|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lysistrata is upset because it seems that the women want to ____________.
(a) Hurt her.
(b) Have sex.
(d) Run to Rome.
2. The _________ tells Lysistrata that the men of Greece have all agreed to her terms.
(a) Old Woman.
(b) Female Leader.
(c) Old Man.
(d) Male Leader.
3. _____________ says that women may be hairless, but they are still mighty.
(a) Female Leader.
(d) Old Woman.
4. Who enters the scene with a cloak in front of them in order to conceal their frustration?
5. The Commissioner jokes about whether the Messenger is carrying a ______________.
(b) Pot of fire.
(c) Concealed weapon.
6. ______________ shouts down for Kinesias to identify himself when he approaches.
7. Lysistrata tells everyone to be careful and to not let this situation ___________ again.
(a) Be as long.
(c) Be as messy.
(d) Come to pass.
8. When _____________ reads the parchment, the women are convinced and see her point.
(c) Female Leader.
9. The Commissioner notes that a lot of double dealing happens when the people are ___________.
(d) At war.
10. The __________ negotiate which parts of the country each city will control, using Peace's body.
11. The Male Chorus speaks in verse and tells a story about a ____________.
12. Kinesias joins the Male Chorus in offering up a verse to the God _____________ to end his pain.
13. Who sends all of the women back inside in order to restore order to the movement?
(a) Female Leader.
(c) Male Leader.
(d) The Commissioner.
14. The Chorus of Women say they are ready to entertain again, but to keep the ____________ locked, just in case.
15. One of the women's complaints is that they are _____________ in the Akropolis when they come out to talk to Lysistrata.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Commissioner notes that everyone has had a lot of __________ so everyone speaks freely.
2. The women treat the men to a ___________________ and each goes home with her husband.
3. The Commissioner orders the ____________ to move along, saying the Spartans need to pass.
4. One of the Spartans speaks in a long verse that praises _________________.
5. The male figure in the men's story is a ______________ who goes out to live in the forest.
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)