|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus of Men appears, carrying a pot containing ___________ and branches of wood.
2. The Commissioner says he refuses to be told to be quiet by someone wearing a ___________.
3. ____________ demands that Lysistrata tell the women why they are there for the meeting.
4. What does the Commissioner tell the officers to use in order to pry open the doors to the Akropolis?
5. Who is NOT one of the women who complain that since the men have been at war, they've hardly been home at all?
6. What does Lysistrata say the women will do for the men, which angers the Commissioner?
(a) Seduce them.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Overpower them.
(d) Rescue them.
7. Who is told to go to Sparta to spread the word about the plan of Lysistrata?
8. Kleonike reluctantly takes hold of the _____________ with Lysistrata.
9. Lysistrata says the first thing the women will do when they are in control is to rid the marketplace of ___________.
10. The Female Leader mocks the ____________ passed by men after the women remove another layer of clothes.
11. The _________ vow to fight with real, physical strength in the battle between the men and the women.
(a) Old Men.
(d) Old Women.
12. The Chorus of Men remove another layer of clothing to give the women a whiff of _____________.
13. Lysistrata explains that the women must make themselves as _____________ as they can.
14. Who is the pretty young woman who arrives in time for Lysistrata's meeting of the women of the town?
15. What does the Male Leader do to the Female Leader when he approaches her?
(a) Trips her.
(b) Kisses her.
(c) Hits her.
Short Answer Questions
1. The goal for the men is to ____________ the women and make them leave the temple.
2. Lysistrata begins the meeting by asking the women how they feel about their men being ___________.
3. The only way that Greece can attain unity and ________ is if the women take control, according to Lysistrata.
4. The women are now armed with ___________ to fight off the attack by the men and the soldiers.
5. The Male Leader asks the Commissioner to arrest Lysistrata and the rest of the women in the name of ____________.
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)