|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Vice-Presidency.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Washington daily newspapers did Johnson read in 1931 on a daily basis?
2. What subcommittee began investigations on the space exploration program in 1957?
(a) Subcommittee on Preparedness.
(b) Presidential Committee on Aerospace Programs.
(c) Finance Subcommittee.
(d) Advisory Board.
3. What city did Johnson travel to in order to talk with Richard Kleberg?
(c) Corpus Christi.
(d) San Marcos.
4. How is Sam Johnson described?
(a) Big and burly.
5. What year did a United States Senate seat open in Texas that Johnson ultimately won?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of job did Johnson take between working for a lawyer and going to college in 1927?
2. Why did Johnson feel uncomfortable around John Kennedy's staff?
3. What did Dean Acheson say about the passage of the Civil Rights Act in "The Senate Leader"?
4. What did Johnson have in his suitcase which was tied with baling wire in 1924?
5. What does the author write in "The Vice-Presidency" about Johnson's energy when he went on foreign trips as a Vice President?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)