|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kinesias eagerly urges Myrrhine to __________ with him, but she stalls him.
2. The Male Chorus speaks in verse and tells a story about a ____________.
3. Lysistrata says that all the women have heard about what a _________ man Kinesias is.
4. __________ advances from the Male Chorus to talk about how mighty the man in the story is.
5. What is NOT one of the things that Myrrhine runs back and forth to fetch from the temple?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
War is another of the many themes touched upon in the play "Lysistrata." The men are battling and the women begin to battle the men.
Part 1: Why is war such an important part of Greek society?
Part 2: Do you think a society will ever be able to abstain from war completely? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think war is such an important part of the world today? Or is it?
Essay Topic 2
The Magistrate, when he comes in, starts by demeaning the women in order to get them to see reason.
Part 1: Why do you think the Magistrate feels the actions of the women need to stop?
Part 2: Why do you think the Magistrate tries to demean the women? Does he really think it will work?
Part 3: What do you think of the Magistrate? Is this an example of a powerful man? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Lysistrata is a character few people can forget after reading this play.
Part 1: Why do you think Lysistrata believes that only women can help to bring peace to the society?
Part 2: What might have motivated Lysistrata to be the one to be in charge of this new plan?
Part 3: Do you think you would have followed Lysistrata if you were a part of the society of the time?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)