|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the pretty young woman who arrives in time for Lysistrata's meeting of the women of the town?
2. Lysistrata suggests they all take ______________ to seal their bargain and their plan.
(a) A piece of clothing off.
(b) A blood blessing.
(c) An offering.
(d) An oath.
3. What does the Female Leader hit the Male Leader with before running back?
4. Lysistrata wraps the Commissioner up in a piece of __________ to represent a shroud.
5. The Chorus of Men remove another layer of clothing to give the women a whiff of _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Commissioner says that as ____________, they are responsible for what is happening.
2. Lysistrata begins the meeting by asking the women how they feel about their men being ___________.
3. ____________ says she has no concerns with making this plan work with the men of Sparta.
4. ____________ delivers a speech about how men have made a mess in the city for years as the women have sat by.
5. Who is told to go to Sparta to spread the word about the plan of Lysistrata?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Kinesias wearing when he enters the Temple in order to talk to Myrrhine?
2. What do the women say amongst themselves as they realize the men are at the temple waiting for them?
3. What does Myrrhine tell Kinesias as she appears on the roof to talk to him?
4. What is the Messenger from Sparta trying to conceal underneath his cloak when he walks in?
5. What happens as Lysistrata talks to the Female Leader, proving her confession to the leader?
6. What happens when the Commissioner orders the officers to pry open the doors to the Akropolis?
7. What do Kleonike and some of the others complain about as they are waiting in the Temple?
8. How does Lysistrata think that salvation can be gained for women?
9. What does Lysistrata tell the women when she says she understands they are lonely?
10. What kinds of crude jokes does the Commissioner make to the Messenger from Sparta?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)