|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Rise to Power in the Senate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Johnson have in his suitcase which was tied with baling wire in 1924?
(b) Straw hat.
2. Where did Johnson meet Claudia "Lady Bird" Taylor?
(d) New York City.
3. What is the name of the caucus that Johnson declined to be part of in the Senate?
(a) Southern Caucus.
(b) Democratic Caucus.
(c) Young Legislators Caucus.
(d) Harvard Caucus.
4. What kind of job did Johnson take between working for a lawyer and going to college in 1927?
(a) Auto mechanic.
(c) Road gang.
5. What did Willy Hopkins hire Johnson to do after he heard him speaking at a political gathering in Henley, Texas?
(a) Manage his campaign.
(b) Work for the town of Henley.
(c) Give speeches at schools.
(d) Teach at a Mexican-American school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time did the train leave that Johnson was on at the end of "Education and the Dream of Success"?
2. Who was Robert Baker?
3. What phrase does the author use to describe how Lady Bird escaped mentally when she needed a break from Johnson?
4. What event did Johnson attend in Houston in June, 1928?
5. What secret group did Johnson form while in his freshman year at college?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)