|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lysistrata points out that she wants women to gain ______________ through making themselves pretty.
2. What do the women fling at the men in order to douse their aggression?
3. The ________ Leader grabs the __________ Leader and slips away, telling the Chorus of Women to fight back.
(a) Female/Old Man.
(d) Male/Old Woman.
4. ____________ demands that Lysistrata tell the women why they are there for the meeting.
5. The Male Leader tells the men they must retake the ____________ and teach the women a lesson.
Short Answer Questions
1. The _________ vow to fight with real, physical strength in the battle between the men and the women.
2. The Commissioner says that as ____________, they are responsible for what is happening.
3. Who reassures Lysistrata that the women will show up for the meeting she has called?
4. Lysistrata speaks to the Chorus of Women, telling them to rise up and claim their ___________.
5. _____________ says she will bring he men of Sparta over to her plan, and then the plan can be extended.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Messenger from Sparta trying to conceal underneath his cloak when he walks in?
2. What does the Commissioner tell the Messenger to do in response to the news he hears?
3. What does Kinesias say about the condition of the baby that the slave is carrying?
4. What does Lysistrata confess she has been thinking about when Kleonike asks her why she called the meeting?
5. What does Lysistrata tell the women when she says she understands they are lonely?
6. What does the Female Leader suggest now that peace is at hand, which the Male Leader initially refuses?
7. What does Myrrhine tell Kinesias as she appears on the roof to talk to him?
8. After Lysistrata disappears to get Myrrhine, what does Kinesias complain about?
9. How does Lysistrata think that salvation can be gained for women?
10. Who is Kinesias followed by when he comes into the Temple?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)