|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Vice-Presidency.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did a United States Senate seat open in Texas that Johnson ultimately won?
2. Where did Johnson go to college in 1927?
(a) University of Texas.
(b) University of California.
(c) Texas State.
(d) San Marcos College.
3. What nickname did Johnson get after winning the Senate seat?
(a) Jubiliant Johnson.
(b) Lickety-split Lyndon.
(c) Landslide Lyndon.
(d) Liar Lyndon.
4. What was the name of the space program that Johnson's congressional initiatives resulted in?
5. On whose behalf did Johnson speak at a political gathering in Henley, Texas?
(a) Pat Neff.
(b) Sam Johnson.
(c) Willy Hopkins.
(d) Al Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret group did Johnson form while in his freshman year at college?
2. What was the name of the Supreme court case that dealt with segregation in 1954?
3. What year was the Civil Rights Act approved by the Senate?
4. What role was Johnson elected to in the Little Congress?
5. How did Johnson prefer campaigning in the 1960s Democratic presidential primary?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)