|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Senate Leader.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impassioned plea did Humphrey make at the 1948 Democratic Convention?
(a) A strong civil rights plank.
(b) Voting rights for women.
(c) Higher education.
(d) Better salary for congressmen.
2. What did Dean Acheson say about the passage of the Civil Rights Act in "The Senate Leader"?
(a) Great work for Johnson.
(b) The Act was not enough.
(c) A surprise.
(d) Among the greatest achievements since the war.
3. What school was Johnson teaching in when he received a call from Richard Kleberg?
(a) Austin Junior High.
(b) Fredericksburg High.
(c) San Marcos Elementary.
(d) Sam Houston High.
4. Who gave Lady Bird her nickname?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Rebekah Johnson.
(d) Her father.
5. What department did Professor Harry Greene work in at the college Johnson went to?
(a) Government Department.
(b) Business Department.
(c) English Department.
(d) Science Department.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Johnson say the Civil Rights Act should be called?
2. What job did Johnson take with Richard Kleberg?
3. What political party did Sam Ealy Johnson join that had a presidential candidate in 1892?
4. Who was Robert Baker?
5. How long was Johnson's train journey at the end of "Education and the Dream of Success"?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)