|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Johnson have in his suitcase which was tied with baling wire in 1924?
(b) Straw hat.
2. What subcommittee began investigations on the space exploration program in 1957?
(a) Finance Subcommittee.
(b) Presidential Committee on Aerospace Programs.
(c) Advisory Board.
(d) Subcommittee on Preparedness.
3. When Johnson was fifteen, what did he dream he was enclosed in?
(d) Small cage.
4. Where did Johnson go in a Model-T after graduating high school?
(a) New Jersey.
(c) New York City.
5. Who was James Connally?
(a) Johnson's friend and campaign manager.
(b) Primary opponent.
(c) Supreme Court Justice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the caucus that Johnson declined to be part of in the Senate?
2. What did Johnson rely on Robert Baker for?
3. When Johnson was working for a lawyer in 1926, where did he decide to go?
4. What nickname did Johnson get after winning the Senate seat?
5. What was Johnson in the hospital for a few days before his election as a United States Senator?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Johnson's relationship with his mother, Rebekah.
2. How did Johnson conduct his campaign for Democratic nomination for president in 1960?
3. What was Johnson's impact on civil rights as a Senator in 1957?
4. Why did the relationship between Johnson and Carol Davis fail?
5. Why did Johnson decide to become a politician?
6. Why did Johnson feel uncomfortable in the Kennedy White House?
7. How did Johnson learn as much as he could about Congress when he first arrived as a Legislative Secretary?
8. Describe Johnson's heart attack.
9. How did Johnson thwart the political power of the Black Stars?
10. What happened when Johnson made a speech for Pat Neff at the political picnic in Henley, Texas?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)