|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lysistrata notes that when women offered suggestions, they were told to be ____________.
2. Lysistrata tells the Commissioner to come back in a few days as they will make sure he is properly ___________.
3. The Chorus of Men remove another layer of clothing to give the women a whiff of _____________.
4. Lysistrata tells the women to be calm and wait for the spirit of _________ to fill the men so the attack can really begin.
5. Kleonike reminds Lysistrata that women are supposed to be pretty, ornamental, and __________.
6. What are the women of the Chorus of Women carrying as they notice the men?
(a) Pots of fire.
(d) Pitchers of water.
7. The women are now armed with ___________ to fight off the attack by the men and the soldiers.
(a) Pitchers of water.
(b) Household implements.
(d) Oil cans.
8. The men think the women's plan is a cover for a plan by _________ to empty the Athenian Treasury.
9. What does the Male Leader do to the Female Leader to cause her to lash out initially?
(a) Laughs at her.
(b) Tries to seduce her.
(d) Threatens her.
10. Instead, Kleonike suggests that the oath be sworn with a _____________.
(b) Cup of wine.
(d) Olive branch.
11. The Commissioner says he refuses to be told to be quiet by someone wearing a ___________.
12. Who is the pretty young woman who arrives in time for Lysistrata's meeting of the women of the town?
13. The _________ vow to fight with real, physical strength in the battle between the men and the women.
(b) Old Men.
(c) Old Women.
14. The Male and Female Chorus Leaders argue about who has the right to ____________, men or women.
15. Lysistrata explains that her plan is to have the women abstain from ____________ in order to end the war.
(a) Hair brushing.
(b) Sexual relations.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Commissioner goes into a story about how women fighting for their rights brings ______________.
2. The women also complain about how hard it was to fill their _______________.
3. Who loudly supports the proposal that Lysistrata talks about as illustrated in #74?
4. What does the Commissioner tell the officers to use in order to pry open the doors to the Akropolis?
5. The Chorus of Men take off their ________, revealing they are ready for battle.
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)