|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Lyndon Johnson born?
(a) Stonewall, Texas.
(b) Boston, Massachusetts.
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) Atlanta, Georgia.
2. What grade did Johnson give his Vice President?
(d) A or A plus.
3. What was Richard Kleberg most interested in in Washington?
(b) Legislative policies.
(c) Social life.
(d) Working for the common man.
4. What year did a United States Senate seat open in Texas that Johnson ultimately won?
5. What branch of the military did Johnson enlist in after the attack at Pearl Harbor?
(a) Air Force.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were liberal Democrats happy to receive when the Civil Rights Act was passed?
2. What job did Johnson take with Richard Kleberg?
3. How did Johnson prefer campaigning in the 1960s Democratic presidential primary?
4. What student organization was Johnson elected to be a member of in college?
5. Who was Johnson visiting on the July Fourth weekend when he got sick in 1955?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story of his grandmother did his grandfather often tell Johnson?
2. How did Johnson conduct his campaign for Democratic nomination for president in 1960?
3. When Johnson was Senate Majority Leader, what was his style of leadership?
4. What competitive changes did Johnson bring to the Mexican-American school he taught at in Cotulla?
5. Why did Johnson decide to become a politician?
6. Why was Johnson uncertain about running for the office of US Senator?
7. Describe how Johnson got elected to Congress through a special election.
8. Why did Johnson like going to the legislature with his father?
9. As Majority Leader, why did Johnson dislike press conferences?
10. Why did Johnson choose not to join the Southern caucus when he was in the Senate?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)