Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. _______________ tells the Spartans and the Athenians to take their women back home.
2. Who comes out of the Akropolis, drunk and belligerent when the door is pounded upon?
3. The Male Chorus speaks in verse and tells a story about a ____________.
4. What is NOT one of the things Kinesias feels Myrrhine should be ashamed of since she has left?
5. _____________ says that women may be hairless, but they are still mighty.
Essay Topic 1
What's compelling about this play is that in the quest for peace, the women fight with the men - which seems to be a contradiction.
Part 1: Does one always have to fight for peace? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think the women thought it was okay to fight the men to get what they wanted?
Part 3: Do you think the women are being hypocritical in fighting the men on their journey toward peace? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
It's interesting to think about other motivations the women may have had in this play to begin to withhold sex.
Part 1: Do you think the intentions of the women were pure and only for the promotion of peace? Why or why not?
Part 2: How does the play change for you if the women were simply withholding sex because they were bored from being at home alone?
Part 3: Do you think the women were as interested in peace as they seemed to be? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Though the women are looking to have more freedom and to have peace in the area, they seem to be going about it by playing on stereotypes they're trying to dismiss.
Part 1: Why did the women choose sex as the bargaining chip in the fight for peace?
Part 2: Do you think tempting the men is a strong way of showing the men that they are the more powerful sex? Why or why not?
Part 3: Does the idea of women using lust to gain power seem to support feminism or not? Why?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)