|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The women treat the men to a ___________________ and each goes home with her husband.
2. ______________ shouts down for Kinesias to identify himself when he approaches.
3. What is the slave carrying when the scene begins in this part of the play?
4. _______________ tells the Spartans and the Athenians to take their women back home.
(a) The Commissioner.
(b) The Messenger.
(d) The Old Man.
5. The Female Chorus offers up a tale about a ________ who hates all men.
6. Lysistrata says that all the women have heard about what a _________ man Kinesias is.
7. The Chorus of Women say they are ready to entertain again, but to keep the ____________ locked, just in case.
8. When _____________ reads the parchment, the women are convinced and see her point.
(a) Female Leader.
9. The Female Leader promises the Male Leader she will free the ____________ in him.
10. The Commissioner tells the Messenger to go to _________________ and tell the government to negotiate for peace.
11. What does Kinesias say he will do when he becomes more and more frustrated with Myrrhine?
(a) Set a fire to the temple.
(b) Hurt her.
(c) Pray to Athene.
(d) Think about it.
12. Who comes into the scene at the start of this part of the play?
(a) The Male Leader.
(c) The Old Man.
(d) The Commissioner.
13. Kinesias joins the Male Chorus in offering up a verse to the God _____________ to end his pain.
14. Who accompanies Lysistrata when she is called into the room?
15. The Commissioner notes that everyone has had a lot of __________ so everyone speaks freely.
(b) Hot water.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does Lysistrata run, clearly upset by the events which have taken place?
2. The Female Leader tells the Male Leader he looks more like a ____________ than ever.
3. As Lysistrata talks with the ______________, some of the women try to run away.
4. After the prayer is finished, ________________ goes out of the scene.
5. One of the Spartans speaks in a long verse that praises _________________.
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)