|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ____________ delivers a speech about how men have made a mess in the city for years as the women have sat by.
2. The women also complain about how hard it was to fill their _______________.
3. What does the Male Leader do to the Female Leader to cause her to lash out initially?
(a) Laughs at her.
(c) Threatens her.
(d) Tries to seduce her.
4. Lysistrata speaks to the Chorus of Women, telling them to rise up and claim their ___________.
5. The ______________ tells the Commissioner to be quiet and to look at the injuries that have been done.
(a) Old Woman.
(b) Woman Leader.
(c) Old Man.
(d) Male Leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the man becomes ___________, Lysistrata says that the woman should refuse to go all the way.
2. Lysistrata explains that the women must make themselves as _____________ as they can.
3. Lysistrata lets the women know there is already a group of older ___________ women waiting for her signal.
4. The Commissioner gives a speech about how women use their _________________.
5. What does the Female Leader notice from the men's pots so she tells the women to stop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Male Leader do when he approaches the Female Leader?
2. What is the Messenger from Sparta trying to conceal underneath his cloak when he walks in?
3. What does the Female Leader suggest now that peace is at hand, which the Male Leader initially refuses?
4. What does Lysistrata think will happen if the women of Greece take control?
5. What does the Commissioner credit with helping the talks that have taken place in the Akropolis?
6. After Lysistrata disappears to get Myrrhine, what does Kinesias complain about?
7. How do the men vow to fight the women, even though their bodies ache and the smoke makes them choke?
8. What does Myrrhine tell Kinesias as she appears on the roof to talk to him?
9. What happens when the Male Leader bangs on the door of the Akropolis?
10. What does Lysistrata have to complain to Kleonike when Kleonike arrives at the meeting?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)