|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The women treat the men to a ___________________ and each goes home with her husband.
2. What is the slave carrying when the scene begins in this part of the play?
3. What else does the Male Chorus want to end, as told in their cries to the god?
4. When Myrrhine begins to _____________, she asks her husband whether he will vote to end the war.
5. What does Kinesias say he will do when he becomes more and more frustrated with Myrrhine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lysistrata is a character few people can forget after reading this play.
Part 1: Why do you think Lysistrata believes that only women can help to bring peace to the society?
Part 2: What might have motivated Lysistrata to be the one to be in charge of this new plan?
Part 3: Do you think you would have followed Lysistrata if you were a part of the society of the time?
Essay Topic 2
Women withholding sex from the men is more of a punchline in today's society, as evidenced by the jokes in sitcoms and movies.
Part 1: Why do you think women are seen as having more power in the sexual gratification of men?
Part 2: What do you think might happen if women were to withhold sex from men today?
Part 3: Do you think it's fair that women have so much power to control sexual encounters in today's society? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
While the subject matter might seem a bit dark and serious at times, it seems that this play is considered a comedy.
Part 1: Why do you think this play is actually considered to be a comedy?
Part 2: Do you think the comedic parts support or diminish the themes of this play? Why?
Part 3: Would you consider this play to be a comedy? Why or why not?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)