|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the well-off young woman who decides to attend the meeting Lysistrata has called?
2. What does the Male Leader do to the Female Leader to cause her to lash out initially?
(a) Laughs at her.
(c) Tries to seduce her.
(d) Threatens her.
3. Lysistrata reminds the Commissioner to never underestimate the power of ____________.
4. What does the Female Leader notice from the men's pots so she tells the women to stop?
5. Lampito does wonder about the men of ______________, though Sparta does seem to be reasonable.
Short Answer Questions
1. In thoughts of what does Kleonike begin to lose herself when she is talking with Lysistrata?
2. Lysistrata complains to her friend that if there is a ____________, the women are there in a hurry.
3. The Male Leader says that by taking the lead in the battle, he takes his place alongside the great ___________ of Athenian history.
4. What do the women remove in order to show that they too are dressed for battle?
5. ____________ delivers a speech about how men have made a mess in the city for years as the women have sat by.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Chorus of Men remove another layer of clothing, as they explain to the women?
2. What does the Commissioner credit with helping the talks that have taken place in the Akropolis?
3. What does the Male Leader complain about after the Commissioner decides to try to create peace?
4. What kinds of crude jokes does the Commissioner make to the Messenger from Sparta?
5. What does Lysistrata have to complain to Kleonike when Kleonike arrives at the meeting?
6. What do to the women talk about as they prepare for battle with the men?
7. What does the Messenger tell the Commissioner about the state of affairs in Sparta?
8. What does the Male Leader tell the rest of the Chorus they have to do in order to teach the women a lesson?
9. What does Kinesias plead for when he is talking to Lysistrata during this scene?
10. When the Female Leader speaks of having invested her sons in the life and worth of Athens, what does she suggest?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)