|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The _______________ pour out of the temple, overwhelming the Commissioner and the men.
2. Lysistrata compares the life of a city to a __________ newly shaved off a sheep.
3. Lysistrata explains that her plan is to have the women abstain from ____________ in order to end the war.
(b) Sexual relations.
(c) Hair brushing.
4. The Commissioner condemns the Chorus for fighting in the _____________.
(a) Public square.
5. The Commissioner says he refuses to be told to be quiet by someone wearing a ___________.
6. Lysistrata says that she has been thinking about the state of ___________ for a long time.
7. Who reassures Lysistrata that the women will show up for the meeting she has called?
8. When the man becomes ___________, Lysistrata says that the woman should refuse to go all the way.
9. Lysistrata reminds the Commissioner to never underestimate the power of ____________.
10. The Commissioner goes into a story about how women fighting for their rights brings ______________.
(a) Moral chaos.
(c) Gender wars.
(d) Better understanding.
11. What does Lysistrata say the women will do for the men, which angers the Commissioner?
(a) Kill them.
(b) Overpower them.
(c) Rescue them.
(d) Seduce them.
12. What does the grabbing in #93 do to the Male Leader in the play?
(a) Kills him.
(c) Tips him over.
(d) Makes him laugh.
13. ____________ demands that Lysistrata tell the women why they are there for the meeting.
14. Lysistrata points out that she wants women to gain ______________ through making themselves pretty.
15. Instead, Kleonike suggests that the oath be sworn with a _____________.
(a) Olive branch.
(c) Cup of wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Male and Female Chorus Leaders argue about who has the right to ____________, men or women.
2. The Female Leaders talks about having invested her _________ in the life and worth of Athens.
3. What is the Chorus of Men complaining about when they enter the second part?
4. What do the women fling at the men in order to douse their aggression?
5. What is making the men in the Chorus choke as they are trying to reach the temple?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)