|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Vietnam.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did Johnson take in Cotulla, Texas to help pay his college tuition?
(c) Dental assistant.
2. What event did Johnson attend in Houston in June, 1928?
(a) Teachers Convention.
(b) Democratic National Convention.
(c) Debate Club Competition.
(d) College Commencement.
3. Where did Johnson go in a Model-T after graduating high school?
(b) New York City.
(c) New Jersey.
4. Who was President in 1931?
(a) Franklin Delano Roosevelt.
(b) Grover Cleveland.
(c) Harry Truman.
(d) Herbert Hoover.
5. What did Johnson take control of with each department during his first elected term as President?
(a) Cultural events.
(b) Budget and staffing.
(c) Dress code.
(d) Restaurant choices.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the press report about the war in Vietnam?
2. What did Dean Acheson say about the passage of the Civil Rights Act in "The Senate Leader"?
3. What did Johnson admire about Humphrey?
4. What did Johnson have in his suitcase which was tied with baling wire in 1924?
5. How many American soldiers were killed when the Vietcong guerrillas raided a U.S. advisers' barracks in Pleiku on February 6, 1965?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)