|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus of Men warn that there is an angry __________ that will attack anybody.
2. The women treat the men to a ___________________ and each goes home with her husband.
3. _____________ says she understands that the women are lonely, but that they must be strong.
4. Kinesias comes in with the Athenians and demands to see ________________.
5. As Lysistrata talks with the ______________, some of the women try to run away.
(a) Male Leader.
(b) Chorus Sage.
(c) Female Leader.
6. The Commissioner tells the Messenger to go to _________________ and tell the government to negotiate for peace.
7. The Commissioner notes that everyone has had a lot of __________ so everyone speaks freely.
(a) Hot water.
8. The Female Leader pretends to find a _____________ in the Male Leader's hair and to take it out.
(a) Stray hair.
(b) Piece of dust.
(c) Piece of sand.
9. Kinesias joins the Male Chorus in offering up a verse to the God _____________ to end his pain.
10. The Commissioner notes that a lot of double dealing happens when the people are ___________.
(d) At war.
11. The Commissioner jokes about whether the Messenger is carrying a ______________.
(b) Concealed weapon.
(c) Pot of fire.
12. Who has driven the men of Sparta away from their women, which has left the men doubled up in pain and frustration?
13. Myrrhine says that she will come back if Kinesias stops the ___________.
14. When Myrrhine begins to _____________, she asks her husband whether he will vote to end the war.
15. Kinesias eagerly urges Myrrhine to __________ with him, but she stalls him.
(a) Hold the baby.
(b) Leave the temple.
(d) Make love.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Commissioner orders the ____________ to move along, saying the Spartans need to pass.
2. What does Lysistrata see when she is standing where she is, calling the others to battle?
3. The women begin to offer Lysistrata excuses why they need to be __________ instead of there.
4. Lysistrata and Peace go back to ___________ as the men run off to get ready for the events.
5. Lysistrata tells everyone to dance to the glory of the ____________ now.
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)