|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state did the New York Times writer William S. White come from?
2. Who was Robert Baker?
3. What were liberal Democrats happy to receive when the Civil Rights Act was passed?
4. How many children did his mother still have at home when Johnson went off to college?
5. Why did Johnson decide to become a politician?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Johnson's relationship with his mother, Rebekah.
2. What initiative did Johnson take after the Soviets launched Sputnik?
3. What did Johnson find fascinating about his paternal grandfather?
4. What happened when Johnson made a speech for Pat Neff at the political picnic in Henley, Texas?
5. How did the Senate change after Johnson became vice-president?
6. Why did Johnson like going to the legislature with his father?
7. Why did Johnson choose not to join the Southern caucus when he was in the Senate?
8. What did Sam Johnson think of his young son's hair?
9. As Majority Leader, why did Johnson dislike press conferences?
10. What were the Black Stars at San Marcos College?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Johnson's work ethic throughout his life. How did he always choose to learn as much as he could about a job? How did he push himself and make others work harder?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Johnson's role as President after John F. Kennedy was assassinated. What was he aware of and sensitive about regarding the public's love of Kennedy? Did he create a smooth transition for the American public? How?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Johnson's final years. What project did he like working on the best? Why was it difficult for him to write his memoirs? How did seeing his Great Society programs cut by Nixon impact his life?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)