|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secret group did Johnson form while in his freshman year at college?
(a) White Stars.
(b) Black Stars.
(c) Leaders of the Future.
(d) Students for Democracy.
2. What department did Professor Harry Greene work in at the college Johnson went to?
(a) English Department.
(b) Government Department.
(c) Science Department.
(d) Business Department.
3. Who was Cecil Evans?
(a) President of a college.
(b) Financial aid officer.
(c) Librarian at University of Texas.
(d) Johnson's college roommate.
4. What kind of house did Johnson grow up in?
(c) Small farmhouse.
5. What did seventeen Senators vote against Johnson for in 1961?
(a) Chairman of NASA.
(b) Chairman of the Democratic Conference.
(c) Senate Majority Leader.
(d) Chairman of Equal Employment Opportunity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Johnson feel uncomfortable around John Kennedy's staff?
2. What country launched Sputnik?
3. Where was Lyndon Johnson born?
4. What did Johnson's Republican opponent accuse him of in the election for Senator in "The Making of a Politician"?
5. Where was the college located where Johnson went in 1927?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Johnson's impact on civil rights as a Senator in 1957?
2. How did Johnson thwart the political power of the Black Stars?
3. Describe how Johnson got elected to Congress through a special election.
4. What were the Black Stars at San Marcos College?
5. When Johnson was Senate Majority Leader, what was his style of leadership?
6. What initiative did Johnson take after the Soviets launched Sputnik?
7. How did Johnson work his way up to the job as special assistant at San Marcos College?
8. As a young Senator, why did Johnson want the position of Democratic Party Whip?
9. Describe Johnson's relationship with his mother, Rebekah.
10. What was Johnson's reaction to being asked to be Kennedy's vice-president?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)