|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Myrrhine appear when she finally sees Kinesias as he approaches the building?
2. The Commissioner tells the Messenger to go to _________________ and tell the government to negotiate for peace.
3. Each trip Myrrhine makes to the temple leaves Kinesias more and more ______________.
4. What is NOT one of the things that Myrrhine runs back and forth to fetch from the temple?
5. The Female Leader pretends to find a _____________ in the Male Leader's hair and to take it out.
(b) Piece of dust.
(c) Piece of sand.
(d) Stray hair.
6. What does Lysistrata offer as proof that the women will be victorious in their efforts?
(a) Her blood.
(c) A male prisoner.
(d) A sword.
7. Kinesias talks about how __________ things have been since Myrrhine has been gone.
8. Lysistrata tells everyone to be careful and to not let this situation ___________ again.
(a) Be as long.
(b) Come to pass.
(d) Be as messy.
9. Who dresses the Male Leader in his robes and tunic again, though the Male Leader doesn't think this gesture is sincere?
(a) Female Leader.
(b) The Commissioner.
10. Who makes way for the women, the Athenians and the Spartans to leave the temple?
(a) The slave.
(b) The Commissioner.
(c) The Old Man.
(d) The Messenger.
11. The ______________ suggests that since peace is at hand, the battle of the sexes should end too.
(a) Male Leader.
(b) Old Woman.
(c) Female Leader.
(d) Old Man.
12. The Female Leader promises the Male Leader she will free the ____________ in him.
13. The women treat the men to a ___________________ and each goes home with her husband.
14. One of the women's complaints is that they are _____________ in the Akropolis when they come out to talk to Lysistrata.
15. Kinesias comes in with the Athenians and demands to see ________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Commissioner notes that everyone has had a lot of __________ so everyone speaks freely.
2. Who accompanies Lysistrata when she is called into the room?
3. Who sends all of the women back inside in order to restore order to the movement?
4. The person in the story from the Female Chorus still loves ____________.
5. Lysistrata is upset because it seems that the women want to ____________.
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)