|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lysistrata is pacing at the start of the play, waiting for the women of ____________ to arrive.
2. The Chorus of Women point out that the men have left Athens with ___________.
3. The Commissioner talks about making a deal that will outfit the Athenian __________ with wood to make repairs.
4. Lysistrata does add that if the men ____________, then the women can go ahead, but take no pleasure in it.
(a) Harm them.
(c) Say they will divorce them.
5. When the man becomes ___________, Lysistrata says that the woman should refuse to go all the way.
6. Lysistrata talks about unraveling the political and military situation in the city the same way one would unravel __________.
7. What are the women of the Chorus of Women carrying as they notice the men?
(b) Pitchers of water.
(c) Pots of fire.
8. Lysistrata tells the Commissioner to come back in a few days as they will make sure he is properly ___________.
9. The women are now armed with ___________ to fight off the attack by the men and the soldiers.
(a) Oil cans.
(b) Pitchers of water.
(d) Household implements.
10. The Chorus of Men take off their ________, revealing they are ready for battle.
11. What is NOT one of the things that happen when the Male Leader and the Female Leader meet?
(a) They ridicule each other.
(b) They threaten each other.
(c) They challenge each other's right to speak.
(d) They embrace.
12. The men think the women's plan is a cover for a plan by _________ to empty the Athenian Treasury.
13. Lysistrata points out that she wants women to gain ______________ through making themselves pretty.
14. The Commissioner demands to know why they women are so concerned about ____________.
15. Lysistrata begins the meeting by asking the women how they feel about their men being ___________.
(b) Demanding of them.
(c) At war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lysistrata explains that her plan is to have the women abstain from ____________ in order to end the war.
2. The Female Leaders talks about having invested her _________ in the life and worth of Athens.
3. Kleonike reminds Lysistrata that women are supposed to be pretty, ornamental, and __________.
4. The Male Leader asks the Commissioner to arrest Lysistrata and the rest of the women in the name of ____________.
5. Lysistrata lets the women know there is already a group of older ___________ women waiting for her signal.
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)