|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Female Leaders talks about having invested her _________ in the life and worth of Athens.
2. As the wine is poured, the women in the group comment about how much it looks like _____________.
3. The Commissioner talks about making a deal that will outfit the Athenian __________ with wood to make repairs.
4. The Commissioner says that as ____________, they are responsible for what is happening.
5. Lysistrata points out that she wants women to gain ______________ through making themselves pretty.
6. Who reassures Lysistrata that the women will show up for the meeting she has called?
7. The Male Leader says that by taking the lead in the battle, he takes his place alongside the great ___________ of Athenian history.
8. Lysistrata reminds the Commissioner to never underestimate the power of ____________.
9. Lysistrata compares the life of a city to a __________ newly shaved off a sheep.
10. What can be heard as the two women pass a goblet back and forth?
11. What does Lysistrata say the women will do for the men, which angers the Commissioner?
(a) Overpower them.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Seduce them.
(d) Rescue them.
12. Lysistrata is pacing at the start of the play, waiting for the women of ____________ to arrive.
13. Lysistrata says the first thing the women will do when they are in control is to rid the marketplace of ___________.
14. The Chorus of Men remove another layer of clothing to give the women a whiff of _____________.
15. Lysistrata talks about unraveling the political and military situation in the city the same way one would unravel __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the women of the Chorus of Women carrying as they notice the men?
2. The women are now armed with ___________ to fight off the attack by the men and the soldiers.
3. The men think the women's plan is a cover for a plan by _________ to empty the Athenian Treasury.
4. The Male Leader tells the men they must retake the ____________ and teach the women a lesson.
5. Lysistrata does add that if the men ____________, then the women can go ahead, but take no pleasure in it.
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)