|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Senate Leader.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Johnson in the hospital the day after he was elected to Congress in 1937?
(a) Visiting his mother.
(c) Visiting a friend.
2. What role was Johnson elected to in the Little Congress?
(b) Taking the minutes of each meeting.
3. What time did the train leave that Johnson was on at the end of "Education and the Dream of Success"?
(a) Eight a.m.
(b) Twelve p.m.
(c) Four p.m.
(d) Six p.m.
4. Who was Cecil Evans?
(a) Librarian at University of Texas.
(b) President of a college.
(c) Financial aid officer.
(d) Johnson's college roommate.
5. What did Johnson's Republican opponent accuse him of in the election for Senator in "The Making of a Politician"?
(a) Lying about campaign promises.
(b) Stealing campaign materials.
(c) Padding his political record.
(d) Stuffing the ballot box.
Short Answer Questions
1. What student organization was Johnson elected to be a member of in college?
2. What subcommittee began investigations on the space exploration program in 1957?
3. On whose behalf did Johnson speak at a political gathering in Henley, Texas?
4. What department did Professor Harry Greene work in at the college Johnson went to?
5. How did Johnson get the job with the criminal lawyer in the mid-1920s?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)