|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frank's last name?
2. What is the name of Charles' sailboat?
3. What is Albert's age?
4. From what perspective is The Knot told?
5. In Part 3 of The Knot, what do the man and woman meet up to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the similarities between The Man Who Would Not Away and A Thrilling Life?
2. Describe the relationship between Charles and Meg.
3. Describe Albert.
4. How does Albert react to the gardens?
5. What epiphany does the woman in The Feather in the Toque have?
6. Describe the division of the story The Knot.
7. In what way is exposure a theme in The Feather in the Toque?
8. Describe the point of view in A Thrilling Life.
9. Describe the setting in The Feather in the Toque.
10. How is the title The Man Who Would Not Go Away relevant to the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are the titles of the short stories relevant to the stories themselves? Choose three titles and discuss how each is relevant to the story it describes.
Essay Topic 2
How is allegory used in the short stories in this collection? Use one specific allegory to analyze. What is the purpose of allegory in literature, and in this particular book?
Essay Topic 3
What messages might the author be sending to the reader? What is the author trying to say about relationships? How do you know?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)