|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In A Thrilling Life, which of the following is lacking?
(b) Emotional development of characters.
(c) A single point of view.
(d) Character introduction.
2. What is Charles' last name?
3. What is Meg's occupation?
(b) Cruiseship custodian.
(c) Broadway actress.
(d) Children's book author.
4. From what perspective is The Swan in the Garden told?
(a) First person.
(b) Third person limited.
(c) Third person omniscient.
(d) Second person.
5. What type of magazine does the narrator write for in A Thrilling Life?
6. What type of bird flies into the home of a couple?
(c) Blue jay.
7. In what season do the events occur in The Feather in the Toque?
8. What type of magazine does the woman in The Man Who Would Not Go Away work for?
9. In a photo that a woman finds of her boyfriend's ex-lover, what is the woman wearing?
(a) Leopard pants.
(b) Sweat pants.
(d) A fancy comb.
10. What is Albert's age?
11. What period of transition occurs in A Thrilling Life?
(a) Several years.
(b) Several hours.
(c) Several months.
(d) Several days.
12. What is the nickname of the man in The Knot?
13. What does the woman in The Feather in the Toque find on a shelf?
(a) A comb.
(b) A photo.
(c) A boa.
(d) A cell phone.
14. What is the name of the woman in The Knot?
15. What is Albert's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of animal hisses at Evelyn?
2. What is Bob studying in school?
3. How does Frank feel when the narrator tells him personal information about herself?
4. Describe the couple's home in The Feather in the Toque.
5. According to the narrator, which word best describes Frank?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)