|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Under Seige in the White House.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Johnson visiting on the July Fourth weekend when he got sick in 1955?
(a) George and Herman Brown.
(b) Harry Bryd.
(c) Hubert Humphrey.
(d) Richard Russell.
2. Where was Johnson on election day in 1964 when the results came in?
(a) At his home in Texas.
(c) White House.
3. What did Johnson take control of with each department during his first elected term as President?
(a) Restaurant choices.
(b) Dress code.
(c) Cultural events.
(d) Budget and staffing.
4. What political party did Sam Ealy Johnson join that had a presidential candidate in 1892?
(a) Republican Party.
(b) Independent Party.
(c) Democratic Party.
(d) Populist Party.
5. What appointment did Johnson receive having to do with the National Youth Administration?
(d) Texas Director.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Johnson choose to be his Vice President in the 1964 Presidential election?
2. What phrase does the author use to describe how Lady Bird escaped mentally when she needed a break from Johnson?
3. What did Rebekah Baines pride herself on?
4. What did Johnson's grandfather unlock with a gold key in his study?
5. How did Johnson prefer campaigning in the 1960s Democratic presidential primary?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)