|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can be heard as the two women pass a goblet back and forth?
2. What is making the men in the Chorus choke as they are trying to reach the temple?
(a) The oil smell.
(b) Their own smell.
(c) Smoke from the fire.
(d) The food they cooked.
3. What does the grabbing in #93 do to the Male Leader in the play?
(a) Tips him over.
(b) Kills him.
(d) Makes him laugh.
4. What does the Commissioner tell the officers to use in order to pry open the doors to the Akropolis?
5. What does the Male Leader do to the Female Leader to cause her to lash out initially?
(a) Tries to seduce her.
(b) Laughs at her.
(c) Threatens her.
6. Lysistrata tells the women to be calm and wait for the spirit of _________ to fill the men so the attack can really begin.
7. The Male Leader tells the men they must retake the ____________ and teach the women a lesson.
8. The Chorus of Women point out that the men have left Athens with ___________.
9. The Commissioner condemns the Chorus for fighting in the _____________.
(b) Public square.
10. Kleonike tells Lysistrata to be _______ as women are supposed to be good for only certain things.
11. Lysistrata complains to her friend that if there is a ____________, the women are there in a hurry.
12. The Male and Female Chorus Leaders argue about who has the right to ____________, men or women.
13. Lampito does wonder about the men of ______________, though Sparta does seem to be reasonable.
14. The Commissioner gives a speech about how women use their _________________.
(a) Sexual wiles.
15. The Female Leader mocks the ____________ passed by men after the women remove another layer of clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lysistrata speaks to the Chorus of Women, telling them to rise up and claim their ___________.
2. The Commissioner goes into a story about how women fighting for their rights brings ______________.
3. What does the Female Leader grab before running back to the women?
4. What does the Female Leader hit the Male Leader with before running back?
5. Who is the pretty young woman who arrives in time for Lysistrata's meeting of the women of the town?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)