|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lysistrata tells the Commissioner to come back in a few days as they will make sure he is properly ___________.
2. The women urge themselves to have ____________ as they approach the men.
3. The women talk about how they have grown from __________ into powerful womanhood.
4. Lysistrata points out that she wants women to gain ______________ through making themselves pretty.
5. What is the Chorus of Men complaining about when they enter the second part?
(a) Their work.
(b) Their desires.
(c) The women.
(d) Their knees.
6. What does the Male Leader do to the Female Leader to cause her to lash out initially?
(b) Laughs at her.
(c) Threatens her.
(d) Tries to seduce her.
7. Lysistrata compares the life of a city to a __________ newly shaved off a sheep.
8. What does the grabbing in #93 do to the Male Leader in the play?
(b) Makes him laugh.
(c) Kills him.
(d) Tips him over.
9. Who appears with the four police officers at the start of this part of the play?
10. As the wine is poured, the women in the group comment about how much it looks like _____________.
11. Who is the well-off young woman who decides to attend the meeting Lysistrata has called?
12. Lysistrata talks about unraveling the political and military situation in the city the same way one would unravel __________.
13. The Male and Female Chorus Leaders argue about who has the right to ____________, men or women.
14. The Male Leader asks the Commissioner to arrest Lysistrata and the rest of the women in the name of ____________.
(c) Male honor.
(d) Their families.
15. What are the women of the Chorus of Women carrying as they notice the men?
(b) Pots of fire.
(d) Pitchers of water.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Female Leader mocks the ____________ passed by men after the women remove another layer of clothes.
2. The Male Leader tells the men they must retake the ____________ and teach the women a lesson.
3. Lysistrata complains to her friend that if there is a ____________, the women are there in a hurry.
4. The _______________ pour out of the temple, overwhelming the Commissioner and the men.
5. What can be heard as the two women pass a goblet back and forth?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)