|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Things Go Wrong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Johnson ask of Senator Everett Dirksen of Illinois in "The Transition Year"?
(a) To help him with his speech to Congress.
(b) To come to the White House for dinner and conversation.
(c) To ask other senators about their interests.
(d) His support on civil rights legislation.
2. What did Johnson suffer from in July, 1955?
(b) Kidney stones.
(d) Heart attack.
3. What did Johnson admire about Humphrey?
(a) His Minnesota roots.
(b) Sincerity and compassion.
(c) His ability to "melt" under Johnson's influence.
(d) Liberal talkativeness.
4. How long did Johnson have to stay in the hospital after he got sick in 1955?
(a) Three days.
(b) Twenty weeks.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
5. What did Johnson feel like when he took over the office of President after Kennedy's assassination?
(c) The best person for the job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position did Johnson get elected to on January 3, 1953?
2. What kind of popular majority did Johnson win in 1964?
3. What grade did Johnson give himself as a Vice President?
4. Who told Johnson that if he didn't run for President it would show a lack of courage and be wrong for the country?
5. Who did Johnson choose to be his Vice President in the 1964 Presidential election?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)