|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Charles' sailboat?
(c) Boiling Point.
2. What does Charles tell Meg to rent?
(a) A sailboat.
(b) A motorcycle.
(c) A car.
(d) Jet skis.
3. Which of the following is dialogue used for in The Knot?
4. What type of animal hisses at Evelyn?
5. What type of magazine does the woman in The Man Who Would Not Go Away work for?
Short Answer Questions
1. In a photo that a woman finds of her boyfriend's ex-lover, what is the woman wearing?
2. To what type of location does Meg want to walk?
3. What does the woman in The Man Who Would Not Go Away escape into?
4. How did the woman feel about the man in The Man Who Would Not Go Away?
5. From what perspective is Ole Siche told?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe one theme that is common throughout all the stories in the book.
2. Describe the relationship between the narrator and Frank in A Thrilling Life.
3. How is the swan a symbol in The Swan in the Garden?
4. How is Ole Siche similar to the story The Swan in the Garden?
5. Describe the division of the story The Knot.
6. The title, Ole Siche, means "Dry Island." Why is this relevant to the story?
7. How is the title The Man Who Would Not Go Away relevant to the story?
8. Describe the conclusion of The Knot.
9. Describe the point of view in A Thrilling Life.
10. What elements of a typical story are missing from The Man Who Would Not Go Away?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)