|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has driven the men of Sparta away from their women, which has left the men doubled up in pain and frustration?
2. Kinesias talks about how __________ things have been since Myrrhine has been gone.
3. The Female Leader tells the Male Leader he looks more like a ____________ than ever.
4. One of the Spartans speaks in a long verse that praises _________________.
(b) The Commissioner.
(d) The Athenians.
5. Kinesias comes in with the Athenians and demands to see ________________.
6. Myrrhine calls Kinesias a pitiful ______________ and decides to come down to see him.
(d) Slave owner.
7. As Lysistrata talks with the ______________, some of the women try to run away.
(b) Chorus Sage.
(c) Female Leader.
(d) Male Leader.
8. Where does Myrrhine appear when she finally sees Kinesias as he approaches the building?
9. The Chorus of Men talk about how much ___________ they have and that anybody can come to collect it.
10. The ________ bangs on the door of the Akropolis and demands to be admitted.
(a) Female Leader.
(b) Male Leader.
11. The women are also complaining about the noise of the __________ when they come out to talk to Lysistrata.
(a) Other women.
12. The Chorus of Women speak of the bounty of ______________ things they have in their homes.
13. Lysistrata tells everyone to dance to the glory of the ____________ now.
14. The person in the story from the Female Chorus still loves ____________.
15. What is NOT one of the things Kinesias feels Myrrhine should be ashamed of since she has left?
(a) Fighting the war.
(b) Letting the house become untidy.
(c) Refusing her husband.
(d) Leaving her child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the baby go home with when Kinesias and Myrrhine are talking with each other?
2. Who offers to wait around to help Myrrhine with the actions she must take?
3. One of the women's complaints is that they are _____________ in the Akropolis when they come out to talk to Lysistrata.
4. The ______________ suggests that since peace is at hand, the battle of the sexes should end too.
5. Each trip Myrrhine makes to the temple leaves Kinesias more and more ______________.
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)