|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country was Ho Chi Minh the leader of in 1965?
(a) North Vietnam.
(b) East Vietnam.
(c) South Vietnam.
(d) West Vietnam.
2. On whose behalf did Johnson speak at a political gathering in Henley, Texas?
(a) Pat Neff.
(b) Willy Hopkins.
(c) Al Smith.
(d) Sam Johnson.
3. What is one activity Johnson planned to take up after his retirement from office that didn't work out?
(a) Travelling around the world.
(b) Practicing law.
(c) Writing his memoirs.
(d) Sky diving.
4. What subcommittee began investigations on the space exploration program in 1957?
(a) Presidential Committee on Aerospace Programs.
(b) Advisory Board.
(c) Subcommittee on Preparedness.
(d) Finance Subcommittee.
5. What phrase does the author use to describe how Lady Bird escaped mentally when she needed a break from Johnson?
(a) Mental vacation.
(b) Mental lapse.
(c) Psychic leave.
(d) Escaped to dreamland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role did Robert Kennedy fill under the Johnson Administration?
2. How did Johnson define the term "Great Society"?
3. How many social programs were created under Johnson's leadership between 1965 and 1968?
4. What did Johnson compare his Great Society programs with at the beginning of "Things Go Wrong"?
5. Who was Johnson visiting on the July Fourth weekend when he got sick in 1955?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)