|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Vice-Presidency.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impassioned plea did Humphrey make at the 1948 Democratic Convention?
(a) A strong civil rights plank.
(b) Better salary for congressmen.
(c) Voting rights for women.
(d) Higher education.
2. What did Johnson's Republican opponent accuse him of in the election for Senator in "The Making of a Politician"?
(a) Lying about campaign promises.
(b) Padding his political record.
(c) Stuffing the ballot box.
(d) Stealing campaign materials.
3. How long did Johnson have to stay in the hospital after he got sick in 1955?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Three days.
(c) Twenty weeks.
(d) Six weeks.
4. When did Johnson resume his position in the Senate after his illness in 1955?
(a) February 5, 1956.
(b) February 12, 1958.
(c) January 2, 1956.
(d) January 30, 1955.
5. How old was Lady Bird when her mother died?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did his mother still have at home when Johnson went off to college?
2. What was the name of the Supreme court case that dealt with segregation in 1954?
3. What kind of house did Johnson grow up in?
4. What event did Johnson attend in Houston in June, 1928?
5. What year did a United States Senate seat open in Texas that Johnson ultimately won?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)