|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lysistrata offer as proof that the women will be victorious in their efforts?
(a) A male prisoner.
(b) A sword.
(d) Her blood.
2. Kinesias talks about how __________ things have been since Myrrhine has been gone.
3. Who dresses the Male Leader in his robes and tunic again, though the Male Leader doesn't think this gesture is sincere?
(a) The Commissioner.
(c) Female Leader.
4. What does Kinesias call sex - the Rites of _______________.
5. When Myrrhine begins to _____________, she asks her husband whether he will vote to end the war.
6. Who does Kinesias want to see when he approaches the building and Lysistrata?
7. The _________ tells Lysistrata that the men of Greece have all agreed to her terms.
(a) Male Leader.
(b) Old Man.
(c) Old Woman.
(d) Female Leader.
8. As Lysistrata talks with the ______________, some of the women try to run away.
(a) Female Leader.
(c) Male Leader.
(d) Chorus Sage.
9. The women treat the men to a ___________________ and each goes home with her husband.
10. Lysistrata says that all the women have heard about what a _________ man Kinesias is.
11. Who offers to wait around to help Myrrhine with the actions she must take?
(d) No one.
12. Who makes way for the women, the Athenians and the Spartans to leave the temple?
(a) The Messenger.
(b) The slave.
(c) The Commissioner.
(d) The Old Man.
13. Who is the person who is coming up the temple and is seen by Lysistrata?
(b) The Commissioner.
(c) Male Leader.
(d) The General.
14. The Chorus of Women notes that ____________ might not actually be able to find anything if they come to look.
(a) Other women.
15. The Commissioner notes that everyone has had a lot of __________ so everyone speaks freely.
(a) Hot water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kinesias eagerly urges Myrrhine to __________ with him, but she stalls him.
2. The Female Leader pretends to find a _____________ in the Male Leader's hair and to take it out.
3. Lysistrata tells everyone to dance to the glory of the ____________ now.
4. What does Lysistrata see when she is standing where she is, calling the others to battle?
5. The ________ bangs on the door of the Akropolis and demands to be admitted.
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)