|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Commissioner demands to know why they women are so concerned about ____________.
2. Who has seized the Treasury so the Commissioner cannot go through with his deal?
3. Lysistrata suggests they all take ______________ to seal their bargain and their plan.
(a) A piece of clothing off.
(b) An offering.
(c) An oath.
(d) A blood blessing.
4. What does the Female Leader hit the Male Leader with before running back?
5. Lysistrata does add that if the men ____________, then the women can go ahead, but take no pleasure in it.
(b) Harm them.
(c) Say they will divorce them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kleonike reluctantly takes hold of the _____________ with Lysistrata.
2. Lysistrata says that when ___________ agrees, she is the only one who is worthy of being called a woman.
3. In thoughts of what does Kleonike begin to lose herself when she is talking with Lysistrata?
4. Lysistrata says that she has been thinking about the state of ___________ for a long time.
5. The Chorus of Women point out that the men have left Athens with ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Kinesias wearing when he enters the Temple in order to talk to Myrrhine?
2. What does Lysistrata remind the Commissioner when the women overwhelm the officers at the Akropolis?
3. What is the Messenger from Sparta trying to conceal underneath his cloak when he walks in?
4. What does the Messenger tell the Commissioner about the state of affairs in Sparta?
5. What does the Commissioner order the Chorus to do when he comes out of the temple?
6. What does Lysistrata tell the Spartans and the Athenians to do when they all come out of the Temple?
7. How does Lysistrata conclude her final statement to the Athenians and Spartans?
8. What does the Old Man have to say about the hunter in the story that they have told?
9. What happens when the Male Leader bangs on the door of the Akropolis?
10. What do the women say amongst themselves as they realize the men are at the temple waiting for them?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)