|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lysistrata explains that her plan is to have the women abstain from ____________ in order to end the war.
(a) Sexual relations.
(b) Hair brushing.
2. The Commissioner gives a speech about how women use their _________________.
(b) Sexual wiles.
3. The ______________ tells the Commissioner to be quiet and to look at the injuries that have been done.
(a) Old Man.
(b) Old Woman.
(c) Woman Leader.
(d) Male Leader.
4. _____________ says she will bring he men of Sparta over to her plan, and then the plan can be extended.
5. ____________ delivers a speech about how men have made a mess in the city for years as the women have sat by.
6. What does the Female Leader grab before running back to the women?
(a) Male Leader's sword.
(b) Male Leader's shield.
(c) Male Leader's ankle.
(d) Male Leader's helmet.
7. Who has seized the Treasury so the Commissioner cannot go through with his deal?
8. Kleonike reminds Lysistrata that women are supposed to be pretty, ornamental, and __________.
9. What does the Male Leader do to the Female Leader to cause her to lash out initially?
(a) Laughs at her.
(b) Threatens her.
(c) Tries to seduce her.
10. What does the Female Leader notice from the men's pots so she tells the women to stop?
11. What does the Commissioner tell the officers to use in order to pry open the doors to the Akropolis?
12. Who reassures Lysistrata that the women will show up for the meeting she has called?
13. Lysistrata is pacing at the start of the play, waiting for the women of ____________ to arrive.
14. ____________ demands that Lysistrata tell the women why they are there for the meeting.
15. The women talk about how they have grown from __________ into powerful womanhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. The men vow they will fight ______________ the same way they fought in the wars.
2. The Commissioner demands to know why they women are so concerned about ____________.
3. The women also complain about how hard it was to fill their _______________.
4. The _______________ pour out of the temple, overwhelming the Commissioner and the men.
5. The _________ vow to fight with real, physical strength in the battle between the men and the women.
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)