|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Rise to Power in the Senate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Robert Baker?
(a) Secretary to the Senate Democrats.
(b) Lady Bird's cousin.
(c) Johnson's gardener.
(d) Johnson's page.
2. What is the name of the caucus that Johnson declined to be part of in the Senate?
(a) Harvard Caucus.
(b) Democratic Caucus.
(c) Southern Caucus.
(d) Young Legislators Caucus.
3. What did Johnson's public statement about the 84th Congress express when he returned from his three-month convalescence?
4. Why was Johnson in the hospital the day after he was elected to Congress in 1937?
(b) Visiting a friend.
(c) Visiting his mother.
5. What phrase does the author use to describe how Lady Bird escaped mentally when she needed a break from Johnson?
(a) Mental vacation.
(b) Escaped to dreamland.
(c) Psychic leave.
(d) Mental lapse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Johnson rely on Robert Baker for?
2. What word did Johnson's mother often scrawl on the outside of letters to her son?
3. What did Johnson have in his suitcase which was tied with baling wire in 1924?
4. What city did Johnson travel to in order to talk with Richard Kleberg?
5. What was Johnson's first job when he was a freshman in college?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)