|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Myrrhine says that she will come back if Kinesias stops the ___________.
2. The Commissioner orders the ____________ to move along, saying the Spartans need to pass.
3. From where does Lysistrata run, clearly upset by the events which have taken place?
4. Where does Myrrhine appear when she finally sees Kinesias as he approaches the building?
5. Who makes crude jokes about the frustrated man who entered the scene before them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What's compelling about this play is that in the quest for peace, the women fight with the men - which seems to be a contradiction.
Part 1: Does one always have to fight for peace? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think the women thought it was okay to fight the men to get what they wanted?
Part 3: Do you think the women are being hypocritical in fighting the men on their journey toward peace? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Women withholding sex from the men is more of a punchline in today's society, as evidenced by the jokes in sitcoms and movies.
Part 1: Why do you think women are seen as having more power in the sexual gratification of men?
Part 2: What do you think might happen if women were to withhold sex from men today?
Part 3: Do you think it's fair that women have so much power to control sexual encounters in today's society? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
It seems that in this play, appearance is something which matters more to the characters than it seems.
Part 1: Why do the women and the men slowly strip down their clothing when they are getting ready for battle?
Part 2: Why does Lysistrata dress up the Magistrate during a scene of the play?
Part 3: What does the author seem to be saying about clothes and appearance in this play? Why is this important?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)