|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Myrrhine says that she _________ Kinesias, but she also realizes that he does not love her.
2. Lysistrata is upset because it seems that the women want to ____________.
(a) Run to Rome.
(b) Have sex.
(c) Hurt her.
3. _____________ says she understands that the women are lonely, but that they must be strong.
4. The Female Leader pretends to find a _____________ in the Male Leader's hair and to take it out.
(a) Stray hair.
(b) Piece of dust.
(d) Piece of sand.
5. _____________ says that women may be hairless, but they are still mighty.
(b) Old Woman.
(c) Female Leader.
6. What is NOT one of the things Kinesias feels Myrrhine should be ashamed of since she has left?
(a) Leaving her child.
(b) Fighting the war.
(c) Refusing her husband.
(d) Letting the house become untidy.
7. Who makes way for the women, the Athenians and the Spartans to leave the temple?
(a) The Commissioner.
(b) The slave.
(c) The Old Man.
(d) The Messenger.
8. The Male Chorus speaks in verse and tells a story about a ____________.
9. ______________ shouts down for Kinesias to identify himself when he approaches.
10. What does Kinesias call sex - the Rites of _______________.
11. Who does Kinesias want to see when he approaches the building and Lysistrata?
12. Who does the baby go home with when Kinesias and Myrrhine are talking with each other?
13. Who makes crude jokes about the frustrated man who entered the scene before them?
(b) The Commissioner.
(c) Old Man.
14. Whose husband has approached the women as they are waiting for battle?
15. Each trip Myrrhine makes to the temple leaves Kinesias more and more ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the males offer up as a sign of power for men after praising the man in the story?
2. What is Kinesias wearing when he walks into the scene at this part?
3. Who comes out of the Akropolis, drunk and belligerent when the door is pounded upon?
4. Kinesias talks about how __________ things have been since Myrrhine has been gone.
5. What does Lysistrata offer as proof that the women will be victorious in their efforts?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)