|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lysistrata is pacing at the start of the play, waiting for the women of ____________ to arrive.
2. The _________ vow to fight with real, physical strength in the battle between the men and the women.
(b) Old Men.
(c) Old Women.
3. Who is the pretty young woman who arrives in time for Lysistrata's meeting of the women of the town?
4. Who is NOT one of the women who complain that since the men have been at war, they've hardly been home at all?
5. Lysistrata tells the Commissioner to come back in a few days as they will make sure he is properly ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the big strapping woman who arrives in time for Lysistrata's meeting of the women of the area?
2. To whom do the Women pray in order to have strength and guidance?
3. The Male Leader asks the Commissioner to arrest Lysistrata and the rest of the women in the name of ____________.
4. Lysistrata admits that her plan also includes taking over ___________ Temple and the Akropolis.
5. _____________ says she will bring he men of Sparta over to her plan, and then the plan can be extended.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Kleonike and some of the others complain about as they are waiting in the Temple?
2. What does the Female Leader suggest now that peace is at hand, which the Male Leader initially refuses?
3. What do the women say amongst themselves as they realize the men are at the temple waiting for them?
4. Why can't the Commissioner complete a deal with the Athenian fleet to outfit the fleet with wood?
5. What does Lysistrata tell the Spartans and the Athenians to do when they all come out of the Temple?
6. What happens when the Male Leader bangs on the door of the Akropolis?
7. What are the Chorus of Men carrying when they enter the scene at the beginning of Part 2?
8. What does Lysistrata tell the women when she says she understands they are lonely?
9. What does Lysistrata remind the Commissioner when the women overwhelm the officers at the Akropolis?
10. What does the Commissioner order the Chorus to do when he comes out of the temple?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)