|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is making the men in the Chorus choke as they are trying to reach the temple?
(a) Smoke from the fire.
(b) The food they cooked.
(c) The oil smell.
(d) Their own smell.
2. Lysistrata tells the Commissioner to come back in a few days as they will make sure he is properly ___________.
3. Who has seized the Treasury so the Commissioner cannot go through with his deal?
4. What does the Female Leader notice from the men's pots so she tells the women to stop?
5. The men think the women's plan is a cover for a plan by _________ to empty the Athenian Treasury.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Male Leader do to the Female Leader when he approaches her?
2. Who is NOT one of the women who complain that since the men have been at war, they've hardly been home at all?
3. Lysistrata explains that withholding the _____________ means the men will be unable to go to war.
4. The Commissioner demands to know why they women are so concerned about ____________.
5. The _________ vow to fight with real, physical strength in the battle between the men and the women.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lysistrata tell the Spartans and the Athenians to do when they all come out of the Temple?
2. What does Lysistrata remind the Commissioner when the women overwhelm the officers at the Akropolis?
3. What does the Messenger tell the Commissioner about the state of affairs in Sparta?
4. What are the Chorus of Men carrying when they enter the scene at the beginning of Part 2?
5. What happens when the Male Leader talks about the injuries that have been done to them?
6. What happens as Lysistrata talks to the Female Leader, proving her confession to the leader?
7. What kinds of crude jokes does the Commissioner make to the Messenger from Sparta?
8. What is the Messenger from Sparta trying to conceal underneath his cloak when he walks in?
9. Who is Kinesias followed by when he comes into the Temple?
10. How do the men vow to fight the women, even though their bodies ache and the smoke makes them choke?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)