|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what perspective is The Swan in the Garden told?
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) First person.
(c) Second person.
(d) Third person limited.
2. From what perspective is The Feather in the Toque told?
(c) Third limited.
(d) Third omniscient.
3. What type of magazine does the narrator write for in A Thrilling Life?
4. What season is it in Part 4 of The Knot?
5. What is Frank's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the woman meet the man's friend in The Man Who Would Not Go Away?
2. What does Charles chastise Meg for?
3. What does Charles tell Meg to rent?
4. What does the woman in The Feather in the Toque do with the item she finds on a shelf?
5. What type of relationship does the narrator have with Frank?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the narrator learns that Frank has a new girlfriend, what does she feel?
2. Describe the point of view in A Thrilling Life.
3. What elements of a typical story are missing from The Man Who Would Not Go Away?
4. Describe the setting in The Feather in the Toque.
5. Describe one theme that is common throughout all the stories in the book.
6. Describe the relationship between the narrator and Frank in A Thrilling Life.
7. Describe Charles and Meg.
8. In what way is exposure a theme in The Feather in the Toque?
9. How is the swan a symbol in The Swan in the Garden?
10. Why is the title, A Thrilling Life, relevant to the story?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)