|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _______________ tells Lysistrata that a peace oath can not be sworn on the item from #28.
2. The Commissioner condemns the Chorus for fighting in the _____________.
(d) Public square.
3. Lysistrata reminds the Commissioner to never underestimate the power of ____________.
4. When Lysistrata says they need one person to represent all the women in the oath, who is this person?
5. What are the women of the Chorus of Women carrying as they notice the men?
(a) Pitchers of water.
(c) Pots of fire.
6. Lysistrata explains that her plan is to have the women abstain from ____________ in order to end the war.
(a) Hair brushing.
(b) Sexual relations.
7. Lysistrata speaks to the Chorus of Women, telling them to rise up and claim their ___________.
8. Lysistrata explains that the women must make themselves as _____________ as they can.
9. As the wine is poured, the women in the group comment about how much it looks like _____________.
10. What is the Chorus of Men complaining about when they enter the second part?
(a) Their knees.
(b) The women.
(c) Their desires.
(d) Their work.
11. The Female Leader suggests the men have wasted the ___________ invested in peace by their grandfathers.
12. Kleonike reluctantly takes hold of the _____________ with Lysistrata.
13. The women are now armed with ___________ to fight off the attack by the men and the soldiers.
(a) Oil cans.
(b) Household implements.
(c) Pitchers of water.
14. The Female Leaders talks about having invested her _________ in the life and worth of Athens.
15. The only way that Greece can attain unity and ________ is if the women take control, according to Lysistrata.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Female Leader mocks the ____________ passed by men after the women remove another layer of clothes.
2. Who is the well-off young woman who decides to attend the meeting Lysistrata has called?
3. Who is the pretty young woman who arrives in time for Lysistrata's meeting of the women of the town?
4. _____________ says she will bring he men of Sparta over to her plan, and then the plan can be extended.
5. Instead, Kleonike suggests that the oath be sworn with a _____________.
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)