|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The men think the women's plan is a cover for a plan by _________ to empty the Athenian Treasury.
2. Lysistrata says that when ___________ agrees, she is the only one who is worthy of being called a woman.
3. Lysistrata suggests they all take ______________ to seal their bargain and their plan.
(a) A blood blessing.
(b) An oath.
(c) An offering.
(d) A piece of clothing off.
4. The ______________ tells the Commissioner to be quiet and to look at the injuries that have been done.
(a) Male Leader.
(b) Woman Leader.
(c) Old Man.
(d) Old Woman.
5. What does the Male Leader do to the Female Leader to cause her to lash out initially?
(b) Laughs at her.
(c) Threatens her.
(d) Tries to seduce her.
6. Who is the pretty young woman who arrives in time for Lysistrata's meeting of the women of the town?
7. The Commissioner says that as ____________, they are responsible for what is happening.
8. The Male Leader tells the men they must retake the ____________ and teach the women a lesson.
9. Lysistrata believes the women will make themselves so pretty that the men will not want to _____________.
(a) Fight in the coliseum.
(b) Drink anymore.
(c) Go to war.
10. In thoughts of what does Kleonike begin to lose herself when she is talking with Lysistrata?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Pretty clothes.
11. The Male and Female Chorus Leaders argue about who has the right to ____________, men or women.
12. The Female Leader mocks the ____________ passed by men after the women remove another layer of clothes.
13. The Commissioner talks about making a deal that will outfit the Athenian __________ with wood to make repairs.
14. Who reassures Lysistrata that the women will show up for the meeting she has called?
15. The Male Leader asks the Commissioner to arrest Lysistrata and the rest of the women in the name of ____________.
(b) Male honor.
(d) Their families.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lysistrata says they need one person to represent all the women in the oath, who is this person?
2. Lysistrata begins the meeting by asking the women how they feel about their men being ___________.
3. The women talk about how they have grown from __________ into powerful womanhood.
4. Lysistrata does add that if the men ____________, then the women can go ahead, but take no pleasure in it.
5. What can be heard as the two women pass a goblet back and forth?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)