|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Rise to Power in the Senate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Johnson visiting on the July Fourth weekend when he got sick in 1955?
(a) Harry Bryd.
(b) George and Herman Brown.
(c) Hubert Humphrey.
(d) Richard Russell.
2. How long did Johnson have to stay in the hospital after he got sick in 1955?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Twenty weeks.
(c) Three days.
(d) Six weeks.
3. What branch of the military did Johnson enlist in after the attack at Pearl Harbor?
(c) Air Force.
4. How old was Johnson when he was first elected to Congress through a special six-week election?
5. What state did the New York Times writer William S. White come from?
(a) South Carolina.
(c) Rhode Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname did Johnson get after winning the Senate seat?
2. What Senator did Hubert Humphrey criticize that made other senators angry in "Rise to Power in the Senate"?
3. Who was President in 1931?
4. What gathering did local political candidates attend each year in Henley, Texas?
5. What was Johnson haunted by during his three-month convalescence at home in 1955?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)