|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lysistrata admits that her plan also includes taking over ___________ Temple and the Akropolis.
2. Lysistrata speaks to the Chorus of Women, telling them to rise up and claim their ___________.
3. Lysistrata believes the women will make themselves so pretty that the men will not want to _____________.
(b) Fight in the coliseum.
(c) Go to war.
(d) Drink anymore.
4. Lysistrata reminds the Commissioner to never underestimate the power of ____________.
5. Kleonike reluctantly takes hold of the _____________ with Lysistrata.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Commissioner demands to know why they women are so concerned about ____________.
2. Who appears with the four police officers at the start of this part of the play?
3. The Female Leader suggests the men have wasted the ___________ invested in peace by their grandfathers.
4. ____________ says she has no concerns with making this plan work with the men of Sparta.
5. Lysistrata looks at first for a _____________ upon which to swear an oath.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lysistrata think that salvation can be gained for women?
2. What does the Female Leader suggest now that peace is at hand, which the Male Leader initially refuses?
3. What does Lysistrata remind the Commissioner when the women overwhelm the officers at the Akropolis?
4. What is the Messenger from Sparta trying to conceal underneath his cloak when he walks in?
5. What is the story of the hunter that the Male Chorus tells in verse?
6. What do the women say amongst themselves as they realize the men are at the temple waiting for them?
7. What does Lysistrata say that she and all the other women have already heard of Kinesias?
8. What is the long story that the Magistrate tells at the start of the scene supposed to illustrate?
9. What does Lysistrata tell the women when she says she understands they are lonely?
10. What does Lysistrata think will happen if the women of Greece take control?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)