|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname did Johnson get after winning the Senate seat?
(a) Landslide Lyndon.
(b) Liar Lyndon.
(c) Lickety-split Lyndon.
(d) Jubiliant Johnson.
2. What job did Johnson take with Richard Kleberg?
(d) Legislative Secretary.
3. Who did Johnson run against in the 1960s Democratic presidential primary?
4. When Johnson was working for a lawyer in 1926, where did he decide to go?
(b) Washington, D.D.
(d) Home to Texas.
5. Who is Rebekah Baines?
(a) Johnson's aunt.
(b) Johnson's librarian.
(c) Johnson's mother.
(d) Johnson's teacher.
6. Who helped Johnson prepare for his math entrance exams in his first semester in college?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
7. What phrase does the author use to describe how Lady Bird escaped mentally when she needed a break from Johnson?
(a) Mental lapse.
(b) Psychic leave.
(c) Escaped to dreamland.
(d) Mental vacation.
8. What department did Professor Harry Greene work in at the college Johnson went to?
(a) Science Department.
(b) Business Department.
(c) English Department.
(d) Government Department.
9. What year was the Civil Rights Act approved by the Senate?
10. What was Johnson referring to when he said "Power is where power goes" in "The Vice-Presidency"?
(a) Civil Rights Act.
(b) State Rights.
(c) Accepting the vice-presidency.
(d) Big Ten colleges.
11. On whose behalf did Johnson speak at a political gathering in Henley, Texas?
(a) Sam Johnson.
(b) Al Smith.
(c) Pat Neff.
(d) Willy Hopkins.
12. Who was one author invited to the White House in the early 1960s?
(a) Maxine Hong Kingston.
(b) John Grisham.
(c) Tennessee Williams.
(d) Virginia Woolf.
13. How old was Johnson when he was first elected to Congress through a special six-week election?
14. What executive office fills the role of President of the Senate?
(a) Vice President.
(b) Secretary of State.
(c) Attorney General.
15. What position did Johnson get elected to on January 3, 1953?
(a) Democratic Party Whip.
(b) Minority Leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Johnson prefer campaigning in the 1960s Democratic presidential primary?
2. Why did Johnson feel uncomfortable around John Kennedy's staff?
3. What kind of house did Johnson grow up in?
4. What job did Johnson take in Cotulla, Texas to help pay his college tuition?
5. Who was President when Johnson was Senate Majority Leader?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)