|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Commissioner says he refuses to be told to be quiet by someone wearing a ___________.
2. What is making the men in the Chorus choke as they are trying to reach the temple?
(a) The food they cooked.
(b) Their own smell.
(c) The oil smell.
(d) Smoke from the fire.
3. Kleonike reminds Lysistrata that women are supposed to be pretty, ornamental, and __________.
4. Lysistrata lets the women know there is already a group of older ___________ women waiting for her signal.
5. The Male Leader tells the men they must retake the ____________ and teach the women a lesson.
6. When the man becomes ___________, Lysistrata says that the woman should refuse to go all the way.
7. Lysistrata tells the Commissioner to come back in a few days as they will make sure he is properly ___________.
8. Kleonike tells Lysistrata to be _______ as women are supposed to be good for only certain things.
9. What does Lysistrata have in her hand that helps her block the advances of the officers?
10. Lysistrata tells the women to be calm and wait for the spirit of _________ to fill the men so the attack can really begin.
11. What are the women of the Chorus of Women carrying as they notice the men?
(b) Pitchers of water.
(d) Pots of fire.
12. The women talk about how they have grown from __________ into powerful womanhood.
13. Lysistrata does add that if the men ____________, then the women can go ahead, but take no pleasure in it.
(c) Say they will divorce them.
(d) Harm them.
14. Lysistrata believes the women will make themselves so pretty that the men will not want to _____________.
(a) Go to war.
(b) Fight in the coliseum.
(d) Drink anymore.
15. The Male Leader tells the men of the Chorus, they must go to the _____________ in order to regain control.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the wine is poured, the women in the group comment about how much it looks like _____________.
2. In thoughts of what does Kleonike begin to lose herself when she is talking with Lysistrata?
3. Lysistrata begins the meeting by asking the women how they feel about their men being ___________.
4. Lysistrata says that she has been thinking about the state of ___________ for a long time.
5. Lysistrata points out that she wants women to gain ______________ through making themselves pretty.
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)