|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Rise to Power in the Senate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Johnson go to college in 1927?
(a) San Marcos College.
(b) University of California.
(c) Texas State.
(d) University of Texas.
2. When Johnson was working for a lawyer in 1926, where did he decide to go?
(a) Washington, D.D.
(b) Home to Texas.
3. Who was James Connally?
(b) Supreme Court Justice.
(c) Johnson's friend and campaign manager.
(d) Primary opponent.
4. What is the name of the caucus that Johnson declined to be part of in the Senate?
(a) Young Legislators Caucus.
(b) Harvard Caucus.
(c) Southern Caucus.
(d) Democratic Caucus.
5. What event did Johnson attend in Houston in June, 1928?
(a) Democratic National Convention.
(b) Debate Club Competition.
(c) Teachers Convention.
(d) College Commencement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave Lady Bird her nickname?
2. On whose behalf did Johnson speak at a political gathering in Henley, Texas?
3. What did Johnson rely on Robert Baker for?
4. What secret group did Johnson form while in his freshman year at college?
5. What department did Professor Harry Greene work in at the college Johnson went to?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)