|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Under Seige in the White House.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Things Go Wrong," what does the author say Johnson hesitated over for two years before making a recommendation to Congress?
(a) Tax increase.
(b) Request for funds to rennovate the White House.
(c) Tax decrease.
(d) Request to televise debates.
2. What was the performance that took place in the White House in Spring, 1962 that was the first of its kind?
(c) Jazz performance.
(d) Chamber music.
3. When Johnson was working for a lawyer in 1926, where did he decide to go?
(b) Washington, D.D.
(c) Home to Texas.
4. According to the author in "The Great Society," what did Johnson equate predictability with?
5. What did the press report about the war in Vietnam?
(a) Medical needs of soldiers.
(b) The beauty of the landscape.
(c) Profiles of Vietnamese leaders.
(d) American troops successes and Hanoi's failures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subcommittee began investigations on the space exploration program in 1957?
2. What position did Johnson get elected to on January 3, 1953?
3. When Johnson was fifteen, what did he dream he was enclosed in?
4. What year was the Civil Rights Act approved by the Senate?
5. Who was Johnson visiting on the July Fourth weekend when he got sick in 1955?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)