|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Chorus of Men complaining about when they enter the second part?
(a) Their work.
(b) The women.
(c) Their knees.
(d) Their desires.
2. What does the Female Leader notice from the men's pots so she tells the women to stop?
3. What does the Female Leader grab before running back to the women?
(a) Male Leader's sword.
(b) Male Leader's shield.
(c) Male Leader's ankle.
(d) Male Leader's helmet.
4. The Chorus of Men take off their ________, revealing they are ready for battle.
5. The Chorus of Women point out that the men have left Athens with ___________.
6. Who loudly supports the proposal that Lysistrata talks about as illustrated in #74?
(b) No one.
7. The Commissioner talks about making a deal that will outfit the Athenian __________ with wood to make repairs.
8. Lysistrata points out that she wants women to gain ______________ through making themselves pretty.
9. Kleonike tells Lysistrata to be _______ as women are supposed to be good for only certain things.
10. The Male Leader tells the men they must retake the ____________ and teach the women a lesson.
11. The women also complain about how hard it was to fill their _______________.
12. Lysistrata says the first thing the women will do when they are in control is to rid the marketplace of ___________.
13. The goal for the men is to ____________ the women and make them leave the temple.
(c) Smoke out.
14. Instead, Kleonike suggests that the oath be sworn with a _____________.
(b) Cup of wine.
(c) Olive branch.
15. What does the Male Leader do to the Female Leader when he approaches her?
(a) Hits her.
(c) Trips her.
(d) Kisses her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lysistrata suggests they all take ______________ to seal their bargain and their plan.
2. What does Lysistrata have in her hand that helps her block the advances of the officers?
3. What can be heard as the two women pass a goblet back and forth?
4. What does the Male Leader do to the Female Leader to cause her to lash out initially?
5. Lysistrata believes the women will make themselves so pretty that the men will not want to _____________.
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)