|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ________ Leader grabs the __________ Leader and slips away, telling the Chorus of Women to fight back.
(c) Female/Old Man.
(d) Male/Old Woman.
2. Instead, Kleonike suggests that the oath be sworn with a _____________.
(a) Olive branch.
(b) Cup of wine.
3. The Chorus of Women point out that the men have left Athens with ___________.
4. Lysistrata talks about unraveling the political and military situation in the city the same way one would unravel __________.
5. Lysistrata is pacing at the start of the play, waiting for the women of ____________ to arrive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lampito does wonder about the men of ______________, though Sparta does seem to be reasonable.
2. The Commissioner demands to know why they women are so concerned about ____________.
3. The Male Leader tells the men of the Chorus, they must go to the _____________ in order to regain control.
4. The Commissioner condemns the Chorus for fighting in the _____________.
5. To whom do the Women pray in order to have strength and guidance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Male Leader tell the rest of the Chorus they have to do in order to teach the women a lesson?
2. What does Myrrhine tell Kinesias as she appears on the roof to talk to him?
3. What happens when the Male Leader bangs on the door of the Akropolis?
4. What is Kinesias wearing when he enters the Temple in order to talk to Myrrhine?
5. What does the Male Leader say to the men as they are walking into the scene?
6. What does the Old Man have to say about the hunter in the story that they have told?
7. What does Lysistrata remind the Commissioner when the women overwhelm the officers at the Akropolis?
8. After Lysistrata disappears to get Myrrhine, what does Kinesias complain about?
9. What does the Commissioner say the males have done, which has caused the chaos to erupt?
10. What does the Female Leader suggest now that peace is at hand, which the Male Leader initially refuses?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)