|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reassures Lysistrata that the women will show up for the meeting she has called?
2. When Lysistrata says they need one person to represent all the women in the oath, who is this person?
3. The Commissioner gives a speech about how women use their _________________.
(d) Sexual wiles.
4. Lysistrata explains that her plan is to have the women abstain from ____________ in order to end the war.
(b) Sexual relations.
(c) Hair brushing.
5. The Female Leaders talks about having invested her _________ in the life and worth of Athens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women fling at the men in order to douse their aggression?
2. ____________ says she has no concerns with making this plan work with the men of Sparta.
3. What does the Female Leader notice from the men's pots so she tells the women to stop?
4. What does Lysistrata have in her hand that helps her block the advances of the officers?
5. Kleonike reluctantly takes hold of the _____________ with Lysistrata.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Kinesias followed by when he comes into the Temple?
2. What is the story of the hunter that the Male Chorus tells in verse?
3. What does Kinesias have to share when he comes out of the temple, though he first talks like a Spartan?
4. What does the Male Leader say to the men as they are walking into the scene?
5. When the Female Leader speaks of having invested her sons in the life and worth of Athens, what does she suggest?
6. What does the Male Leader remind the Chorus of men to do with the pot and the wood?
7. What does Lysistrata tell the Spartans and the Athenians to do when they all come out of the Temple?
8. Why does Kinesias think that Myrrhine should be ashamed of herself?
9. What do the Chorus of Men believe the women's plot is actually just a cover for?
10. What does the Commissioner credit with helping the talks that have taken place in the Akropolis?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)