|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lysistrata says that when ___________ agrees, she is the only one who is worthy of being called a woman.
2. What does the grabbing in #93 do to the Male Leader in the play?
(a) Tips him over.
(c) Makes him laugh.
(d) Kills him.
3. When Lysistrata says they need one person to represent all the women in the oath, who is this person?
4. _______________ tells Lysistrata that a peace oath can not be sworn on the item from #28.
5. Lysistrata believes the women will make themselves so pretty that the men will not want to _____________.
(a) Go to war.
(b) Fight in the coliseum.
(c) Drink anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears with the four police officers at the start of this part of the play?
2. The Chorus of Men appears, carrying a pot containing ___________ and branches of wood.
3. The Commissioner talks about making a deal that will outfit the Athenian __________ with wood to make repairs.
4. In thoughts of what does Kleonike begin to lose herself when she is talking with Lysistrata?
5. Who loudly supports the proposal that Lysistrata talks about as illustrated in #74?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as Lysistrata talks to the Female Leader, proving her confession to the leader?
2. Why is Lysistrata pacing at the start of the play during the opening scene?
3. What does the Commissioner order the Chorus to do when he comes out of the temple?
4. What does Kinesias say about the condition of the baby that the slave is carrying?
5. What is the story of the hunter that the Male Chorus tells in verse?
6. What is Kinesias wearing when he enters the Temple in order to talk to Myrrhine?
7. What are the Chorus of Men carrying when they enter the scene at the beginning of Part 2?
8. What is the story the Female Chorus tells in rebuttal of the men's story about the hunter?
9. What does the Female Leader do to the Male Leader when he threatens her?
10. What does the Commissioner credit with helping the talks that have taken place in the Akropolis?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)