|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, which word best describes Frank?
2. From what perspective is The Feather in the Toque told?
(b) Third limited.
(c) Third omniscient.
3. Describe the relationship between the man and the woman in Part 3 of The Knot.
(a) Broken up.
4. Where does the woman meet the man's friend in The Man Who Would Not Go Away?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) At work.
(c) A club.
(d) A library.
5. In what season do the events occur in The Feather in the Toque?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Evelyn want Albert to tell her about?
2. What is Charles worried about?
3. What is Evelyn's nickname?
4. What type of animal hisses at Evelyn?
5. In Part 1 of The Knot, where are the two characters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Charles and Meg.
2. How is the swan a symbol in The Swan in the Garden?
3. Describe the point of view in A Thrilling Life.
4. Describe the conclusion of The Knot.
5. What element in The Knot is used to develop characterization?
6. When the narrator learns that Frank has a new girlfriend, what does she feel?
7. What are the similarities between The Man Who Would Not Away and A Thrilling Life?
8. What epiphany does the woman in The Feather in the Toque have?
9. What elements of a typical story are missing from The Man Who Would Not Go Away?
10. Describe Albert.
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)