|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Senate Leader.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Johnson when he was first elected to Congress through a special six-week election?
2. In "The Senate Leader," what did Johnson fear if the Civil Rights Act did not pass the Senate?
(a) Kennedy's new legislation.
(b) The Republican's reforms.
(c) That everything he had created would come undone.
(d) The President's wrath.
3. Why did Johnson decide to become a politician?
(a) He didn't know what else to do.
(b) To make money.
(c) For fame.
(d) To gain his parents' admiration.
4. What year was the Civil Rights Act approved by the Senate?
5. Who helped Johnson prepare for his math entrance exams in his first semester in college?
(a) His brother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Cecil Evans?
2. On whose behalf did Johnson speak at a political gathering in Henley, Texas?
3. Where did Johnson go in a Model-T after graduating high school?
4. What Senator did Hubert Humphrey criticize that made other senators angry in "Rise to Power in the Senate"?
5. How many things did Johnson say he disagreed with President Kennedy on when he was his Vice President?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)