|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Myrrhine says that she _________ Kinesias, but she also realizes that he does not love her.
2. What is the slave carrying when the scene begins in this part of the play?
3. Each trip Myrrhine makes to the temple leaves Kinesias more and more ______________.
4. The person in the story from the Female Chorus still loves ____________.
5. What do the males offer up as a sign of power for men after praising the man in the story?
6. Who has driven the men of Sparta away from their women, which has left the men doubled up in pain and frustration?
7. The Female Chorus offers up a tale about a ________ who hates all men.
8. Kinesias comes in with the Athenians and demands to see ________________.
9. After the prayer is finished, ________________ goes out of the scene.
10. The women begin to offer Lysistrata excuses why they need to be __________ instead of there.
(b) At the hospital.
(c) On the battlefield.
(d) At home.
11. Lysistrata says that all the women have heard about what a _________ man Kinesias is.
12. Kinesias says that the __________ has not been fed or bathed in a week since Myrrhine has left.
13. Where does Myrrhine appear when she finally sees Kinesias as he approaches the building?
14. Who makes way for the women, the Athenians and the Spartans to leave the temple?
(a) The Commissioner.
(b) The Old Man.
(c) The Messenger.
(d) The slave.
15. _____________ says that women may be hairless, but they are still mighty.
(a) Female Leader.
(b) Old Woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Commissioner tells the Messenger to go to _________________ and tell the government to negotiate for peace.
2. What does Lysistrata offer as proof that the women will be victorious in their efforts?
3. The Commissioner jokes about whether the Messenger is carrying a ______________.
4. When _____________ reads the parchment, the women are convinced and see her point.
5. Lysistrata reminds Myrrhine that it is her __________ to get her husband all hot and bothered.
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)