|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lysistrata notes that when women offered suggestions, they were told to be ____________.
2. Lysistrata believes the women will make themselves so pretty that the men will not want to _____________.
(a) Fight in the coliseum.
(b) Drink anymore.
(d) Go to war.
3. When the man becomes ___________, Lysistrata says that the woman should refuse to go all the way.
4. Lampito does wonder about the men of ______________, though Sparta does seem to be reasonable.
5. The women talk about how they have grown from __________ into powerful womanhood.
6. Lysistrata says that she has been thinking about the state of ___________ for a long time.
7. _____________ says she will bring he men of Sparta over to her plan, and then the plan can be extended.
8. Who is NOT one of the women who complain that since the men have been at war, they've hardly been home at all?
9. What do the women remove in order to show that they too are dressed for battle?
10. Lysistrata talks about unraveling the political and military situation in the city the same way one would unravel __________.
11. What can be heard as the two women pass a goblet back and forth?
12. The Commissioner demands to know why they women are so concerned about ____________.
13. The Commissioner talks about how they have allowed their women too much ______________.
14. The ________ Leader grabs the __________ Leader and slips away, telling the Chorus of Women to fight back.
(b) Male/Old Woman.
(d) Female/Old Man.
15. Lysistrata compares the life of a city to a __________ newly shaved off a sheep.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Commissioner says he refuses to be told to be quiet by someone wearing a ___________.
2. What does the Female Leader notice from the men's pots so she tells the women to stop?
3. The Male Leader tells the men they must retake the ____________ and teach the women a lesson.
4. Who appears with the four police officers at the start of this part of the play?
5. The only way that Greece can attain unity and ________ is if the women take control, according to Lysistrata.
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)