|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Male Leader comes into the scene to complain about the _________ of women.
2. The Commissioner notes that a lot of double dealing happens when the people are ___________.
(d) At war.
3. The person in the story from the Female Chorus still loves ____________.
4. As Lysistrata talks with the ______________, some of the women try to run away.
(a) Male Leader.
(b) Female Leader.
(d) Chorus Sage.
5. One of the Spartans speaks in a long verse that praises _________________.
(b) The Athenians.
(c) The Commissioner.
6. Each trip Myrrhine makes to the temple leaves Kinesias more and more ______________.
7. Lysistrata tells everyone to be careful and to not let this situation ___________ again.
(a) Come to pass.
(c) Be as messy.
(d) Be as long.
8. One of the women's complaints is that they are _____________ in the Akropolis when they come out to talk to Lysistrata.
9. Who comes into the scene at the start of this part of the play?
(b) The Male Leader.
(c) The Commissioner.
(d) The Old Man.
10. What does Lysistrata see when she is standing where she is, calling the others to battle?
11. The Female Chorus offers up a tale about a ________ who hates all men.
12. The Chorus of Women speak of the bounty of ______________ things they have in their homes.
13. After the prayer is finished, ________________ goes out of the scene.
14. The Female Leader pretends to find a _____________ in the Male Leader's hair and to take it out.
(a) Piece of dust.
(b) Piece of sand.
(c) Stray hair.
15. Kinesias eagerly urges Myrrhine to __________ with him, but she stalls him.
(a) Make love.
(c) Leave the temple.
(d) Hold the baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of the things Kinesias feels Myrrhine should be ashamed of since she has left?
2. _____________ says she understands that the women are lonely, but that they must be strong.
3. Who enters the scene with a cloak in front of them in order to conceal their frustration?
4. The Commissioner orders the ____________ to move along, saying the Spartans need to pass.
5. Where does Lysistrata appear, telling the women to be ready for battle?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)