|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Female Leaders talks about having invested her _________ in the life and worth of Athens.
2. Instead, Kleonike suggests that the oath be sworn with a _____________.
(a) Olive branch.
(b) Cup of wine.
3. The Male Leader tells the men of the Chorus, they must go to the _____________ in order to regain control.
4. The only way that Greece can attain unity and ________ is if the women take control, according to Lysistrata.
5. The Chorus of Men appears, carrying a pot containing ___________ and branches of wood.
6. The women are now armed with ___________ to fight off the attack by the men and the soldiers.
(b) Oil cans.
(c) Household implements.
(d) Pitchers of water.
7. The goal for the men is to ____________ the women and make them leave the temple.
(a) Smoke out.
8. _______________ tells Lysistrata that a peace oath can not be sworn on the item from #28.
9. Lysistrata admits that her plan also includes taking over ___________ Temple and the Akropolis.
10. Lysistrata suggests they all take ______________ to seal their bargain and their plan.
(a) A piece of clothing off.
(b) An offering.
(c) An oath.
(d) A blood blessing.
11. The Commissioner goes into a story about how women fighting for their rights brings ______________.
(b) Better understanding.
(c) Moral chaos.
(d) Gender wars.
12. The Commissioner condemns the Chorus for fighting in the _____________.
(c) Public square.
13. Who reassures Lysistrata that the women will show up for the meeting she has called?
14. The _________ vow to fight with real, physical strength in the battle between the men and the women.
(c) Old Men.
(d) Old Women.
15. Lysistrata says that when ___________ agrees, she is the only one who is worthy of being called a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus of Men remove another layer of clothing to give the women a whiff of _____________.
2. Lysistrata explains that her plan is to have the women abstain from ____________ in order to end the war.
3. The Male Leader asks the Commissioner to arrest Lysistrata and the rest of the women in the name of ____________.
4. Lysistrata lets the women know there is already a group of older ___________ women waiting for her signal.
5. What is making the men in the Chorus choke as they are trying to reach the temple?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)