|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Education and the Dream of Success.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of house did Johnson grow up in?
(c) Small farmhouse.
2. Where did Johnson go to college in 1927?
(a) University of Texas.
(b) Texas State.
(c) San Marcos College.
(d) University of California.
3. On whose behalf did Johnson speak at a political gathering in Henley, Texas?
(a) Al Smith.
(b) Sam Johnson.
(c) Willy Hopkins.
(d) Pat Neff.
4. Who was Carol Davis?
(a) Johnson's mother's friend.
(b) House mother to Johnson's fraternity.
(c) Secretary for the college dean.
(d) Johnson's first real girlfriend.
5. How is Sam Johnson described?
(b) Big and burly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political party did Sam Ealy Johnson join that had a presidential candidate in 1892?
2. When Johnson was working for a lawyer in 1926, where did he decide to go?
3. What school was Johnson teaching in when he received a call from Richard Kleberg?
4. Why was Johnson in the hospital the day after he was elected to Congress in 1937?
5. What did Willy Hopkins hire Johnson to do after he heard him speaking at a political gathering in Henley, Texas?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)