|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What branch of the military did Johnson enlist in after the attack at Pearl Harbor?
(d) Air Force.
2. What did Johnson's public statement about the 84th Congress express when he returned from his three-month convalescence?
3. Where was the college located where Johnson went in 1927?
(a) Central Texas.
(b) Southern California.
(d) Northern Texas.
4. What position did Johnson get elected to on January 3, 1953?
(a) Democratic Party Whip.
(b) Minority Leader.
5. What was the name of the space program that Johnson's congressional initiatives resulted in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the Supreme court case that dealt with segregation in 1954?
2. What word did Johnson's mother often scrawl on the outside of letters to her son?
3. How long was Johnson's train journey at the end of "Education and the Dream of Success"?
4. When Johnson was working for a lawyer in 1926, where did he decide to go?
5. What did Johnson admire about Humphrey?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Johnson learn as much as he could about Congress when he first arrived as a Legislative Secretary?
2. What was Johnson's reaction to being asked to be Kennedy's vice-president?
3. When Johnson was Senate Majority Leader, what was his style of leadership?
4. What did Sam Johnson think of his young son's hair?
5. What did Johnson's critics have to say about the power he held in the Senate?
6. Describe Johnson's courtship of Lady Bird.
7. What story of his grandmother did his grandfather often tell Johnson?
8. What was Johnson accused of after he won the Senate seat?
9. Describe Johnson's heart attack.
10. Why did Johnson feel uncomfortable in the Kennedy White House?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)