|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Male Leader tells the men they must retake the ____________ and teach the women a lesson.
2. The Male Leader says that by taking the lead in the battle, he takes his place alongside the great ___________ of Athenian history.
3. When Lysistrata says they need one person to represent all the women in the oath, who is this person?
4. What are the women of the Chorus of Women carrying as they notice the men?
(a) Pots of fire.
(c) Pitchers of water.
5. What is NOT one of the things that happen when the Male Leader and the Female Leader meet?
(a) They ridicule each other.
(b) They challenge each other's right to speak.
(c) They threaten each other.
(d) They embrace.
6. In thoughts of what does Kleonike begin to lose herself when she is talking with Lysistrata?
(b) Her husband.
(c) Pretty clothes.
7. The men think the women's plan is a cover for a plan by _________ to empty the Athenian Treasury.
8. When the man becomes ___________, Lysistrata says that the woman should refuse to go all the way.
9. What do the women fling at the men in order to douse their aggression?
10. Lysistrata speaks to the Chorus of Women, telling them to rise up and claim their ___________.
11. What does the Male Leader do to the Female Leader when he approaches her?
(b) Trips her.
(c) Kisses her.
(d) Hits her.
12. Lysistrata talks about unraveling the political and military situation in the city the same way one would unravel __________.
13. Who has seized the Treasury so the Commissioner cannot go through with his deal?
14. The goal for the men is to ____________ the women and make them leave the temple.
(b) Smoke out.
15. Lysistrata tells the women to be calm and wait for the spirit of _________ to fill the men so the attack can really begin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lysistrata explains that her plan is to have the women abstain from ____________ in order to end the war.
2. Kleonike tells Lysistrata to be _______ as women are supposed to be good for only certain things.
3. The women also complain about how hard it was to fill their _______________.
4. What does the grabbing in #93 do to the Male Leader in the play?
5. The Commissioner condemns the Chorus for fighting in the _____________.
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)