|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What appointment did Johnson receive having to do with the National Youth Administration?
(b) Texas Director.
2. When Johnson was working for a lawyer in 1926, where did he decide to go?
(c) Washington, D.D.
(d) Home to Texas.
3. What did Willy Hopkins hire Johnson to do after he heard him speaking at a political gathering in Henley, Texas?
(a) Give speeches at schools.
(b) Work for the town of Henley.
(c) Teach at a Mexican-American school.
(d) Manage his campaign.
4. In "The Senate Leader," what did Johnson fear if the Civil Rights Act did not pass the Senate?
(a) Kennedy's new legislation.
(b) That everything he had created would come undone.
(c) The President's wrath.
(d) The Republican's reforms.
5. What political party did Sam Ealy Johnson join that had a presidential candidate in 1892?
(a) Independent Party.
(b) Republican Party.
(c) Democratic Party.
(d) Populist Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Johnson prepare for his math entrance exams in his first semester in college?
2. What kind of food did Johnson discover that John Kennedy loved and then stocked his plane with it?
3. Who is Rebekah Baines?
4. Who was James Connally?
5. Who was Robert Baker?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Johnson annoyed when the Democratic National Committee created an Advisory Committee in 1958?
2. What happened when Johnson made a speech for Pat Neff at the political picnic in Henley, Texas?
3. What did Sam Johnson think of his young son's hair?
4. How did Johnson thwart the political power of the Black Stars?
5. Why was Johnson uncertain about running for the office of US Senator?
6. What story of his grandmother did his grandfather often tell Johnson?
7. What kind of relationship did Johnson have with his staff while he was in the Senate?
8. Describe Johnson's relationship with his mother, Rebekah.
9. What initiative did Johnson take after the Soviets launched Sputnik?
10. Why did Johnson decide to become a politician?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)