Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the grabbing in #93 do to the Male Leader in the play?
(b) Tips him over.
(c) Makes him laugh.
(d) Kills him.
2. The Female Leaders talks about having invested her _________ in the life and worth of Athens.
3. Who is the well-off young woman who decides to attend the meeting Lysistrata has called?
4. The goal for the men is to ____________ the women and make them leave the temple.
(a) Smoke out.
5. Lysistrata does add that if the men ____________, then the women can go ahead, but take no pleasure in it.
(c) Say they will divorce them.
(d) Harm them.
6. Lysistrata tells the Commissioner to come back in a few days as they will make sure he is properly ___________.
7. Lysistrata explains that her plan is to have the women abstain from ____________ in order to end the war.
(b) Sexual relations.
(c) Hair brushing.
8. Kleonike reminds Lysistrata that women are supposed to be pretty, ornamental, and __________.
9. What is NOT one of the things that happen when the Male Leader and the Female Leader meet?
(a) They embrace.
(b) They ridicule each other.
(c) They threaten each other.
(d) They challenge each other's right to speak.
10. What does Lysistrata say the women will do for the men, which angers the Commissioner?
(a) Seduce them.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Rescue them.
(d) Overpower them.
11. Lysistrata says that when ___________ agrees, she is the only one who is worthy of being called a woman.
12. Lysistrata speaks to the Chorus of Women, telling them to rise up and claim their ___________.
13. To whom do the Women pray in order to have strength and guidance?
14. The _______________ pour out of the temple, overwhelming the Commissioner and the men.
15. Lampito does wonder about the men of ______________, though Sparta does seem to be reasonable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kleonike tells Lysistrata to be _______ as women are supposed to be good for only certain things.
2. The Commissioner says he refuses to be told to be quiet by someone wearing a ___________.
3. The Male Leader says that by taking the lead in the battle, he takes his place alongside the great ___________ of Athenian history.
4. Lysistrata explains that the women must make themselves as _____________ as they can.
5. What does the Male Leader do to the Female Leader to cause her to lash out initially?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)