|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Vietnam.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did most people consider Barry Goldwater to be, according to the author in "The Transition Year"?
(d) Right winger.
2. What word did Johnson's mother often scrawl on the outside of letters to her son?
3. How did Johnson get the job with the criminal lawyer in the mid-1920s?
(a) Newspaper ad.
(b) His mother and the lawyer were cousins.
(c) Personal reference from a friend.
(d) Met the lawyer while having coffee.
4. What did Johnson ask each member of Kennedy's cabinet after Kennedy's assassination?
(a) To leave so he could put in his own staff.
(b) To leave at the beginning of the new year.
(c) To give an oath of secrecy.
(d) To stay on out of loyalty to Kennedy.
5. Who was James Connally?
(b) Primary opponent.
(c) Johnson's friend and campaign manager.
(d) Supreme Court Justice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role was Johnson elected to in the Little Congress?
2. What country was Ho Chi Minh the leader of in 1965?
3. In June 1965, what was Johnson insisting upon about America's involvement in Vietnam?
4. What job did Johnson take with Richard Kleberg?
5. How many votes did Johnson win his Senate seat by?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)