|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Johnson in the hospital the day after he was elected to Congress in 1937?
(c) Visiting his mother.
(d) Visiting a friend.
2. Who helped Johnson prepare for his math entrance exams in his first semester in college?
(a) His brother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
3. What was Johnson in the hospital for a few days before his election as a United States Senator?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) Broken leg.
(c) Kidney Stones.
(d) High blood pressure.
4. How long did Johnson have to stay in the hospital after he got sick in 1955?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Twenty weeks.
(d) Three days.
5. What city did Johnson travel to in order to talk with Richard Kleberg?
(a) San Marcos.
(c) Corpus Christi.
6. Where did Johnson go to college in 1927?
(a) Texas State.
(b) San Marcos College.
(c) University of Texas.
(d) University of California.
7. What did Johnson admire about Humphrey?
(a) Sincerity and compassion.
(b) His Minnesota roots.
(c) Liberal talkativeness.
(d) His ability to "melt" under Johnson's influence.
8. What did Johnson say the Civil Rights Act should be called?
(a) Compromise bill.
(b) Civil rights victory.
(c) Achievements bill.
(d) Voting rights bill.
9. What was the name of the Supreme court case that dealt with segregation in 1954?
(a) Atkins v. State of New York.
(b) Roe v. Wade.
(c) Brown v. Board of Education.
(d) Smith v. Forester.
10. What job did Johnson take in Cotulla, Texas to help pay his college tuition?
(b) Dental assistant.
11. Where did Johnson meet Claudia "Lady Bird" Taylor?
(b) New York City.
12. What gathering did local political candidates attend each year in Henley, Texas?
(c) Beach party.
(d) All-day political picnic.
13. What year did a United States Senate seat open in Texas that Johnson ultimately won?
14. What appointment did Johnson receive having to do with the National Youth Administration?
(a) Texas Director.
15. Who gave Lady Bird her nickname?
(a) Rebekah Johnson.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Johnson prefer campaigning in the 1960s Democratic presidential primary?
2. What grade did Johnson give his Vice President?
3. Where did Johnson go in a Model-T after graduating high school?
4. What does the author write in "The Vice-Presidency" about Johnson's energy when he went on foreign trips as a Vice President?
5. Why did Johnson feel uncomfortable around John Kennedy's staff?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)