|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The women urge themselves to have ____________ as they approach the men.
2. Who is told to go to Sparta to spread the word about the plan of Lysistrata?
3. What can be heard as the two women pass a goblet back and forth?
4. Instead, Kleonike suggests that the oath be sworn with a _____________.
(a) Olive branch.
(c) Cup of wine.
5. The Commissioner demands to know why they women are so concerned about ____________.
6. What do the women remove in order to show that they too are dressed for battle?
7. Who is the big strapping woman who arrives in time for Lysistrata's meeting of the women of the area?
8. What do the women fling at the men in order to douse their aggression?
9. Lysistrata says that when ___________ agrees, she is the only one who is worthy of being called a woman.
10. When the man becomes ___________, Lysistrata says that the woman should refuse to go all the way.
11. The Female Leader suggests the men have wasted the ___________ invested in peace by their grandfathers.
12. Lysistrata is pacing at the start of the play, waiting for the women of ____________ to arrive.
13. Lysistrata lets the women know there is already a group of older ___________ women waiting for her signal.
14. Lysistrata points out that she wants women to gain ______________ through making themselves pretty.
15. What does Lysistrata say the women will do for the men, which angers the Commissioner?
(a) Rescue them.
(b) Seduce them.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Overpower them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lysistrata says the first thing the women will do when they are in control is to rid the marketplace of ___________.
2. The women talk about how they have grown from __________ into powerful womanhood.
3. Lysistrata explains that her plan is to have the women abstain from ____________ in order to end the war.
4. Lysistrata wraps the Commissioner up in a piece of __________ to represent a shroud.
5. Kleonike reluctantly takes hold of the _____________ with Lysistrata.
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)