|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Lysistrata talks with the ______________, some of the women try to run away.
2. Myrrhine calls Kinesias a pitiful ______________ and decides to come down to see him.
3. What does Lysistrata offer as proof that the women will be victorious in their efforts?
4. The Commissioner jokes about whether the Messenger is carrying a ______________.
5. The Female Leader promises the Male Leader she will free the ____________ in him.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The battle between men and women is the main conflict of the play, but this is not a theme which is limited to this time period.
Part 1: How do you define the idea of the battle between the sexes?
Part 2: Why is the battle of the sexes something that continues in modern times?
Part 3: Do you think the battle of the sexes can ever be won? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
War is another of the many themes touched upon in the play "Lysistrata." The men are battling and the women begin to battle the men.
Part 1: Why is war such an important part of Greek society?
Part 2: Do you think a society will ever be able to abstain from war completely? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think war is such an important part of the world today? Or is it?
Essay Topic 3
Women withholding sex from the men is more of a punchline in today's society, as evidenced by the jokes in sitcoms and movies.
Part 1: Why do you think women are seen as having more power in the sexual gratification of men?
Part 2: What do you think might happen if women were to withhold sex from men today?
Part 3: Do you think it's fair that women have so much power to control sexual encounters in today's society? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,703 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)