|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Education and the Dream of Success.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Johnson have in his suitcase which was tied with baling wire in 1924?
(b) Straw hat.
2. Who was Cecil Evans?
(a) Librarian at University of Texas.
(b) Financial aid officer.
(c) President of a college.
(d) Johnson's college roommate.
3. How many children did his mother still have at home when Johnson went off to college?
4. What secret group did Johnson form while in his freshman year at college?
(a) Leaders of the Future.
(b) Students for Democracy.
(c) Black Stars.
(d) White Stars.
5. What school was Johnson teaching in when he received a call from Richard Kleberg?
(a) Fredericksburg High.
(b) San Marcos Elementary.
(c) Austin Junior High.
(d) Sam Houston High.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Johnson prepare for his math entrance exams in his first semester in college?
2. What did Rebekah Baines pride herself on?
3. When Johnson was working for a lawyer in 1926, where did he decide to go?
4. What was Johnson's first job when he was a freshman in college?
5. What event did Johnson attend in Houston in June, 1928?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)