|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Male Leader do to the Female Leader to cause her to lash out initially?
(b) Threatens her.
(c) Tries to seduce her.
(d) Laughs at her.
2. What is making the men in the Chorus choke as they are trying to reach the temple?
(a) The food they cooked.
(b) Their own smell.
(c) The oil smell.
(d) Smoke from the fire.
3. Who is NOT one of the women who complain that since the men have been at war, they've hardly been home at all?
4. Lysistrata suggests they all take ______________ to seal their bargain and their plan.
(a) An offering.
(b) An oath.
(c) A blood blessing.
(d) A piece of clothing off.
5. Lysistrata notes that when women offered suggestions, they were told to be ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ________ Leader grabs the __________ Leader and slips away, telling the Chorus of Women to fight back.
2. _____________ says she will bring he men of Sparta over to her plan, and then the plan can be extended.
3. Lysistrata complains to her friend that if there is a ____________, the women are there in a hurry.
4. The Commissioner demands to know why they women are so concerned about ____________.
5. What does Lysistrata say the women will do for the men, which angers the Commissioner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story of the hunter that the Male Chorus tells in verse?
2. What does the Old Man have to say about the hunter in the story that they have told?
3. What does the Male Leader tell the rest of the Chorus they have to do in order to teach the women a lesson?
4. What does the Commissioner credit with helping the talks that have taken place in the Akropolis?
5. What does Lysistrata say that she and all the other women have already heard of Kinesias?
6. What happens as the officers attempt to arrest the women who are blocking the way to the Akropolis?
7. Why can't the Commissioner complete a deal with the Athenian fleet to outfit the fleet with wood?
8. Why do the Chorus of Men remove another layer of clothing, as they explain to the women?
9. What happens when the Chorus of Men take off their cloaks at the start of the scene?
10. What does the Chorus of Women reveal about the way they are dressed?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)