|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lysistrata says the first thing the women will do when they are in control is to rid the marketplace of ___________.
2. What does the Female Leader grab before running back to the women?
(a) Male Leader's shield.
(b) Male Leader's ankle.
(c) Male Leader's helmet.
(d) Male Leader's sword.
3. Kleonike reminds Lysistrata that women are supposed to be pretty, ornamental, and __________.
4. The Female Leader suggests the men have wasted the ___________ invested in peace by their grandfathers.
5. When the man becomes ___________, Lysistrata says that the woman should refuse to go all the way.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Commissioner says he refuses to be told to be quiet by someone wearing a ___________.
2. The ________ Leader grabs the __________ Leader and slips away, telling the Chorus of Women to fight back.
3. Lysistrata says that when ___________ agrees, she is the only one who is worthy of being called a woman.
4. What do the women remove in order to show that they too are dressed for battle?
5. What does the Commissioner tell the officers to use in order to pry open the doors to the Akropolis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Chorus of Men believe the women's plot is actually just a cover for?
2. What does the Magistrate condemn the Chorus for doing at the start of this scene?
3. What does the Commissioner order the Chorus to do when he comes out of the temple?
4. What happens as the officers attempt to arrest the women who are blocking the way to the Akropolis?
5. What happens when the Commissioner orders the officers to pry open the doors to the Akropolis?
6. What does Lysistrata reveal to the Female Leader when she asks Lysistrata what is wrong?
7. What happens when the Chorus of Men take off their cloaks at the start of the scene?
8. What does the Messenger tell the Commissioner about the state of affairs in Sparta?
9. Why can't the Commissioner complete a deal with the Athenian fleet to outfit the fleet with wood?
10. What does Lysistrata tell the Spartans and the Athenians to do when they all come out of the Temple?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)