|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Commissioner notes that everyone has had a lot of __________ so everyone speaks freely.
(d) Hot water.
2. Who accompanies Lysistrata when she is called into the room?
3. Lysistrata and Peace go back to ___________ as the men run off to get ready for the events.
4. Who does Kinesias want to see when he approaches the building and Lysistrata?
5. Who comes into the scene at the start of this part of the play?
(a) The Old Man.
(c) The Commissioner.
(d) The Male Leader.
6. The male figure in the story goes out into the forest in order to avoid ____________.
7. Who does the baby go home with when Kinesias and Myrrhine are talking with each other?
8. The ______________ suggests that since peace is at hand, the battle of the sexes should end too.
(a) Male Leader.
(b) Old Man.
(c) Old Woman.
(d) Female Leader.
9. What does Lysistrata offer as proof that the women will be victorious in their efforts?
(b) A sword.
(c) A male prisoner.
(d) Her blood.
10. Kinesias comes in with the Athenians and demands to see ________________.
11. What else does the Male Chorus want to end, as told in their cries to the god?
(a) The war with Sparta.
(b) The hot sun.
(c) Dispute with women.
(d) The longest night.
12. As Lysistrata talks with the ______________, some of the women try to run away.
(a) Female Leader.
(b) Chorus Sage.
(c) Male Leader.
13. Who comes out of the Akropolis, drunk and belligerent when the door is pounded upon?
(b) The Commissioner.
14. The Chorus of Women notes that ____________ might not actually be able to find anything if they come to look.
(b) Other women.
15. One of the women's complaints is that they are _____________ in the Akropolis when they come out to talk to Lysistrata.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Commissioner orders the ____________ to move along, saying the Spartans need to pass.
2. The Male Leader finally submits to the Female Leader, calling to an end the _______________ they play on each other.
3. From where does Lysistrata run, clearly upset by the events which have taken place?
4. What is the slave carrying when the scene begins in this part of the play?
5. The ________ bangs on the door of the Akropolis and demands to be admitted.
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)