|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tim warn Owen about?
(c) His ex-girlfriend.
(d) Liz's father.
2. In what condition does Tim arrive at Owen's home?
(d) Bloody and bruised.
3. Who calls Owen and Liz?
(a) Owen's mother.
(b) Liz's mother.
(c) Liz's best friend.
(d) Owen's friend.
4. What is the number of boys that the narrator of Lust has had sex with?
(a) At least 16.
(b) At least 20.
(c) At least 8.
(d) At least 4.
5. Which word best describes Nicholas?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator of Lust cohabitate with?
2. What is the name of the second girlfriend in Lust?
3. The morning after the party, which word would Ellen use to describe Nicholas?
4. From what perspective is The Break-up told?
5. What does Lil search for at the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lil feel about the actor at the party?
2. What is the significance of having an unnamed character in Lust?
3. Why is the first person perspective important in the story Sparks?
4. Describe Emma from Lunch with Harry.
5. How does Liz want Owen to change?
6. Describe the tone of the story The Break-up.
7. Are Harry, Emma, and Jane sympathetic characters? Why or why not?
8. What is the relevance of the title Sparks?
9. Does the narrator of Lust enjoy sexual activity? How do you know?
10. Why is Lil an unreliable narrator?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)