|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lysistrata is upset because it seems that the women want to ____________.
(a) Have sex.
(c) Hurt her.
(d) Run to Rome.
2. What is NOT one of the things that Myrrhine runs back and forth to fetch from the temple?
3. Where does Myrrhine appear when she finally sees Kinesias as he approaches the building?
4. The women begin to offer Lysistrata excuses why they need to be __________ instead of there.
(a) At home.
(c) At the hospital.
(d) On the battlefield.
5. Where does Lysistrata appear, telling the women to be ready for battle?
6. Kinesias eagerly urges Myrrhine to __________ with him, but she stalls him.
(a) Hold the baby.
(c) Leave the temple.
(d) Make love.
7. Each trip Myrrhine makes to the temple leaves Kinesias more and more ______________.
8. As Lysistrata talks with the ______________, some of the women try to run away.
(a) Female Leader.
(b) Male Leader.
(c) Chorus Sage.
9. The Chorus of Women say they are ready to entertain again, but to keep the ____________ locked, just in case.
10. Who makes way for the women, the Athenians and the Spartans to leave the temple?
(a) The Old Man.
(b) The Commissioner.
(c) The Messenger.
(d) The slave.
11. Lysistrata and Peace go back to ___________ as the men run off to get ready for the events.
12. What is the slave carrying when the scene begins in this part of the play?
13. The male figure in the story goes out into the forest in order to avoid ____________.
14. The Chorus of Men talk about how much ___________ they have and that anybody can come to collect it.
15. Who has driven the men of Sparta away from their women, which has left the men doubled up in pain and frustration?
Short Answer Questions
1. _____________ says she understands that the women are lonely, but that they must be strong.
2. After the prayer is finished, ________________ goes out of the scene.
3. The Commissioner notes that everyone has had a lot of __________ so everyone speaks freely.
4. The Female Leader pretends to find a _____________ in the Male Leader's hair and to take it out.
5. The Commissioner orders the ____________ to move along, saying the Spartans need to pass.
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)