Chapter 1, Growing Up
1. Where was Lyndon Johnson born?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) Atlanta, Georgia.
(c) Boston, Massachusetts.
(d) Stonewall, Texas.
2. What kind of house did Johnson grow up in?
(a) Small farmhouse.
3. Who is Rebekah Baines?
(a) Johnson's aunt.
(b) Johnson's teacher.
(c) Johnson's mother.
(d) Johnson's librarian.
4. What did Rebekah Baines pride herself on?
(a) Her artwork.
(b) Her managerial style.
(c) Her hard work.
(d) Commitment to education and civillity.
5. How is Sam Johnson described?
(d) Big and burly.
6. What did Johnson's grandfather unlock with a gold key in his study?
(a) Drawer full of candy sticks.
(b) Closet door.
(d) Fire box.
7. What political party did Sam Ealy Johnson join that had a presidential candidate in 1892?
(a) Independent Party.
(b) Populist Party.
(c) Democratic Party.
(d) Republican Party.
8. Where did Johnson go in a Model-T after graduating high school?
(b) New York City.
(c) New Jersey.
9. What did Johnson have in his suitcase which was tied with baling wire in 1924?
(c) Straw hat.
This section contains 4,170 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)