|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Female Leaders talks about having invested her _________ in the life and worth of Athens.
2. Who is told to go to Sparta to spread the word about the plan of Lysistrata?
3. What do the women remove in order to show that they too are dressed for battle?
4. Kleonike reluctantly takes hold of the _____________ with Lysistrata.
5. Who is the well-off young woman who decides to attend the meeting Lysistrata has called?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lysistrata says that she has been thinking about the state of ___________ for a long time.
2. The Male Leader asks the Commissioner to arrest Lysistrata and the rest of the women in the name of ____________.
3. The ________ Leader grabs the __________ Leader and slips away, telling the Chorus of Women to fight back.
4. The women urge themselves to have ____________ as they approach the men.
5. The goal for the men is to ____________ the women and make them leave the temple.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lysistrata reveal to the Female Leader when she asks Lysistrata what is wrong?
2. What does Lysistrata confess she has been thinking about when Kleonike asks her why she called the meeting?
3. What does Lysistrata have to complain to Kleonike when Kleonike arrives at the meeting?
4. What does Lysistrata hear when she asks the women what they think of their men being at war?
5. What does the Female Leader suggest now that peace is at hand, which the Male Leader initially refuses?
6. What happens as the Men and the Women go head to head in the battle?
7. What happens when the Male Leader talks about the injuries that have been done to them?
8. What does Myrrhine tell Kinesias as she appears on the roof to talk to him?
9. What is the story of the hunter that the Male Chorus tells in verse?
10. What does the Commissioner tell the Messenger to do in response to the news he hears?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)