|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Education and the Dream of Success.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time did the train leave that Johnson was on at the end of "Education and the Dream of Success"?
(a) Twelve p.m.
(b) Four p.m.
(c) Six p.m.
(d) Eight a.m.
2. When Johnson was working for a lawyer in 1926, where did he decide to go?
(a) Washington, D.D.
(b) Home to Texas.
3. What did Johnson's grandfather unlock with a gold key in his study?
(a) Drawer full of candy sticks.
(b) Fire box.
(d) Closet door.
4. Who was Carol Davis?
(a) Johnson's mother's friend.
(b) Secretary for the college dean.
(c) Johnson's first real girlfriend.
(d) House mother to Johnson's fraternity.
5. What secret group did Johnson form while in his freshman year at college?
(a) White Stars.
(b) Black Stars.
(c) Students for Democracy.
(d) Leaders of the Future.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Johnson prepare for his math entrance exams in his first semester in college?
2. What kind of job did Johnson take between working for a lawyer and going to college in 1927?
3. What student organization was Johnson elected to be a member of in college?
4. Who was Cecil Evans?
5. What department did Professor Harry Greene work in at the college Johnson went to?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)