|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The _______________ pour out of the temple, overwhelming the Commissioner and the men.
2. Lysistrata speaks to the Chorus of Women, telling them to rise up and claim their ___________.
3. The Commissioner condemns the Chorus for fighting in the _____________.
(c) Public square.
4. Who has seized the Treasury so the Commissioner cannot go through with his deal?
5. Who is the big strapping woman who arrives in time for Lysistrata's meeting of the women of the area?
Short Answer Questions
1. _____________ says she will bring he men of Sparta over to her plan, and then the plan can be extended.
2. What does the Male Leader do to the Female Leader when he approaches her?
3. The Commissioner says he refuses to be told to be quiet by someone wearing a ___________.
4. What does the Commissioner tell the officers to use in order to pry open the doors to the Akropolis?
5. Lysistrata notes that when women offered suggestions, they were told to be ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do to the women talk about as they prepare for battle with the men?
2. What does Lysistrata remind the Commissioner when the women overwhelm the officers at the Akropolis?
3. What does the Magistrate condemn the Chorus for doing at the start of this scene?
4. When the Female Leader speaks of having invested her sons in the life and worth of Athens, what does she suggest?
5. What is the Messenger from Sparta trying to conceal underneath his cloak when he walks in?
6. What happens when the Male Leader bangs on the door of the Akropolis?
7. What does Lysistrata tell the women when she says she understands they are lonely?
8. As the men arrange the wood and themselves for the attack, who approaches them?
9. What happens as Lysistrata talks to the Female Leader, proving her confession to the leader?
10. What happens when the Chorus of Men take off their cloaks at the start of the scene?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)