|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Male Leader do to the Female Leader to cause her to lash out initially?
(a) Tries to seduce her.
(c) Threatens her.
(d) Laughs at her.
2. The _______________ pour out of the temple, overwhelming the Commissioner and the men.
3. The women urge themselves to have ____________ as they approach the men.
4. When Lysistrata says they need one person to represent all the women in the oath, who is this person?
5. Who is told to go to Sparta to spread the word about the plan of Lysistrata?
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead, Kleonike suggests that the oath be sworn with a _____________.
2. What does the grabbing in #93 do to the Male Leader in the play?
3. Lysistrata explains that withholding the _____________ means the men will be unable to go to war.
4. Lysistrata wraps the Commissioner up in a piece of __________ to represent a shroud.
5. The Commissioner goes into a story about how women fighting for their rights brings ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. When the Female Leader speaks of having invested her sons in the life and worth of Athens, what does she suggest?
2. What does the Male Leader complain about after the Commissioner decides to try to create peace?
3. What does Lysistrata tell the women when she says she understands they are lonely?
4. What happens when the Male Leader bangs on the door of the Akropolis?
5. What is the Messenger from Sparta trying to conceal underneath his cloak when he walks in?
6. What does Kinesias plead for when he is talking to Lysistrata during this scene?
7. What is the story the Female Chorus tells in rebuttal of the men's story about the hunter?
8. What does Kinesias have to share when he comes out of the temple, though he first talks like a Spartan?
9. What does Lysistrata think will happen if the women of Greece take control?
10. What do Kleonike and some of the others complain about as they are waiting in the Temple?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)