|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Commissioner jokes about whether the Messenger is carrying a ______________.
(b) Pot of fire.
(d) Concealed weapon.
2. Who does Kinesias want to see when he approaches the building and Lysistrata?
3. Lysistrata is upset because it seems that the women want to ____________.
(a) Have sex.
(b) Run to Rome.
(c) Hurt her.
4. The male figure in the story goes out into the forest in order to avoid ____________.
5. Lysistrata tells everyone to be careful and to not let this situation ___________ again.
(a) Be as messy.
(b) Be as long.
(d) Come to pass.
6. The Female Chorus offers up a tale about a ________ who hates all men.
7. The Chorus of Men warn that there is an angry __________ that will attack anybody.
8. Who is the person who is coming up the temple and is seen by Lysistrata?
(a) The Commissioner.
(b) The General.
(c) Male Leader.
9. Lysistrata and Peace go back to ___________ as the men run off to get ready for the events.
10. Who has driven the men of Sparta away from their women, which has left the men doubled up in pain and frustration?
11. As Lysistrata talks with the ______________, some of the women try to run away.
(a) Chorus Sage.
(b) Female Leader.
(c) Male Leader.
12. Lysistrata reminds Myrrhine that it is her __________ to get her husband all hot and bothered.
13. Kinesias joins the Male Chorus in offering up a verse to the God _____________ to end his pain.
14. The Chorus of Women speak of the bounty of ______________ things they have in their homes.
15. Lysistrata tells the men that now that they've agreed, they must now ___________ themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers to wait around to help Myrrhine with the actions she must take?
2. What is the slave carrying when the scene begins in this part of the play?
3. Who comes out of the Akropolis, drunk and belligerent when the door is pounded upon?
4. The Chorus of Women notes that ____________ might not actually be able to find anything if they come to look.
5. Who makes crude jokes about the frustrated man who entered the scene before them?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)