|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kinesias eagerly urges Myrrhine to __________ with him, but she stalls him.
(a) Make love.
(c) Hold the baby.
(d) Leave the temple.
2. The Chorus of Men warn that there is an angry __________ that will attack anybody.
3. What else does the Male Chorus want to end, as told in their cries to the god?
(a) The war with Sparta.
(b) The hot sun.
(c) The longest night.
(d) Dispute with women.
4. What is the slave carrying when the scene begins in this part of the play?
5. Where does Myrrhine appear when she finally sees Kinesias as he approaches the building?
6. Lysistrata tells everyone to be careful and to not let this situation ___________ again.
(a) Be as messy.
(b) Be as long.
(d) Come to pass.
7. What is NOT one of the things Kinesias feels Myrrhine should be ashamed of since she has left?
(a) Fighting the war.
(b) Leaving her child.
(c) Letting the house become untidy.
(d) Refusing her husband.
8. Lysistrata is upset because it seems that the women want to ____________.
(a) Have sex.
(c) Run to Rome.
(d) Hurt her.
9. The Chorus of Women notes that ____________ might not actually be able to find anything if they come to look.
(c) Other women.
10. The __________ negotiate which parts of the country each city will control, using Peace's body.
11. One of the women's complaints is that they are _____________ in the Akropolis when they come out to talk to Lysistrata.
12. Who comes into the scene at the start of this part of the play?
(a) The Male Leader.
(b) The Commissioner.
(d) The Old Man.
13. Lysistrata reminds Myrrhine that it is her __________ to get her husband all hot and bothered.
14. _____________ says she understands that the women are lonely, but that they must be strong.
15. Myrrhine says that she _________ Kinesias, but she also realizes that he does not love her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes crude jokes about the frustrated man who entered the scene before them?
2. What does Lysistrata see when she is standing where she is, calling the others to battle?
3. The Male Leader finally submits to the Female Leader, calling to an end the _______________ they play on each other.
4. The Chorus of Men talk about how much ___________ they have and that anybody can come to collect it.
5. Kinesias joins the Male Chorus in offering up a verse to the God _____________ to end his pain.
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)