|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The women urge themselves to have ____________ as they approach the men.
2. Who appears with the four police officers at the start of this part of the play?
3. What does Lysistrata have in her hand that helps her block the advances of the officers?
4. Who is the big strapping woman who arrives in time for Lysistrata's meeting of the women of the area?
5. Lysistrata explains that withholding the _____________ means the men will be unable to go to war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lysistrata lets the women know there is already a group of older ___________ women waiting for her signal.
2. Who is NOT one of the women who complain that since the men have been at war, they've hardly been home at all?
3. The men think the women's plan is a cover for a plan by _________ to empty the Athenian Treasury.
4. The Male Leader asks the Commissioner to arrest Lysistrata and the rest of the women in the name of ____________.
5. _______________ tells Lysistrata that a peace oath can not be sworn on the item from #28.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lysistrata reveal to the Female Leader when she asks Lysistrata what is wrong?
2. What happens as the Men and the Women go head to head in the battle?
3. As the men arrange the wood and themselves for the attack, who approaches them?
4. What does the Male Leader do when he approaches the Female Leader?
5. Who is Kinesias followed by when he comes into the Temple?
6. What does Lysistrata hear when she asks the women what they think of their men being at war?
7. How does Lysistrata conclude her final statement to the Athenians and Spartans?
8. What do to the women talk about as they prepare for battle with the men?
9. What does Lysistrata tell the Spartans and the Athenians to do when they all come out of the Temple?
10. What does the Messenger tell the Commissioner about the state of affairs in Sparta?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)