|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role did Robert Kennedy fill under the Johnson Administration?
(a) Supreme Court Justice.
(b) Labor Secretary.
(c) Attorney General.
(d) Secretary of State.
2. What did President Nixon do to Johnson's Great Society programs?
(a) Refined them.
(b) Supported them all.
(c) Gave them more funding.
(d) Ended many of them.
3. What Vietnamese people did Johnson want to help in the Vietnam War?
(a) Viet Cong.
(b) South Vietnamese.
(c) North Vietnamese.
(d) Communists of Hanoi.
4. What did Congress and the Cabinet inform Johnson that he had to change in 1968?
(a) Healthcare legislation.
(b) War policy.
(c) Education policy.
(d) Standards on communication.
5. What does Tet mean in Vietnamese?
(b) Beginning again.
(c) Political choices.
(d) New Year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Johnson think reporters were doing in order to win Pulitzer Prizes?
2. What did Johnson believe he would gain if he took a "middle course" in Vietnam and in the work on Great Society initiatives in "Under Siege in the White House"?
3. Who did Johnson appoint to the Supreme Court that he thought mothers would name their newborn sons after?
4. How many points did Johnson's approval rating drop between 1966 and 1968?
5. How many social programs were created under Johnson's leadership between 1965 and 1968?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Johnson decide not to seek reelection for the Presidency?
2. What caused Great Society programs to fail in the mid-1960s?
3. How did Johnson feel about Richard Nixon cutting his Great Society programs?
4. What was Johnson's first reaction to the Watts, Los Angeles riots in August, 1965?
5. What reasons did Johnson give Robert Kennedy for not choosing Kennedy to be on the presidential ticket with him?
6. What was the Tet offensive and how did it affect Johnson?
7. What were some of the events that took place as the peace movement got underway in 1968?
8. Why did pilots find it difficult to find targets during the Vietnam war?
9. How did Johnson calm the American public after Kennedy's assassination?
10. Why did Johnson stop meeting with his National Security Council when he was under siege?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)