|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Male Leader tells the men they must retake the ____________ and teach the women a lesson.
2. Kleonike reminds Lysistrata that women are supposed to be pretty, ornamental, and __________.
3. Lysistrata explains that her plan is to have the women abstain from ____________ in order to end the war.
(c) Sexual relations.
(d) Hair brushing.
4. _____________ says she will bring he men of Sparta over to her plan, and then the plan can be extended.
5. What do the women fling at the men in order to douse their aggression?
6. Who has seized the Treasury so the Commissioner cannot go through with his deal?
7. The men think the women's plan is a cover for a plan by _________ to empty the Athenian Treasury.
8. Lysistrata speaks to the Chorus of Women, telling them to rise up and claim their ___________.
9. The Male Leader asks the Commissioner to arrest Lysistrata and the rest of the women in the name of ____________.
(a) Their families.
(b) Male honor.
10. Lysistrata lets the women know there is already a group of older ___________ women waiting for her signal.
11. Lysistrata explains that the women must make themselves as _____________ as they can.
12. What does Lysistrata say the women will do for the men, which angers the Commissioner?
(a) Kill them.
(b) Seduce them.
(c) Overpower them.
(d) Rescue them.
13. The Female Leaders talks about having invested her _________ in the life and worth of Athens.
14. What does the Female Leader hit the Male Leader with before running back?
15. The ______________ tells the Commissioner to be quiet and to look at the injuries that have been done.
(a) Old Man.
(b) Male Leader.
(c) Old Woman.
(d) Woman Leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead, Kleonike suggests that the oath be sworn with a _____________.
2. What does the Female Leader grab before running back to the women?
3. Lysistrata tells the Commissioner to come back in a few days as they will make sure he is properly ___________.
4. Kleonike tells Lysistrata to be _______ as women are supposed to be good for only certain things.
5. The Chorus of Men appears, carrying a pot containing ___________ and branches of wood.
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)