|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The person in the story from the Female Chorus still loves ____________.
2. The women are also complaining about the noise of the __________ when they come out to talk to Lysistrata.
3. The Male Leader comes into the scene to complain about the _________ of women.
4. Lysistrata is upset because it seems that the women want to ____________.
5. The Chorus of Women say they are ready to entertain again, but to keep the ____________ locked, just in case.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Women withholding sex from the men is more of a punchline in today's society, as evidenced by the jokes in sitcoms and movies.
Part 1: Why do you think women are seen as having more power in the sexual gratification of men?
Part 2: What do you think might happen if women were to withhold sex from men today?
Part 3: Do you think it's fair that women have so much power to control sexual encounters in today's society? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The Magistrate, when he comes in, starts by demeaning the women in order to get them to see reason.
Part 1: Why do you think the Magistrate feels the actions of the women need to stop?
Part 2: Why do you think the Magistrate tries to demean the women? Does he really think it will work?
Part 3: What do you think of the Magistrate? Is this an example of a powerful man? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Money is another theme that seems to take up a lot of energy in this play, with the women taking over the Treasury as well.
Part 1: Why do you think the women decided that the Treasury might also impact the peace efforts?
Part 2: What do you think the play is trying to say about the roles of sex and money in society? Why?
Part 3: Do you think sex or money has more power in society? Why?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)