|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the baby go home with when Kinesias and Myrrhine are talking with each other?
2. When Myrrhine begins to _____________, she asks her husband whether he will vote to end the war.
3. ______________ shouts down for Kinesias to identify himself when he approaches.
4. When _____________ reads the parchment, the women are convinced and see her point.
5. What does the item(s) that Kinesias is wearing signify him as being frustrated about?
Essay Topic 1
It seems that in this play, appearance is something which matters more to the characters than it seems.
Part 1: Why do the women and the men slowly strip down their clothing when they are getting ready for battle?
Part 2: Why does Lysistrata dress up the Magistrate during a scene of the play?
Part 3: What does the author seem to be saying about clothes and appearance in this play? Why is this important?
Essay Topic 2
Within the play, the women and men fight for their 'rights' in society - women to have freedom and men to have power.
Part 1: Why do you think women feel they need to have more freedom now?
Part 2: Why do you think the men believe women's freedom is immoral?
Part 3: In fighting to have more, each of the genders seems to play into the stereotypes placed upon them. Why do you think this is the case?
Essay Topic 3
The battle between men and women is the main conflict of the play, but this is not a theme which is limited to this time period.
Part 1: How do you define the idea of the battle between the sexes?
Part 2: Why is the battle of the sexes something that continues in modern times?
Part 3: Do you think the battle of the sexes can ever be won? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,710 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)