|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lysistrata explains that her plan is to have the women abstain from ____________ in order to end the war.
(b) Hair brushing.
(d) Sexual relations.
2. Lysistrata believes the women will make themselves so pretty that the men will not want to _____________.
(a) Fight in the coliseum.
(c) Drink anymore.
(d) Go to war.
3. The _________ vow to fight with real, physical strength in the battle between the men and the women.
(a) Old Women.
(d) Old Men.
4. Lysistrata is pacing at the start of the play, waiting for the women of ____________ to arrive.
5. Lysistrata does add that if the men ____________, then the women can go ahead, but take no pleasure in it.
(b) Say they will divorce them.
(c) Harm them.
6. Kleonike tells Lysistrata to be _______ as women are supposed to be good for only certain things.
7. Lysistrata looks at first for a _____________ upon which to swear an oath.
8. Lysistrata reminds the Commissioner to never underestimate the power of ____________.
9. The Female Leaders talks about having invested her _________ in the life and worth of Athens.
10. Lysistrata tells the women to be calm and wait for the spirit of _________ to fill the men so the attack can really begin.
11. The ______________ tells the Commissioner to be quiet and to look at the injuries that have been done.
(a) Old Woman.
(b) Male Leader.
(c) Woman Leader.
(d) Old Man.
12. The Female Leader mocks the ____________ passed by men after the women remove another layer of clothes.
13. The goal for the men is to ____________ the women and make them leave the temple.
(c) Smoke out.
14. Lampito does wonder about the men of ______________, though Sparta does seem to be reasonable.
15. The women also complain about how hard it was to fill their _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Female Leader suggests the men have wasted the ___________ invested in peace by their grandfathers.
2. Lysistrata compares the life of a city to a __________ newly shaved off a sheep.
3. Lysistrata suggests they all take ______________ to seal their bargain and their plan.
4. What does Lysistrata say the women will do for the men, which angers the Commissioner?
5. ____________ delivers a speech about how men have made a mess in the city for years as the women have sat by.
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)