|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Male Leader says that by taking the lead in the battle, he takes his place alongside the great ___________ of Athenian history.
2. Lysistrata lets the women know there is already a group of older ___________ women waiting for her signal.
3. Who reassures Lysistrata that the women will show up for the meeting she has called?
4. The Commissioner gives a speech about how women use their _________________.
(a) Sexual wiles.
5. The Chorus of Men take off their ________, revealing they are ready for battle.
6. Lysistrata complains to her friend that if there is a ____________, the women are there in a hurry.
7. To whom do the Women pray in order to have strength and guidance?
8. The Commissioner says he refuses to be told to be quiet by someone wearing a ___________.
9. The Chorus of Men remove another layer of clothing to give the women a whiff of _____________.
10. What does Lysistrata say the women will do for the men, which angers the Commissioner?
(a) Kill them.
(b) Overpower them.
(c) Rescue them.
(d) Seduce them.
11. Who has seized the Treasury so the Commissioner cannot go through with his deal?
12. Who is the well-off young woman who decides to attend the meeting Lysistrata has called?
13. What does the grabbing in #93 do to the Male Leader in the play?
(b) Tips him over.
(c) Makes him laugh.
(d) Kills him.
14. Lysistrata says that when ___________ agrees, she is the only one who is worthy of being called a woman.
15. Kleonike tells Lysistrata to be _______ as women are supposed to be good for only certain things.
Short Answer Questions
1. The women urge themselves to have ____________ as they approach the men.
2. Lysistrata looks at first for a _____________ upon which to swear an oath.
3. The Commissioner goes into a story about how women fighting for their rights brings ______________.
4. Lysistrata says the first thing the women will do when they are in control is to rid the marketplace of ___________.
5. What does the Female Leader grab before running back to the women?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)