|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kleonike tells Lysistrata to be _______ as women are supposed to be good for only certain things.
2. Who is told to go to Sparta to spread the word about the plan of Lysistrata?
3. Who appears with the four police officers at the start of this part of the play?
4. Who is the big strapping woman who arrives in time for Lysistrata's meeting of the women of the area?
5. Lysistrata explains that her plan is to have the women abstain from ____________ in order to end the war.
(c) Sexual relations.
(d) Hair brushing.
6. What does the Male Leader do to the Female Leader when he approaches her?
(a) Kisses her.
(c) Trips her.
(d) Hits her.
7. The Chorus of Women point out that the men have left Athens with ___________.
8. The Commissioner gives a speech about how women use their _________________.
(d) Sexual wiles.
9. ____________ demands that Lysistrata tell the women why they are there for the meeting.
10. Lysistrata looks at first for a _____________ upon which to swear an oath.
11. What is the Chorus of Men complaining about when they enter the second part?
(a) Their work.
(b) Their desires.
(c) The women.
(d) Their knees.
12. What does the Commissioner tell the officers to use in order to pry open the doors to the Akropolis?
13. The Commissioner says that as ____________, they are responsible for what is happening.
14. Lysistrata begins the meeting by asking the women how they feel about their men being ___________.
(b) At war.
(c) Demanding of them.
15. The Male Leader tells the men they must retake the ____________ and teach the women a lesson.
Short Answer Questions
1. The women also complain about how hard it was to fill their _______________.
2. When Lysistrata says they need one person to represent all the women in the oath, who is this person?
3. What does the Female Leader hit the Male Leader with before running back?
4. The Female Leader mocks the ____________ passed by men after the women remove another layer of clothes.
5. What do the women remove in order to show that they too are dressed for battle?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)