|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reassures Lysistrata that the women will show up for the meeting she has called?
2. What does the Female Leader grab before running back to the women?
(a) Male Leader's helmet.
(b) Male Leader's sword.
(c) Male Leader's shield.
(d) Male Leader's ankle.
3. Lysistrata does add that if the men ____________, then the women can go ahead, but take no pleasure in it.
(a) Harm them.
(d) Say they will divorce them.
4. The Commissioner goes into a story about how women fighting for their rights brings ______________.
(a) Gender wars.
(b) Better understanding.
(c) Moral chaos.
5. Lysistrata notes that when women offered suggestions, they were told to be ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lysistrata believes the women will make themselves so pretty that the men will not want to _____________.
2. Who loudly supports the proposal that Lysistrata talks about as illustrated in #74?
3. The Commissioner says that as ____________, they are responsible for what is happening.
4. Lysistrata reminds the Commissioner to never underestimate the power of ____________.
5. The men vow they will fight ______________ the same way they fought in the wars.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kinesias plead for when he is talking to Lysistrata during this scene?
2. Who is Kinesias followed by when he comes into the Temple?
3. What is the story the Female Chorus tells in rebuttal of the men's story about the hunter?
4. What does the Male Leader do when he approaches the Female Leader?
5. What do the women say amongst themselves as they realize the men are at the temple waiting for them?
6. What does Lysistrata confess she has been thinking about when Kleonike asks her why she called the meeting?
7. Why does Kinesias think that Myrrhine should be ashamed of herself?
8. What do the Chorus of Men believe the women's plot is actually just a cover for?
9. What does Lysistrata tell the women when she says she understands they are lonely?
10. What do to the women talk about as they prepare for battle with the men?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)