|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Johnson announce his withdrawal as a candidate for President?
(a) White House televised speech.
(b) Speech in California.
(c) Democratic National Convention.
(d) Before Congress.
2. Where did Johnson meet Claudia "Lady Bird" Taylor?
(d) New York City.
3. Who did Johnson say controlled the three major networks during his administration?
(c) Kennedys and Communists.
(d) Wealthy shareholders.
4. In June 1965, what was Johnson insisting upon about America's involvement in Vietnam?
(a) The U.S. was not at war.
(b) The U.S. was fully in the war and needed public support.
(c) He was not a supporter of the war.
(d) The U.S. had never done bomb strikes in Vietnam.
5. How many daughters did Johnson have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Johnson's first job when he was a freshman in college?
2. What did Johnson call Robert Kennedy in "The Withdrawal"?
3. What gathering did local political candidates attend each year in Henley, Texas?
4. What did Johnson decide to do on March 31, 1968?
5. In "Things Go Wrong," what does the author say Johnson hesitated over for two years before making a recommendation to Congress?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)