|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus of Women notes that ____________ might not actually be able to find anything if they come to look.
(d) Other women.
2. What does Kinesias say he will do when he becomes more and more frustrated with Myrrhine?
(a) Pray to Athene.
(b) Hurt her.
(c) Set a fire to the temple.
(d) Think about it.
3. One of the women's complaints is that they are _____________ in the Akropolis when they come out to talk to Lysistrata.
4. The Chorus of Men warn that there is an angry __________ that will attack anybody.
5. What else does the Male Chorus want to end, as told in their cries to the god?
(a) Dispute with women.
(b) The war with Sparta.
(c) The longest night.
(d) The hot sun.
6. Myrrhine says that she _________ Kinesias, but she also realizes that he does not love her.
7. The Male Chorus speaks in verse and tells a story about a ____________.
8. The Male Leader finally submits to the Female Leader, calling to an end the _______________ they play on each other.
9. The male figure in the story goes out into the forest in order to avoid ____________.
10. ______________ shouts down for Kinesias to identify himself when he approaches.
11. Who makes crude jokes about the frustrated man who entered the scene before them?
(b) Old Man.
(d) The Commissioner.
12. Each trip Myrrhine makes to the temple leaves Kinesias more and more ______________.
13. The women begin to offer Lysistrata excuses why they need to be __________ instead of there.
(b) At the hospital.
(c) At home.
(d) On the battlefield.
14. Where does Lysistrata appear, telling the women to be ready for battle?
15. Kinesias eagerly urges Myrrhine to __________ with him, but she stalls him.
(b) Hold the baby.
(c) Leave the temple.
(d) Make love.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Commissioner tells the Messenger to go to _________________ and tell the government to negotiate for peace.
2. Who has driven the men of Sparta away from their women, which has left the men doubled up in pain and frustration?
3. Who does the baby go home with when Kinesias and Myrrhine are talking with each other?
4. The Female Leader pretends to find a _____________ in the Male Leader's hair and to take it out.
5. The __________ negotiate which parts of the country each city will control, using Peace's body.
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)