|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ________ Leader grabs the __________ Leader and slips away, telling the Chorus of Women to fight back.
(b) Female/Old Man.
(d) Male/Old Woman.
2. When Lysistrata says they need one person to represent all the women in the oath, who is this person?
3. _______________ tells Lysistrata that a peace oath can not be sworn on the item from #28.
4. The Commissioner goes into a story about how women fighting for their rights brings ______________.
(a) Better understanding.
(c) Moral chaos.
(d) Gender wars.
5. The Commissioner says he refuses to be told to be quiet by someone wearing a ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the man becomes ___________, Lysistrata says that the woman should refuse to go all the way.
2. _____________ says she will bring he men of Sparta over to her plan, and then the plan can be extended.
3. Lysistrata says that when ___________ agrees, she is the only one who is worthy of being called a woman.
4. Who is the big strapping woman who arrives in time for Lysistrata's meeting of the women of the area?
5. What does the Male Leader do to the Female Leader when he approaches her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lysistrata conclude her final statement to the Athenians and Spartans?
2. What kinds of crude jokes does the Commissioner make to the Messenger from Sparta?
3. What does the Messenger tell the Commissioner about the state of affairs in Sparta?
4. Who is Kinesias followed by when he comes into the Temple?
5. What does Lampito demand from Lysistrata when she arrives at the meeting Lysistrata has called?
6. What is the long story that the Magistrate tells at the start of the scene supposed to illustrate?
7. What happens as the officers attempt to arrest the women who are blocking the way to the Akropolis?
8. When the Female Leader speaks of having invested her sons in the life and worth of Athens, what does she suggest?
9. What does the Commissioner credit with helping the talks that have taken place in the Akropolis?
10. Why can't the Commissioner complete a deal with the Athenian fleet to outfit the fleet with wood?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)