|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lysistrata reminds the Commissioner to never underestimate the power of ____________.
2. The only way that Greece can attain unity and ________ is if the women take control, according to Lysistrata.
3. What is the Chorus of Men complaining about when they enter the second part?
(a) The women.
(b) Their work.
(c) Their knees.
(d) Their desires.
4. Who is told to go to Sparta to spread the word about the plan of Lysistrata?
5. When the man becomes ___________, Lysistrata says that the woman should refuse to go all the way.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the well-off young woman who decides to attend the meeting Lysistrata has called?
2. The Chorus of Men remove another layer of clothing to give the women a whiff of _____________.
3. The Commissioner talks about how they have allowed their women too much ______________.
4. Lysistrata admits that her plan also includes taking over ___________ Temple and the Akropolis.
5. Lysistrata notes that when women offered suggestions, they were told to be ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the women do after Lysistrata reads to them the prophecy and they see her point?
2. What is the long story that the Magistrate tells at the start of the scene supposed to illustrate?
3. What does Lampito demand from Lysistrata when she arrives at the meeting Lysistrata has called?
4. What is Kinesias wearing when he enters the Temple in order to talk to Myrrhine?
5. What are the Chorus of Men carrying when they enter the scene at the beginning of Part 2?
6. What does Lysistrata tell the women when she says she understands they are lonely?
7. What does Kinesias plead for when he is talking to Lysistrata during this scene?
8. What does Kinesias have to share when he comes out of the temple, though he first talks like a Spartan?
9. What is the Messenger from Sparta trying to conceal underneath his cloak when he walks in?
10. What does the Commissioner tell the Messenger to do in response to the news he hears?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)