true on its own, and he is likely to be caught.
(d) Macbeth is his host and he is a kinsman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lady Macbeth want to frame for Duncan's murder?
2. What does Lady Macbeth say she would do before breaking a promise?
3. Who kills Banquo?
4. What does a doctor say Lady Macbeth needs to heal?
5. What does Macbeth say he will have to do if he is caught murdering the king?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)