Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. _______________ tells the Spartans and the Athenians to take their women back home.
2. Who comes out of the Akropolis, drunk and belligerent when the door is pounded upon?
3. The Male Chorus speaks in verse and tells a story about a ____________.
4. What is NOT one of the things Kinesias feels Myrrhine should be ashamed of since she has left?
5. _____________ says that women may be hairless, but they are still mighty.
Lysistrata is a character few people can forget after reading this play.
Part 1: Why do you think Lysistrata believes that only women can help to bring peace to the society?
Part 2: What might have motivated Lysistrata to be the one to be in charge of this new plan?
Part 3: Do you think you would have followed Lysistrata if you were a part of the society of the time?
Sex seems to be the main theme and struggle of the play - after all, the women are holding back sexual favors to get their way.
Part 1: Do you think the idea of withholding sex is a good idea to promote peace?
Part 2: Do you think the withholding of sex would work in modern times? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think that the women decided that sex was the only way to create peace?
There are a number of different points at which Aristophanes uses symbolism in his play.
Part 1: What do you think the symbolism of the men carrying wood and fire is? Why?
Part 2: What do you think the symbolism of the women carrying water in pitchers is? Why?
Part 3: How might the scene in which the women douse the men with water be interpreted on a symbolic level? Why?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)