|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the wine is poured, the women in the group comment about how much it looks like _____________.
2. Lysistrata tells the women to be calm and wait for the spirit of _________ to fill the men so the attack can really begin.
3. Lysistrata is pacing at the start of the play, waiting for the women of ____________ to arrive.
4. Lysistrata says that she has been thinking about the state of ___________ for a long time.
5. What does Lysistrata say the women will do for the men, which angers the Commissioner?
(a) Overpower them.
(b) Rescue them.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Seduce them.
6. What is the Chorus of Men complaining about when they enter the second part?
(a) The women.
(b) Their knees.
(c) Their desires.
(d) Their work.
7. The _______________ pour out of the temple, overwhelming the Commissioner and the men.
8. The men vow they will fight ______________ the same way they fought in the wars.
(a) The government.
(b) The women.
(c) Their desires.
(d) The priests.
9. Lysistrata explains that her plan is to have the women abstain from ____________ in order to end the war.
(a) Hair brushing.
(b) Sexual relations.
10. Who is told to go to Sparta to spread the word about the plan of Lysistrata?
11. _______________ tells Lysistrata that a peace oath can not be sworn on the item from #28.
12. Lysistrata looks at first for a _____________ upon which to swear an oath.
13. The only way that Greece can attain unity and ________ is if the women take control, according to Lysistrata.
14. Who is the pretty young woman who arrives in time for Lysistrata's meeting of the women of the town?
15. The women talk about how they have grown from __________ into powerful womanhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. ____________ says she has no concerns with making this plan work with the men of Sparta.
2. What can be heard as the two women pass a goblet back and forth?
3. What does the grabbing in #93 do to the Male Leader in the play?
4. Lysistrata notes that when women offered suggestions, they were told to be ____________.
5. Who is NOT one of the women who complain that since the men have been at war, they've hardly been home at all?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)