|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the big strapping woman who arrives in time for Lysistrata's meeting of the women of the area?
2. The _________ vow to fight with real, physical strength in the battle between the men and the women.
(a) Old Men.
(d) Old Women.
3. Lysistrata complains to her friend that if there is a ____________, the women are there in a hurry.
4. Lysistrata explains that her plan is to have the women abstain from ____________ in order to end the war.
(c) Hair brushing.
(d) Sexual relations.
5. When the man becomes ___________, Lysistrata says that the woman should refuse to go all the way.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reassures Lysistrata that the women will show up for the meeting she has called?
2. The Chorus of Women point out that the men have left Athens with ___________.
3. As the wine is poured, the women in the group comment about how much it looks like _____________.
4. The Male and Female Chorus Leaders argue about who has the right to ____________, men or women.
5. What does the Male Leader do to the Female Leader when he approaches her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as the officers attempt to arrest the women who are blocking the way to the Akropolis?
2. What does the Female Leader do to the Male Leader when he threatens her?
3. What do the women say amongst themselves as they realize the men are at the temple waiting for them?
4. What does the Male Leader tell the rest of the Chorus they have to do in order to teach the women a lesson?
5. What does Lysistrata hear when she asks the women what they think of their men being at war?
6. How does Lysistrata conclude her final statement to the Athenians and Spartans?
7. What does Lampito demand from Lysistrata when she arrives at the meeting Lysistrata has called?
8. What does the Male Leader do when he approaches the Female Leader?
9. Why do the Chorus of Men remove another layer of clothing, as they explain to the women?
10. What happens as the Men and the Women go head to head in the battle?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)