Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. _______________ tells the Spartans and the Athenians to take their women back home.
2. Who comes out of the Akropolis, drunk and belligerent when the door is pounded upon?
3. The Male Chorus speaks in verse and tells a story about a ____________.
4. What is NOT one of the things Kinesias feels Myrrhine should be ashamed of since she has left?
5. _____________ says that women may be hairless, but they are still mighty.
Essay Topic 1
It seems that in this play, appearance is something which matters more to the characters than it seems.
Part 1: Why do the women and the men slowly strip down their clothing when they are getting ready for battle?
Part 2: Why does Lysistrata dress up the Magistrate during a scene of the play?
Part 3: What does the author seem to be saying about clothes and appearance in this play? Why is this important?
Essay Topic 2
Beyond the idea of gender differences, the play also tackles the more general theme of power and of control.
Part 1: Why are the women concerned that the men have more control or power in society?
Part 2: Why are the men interested in being in control over the women?
Part 3: Do you think the theme of control and power are applicable to today's society? Why or why not? In what ways, if so?
Essay Topic 3
Through the play, one can begin to see what the author, Aristophanes, thought about women as well.
Part 1: Why do you think a woman was chosen to be the main character of this play?
Part 2: How is Lysistrata portrayed in this play? Is she strong and powerful or weak and manipulative?
Part 3: Do you think Aristophanes has a positive opinion of women? Why or why not?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)