|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lysistrata begins the meeting by asking the women how they feel about their men being ___________.
(b) At war.
(c) Demanding of them.
2. Lysistrata tells the Commissioner to come back in a few days as they will make sure he is properly ___________.
3. _______________ tells Lysistrata that a peace oath can not be sworn on the item from #28.
4. The Male Leader says that by taking the lead in the battle, he takes his place alongside the great ___________ of Athenian history.
5. Who is NOT one of the women who complain that since the men have been at war, they've hardly been home at all?
6. What do the women fling at the men in order to douse their aggression?
7. The ________ Leader grabs the __________ Leader and slips away, telling the Chorus of Women to fight back.
(a) Female/Old Man.
(b) Male/Old Woman.
8. The Commissioner demands to know why they women are so concerned about ____________.
9. What is NOT one of the things that happen when the Male Leader and the Female Leader meet?
(a) They embrace.
(b) They threaten each other.
(c) They ridicule each other.
(d) They challenge each other's right to speak.
10. What is the Chorus of Men complaining about when they enter the second part?
(a) Their work.
(b) The women.
(c) Their knees.
(d) Their desires.
11. Lampito does wonder about the men of ______________, though Sparta does seem to be reasonable.
12. What does the Female Leader notice from the men's pots so she tells the women to stop?
13. The Commissioner goes into a story about how women fighting for their rights brings ______________.
(b) Gender wars.
(c) Moral chaos.
(d) Better understanding.
14. What does the Male Leader do to the Female Leader when he approaches her?
(a) Kisses her.
(c) Hits her.
(d) Trips her.
15. Kleonike reluctantly takes hold of the _____________ with Lysistrata.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lysistrata points out that she wants women to gain ______________ through making themselves pretty.
2. The Female Leader mocks the ____________ passed by men after the women remove another layer of clothes.
3. The women are now armed with ___________ to fight off the attack by the men and the soldiers.
4. The men think the women's plan is a cover for a plan by _________ to empty the Athenian Treasury.
5. Lysistrata believes the women will make themselves so pretty that the men will not want to _____________.
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)