|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Vice-Presidency.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was President in 1931?
(a) Grover Cleveland.
(b) Herbert Hoover.
(c) Franklin Delano Roosevelt.
(d) Harry Truman.
2. What does the author say Johnson relied on to persuade senators to support his objectives in "The Senate Leader"?
(a) Public debate.
(b) Press Conferences.
(c) Behind the scenes negotiations.
(d) Committee hearings.
3. What was the performance that took place in the White House in Spring, 1962 that was the first of its kind?
(a) Jazz performance.
(d) Chamber music.
4. What executive office fills the role of President of the Senate?
(a) Secretary of State.
(b) Vice President.
(c) Attorney General.
5. Who helped Johnson prepare for his math entrance exams in his first semester in college?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Senate Leader," what did Johnson fear if the Civil Rights Act did not pass the Senate?
2. What was Johnson referring to when he said "Power is where power goes" in "The Vice-Presidency"?
3. What kind of house did Johnson grow up in?
4. What secret group did Johnson form while in his freshman year at college?
5. Who was Cecil Evans?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)