|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the man becomes ___________, Lysistrata says that the woman should refuse to go all the way.
2. Lysistrata tells the Commissioner to come back in a few days as they will make sure he is properly ___________.
3. The Commissioner gives a speech about how women use their _________________.
(b) Sexual wiles.
4. What is making the men in the Chorus choke as they are trying to reach the temple?
(a) Their own smell.
(b) Smoke from the fire.
(c) The food they cooked.
(d) The oil smell.
5. The _________ vow to fight with real, physical strength in the battle between the men and the women.
(b) Old Women.
(c) Old Men.
Short Answer Questions
1. The goal for the men is to ____________ the women and make them leave the temple.
2. The women urge themselves to have ____________ as they approach the men.
3. Lysistrata explains that her plan is to have the women abstain from ____________ in order to end the war.
4. The Commissioner goes into a story about how women fighting for their rights brings ______________.
5. Lysistrata is pacing at the start of the play, waiting for the women of ____________ to arrive.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Male Leader do when he approaches the Female Leader?
2. What does the Male Leader complain about after the Commissioner decides to try to create peace?
3. When the Female Leader speaks of having invested her sons in the life and worth of Athens, what does she suggest?
4. What kinds of crude jokes does the Commissioner make to the Messenger from Sparta?
5. What does the Commissioner say the males have done, which has caused the chaos to erupt?
6. What does Lysistrata remind the Commissioner when the women overwhelm the officers at the Akropolis?
7. What does Kleonike tell Lysistrata that women are good for, and she says this is only practical to think this?
8. What does Kinesias say about the condition of the baby that the slave is carrying?
9. What does Myrrhine tell Kinesias as she appears on the roof to talk to him?
10. Why do the Chorus of Men remove another layer of clothing, as they explain to the women?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)