Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the grabbing in #93 do to the Male Leader in the play?
(b) Tips him over.
(c) Makes him laugh.
(d) Kills him.
2. The Female Leaders talks about having invested her _________ in the life and worth of Athens.
3. Who is the well-off young woman who decides to attend the meeting Lysistrata has called?
4. The goal for the men is to ____________ the women and make them leave the temple.
(a) Smoke out.
5. Lysistrata does add that if the men ____________, then the women can go ahead, but take no pleasure in it.
(c) Say they will divorce them.
(d) Harm them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lysistrata tells the Commissioner to come back in a few days as they will make sure he is properly ___________.
2. Lysistrata explains that her plan is to have the women abstain from ____________ in order to end the war.
3. Kleonike reminds Lysistrata that women are supposed to be pretty, ornamental, and __________.
4. What is NOT one of the things that happen when the Male Leader and the Female Leader meet?
5. What does Lysistrata say the women will do for the men, which angers the Commissioner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lysistrata tell the women when she says she understands they are lonely?
2. What does the Commissioner order the Chorus to do when he comes out of the temple?
3. How does Lysistrata conclude her final statement to the Athenians and Spartans?
4. What does the Female Leader do to the Male Leader when he threatens her?
5. When the Female Leader speaks of having invested her sons in the life and worth of Athens, what does she suggest?
6. What is the Messenger from Sparta trying to conceal underneath his cloak when he walks in?
7. As the men arrange the wood and themselves for the attack, who approaches them?
8. What does the Magistrate condemn the Chorus for doing at the start of this scene?
9. What happens when the Male Leader bangs on the door of the Akropolis?
10. Why is Lysistrata pacing at the start of the play during the opening scene?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)