|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Commissioner talks about making a deal that will outfit the Athenian __________ with wood to make repairs.
2. Lysistrata believes the women will make themselves so pretty that the men will not want to _____________.
(b) Drink anymore.
(c) Go to war.
(d) Fight in the coliseum.
3. Lysistrata points out that she wants women to gain ______________ through making themselves pretty.
4. As the wine is poured, the women in the group comment about how much it looks like _____________.
5. What does the Female Leader hit the Male Leader with before running back?
6. Lysistrata tells the women to be calm and wait for the spirit of _________ to fill the men so the attack can really begin.
7. What can be heard as the two women pass a goblet back and forth?
8. Lysistrata notes that when women offered suggestions, they were told to be ____________.
9. What is NOT one of the things that happen when the Male Leader and the Female Leader meet?
(a) They threaten each other.
(b) They challenge each other's right to speak.
(c) They ridicule each other.
(d) They embrace.
10. What does the Female Leader grab before running back to the women?
(a) Male Leader's shield.
(b) Male Leader's ankle.
(c) Male Leader's helmet.
(d) Male Leader's sword.
11. Kleonike reminds Lysistrata that women are supposed to be pretty, ornamental, and __________.
12. The women also complain about how hard it was to fill their _______________.
13. What does the Male Leader do to the Female Leader to cause her to lash out initially?
(a) Tries to seduce her.
(c) Laughs at her.
(d) Threatens her.
14. The Commissioner says he refuses to be told to be quiet by someone wearing a ___________.
15. In thoughts of what does Kleonike begin to lose herself when she is talking with Lysistrata?
(a) Her husband.
(d) Pretty clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. ____________ demands that Lysistrata tell the women why they are there for the meeting.
2. Who is the pretty young woman who arrives in time for Lysistrata's meeting of the women of the town?
3. Kleonike reluctantly takes hold of the _____________ with Lysistrata.
4. Lysistrata says the first thing the women will do when they are in control is to rid the marketplace of ___________.
5. Lysistrata wraps the Commissioner up in a piece of __________ to represent a shroud.
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)