|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lysistrata says the first thing the women will do when they are in control is to rid the marketplace of ___________.
2. Who has seized the Treasury so the Commissioner cannot go through with his deal?
3. Who is NOT one of the women who complain that since the men have been at war, they've hardly been home at all?
4. Lysistrata talks about unraveling the political and military situation in the city the same way one would unravel __________.
5. ____________ says she has no concerns with making this plan work with the men of Sparta.
6. What does the Commissioner tell the officers to use in order to pry open the doors to the Akropolis?
7. Lysistrata admits that her plan also includes taking over ___________ Temple and the Akropolis.
8. The Male Leader tells the men they must retake the ____________ and teach the women a lesson.
9. The _________ vow to fight with real, physical strength in the battle between the men and the women.
(a) Old Men.
(b) Old Women.
10. What is making the men in the Chorus choke as they are trying to reach the temple?
(a) The oil smell.
(b) Smoke from the fire.
(c) The food they cooked.
(d) Their own smell.
11. What are the women of the Chorus of Women carrying as they notice the men?
(b) Pitchers of water.
(d) Pots of fire.
12. What does the grabbing in #93 do to the Male Leader in the play?
(a) Kills him.
(b) Tips him over.
(c) Makes him laugh.
13. The Commissioner says he refuses to be told to be quiet by someone wearing a ___________.
14. The Chorus of Men remove another layer of clothing to give the women a whiff of _____________.
15. In thoughts of what does Kleonike begin to lose herself when she is talking with Lysistrata?
(b) Her husband.
(c) Pretty clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lysistrata tells the women to be calm and wait for the spirit of _________ to fill the men so the attack can really begin.
2. _______________ tells Lysistrata that a peace oath can not be sworn on the item from #28.
3. Lysistrata begins the meeting by asking the women how they feel about their men being ___________.
4. The Chorus of Women point out that the men have left Athens with ___________.
5. Lysistrata does add that if the men ____________, then the women can go ahead, but take no pleasure in it.
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)