|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lysistrata tells the women to be calm and wait for the spirit of _________ to fill the men so the attack can really begin.
2. Lysistrata compares the life of a city to a __________ newly shaved off a sheep.
3. Lysistrata wraps the Commissioner up in a piece of __________ to represent a shroud.
4. ____________ says she has no concerns with making this plan work with the men of Sparta.
5. Lysistrata explains that the women must make themselves as _____________ as they can.
6. The Commissioner says that as ____________, they are responsible for what is happening.
7. The Commissioner condemns the Chorus for fighting in the _____________.
(d) Public square.
8. Lysistrata talks about unraveling the political and military situation in the city the same way one would unravel __________.
9. The Male Leader tells the men of the Chorus, they must go to the _____________ in order to regain control.
10. When Lysistrata says they need one person to represent all the women in the oath, who is this person?
11. Lysistrata begins the meeting by asking the women how they feel about their men being ___________.
(c) Demanding of them.
(d) At war.
12. Lysistrata believes the women will make themselves so pretty that the men will not want to _____________.
(a) Go to war.
(b) Fight in the coliseum.
(c) Drink anymore.
13. Who is the well-off young woman who decides to attend the meeting Lysistrata has called?
14. Lysistrata says that she has been thinking about the state of ___________ for a long time.
15. The Female Leaders talks about having invested her _________ in the life and worth of Athens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the big strapping woman who arrives in time for Lysistrata's meeting of the women of the area?
2. Who loudly supports the proposal that Lysistrata talks about as illustrated in #74?
3. As the wine is poured, the women in the group comment about how much it looks like _____________.
4. The only way that Greece can attain unity and ________ is if the women take control, according to Lysistrata.
5. What are the women of the Chorus of Women carrying as they notice the men?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)