|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lysistrata notes that when women offered suggestions, they were told to be ____________.
2. The women talk about how they have grown from __________ into powerful womanhood.
3. The ________ Leader grabs the __________ Leader and slips away, telling the Chorus of Women to fight back.
(a) Male/Old Woman.
(c) Female/Old Man.
4. Lysistrata talks about unraveling the political and military situation in the city the same way one would unravel __________.
5. What do the women remove in order to show that they too are dressed for battle?
Short Answer Questions
1. The men think the women's plan is a cover for a plan by _________ to empty the Athenian Treasury.
2. Kleonike tells Lysistrata to be _______ as women are supposed to be good for only certain things.
3. The Male Leader says that by taking the lead in the battle, he takes his place alongside the great ___________ of Athenian history.
4. Lysistrata explains that her plan is to have the women abstain from ____________ in order to end the war.
5. The Male Leader tells the men of the Chorus, they must go to the _____________ in order to regain control.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as Lysistrata talks to the Female Leader, proving her confession to the leader?
2. What happens when the Male Leader bangs on the door of the Akropolis?
3. What does the Commissioner credit with helping the talks that have taken place in the Akropolis?
4. What do the women do after Lysistrata reads to them the prophecy and they see her point?
5. How does Lysistrata think that salvation can be gained for women?
6. What does the Commissioner order the Chorus to do when he comes out of the temple?
7. What does the Old Man have to say about the hunter in the story that they have told?
8. What is the Messenger from Sparta trying to conceal underneath his cloak when he walks in?
9. What happens as the officers attempt to arrest the women who are blocking the way to the Akropolis?
10. What is the story of the hunter that the Male Chorus tells in verse?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)