|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Chorus of Men complaining about when they enter the second part?
(a) The women.
(b) Their desires.
(c) Their work.
(d) Their knees.
2. Who reassures Lysistrata that the women will show up for the meeting she has called?
3. The women urge themselves to have ____________ as they approach the men.
4. The Male and Female Chorus Leaders argue about who has the right to ____________, men or women.
5. Lysistrata explains that her plan is to have the women abstain from ____________ in order to end the war.
(a) Hair brushing.
(c) Sexual relations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lysistrata believes the women will make themselves so pretty that the men will not want to _____________.
2. The Female Leader mocks the ____________ passed by men after the women remove another layer of clothes.
3. To whom do the Women pray in order to have strength and guidance?
4. Lysistrata compares the life of a city to a __________ newly shaved off a sheep.
5. The Chorus of Men appears, carrying a pot containing ___________ and branches of wood.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Chorus of Women reveal about the way they are dressed?
2. What does Lampito demand from Lysistrata when she arrives at the meeting Lysistrata has called?
3. Who is Kinesias followed by when he comes into the Temple?
4. What kinds of crude jokes does the Commissioner make to the Messenger from Sparta?
5. What does Lysistrata tell the women when she says she understands they are lonely?
6. What does the Male Leader do when he approaches the Female Leader?
7. When the Female Leader speaks of having invested her sons in the life and worth of Athens, what does she suggest?
8. What happens when the Commissioner orders the officers to pry open the doors to the Akropolis?
9. What does the Commissioner credit with helping the talks that have taken place in the Akropolis?
10. What does Lysistrata remind the Commissioner when the women overwhelm the officers at the Akropolis?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)