|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the title of the story Blow refer to?
(a) A quote from a library book.
(b) Bill's drug problem.
(c) The windy city streets.
(d) The relationship between Bill and the narrator.
2. From what point of view is Blow told from?
(a) First person.
(b) Third person omniscient.
(c) Second person.
(d) Third person limited.
3. Which of the following words best describes the narrator of Lust?
4. Which of the following words describes the man at the party?
5. Describe the weather in the story Lunch with Harry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bill have an appointment with?
2. Who does the narrator in Blow live with?
3. What is the occupation of the man at the party whom Lil talks to?
4. Which word best describes the level of parental oversight the narrator of Lust has?
5. What is the name of Lil's sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lil feel about the actor at the party?
2. How does Ellen feel the morning after the party?
3. Describe the behavior Nicholas exhibits the morning after the party.
4. What is the difference between men and women in Lust?
5. Why is the first person perspective important in the story Sparks?
6. What comments does Tim make that make Owen feel uncomfortable?
7. Describe the Lust narrator's habits in choosing sexual partners.
8. Describe the attraction between Ellen and Nicholas.
9. Why does the narrator of Lust go on dates?
10. What is the relevance of the title Sparks?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)