|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Male Leader says that by taking the lead in the battle, he takes his place alongside the great ___________ of Athenian history.
2. Lysistrata looks at first for a _____________ upon which to swear an oath.
3. The women are now armed with ___________ to fight off the attack by the men and the soldiers.
(b) Pitchers of water.
(c) Oil cans.
(d) Household implements.
4. The Commissioner demands to know why they women are so concerned about ____________.
5. What does Lysistrata say the women will do for the men, which angers the Commissioner?
(a) Overpower them.
(b) Rescue them.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Seduce them.
6. Lysistrata suggests they all take ______________ to seal their bargain and their plan.
(a) An offering.
(b) A blood blessing.
(c) An oath.
(d) A piece of clothing off.
7. The only way that Greece can attain unity and ________ is if the women take control, according to Lysistrata.
8. What does the grabbing in #93 do to the Male Leader in the play?
(b) Makes him laugh.
(c) Kills him.
(d) Tips him over.
9. ____________ delivers a speech about how men have made a mess in the city for years as the women have sat by.
10. As the wine is poured, the women in the group comment about how much it looks like _____________.
11. What does the Female Leader hit the Male Leader with before running back?
12. What are the women of the Chorus of Women carrying as they notice the men?
(a) Pitchers of water.
(c) Pots of fire.
13. The _______________ pour out of the temple, overwhelming the Commissioner and the men.
14. When the man becomes ___________, Lysistrata says that the woman should refuse to go all the way.
15. Lysistrata notes that when women offered suggestions, they were told to be ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can be heard as the two women pass a goblet back and forth?
2. Lysistrata compares the life of a city to a __________ newly shaved off a sheep.
3. Lysistrata explains that withholding the _____________ means the men will be unable to go to war.
4. The men think the women's plan is a cover for a plan by _________ to empty the Athenian Treasury.
5. What does the Female Leader grab before running back to the women?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)