|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Under Seige in the White House.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On whose behalf did Johnson speak at a political gathering in Henley, Texas?
(a) Pat Neff.
(b) Sam Johnson.
(c) Willy Hopkins.
(d) Al Smith.
2. What full-time job did Johnson take with a criminal lawyer in the mid-1920s?
(c) Office manager.
(d) Head researcher.
3. As administrator of the Great Society, how big was the bureaucracy that Johnson presided over?
(a) Six million employees.
(b) Two thousand employees.
(c) Nine thousand employees.
(d) One million employees.
4. Who was Johnson's political hero?
(a) Ike Eisenhower.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) John Kennedy.
(d) Franklin Roosevelt.
5. Why did Johnson decide to become a politician?
(a) To gain his parents' admiration.
(b) To make money.
(c) He didn't know what else to do.
(d) For fame.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Richard Kleberg most interested in in Washington?
2. What gathering did local political candidates attend each year in Henley, Texas?
3. Who was Johnson visiting on the July Fourth weekend when he got sick in 1955?
4. What did Johnson discourage between his staffers in his first elected term as President?
5. What did Johnson's grandfather unlock with a gold key in his study?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)