|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Things Go Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told Johnson that if he didn't run for President it would show a lack of courage and be wrong for the country?
(a) Lady Bird.
(b) Robert Kennedy.
(c) Thomas Dodd.
(d) His father.
2. Who was Johnson visiting on the July Fourth weekend when he got sick in 1955?
(a) George and Herman Brown.
(b) Richard Russell.
(c) Hubert Humphrey.
(d) Harry Bryd.
3. What was Richard McNamara's title in the Johnson Administration in 1966?
(a) Secretary of Health and Human Resources.
(b) Secrety of Labor.
(c) Secretary of Defense.
(d) Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers.
4. What Senator did Hubert Humphrey criticize that made other senators angry in "Rise to Power in the Senate"?
5. What did most people consider Barry Goldwater to be, according to the author in "The Transition Year"?
(c) Right winger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Johnson compare his Great Society programs with at the beginning of "Things Go Wrong"?
2. What kind of popular majority did Johnson win in 1964?
3. What was Johnson haunted by during his three-month convalescence at home in 1955?
4. How many social programs were created under Johnson's leadership between 1965 and 1968?
5. What city was Hubert Humphrey mayor of?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)