|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Making of a Politician.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did a United States Senate seat open in Texas that Johnson ultimately won?
2. How many votes did Johnson win his Senate seat by?
(b) Six hundred.
3. What was the name of the hotel where Johnson lived when he first went to Washington?
(a) Hotel Rouge.
(b) Fairmount Hotel.
(c) Dodge Hotel.
(d) Crowne Plaza.
4. What event did Johnson attend in Houston in June, 1928?
(a) College Commencement.
(b) Debate Club Competition.
(c) Teachers Convention.
(d) Democratic National Convention.
5. What gathering did local political candidates attend each year in Henley, Texas?
(c) Beach party.
(d) All-day political picnic.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Lady Bird when her mother died?
2. What did Johnson's grandfather unlock with a gold key in his study?
3. Who gave Lady Bird her nickname?
4. Why did Johnson decide to become a politician?
5. What role was Johnson elected to in the Little Congress?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)