|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kleonike tells Lysistrata to be _______ as women are supposed to be good for only certain things.
2. Lysistrata reminds the Commissioner to never underestimate the power of ____________.
3. The _______________ pour out of the temple, overwhelming the Commissioner and the men.
4. Lysistrata lets the women know there is already a group of older ___________ women waiting for her signal.
5. The Commissioner gives a speech about how women use their _________________.
(c) Sexual wiles.
6. The Female Leaders talks about having invested her _________ in the life and worth of Athens.
7. The ________ Leader grabs the __________ Leader and slips away, telling the Chorus of Women to fight back.
(a) Male/Old Woman.
(c) Female/Old Man.
8. Lysistrata compares the life of a city to a __________ newly shaved off a sheep.
9. _______________ tells Lysistrata that a peace oath can not be sworn on the item from #28.
10. Lysistrata talks about unraveling the political and military situation in the city the same way one would unravel __________.
11. The women also complain about how hard it was to fill their _______________.
12. Who reassures Lysistrata that the women will show up for the meeting she has called?
13. What does Lysistrata have in her hand that helps her block the advances of the officers?
14. Who is the pretty young woman who arrives in time for Lysistrata's meeting of the women of the town?
15. Lysistrata looks at first for a _____________ upon which to swear an oath.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Male Leader says that by taking the lead in the battle, he takes his place alongside the great ___________ of Athenian history.
2. What does the Female Leader notice from the men's pots so she tells the women to stop?
3. The men vow they will fight ______________ the same way they fought in the wars.
4. Who is NOT one of the women who complain that since the men have been at war, they've hardly been home at all?
5. The Female Leader mocks the ____________ passed by men after the women remove another layer of clothes.
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)