Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lysistrata talks about unraveling the political and military situation in the city the same way one would unravel __________.
2. Lysistrata explains that withholding the _____________ means the men will be unable to go to war.
3. What can be heard as the two women pass a goblet back and forth?
4. The Commissioner talks about making a deal that will outfit the Athenian __________ with wood to make repairs.
5. What is making the men in the Chorus choke as they are trying to reach the temple?
(a) The oil smell.
(b) Their own smell.
(c) Smoke from the fire.
(d) The food they cooked.
6. What does Lysistrata say the women will do for the men, which angers the Commissioner?
(a) Kill them.
(b) Seduce them.
(c) Rescue them.
(d) Overpower them.
7. The women urge themselves to have ____________ as they approach the men.
8. What does the Female Leader grab before running back to the women?
(a) Male Leader's shield.
(b) Male Leader's ankle.
(c) Male Leader's sword.
(d) Male Leader's helmet.
9. Who is the big strapping woman who arrives in time for Lysistrata's meeting of the women of the area?
10. The Male Leader says that by taking the lead in the battle, he takes his place alongside the great ___________ of Athenian history.
11. Lysistrata points out that she wants women to gain ______________ through making themselves pretty.
12. Who is told to go to Sparta to spread the word about the plan of Lysistrata?
13. Lysistrata looks at first for a _____________ upon which to swear an oath.
14. What do the women fling at the men in order to douse their aggression?
15. Lysistrata explains that her plan is to have the women abstain from ____________ in order to end the war.
(c) Hair brushing.
(d) Sexual relations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lysistrata admits that her plan also includes taking over ___________ Temple and the Akropolis.
2. Who loudly supports the proposal that Lysistrata talks about as illustrated in #74?
3. The Chorus of Men remove another layer of clothing to give the women a whiff of _____________.
4. The Chorus of Women point out that the men have left Athens with ___________.
5. What is the Chorus of Men complaining about when they enter the second part?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)