|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is most evident in The Man Who Would Not Go Away?
2. Which of the following serves as an allegory in A Thrilling Life?
(a) The scene where the characters are in a car.
(b) The scene where the narrator reminisces about her relationship with Frank.
(c) The scene where Frank says he is having an affair.
(d) The scene where the narrator is at work.
3. What does the woman in The Man Who Would Not Go Away escape into?
(c) Celebrity news.
4. Which of the following is one of Frank's hobbies?
(b) Speech writing.
5. Describe the relationship between the man and the woman in Part 3 of The Knot.
(c) Broken up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of bird flies into the home of a couple?
2. What type of magazine does the narrator write for in A Thrilling Life?
3. What season is it in Part 4 of The Knot?
4. Where does the couple live in The Feather in the Toque?
5. From what perspective is The Swan in the Garden told?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the title The Man Who Would Not Go Away relevant to the story?
2. Describe Albert.
3. How is Ole Siche similar to the story The Swan in the Garden?
4. Describe the conclusion of The Knot.
5. What epiphany does the woman in The Feather in the Toque have?
6. What element in The Knot is used to develop characterization?
7. Describe the relationship between the man and the woman in The Feather in the Toque.
8. Describe one theme that is common throughout all the stories in the book.
9. Describe the relationship between the narrator and Frank in A Thrilling Life.
10. Describe the relationship between Charles and Meg.
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)