|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kleonike tells Lysistrata to be _______ as women are supposed to be good for only certain things.
2. Lysistrata says that she has been thinking about the state of ___________ for a long time.
3. The women talk about how they have grown from __________ into powerful womanhood.
4. Who has seized the Treasury so the Commissioner cannot go through with his deal?
5. The Male and Female Chorus Leaders argue about who has the right to ____________, men or women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lysistrata lets the women know there is already a group of older ___________ women waiting for her signal.
2. Lysistrata explains that withholding the _____________ means the men will be unable to go to war.
3. The Male Leader tells the men they must retake the ____________ and teach the women a lesson.
4. Kleonike reluctantly takes hold of the _____________ with Lysistrata.
5. The Commissioner talks about making a deal that will outfit the Athenian __________ with wood to make repairs.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Chorus of Women reveal about the way they are dressed?
2. What does Lysistrata reveal to the Female Leader when she asks Lysistrata what is wrong?
3. As the men arrange the wood and themselves for the attack, who approaches them?
4. What does the Commissioner order the Chorus to do when he comes out of the temple?
5. What does the Old Man have to say about the hunter in the story that they have told?
6. What is the long story that the Magistrate tells at the start of the scene supposed to illustrate?
7. What does Kleonike tell Lysistrata that women are good for, and she says this is only practical to think this?
8. What does Lysistrata tell the women when she says she understands they are lonely?
9. What is the Messenger from Sparta trying to conceal underneath his cloak when he walks in?
10. What does Lysistrata confess she has been thinking about when Kleonike asks her why she called the meeting?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)