Act 1, Scene 1
• Three Witches meet in a desert place with thunder, lightning, and rain.
• They vow to meet again, with Macbeth, when some mighty battle is over before the sun sets on the heath.
• There is something murky and terrible in the air.
Act 1, Scene 2
• Duncan, Malcolm, Donalbain, and Lennox, in a camp near Forres, meet a wounded Sergeant from whom Malcolm solicits information to inform Duncan about the battle fought to liberate Malcolm from captivity.
• The soldier replies that the rebel, Macdonwald, initially fought valiantly, as equals, against Macbeth until finally Macbeth ripped him in half with his sword and hung his head upon the battlements.
• Surgeons are sent for to assist the Sergeant who is overcome by his wounds. Ross enters, reporting that the fight against the Norwegian King, assisted by the thane of Cawdor is over.
• Victory belongs to Duncan! The Norwegian King must pay...
This section contains 2,698 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)