|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the big strapping woman who arrives in time for Lysistrata's meeting of the women of the area?
2. Lysistrata tells the women to be calm and wait for the spirit of _________ to fill the men so the attack can really begin.
3. Lysistrata does add that if the men ____________, then the women can go ahead, but take no pleasure in it.
(c) Harm them.
(d) Say they will divorce them.
4. The men vow they will fight ______________ the same way they fought in the wars.
(a) The priests.
(b) Their desires.
(c) The women.
(d) The government.
5. The women urge themselves to have ____________ as they approach the men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lysistrata talks about unraveling the political and military situation in the city the same way one would unravel __________.
2. The Commissioner demands to know why they women are so concerned about ____________.
3. What is NOT one of the things that happen when the Male Leader and the Female Leader meet?
4. The women talk about how they have grown from __________ into powerful womanhood.
5. The women also complain about how hard it was to fill their _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Male Leader bangs on the door of the Akropolis?
2. What do the women say amongst themselves as they realize the men are at the temple waiting for them?
3. What does the Messenger tell the Commissioner about the state of affairs in Sparta?
4. What does the Male Leader tell the rest of the Chorus they have to do in order to teach the women a lesson?
5. When the Female Leader speaks of having invested her sons in the life and worth of Athens, what does she suggest?
6. Why can't the Commissioner complete a deal with the Athenian fleet to outfit the fleet with wood?
7. What do the women do after Lysistrata reads to them the prophecy and they see her point?
8. What does the Commissioner tell the Messenger to do in response to the news he hears?
9. Why do the Chorus of Men remove another layer of clothing, as they explain to the women?
10. What does Kinesias plead for when he is talking to Lysistrata during this scene?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)